As a Claims Team Lead, you will be responsible for the administrative and technical supervision of a team of workers’ compensation claims professionals. We’ll look to you for staff training, development, and performance management; to monitor claim handling activities; and provide technical and jurisdictional specific direction and feedback to ensure timely and accurate investigation and adjudication of claims to produce quality outcomes.
- Supervises all technical aspects of claims including coverage investigation, disability benefits management, medical management, file management, litigation management, subrogation, reserving and settlement.
- Provides team with technical training and claims handling guidance and direction
- Reviews reserve and settlement amounts over the Claims Representative authority level for approval
- Ensures claims are clearly and adequately documented, and ensures claims data is captured and coded correctly within the claims management software system
- Provides team support, leadership and motivation to promote a high level of performance
- Establishes team performance goals and objectives in alignment with business plans
- Directs team toward the achievement of established goals and objectives
- Performs claims quality reviews in compliance with audit requirements and quality standards on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Identifies and alerts senior management to claims trends or issues
- Resolves escalated policyholder and claimant issues related to specific claims
- Conducts regular coaching and performance feedback discussions
- Establishes performance and career development plans in collaboration with team members, management & HR
- Assures claims representatives are properly licensed or certified in assigned jurisdictions
- Partners with HR and management on engagement strategies to improve employee engagement, job satisfaction, and create a psychologically safe work environment
- Administers all company personnel policies and addresses and resolves personnel matters with the support of management and HR
- Conducts interviews of prospective claims representative candidates and provides feedback to assist senior management with hiring decisions
- Maintains and demonstrates knowledge of the Workers’ Compensation Act, adjudication process, and regulatory compliance framework in assigned jurisdictions
- Attends and participates in claim file reviews with senior management and defense attorneys
- Coordinates and leads special projects or processes as assigned by senior management
- Continuously strives to improve our product and business results through innovation
- Obtain and maintain adjuster license in multiple jurisdictions
We have an exciting opportunity for an Actuarial Pricing Lead to join our team! In this role, you will report to the VP Chief Actuary of Berkley Mid-Atlantic Insurance Group. You will drive rate reviews, participate in the company’s planning processes, and provide analysis and tools that support profitable growth.
- Collaborate effectively within the Actuarial department and with the company’s leaders to deliver insightful and timely analyses.
- Lead state/product rate reviews and filings and supporting actuarial analysis by interpreting bureau changes and current pricing levels and recommending rate changes.
- Drive the actuarial component of the company’s planning processes.
- Identify, retrieve, and prepare internal and external data in support of actuarial analysis.
- Interpret and implement advanced analytics models for pricing and other applications.
- Identify segments with profitable growth potential or underperforming segments and propose strategy adjustments.
To support the underwriting function by inputting information quickly and accurately from a variety of sources including incoming applications into Verus core systems and setting them up in the workflow, providing excellent customer service.
- Develop queries and reports for actuarial department and executive team as requested.
- Strong knowledge of internal data systems in order to be a relied upon resource for data-driven changes or problems across the organization.
- Help manage transition from legacy systems into more efficient systems and solutions.
- Identify and analyze information needs and flow for design, development, and maintenance.
- Construct reports within Microsoft Excel and Power BI that aid Underwriting in making correct strategic decisions in reaching profitability and growth goals.
- Develop and maintain Financial Planning, Budgeting, and Forecasting visuals.
- Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and decision makers.
The Operations Support Specialist is responsible for the support the underwriting and operations functions and provide excellent customer service.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee incoming and outgoing physical mail
- Manage mailroom/office supply inventory and ordering
- Assist with workstation hardware set up and troubleshooting
- Index incoming correspondence and documents to Underwriting files
- Research and respond to agent/insured correspondence, calls, and inquiries including requests for loss runs and copies of forms and endorsements
- Manage multiple email inboxes
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers
- Provide support across Operations department as needed
- Assist with special projects as assigned
The Sr. Director, Enterprise End UserServices should be obsessed with the end user experience and delivering best in class solutions through collaboration with stakeholders, to understand their goals and align technology solutions with desired business outcomes. They are responsible for the strategic direction, implementation and delivery of all end user devices, software and related services.
Responsibilities also include the design, architecture and management of the end user computing platform, developing and maintaining technology standards based on industry best practices, managing a technology roadmap, and proposing and developing new solutions based on business strategy.
This leader will work with the broader IT organization and Berkley business units to deliver solutions, serve as a subject matter expert in end user computing technology, and drive focus on delivering an excellent customer experience.
- The Sr. Director, Enterprise End User Services is responsible for developing transformational strategies, roadmaps, solution blueprints, implementation plans and OKRs for End User Services and Projects across the Berkley Enterprise;
- The role will also be responsible for defining enterprise-wide standards, processes, and technologies;
- This role will work closely with the BTS IT Leadership Teams as well as across the entire IT organization to continually improve end user services including the device modernization and support initiatives;
- This role will have responsibilities for developing new solutions and modernizing existing solutions across the corporate IT portfolio;
- This IT leader will coordinate deployment and services with Operating Units and will have responsibilities for leading the endpoint management systems, patching and compliance and support models for deploying and supporting solutions;
- This leader will be a focal point for technical services with key technology partners
- Manage the teams responsible for all aspects of end user computing services including endpoint computing platforms (laptops/desktops/VDI), mobile devices and mobility services, application packaging and management, collaboration tools (messaging/video/meeting services), and future technologies that would fall into this realm of IT services.
- Proactively seek and communicate opportunities for improvement in both the operational and customer satisfaction aspects of the end user service function.
- Constantly evaluate industry trends and the product landscape to determine how they apply to the end user computing experience.
- Identify technologies which will improve customer satisfaction, reduce cost or improve efficiency.
- Provide leadership/support to ensure projects are staffed appropriately and timelines are met.
- Monitor ongoing staff performance, identify and communicate opportunities for improvement.
- Work collaboratively with other business and IT leaders to ensure cross functional problems are addressed cohesively across the organization.
- Performs other duties assigned.
Joining Berkley Technology Services (BTS)’ UNIX Server team as a Co-Op offers you the opportunity to directly engage in the support, maintenance, and evolution of our expansive UNIX/Linux environment. You’ll partner directly with our experience engineers to learn and build expertise around the Linux instances (AIX, Redhat Enterprise Linux). This offers unique hands-on experience with tasks that span server builds, file system increases, permissioning, as well as configuration standardization and management among others. You’ll also have opportunities to take ownership of projects that are highly impactful on our team with past projects having included tasks like supporting network time protocols to explore process improvements and proactively prevent systems from drifting out of time. Through all of this, our goal is to ensure you’re constantly learning.
- Triage and resolve Incidents that arise within our environment related to Filesystem, CPU, Swap, login and group issues, etc.
- Complete requests for Memory, Filesystem and CPU Increases
- Learn and execute server patches, coordinating with our overnight support teams to ensure patches run as expected
- Create playbooks in Ansible that facilitate automation of processes that include server provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, and other processes
- Assist with vulnerability management initiatives including creation and implementation of patching for all Unix and Linux OSs
- Learn Kubernetes and DevOps processes and assist with initiatives related to moving some workloads to Azure and a new Kubernetes solution.
The Senior Actuarial Analyst’s role is to take the lead in coordinating, preparing, performing, and communicating complex actuarial analyses required to estimate expected losses for insurance products on an individual policy level (pricing and operations) or across the entire portfolio and /or project future financial results (reserving). The Senior Actuarial Analyst may support pricing, reserving, or operations/modeling within the MEC Actuarial department, depending on experience.
The Senior Actuarial Analyst is also responsible for taking the initiative to identify and recommend necessary enhancements and changes to existing actuarial analysis processes, analytical methods, and related processes and procedures that reflect changing market and operating conditions and enable the department to contribute most effectively to the company’s success.
Under general direction and with limited supervision, core role responsibilities for the assigned functional area(s) (pricing, reserving, operations/modeling) include:
- Leverage advanced knowledge of generally accepted actuarial techniques, as well as database and programming skills, to ensure that pricing and reserving actuarial analyses appropriately and accurately reflect ongoing market and company operational changes – and effectively communicate results to actuarial management. This could include:
- Produce, deliver, and explain actuarial cost analyses on individual accounts that support the insurance quote process and in-force book maintenance.
- Provide and interpret actuarial diagnostic data for client service deliverables.
- Oversee/perform the technical reviews of the quarterly reserve analyses.
- Develop, monitor, interpret, and communicate company and department financial metrics. Investigate anomalies – and summarize for management.
- Assist actuarial management in being a thought leader in the department, ensuring applicable actuarial methods, techniques, and processes are appropriately sophisticated and reflect current industry standards.
- Participate in strategic and departmental special projects at the request of management and effectively interpret results.
- As needed, work with actuarial leadership to develop external relationships with Berkley corporate staff and actuarial auditors by assisting with periodic project requests and preparing for and participating in joint discussions.
- All other duties, as assigned.
A qualified candidate for our Sr. Renewable Energy Account Executive position will have experience and expertise in the duties and qualifications outlined below. Candidate will also have experience working with a team to help achieve business unit objectives.
- Accountable for the profitable management of a casualty book of business, including the underwriting of new and renewal accounts consistent with business unit appetite and underwriting guidelines.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with brokers and agents, and will be responsible for managing agency profitability.
- Marketing responsibilities for their assigned territories, including strategic growth initiatives.
- Possess strong understanding of policy language and coverage interpretation, contractual risk transfer analysis, loss analysis and underwriting compliance.
- Extensive collaboration across the organization with risk services, claim, actuarial, finance/accounting, and IT required.
- This position will be required to travel as needed to maintain strong relationships with agents and customers.
The successful candidate will join a growing team that is focused on the development and implementation of an environmental book of business for a new division of the W. R. Berkley Corporation. As a member of this team, you will play an integral part in supporting and assisting in the overall strategic direction of the underwriting platform, business development and marketing strategies for the unit's book of business. You will be required to develop, manage and retain a book of profitable business as well as assist with the development and implementation of products, processes, guidelines, and the underwriting audit process.
- Production and underwriting of new and renewal accounts.
- Development and management of business and broker/agent relationships.
- Ensure compliance with underwriting documentation rules and guidelines.
- Maintains an acceptable underwriting profit.
- Adherence to Berkley Specialty Excess underwriting guidelines and referral compliance.
- Participates in internal company training and continuing education.
- Remains current on new product opportunities as it pertains to market trends, appetite, and risk.
- Stays abreast and knowledgeable on market trends in terms of forms, coverage, and appetite to maintain competitiveness.
- Leverage skills and expertise outside of desk responsibilities, including participation in marketing/public speaking events.
- Provide support to the underwriting audit process.
- Support the drafting of policy language and coordinate with management to finalize wording.
- Act as a role model promoting the company brand and culture.
- Assist with special projects and tasks, as directed.
We are seeking data professional who will be a part of a team that’s building data and analytical tools and frameworks to exploit advantages from the latest developments in technology, data engineering, and data science. As a WRBC Principal Data Product Owner with a focus on the WRBC Claims data you’ll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation in the way we store, analyze and leverage claims data.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with and across business and technical teams to design, develop, test, and implement data and analytic solutions that enhance our understanding of WRBC claims through the application of predictive modeling, data engineering and data management.
- Product owner for the modern data platform claims subject area: Facilitate the refinement and execution of the roadmap and vision for information delivery and management; including the enterprise data platforms, BI & analytics, and data management, and data quality for the claims areas.
- Act as the product owner for data engineering effort to deliver claims data solutions that fulfill the Business information needs and align with the information vision and strategy
- Apply business strategy while driving technology strategy, balancing short term and long term needs to ensure that the architecture can scale and evolve according
- Engage an end-to-end approach by connecting all the pieces of data to deliver the data while leveraging all available assets
- Provide advice, guidance, direction to ensure the most complete and best quality claims data analytics environment to include, data definition development, data quality, source systems feedback and guidance by leveraging all available WRB capabilities and resources.
- Work with a team of subject matter experts, data scientists and data analysts to identify ways to transform operational processes, enhance data assets, and manage organizational change as we implement solutions that leverage data and analytics in new ways
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities.
- Work with corporate claims organization and data organization to deliver analytics and reporting to support the enterprise claims needs.
- Some travel may be required. (< 10%)
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- 15+ years of experience in applying data and analytics concepts to complex business problems, producing end to end solutions that drive measurable value
- 15+ years of experience working with data engineering to deliver data products that facilitate BI, analysis, and operational processes
- 15+ years of experience participating in structured problem-solving exercises (design thinking, business process mapping, customer centric design) with customer and partner stakeholders to identify pain points, develop strategies, and design solutions to business problems
- 5+ years of experience in delivering business analysis (BI) solutions in support of operational management (metrics definition, report development, report implementation, change management)
- 2+ years of experience working with market leading business intelligence reporting suites (Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire, Power BI)
- 2+ years of experience with Agile / Scrum delivery practices to help teams meet goals and drive change
- 2+ years working with subject matter experts, and technical teams to design, implement and support data management practices within a large or medium sized organization
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and diverse business landscape with distributed teams across the U.S. and internationally.
- Demonstrated ability to explain modeling strategies and concepts, outcomes, and trade-offs with customers and partners.
We are seeking data professional who will be a lead the data consumption function of the data train. The team is a collaboration from across the organization that is building data infrastructure and delivery frameworks to align with the major projects being delivered in the organization. As a Director of Data Delivery, you’ll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within our diverse portfolio of insurance companies in the US and internationally.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with and across business and technical teams to coordinate the delivery of reporting, data feeds and analytic solutions that align with WRBC Guidewire programs (Policy, Billing and Claims), our Helix Data Strategy which includes our Financial data system, and our cloud data strategy.
- Be the lead for our data consumption teams, working with business partners to align deliverables drive the highest value and common deliverables across operating units. Work with corporate functions to document the high value common needs. Drive the active work and backlog with the program management team of RTE and Scrum resources to provide a visibility into Program Increment deliverables, dependencies both internal and external, risk and issues and backlogs to provide unparalleled transparency into the data delivery at WRBC.
- Work with a team of subject matter experts identify ways to transform operational processes, enhance data assets, and manage organizational change as we implement solutions that leverage data and analytics to align with enterprise goals and delivery while still supporting local delivery around isolated capabilities.
- Partner with our data management resources to leverage and expose the value of platforms in the data management space such as data world. Champion the design, and implementation of data categorization, data validation, access and use.
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, and mentoring other members of the engineering community
- Collaborate with insurance product managers, and deliver robust solutions that help protect millions of businesses and workers through our diverse portfolio of insurance products.
- Some travel required. (approx. 25%)
The Data Analyst provides support within the Actuarial Department for data calls, regulatory filings and internal/external reporting. Responsibilities for this position include gathering business requirements, developing custom SQL queries, building spreadsheets and reports, reconciling data and participating in ad hoc requests and projects
- Assist with compiling, reconciling and analyzing data that support various Actuarial responsibilities.
- Gain extensive knowledge of source systems and available data.
- Collaborate with IT to understand and identify critical fields in data warehouses.
- Define and document business requirements for financial / statistical reporting.
- Develop and maintain data queries in SQL to transform relational data into reportable data for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting needs.
- Collaborate with Regulatory to complete required exhibits for regulatory filings.
- Assist in the analysis of data, including comparisons and reconciliations to General Ledger and Annual Statement data to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Improve and enhance existing reporting tools.
- Assist Management in developing new analytical reports.
- Identify beneficial external data sources.
- Develop effective working relationships with various departments through demonstrated knowledge, professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Perform other related duties as required.
The Data Engineer will be providing support for multiple operating units within WR Berkley on the Guidewire ClaimCenter platform. The position involves the ability to gather business requirements; the development of custom reports, databases, scripts, and queries; communication and interaction with both internal and external resources; strong support and understanding of Guidewire ClaimCenter initiatives including conversions, data modeling, and data fixes; understanding of the Guidewire ClaimCenter data model.
- Demonstrates the capability to resolve routine data problems within the Guidewire ClaimCenter system or process
- Ability to modify existing functionality or provide minor improvements with limited direction.
- Demonstrates solid development processes including code review, documentation, and unit testing.
- Demonstrates understanding of data processes and/or structures of the Guidewire ClaimCenter platform and ODS.
- Demonstrates understanding of data processes through integrations with Guidewire.
- Will be required to communicate and coordinate with multiple Operating Unit Claim’s team and with BTS IT teams.
- Assists in the development, maintenance, and oversight of various databases, software, and other tools.
- Provides support for claims analyses through data set up, interrogation, and observations.Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
As a Premium Audit Processor, you will process premium audit adjustments assigned, as outlined in the insurance contract, with minimal supervision.
We'll count on you to:
· Process and issue premium audits final statements including but not limited to Work Comp, General Liability, Commercial Auto, Stock, Garage Liability – Dealer and Non-Dealer, Business Owners Liability, and cancellations, using available data processing equipment
· Matches printed final audit to audit worksheets. Compares data in the final audit to information contained in the company policy processing and billing systems to ensure consistency. Enters data from final audit into PATS.
· Prepares final audit for distribution to the insured or agent and Imaging Department.
· Demonstrates ability to read and comprehend instructions provided for navigation and effective use of Genesys policy system, PATS audit subsystem, VA3i imaging system and BPM imaging system, FAB accounting system, external site rating bureaus and other system supported tools.
· Manages multiple tasks and meet established deadlines.
· Communicates and interface with other departments, insureds and agents in resolving audit related issues.
· Follows appropriate procedures around very large audit adjustments.
· Meet established production goals while maintaining high levels of quality. Manage work to meet established company service standards.
Berkley Aspire is seeking an Underwriting Support Supervisor. This role will be located on a hybrid schedule in our Glen Allen, VA office.
The Underwriting Support Supervisor will oversee the day to day operations of an Associate Underwriter Team and will manage service level objectives to ensure proper support is being provided to the Underwriting Team. The Underwriting support supervisor will assist the Underwriting Support Manager with the oversight, coaching and development of the Associate Underwriting Team to ensure that all work is processed within company established service standards and in compliance with company quality objectives.
- Supervise a team of Associate Underwriters.
- Monitor the day-to-day processing of a team of Associate Underwriters.
- Ensure all transactions are processed within company established service standards.
- Ensure all work processed by the Associate Underwriter team meets company productivity and quality objectives.
- Complete quality control reviews of staff on a quarterly basis.
- Evaluate, monitor and recommend improvements to current processes and workflows to gain efficiencies for underwriting support functions.
- Ensure documented procedures and training manuals/materials are kept up to date.
- Provide timely and regular feedback to the Associate Underwriter team on quality, quantity and other performance issues through formal and informal communication.
- Coach, train and mentor the Associate Underwriting team including training of new hires and ongoing/continuing education of existing staff.
- Respond to any escalated calls and/or e-mails.
- Recognize and acknowledge the skills of team members, help them understand their growth areas and build on their strengths.
- Provide back-up for Associate Underwriting team as necessary.
- Operate according to underwriting authority as delegated by manager.
As a Premium Auditor, you'll conduct premium audits via electronic methods and telephone conference with insureds. Examines and evaluates insured’s records to determine appropriate classifications and exposures on policyholder reports to determine accurate premiums. Manages workload to achieve timeliness and production goals while maintaining quality results.
We'll count on you to:
- Review information obtained through the admin process to ensure all records have been submitted and will request any additional information and records from insured to complete the audit.
- Schedules time with insured to review information and conduct audit via telephone/online conference.
- Complies with state regulations and company guidelines, and maintains working knowledge of all insurance manuals, premium audits manuals, and related material.
- Inputs a summary of audit information in Premium Audit Tracking System (PATS) for final Audit Transaction to determine premium adjustment.
- Refers highly complex issues and problems to Premium Audit Supervisor.
- Performs the audits on payroll based and composite exposures.
- Has a stronger understanding of ISO and NCCI rules to ensure proper classification and exposure development.
- Works across a larger span of geographical territory, understanding state specific rules and guidelines.
- Assists in the training of new Hub Audit staff and can be assigned as a mentor.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Senior Underwriter is part of the Management Liability underwriting segment for Berkley Select and supports the achievement of established departmental goals related to profitability, growth, and producer relations. The position requires analyzing and evaluating risk characteristics to determine potential business opportunities in accordance with guidelines and philosophy for Directors & Officers (D&O), Employment Practices and Fiduciary Liability insurance. The position also requires developing and maintaining assigned brokerage relationships.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage key and/or target broker relationships and expectations.
- Communicate underwriting decisions, requirements, and philosophies to brokerage community.
- Maintain producer / agency contact log in electronic databases.
- Assist in distributing business opportunities to underwriting team members to achieve efficient and effective underwriting (based on work flow, ability and priority).
- Provide final approval and guidance on risk analysis presented by members of the underwriting department in accordance with authority levels.
- Evaluate risk characteristics of submissions to determine business opportunities in accordance with guidelines and company philosophy.
- Price, design and recommend policy format for quoted submissions.
- Review underwriting documents for accuracy prior to their release to brokers and/or company clients.
- Discuss, analyze and interpret Berkley Select policy forms and coverage issues.
- Propose and/or develop policy endorsements to improve Berkley Select’s competitive advantage in the market.
- Provide research assistance in analyzing competitor forms.
- Discuss, analyze and interpret changes to competitor forms and underwriting appetites.
- Assist with training junior members of the underwriting and/or support staff on underwriting procedures.
- Provide assistance to management with training and education of the underwriting staff.
- Special projects as assigned.
The Underwriting Assistant is part of the Professional Liability underwriting segment for Berkley Select and supports the achievement of established departmental goals related to profitability, growth, and producer relations. The position will provide operational support to the Department including the processing of policies, endorsements, submissions and other client related correspondence for new and existing accounts in accordance with guidelines and philosophy for Lawyers Professional product.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicate underwriting actions, decisions, requirements, and philosophies to brokerage community.
- Communicate information needed and decisions made during solicitation process.
Underwriting Assistant Duties
- Provide assistance to the underwriting team by preparing and processing insurance applications, endorsements, and policy documents.
- Assist in conducting preliminary risk assessments and research to support underwriters in evaluating insurance applications.
- Maintain organized and up-to-date records of underwriting activities and documentation in the company's database.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders professionally and promptly, addressing inquiries and providing support when required.
- Collaborate with other teams, such as operations, finance and claims, to resolve policy-related issues and ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Stay informed about industry regulations and underwriting guidelines, ensuring compliance in all support activities.
- Assist in monitoring policy renewals and coordinate the renewal process with underwriters and agents.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives, suggesting ideas to enhance efficiency and accuracy in underwriting support operations.
- Provide certified copies of policy documents as requested by claims handlers.
- Review underwriting documents for accuracy prior to their release to brokers and/or company clients.
- Discuss, analyze and interpret Berkley Select policy forms and coverages.
- Special projects as assigned.
The Senior Loss Control Representative will assist in the acquisition and retention of profitable business by identifying and evaluating hazards and controls for new and existing accounts reduce and control potential losses.
Key functions include:
- Conducts surveys and services accounts by identifying and evaluating hazards and controls pertaining to all lines of coverage.
- Services existing accounts according to mutually agreed upon plans developed for each account.
- Submits recommendations to improve conditions which will mitigate or control the hazards identified and follows-up on recommendations.
- Assists accounts on potential exposures and promotes the value of Loss Control and sound safety program in the acquisition and retention of profitable business.
- Appraises properties to determine replacement costs for fire insurance coverage.
- Monitors own workload to ensure timely service and meet deadlines.
- Participates in agency visits and staff meetings as needed.
- Provides technical assistance to the claim department on losses.
- Provides loss control services for all departments and assists other departments in their efforts to write and retain profitable business.
- Coordinates the collection and dissemination of material related to specialized technical areas assigned.
- Participates in training and self-development and may mentor/train others within the department.
- Meets or exceeds Department Standards for production, quality and timeliness of survey work.
- Keeps abreast of industry news and developments.
- Exhibits proficiency in all types of surveys for all lines and programs.
*This is an in office role based in Manassas, VA*
The HR Manager works with the VP of Human Resources to align and support the execution of the company’s talent strategy and ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations. You will work closely with team leads and individual contributors to consult, provide advice and guidance as it relates to talent-related activities including but not limited to: recruitment and selection, staff retention, performance management, talent development, compensation planning and employee relations.
The HR Manager fulfills the primary responsibilities of the role by executing the following duties and tasks:
- Works closely with VP of Human Resources to understand and execute the company’s HR and talent strategy as it relates to talent acquisition, retention, training and development, performance management and succession planning.
- Coaches and provides guidance to Team Leads through actions related to formal disciplinary procedures and jointly determines appropriate course of actions; reviews and provides suggestions for performance improvement plans; and ensures legal compliance with the guidance of the VP of Human Resources and/or legal counsel when necessary.
- Confers with leaders to identify staffing needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, skills and competencies and maintains company’s library of job descriptions and interview guides.
- Participates in and assists with employee disciplinary meetings and terminations.
- Partners with recruiting team and manages the talent acquisition process for various positions, including interviewing and consulting with managers on hiring decisions.
- Partners with hiring managers to ensure proper company and department onboarding tasks are completed.
- Partners with hiring managers to ensure the required timely completion of new hire I-9 forms, including identifying alternative sources to complete new hire document inspection for remote employees; and completes I-9 verifications and re-verifications in HireRight portal as required.
- Assists in creating and facilitates management and employee training and development sessions.
- May lead or participate in special and/or cross-functional project teams related to Company strategic initiatives as assigned by VP of Human Resources.
- Assists VP of Human Resources in the administration and communication of ADA process as needed.
- Assists VP of Human Resources in resolution of employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints and consults with legal counsel when necessary.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes and new technologies in human resources, talent management and employment law.
- Works with VP of Human Resources to ensure company maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices.
- Reviews exit interviews to analyze reasons for separation and to identify trends.
- Assists employees with developing personal strategies or action plans related to the workplace, including career development, performance improvement, peer or manager conflict, professional communication, etc.
- Assists with administration of initial and ongoing visa and immigration requirements as needed.
- Manages and ensures the integrity of employee data and payroll data for job and salary changes in company’s HRIS system, including processing terminations.
- Assists with office access security and maintenance activities.