Click column header to sort
Berkley One, a Berkley company that caters to affluent Personal Lines insurance clients, is rapidly expanding and adding to the Solutions Specialist team in our Wilmington, DE office. This role’s primary objective is to deliver all that is great about Berkley One and to help our agents place business with us. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Customer Policy Support: deliver a personalized, effortless experience for our customers via phone, email or chat. Handle customer transactions smoothly, accurately and first time final. Be an advocate for the Company during first notice of loss interactions by displaying empathy and ensuring the situation is properly handled.
- Agency Policy Support: act as primary point of contact for agents to get their Berkley One questions resolved. Process individual policy work submitted by the agents via phone, email or chat. Answer policy inquiry questions and assist the agency with handling servicing needs. Assist agents with finishing their quotes and converting them into policies. Combine your sales and system savvy to drive profitable growth for the organization.
- Agent Technical Support: help agents with access, passwords, and myriad of other tasks. Remote into their computers to show them how to work in the system in real time. Provide “in the moment” training on the Customer Portal and Customer Mobile App so the agent is empowered to share with customers.
- Agent onboarding: enroll new agents/staff into our system, handle contracts, track agency license numbers and other licensing information, issue paperwork.
- Agent training: primarily responsible to deliver system training by hosting webcasts and offering live support to agents navigating the system to quote, endorse and manage their business. Systems include the PAS, billing, claims and agent portal, eSignature, IVANS download and other ancillary systems.
This role will be responsible for transactional underwriting and functions associated with underwriting risks on behalf of Berkley One.
- Review and approve new business, endorsements and renewals that fall within underwriting authority and company guidelines. Refer risks that fall outside authority or guidelines.
- Review risk management reports to identify and recommend risk management solutions and requirements.
- Provide pro-active quote coaching for agents on new business submissions; align and convert referred accounts to new business.
- Recommend service and risk management solutions at new line and other points of the underwriting transaction with agent/broker.
- Manage book of business as it grows ensuring high quality and profitability of business.
- Anticipate insured and agent needs and find service solutions.
- Collaborate with Distribution, Marketing and Customer Service colleagues to ensure alignment and a consistent customer experience.
This role will be dedicated to helping our high net worth clientele reduce their exposure to loss. By working collaboratively with our agency partners and internal stakeholders, the Risk Management Consultant will develop customized loss prevention strategies for our clients and help ensure their assets are covered by the most appropriate levels of insurance.
The ideal candidate will have Personal Lines risk management experience in the high net worth space.
- Perform detailed surveys of client properties for the purpose of identifying underwriting concerns, potential hazards and most likely causes of loss, developing risk mitigation strategies, facilitating solutions to these concerns, determining appropriate levels of insurance to value and when appropriate, identify account rounding opportunities for our agency partners.
- While relying on past experience and knowledge, demonstrate expertise in managing exposures cause by water damage, homes under construction, personal safety and security, natural disasters and other perils typical to the territory and clientele.
- Clearly communicate to clients, agency partners and internal stakeholders one’s findings and determinations and work to develop a plan to mitigate risk in a manner consistent with Berkley One’s philosophy.
- Perform other duties intended to develop relationships with agency partners. Support Berkley One’s growth in assigned territory by articulating our value proposition and services compared to the competition.
This role, a key contributor to the Berkley One brand, requires proven claim technical, organizational and time management skills, self-direction, leadership and the ability to provide exceptional quality customer service. The Property General Adjuster is responsible for quality handling and resolution of property claims including complex, high exposure claims in a timely, professional manner with emphasis on providing quality service. The ideal candidate will have experience in handling all manner and size of property claims.
In support of the Berkley One brand of exceptional customer service:
- Appropriately manage assigned first party claims through coverage analysis, on site investigation, reserving and resolution.
- Identify and address coverage issues, complete investigation to determine cause & exposure, set timely reserves and develop detailed action plans.
- Write fair and equitable estimates in a software program.
- Negotiate and convey claim settlements within authority limits.
- Establish validity of claims submitted for payment through investigation, research and contact with policyholders, claimants and outside parties for additional information and documentation to evaluate and properly resolve claims.
- Write denial letters, Reservation of Rights and other correspondence.
- Maintain an effective diary system and document claim file activities in accordance with established procedures.
- Pro-actively manage file inventory to ensure timely resolution of cases.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to meet the needs of the insured, agent and all internal and external customers.
- Perform administrative functions such as expense accounts and time off reporting as required.
- Manage Independent Adjusters and experts on select claims.
- Assist with the training of other internal and external adjusters on Berkley One best practices.
- Travel to other states for large losses or catastrophe duty.
- Establish relationships within the broker community to promote our brand.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Berkley One, a Berkley company, is hiring an Agency Experience Manager to support the development of various marketing, branding and sales programs. This job will support growth in our Central region. Candidate can reside in IL, IN, MN, MI, or OH.
This role, an important individual contributor to the Berkley One brand, will be responsible for driving successful, productive relationships and growth with our agency partners and other networking partners. The ideal candidate will have experience contributing to successful marketing strategy and delivery.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a background in insurance and developing relationships with agencies. They will have spent time in underwriting or similar role and are now looking to take on more responsibility in a field facing position with a top tier insurance carrier.
What you will do
In collaboration with and at the direction of the Vice President Agency Experience Manager and Senior Vice President of Marketing & Distribution:
- Execute agency management strategies, including distribution management activities, in order to meet or exceed growth and profit targets by state and by agent/broker.
- In assigned geography, identify and appoint new agent/broker partners who will positively contribute to the growth of Berkley One.
- Lead agency business planning, including new business, retention, hit ratio, profit, efficiency and other targets.
- Execute activities and projects relative to business development, lead generation, networking and events, campaign management and brand building.
- Travel throughout the Central Region (which could include IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, TN & WI) is required (40%).
In collaboration with inside sales:
- Provide quote coaching and other new business assistance to agency partners.
- Track agency partner financial performance and pro-actively adjust strategies and tactics to leverage opportunities, revenue generation and the establishment of the Berkley One brand.
- Build successful connections between agency partners and relevant Berkley One functions in order to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Contribute to build of distribution capabilities in support of Berkley One’s business strategies and goals.