Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
Berkley One, a Berkley company that caters to affluent Personal Lines insurance clients, is rapidly expanding and seeking a Multi-line Claims Adjuster who will be responsible for quality and timely handling and resolution of moderately complex claims in a professional manner. This role will be situated in our Wilmington, DE office.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Handle first and third party personal lines homeowners liability, auto bodily injury, first party medical/PIP and auto physical damage claims of moderate complexity as assigned
- Appropriately manage claims through coverage analysis, investigation, reserving and resolution
- Identify and address coverage issues, complete investigation to determine cause & exposure, set timely reserves and develop detailed action plans
- Negotiate and convey claim settlements within authority limits
- Establish validity of claims submitted for payment through coverage research and contact with policyholders, claimants and outside parties
- Research and locate additional information and documentation to investigate, evaluate and properly resolve claims
- Write denial letters, Reservation of Rights and other correspondence
- Maintain an effective diary system and document claim file activities in accordance with established procedures
- Pro-actively manage file inventory to ensure timely resolution of cases
- Deliver exceptional customer service to meet the needs of the insured, agent and all internal and external customers
- Perform administrative functions such as expense accounts and time off reporting as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Berkley One, a Berkley company that caters to affluent Personal Lines insurance clients, is rapidly expanding and adding to the Solutions Specialist team in our Wilmington, DE office. This role’s primary objective is to deliver all that is great about Berkley One and to help our agents place business with us. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Customer Policy Support: deliver a personalized, effortless experience for our customers via phone, email or chat. Handle customer transactions smoothly, accurately and first time final. Be an advocate for the Company during first notice of loss interactions by displaying empathy and ensuring the situation is properly handled.
- Agency Policy Support: act as primary point of contact for agents to get their Berkley One questions resolved. Process individual policy work submitted by the agents via phone, email or chat. Answer policy inquiry questions and assist the agency with handling servicing needs. Assist agents with finishing their quotes and converting them into policies. Combine your sales and system savvy to drive profitable growth for the organization.
- Agent Technical Support: help agents with access, passwords, and myriad of other tasks. Remote into their computers to show them how to work in the system in real time. Provide “in the moment” training on the Customer Portal and Customer Mobile App so the agent is empowered to share with customers.
- Agent onboarding: enroll new agents/staff into our system, handle contracts, track agency license numbers and other licensing information, issue paperwork.
- Agent training: primarily responsible to deliver system training by hosting webcasts and offering live support to agents navigating the system to quote, endorse and manage their business. Systems include the PAS, billing, claims and agent portal, eSignature, IVANS download and other ancillary systems.