Click column header to sort
Responsible for completing rate reviews and actuarial indications, completing regular estimates of adequate loss and expense reserves, participating in the company’s planning processes, and providing tools and analysis in support of pricing personal lines products. The Actuarial Analyst will work on pricing for new products and new geographies.
- Adapts and develops rating methodologies for both existing and new company products using advanced techniques to incorporate new variables, etc., in pursuit of a competitive advantage and creation of economic profit opportunities.
- Performs competitor data and pricing reviews.
- Identifies, retrieves, and prepares data in support of actuarial analysis through SQL, R, and other data sources. Includes internal data (exposure, premium, loss, claims, price, etc.) and various forms of external data.
- Ensures the accuracy and suitability of data for the business need at hand. Reviews data, performs preliminary analysis and interprets data through Excel or other analytics platforms and presents recommendations.
- Works on state reviews and roll-out of new states, reviewing competitor data, performing actuarial analysis of the data and creating filings.
- Works on the actuarial component of the company’s planning processes (Loss and LAE ratios).
- Identifies segments with profitable growth potential; identifies underperforming segments and proposes corrective actions to improve profitability.
- Participates in enterprise risk management initiatives, including support for catastrophe management. Provides innovation and leadership when applicable.
- Helps build and develop profitability monitoring reports. Responsible for maintaining monthly / quarterly updates.
- Occasional overnight travel.
This role, a key contributor to the Berkley One brand, requires proven claim technical, organizational and time management skills, self-direction, leadership and the ability to provide exceptional quality customer service. The Property General Adjuster is responsible for quality handling and resolution of property claims including complex, high exposure claims in a timely, professional manner with emphasis on providing quality service. The ideal candidate will have experience in handling all manner and size of property claims.
In support of the Berkley One brand of exceptional customer service:
- Appropriately manage assigned first party claims through coverage analysis, on site investigation, reserving and resolution.
- Identify and address coverage issues, complete investigation to determine cause & exposure, set timely reserves and develop detailed action plans.
- Write fair and equitable estimates in a software program.
- Negotiate and convey claim settlements within authority limits.
- Establish validity of claims submitted for payment through investigation, research and contact with policyholders, claimants and outside parties for additional information and documentation to evaluate and properly resolve claims.
- Write denial letters, Reservation of Rights and other correspondence.
- Maintain an effective diary system and document claim file activities in accordance with established procedures.
- Pro-actively manage file inventory to ensure timely resolution of cases.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to meet the needs of the insured, agent and all internal and external customers.
- Perform administrative functions such as expense accounts and time off reporting as required.
- Manage Independent Adjusters and experts on select claims.
- Assist with the training of other internal and external adjusters on Berkley One best practices.
- Travel to other states for large losses or catastrophe duty.
- Establish relationships within the broker community to promote our brand.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsible for supporting the expansion and management of our products.
- Assist the Product Management team in the development, implementation and management of product and state strategies that facilitate growth and profitability.
- Provide guidance on business requirements for rating and user experience; assist with user acceptance testing.
- Research, analyze and interpret internal data, competitor results, market trends and regulations; assist with the preparation and communication of findings.
- Assist with the design and delivery of internal workflows and training and in developing external communication documents.
- Establish effective working relationships and engage with colleagues across the organization; review and respond to rating and coverage questions.
- Prepare various ad-hoc reports and manage other projects and assignments as needed.
Berkley One, a Berkley company that caters to affluent Personal Lines insurance clients, is rapidly expanding and adding to the Solutions Specialist team in our Wilmington, DE office. This role’s primary objective is to deliver all that is great about Berkley One and to help our agents place business with us. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Customer Policy Support: deliver a personalized, effortless experience for our customers via phone, email or chat. Handle customer transactions smoothly, accurately and first time final. Be an advocate for the Company during first notice of loss interactions by displaying empathy and ensuring the situation is properly handled.
- Agency Policy Support: act as primary point of contact for agents to get their Berkley One questions resolved. Process individual policy work submitted by the agents via phone, email or chat. Answer policy inquiry questions and assist the agency with handling servicing needs. Assist agents with finishing their quotes and converting them into policies. Combine your sales and system savvy to drive profitable growth for the organization.
- Agent Technical Support: help agents with access, passwords, and myriad of other tasks. Remote into their computers to show them how to work in the system in real time. Provide “in the moment” training on the Customer Portal and Customer Mobile App so the agent is empowered to share with customers.
- Agent onboarding: enroll new agents/staff into our system, handle contracts, track agency license numbers and other licensing information, issue paperwork.
- Agent training: primarily responsible to deliver system training by hosting webcasts and offering live support to agents navigating the system to quote, endorse and manage their business. Systems include the PAS, billing, claims and agent portal, eSignature, IVANS download and other ancillary systems.
Berkley One is hiring a Berkley One Distribution Support Service Specialist in our Chicago, IL office.
This role’s primary objective is to deliver all that is great about Berkley One and to help our agents place and maintain business with us. Ideal candidates will have experience working as support of a successful customer solutions team that delivers world class service across multiple channels and are energized about helping others drive market growth within an organization.
In collaboration with and at the direction of the Vice President, Distribution Operations and Senior Vice President of Marketing & Distribution:
- Standardize distribution management activities of the Producer Lifecycle for all three segments, High Net Worth, Classics and Rec Marine.
- Help support new agency onboarding.
- Create and distribute all new Agency Contracts to all new agencies via e-signature and advising the Distribution team of the progress and completion.
- Ensuring the Enrollment Packet is delivered to our new agency partners and required information is received back and is accurately input into Salesforce.
- Develop workflow for entering all new staff (of an existing Agent) into Salesforce.
- Create process to ensure the accurate and current agency/producer licensing is compliant in our system (Salesforce).
- Responsible for the Appointment process in Sircon for Agents and Producers as directed by the State legal requirements.
- Execute activities and projects relative to mass agent communication. This could include but is not limited to,
- Delivery of the Schedule E via e-signature.
- Following up on mass communication in which we need a rsvp.
- Assisting with Distribution events.
- Assisting the VP of Distribution and the Agency Experience Managers with processes that cross all of our Producers and various functional area (Boss Team, Underwriting, Claims etc. ) within Berkley One.
- BOR/COP process
- Agency Termination
- Organizing and Understanding of Agency codes
- Agency Termination
- Ownership of Distribution special projects as directed by the VP of Distribution.
Berkley One, a Berkley company, is hiring an Agency Experience Manager to support the development of various marketing, branding and sales programs. This job will support growth in New York City and Long Island.
This role, an important individual contributor to the Berkley One brand, will be responsible for driving successful, productive relationships and growth with our agency partners and other networking partners. The ideal candidate will have experience contributing to successful marketing strategy and delivery.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a background in insurance and developing relationships with agencies. Experience working in an agency, underwriting or similar role, and are now looking to take on more responsibility in a field facing position with a top tier insurance carrier.
What you will do
In collaboration with and at the direction of the Vice President Agency Experience Manager and Senior Vice President of Marketing & Distribution:
- Execute agency management strategies, including distribution management activities, in order to meet or exceed growth and profit targets by state and by agent/broker.
- In assigned geography, identify and appoint new agent/broker partners who will positively contribute to the growth of Berkley One, as well as manage out non-performing agents.
- Lead agency business planning, including new business, retention, hit ratio, profit, efficiency and other targets.
- Execute activities and projects relative to business development, lead generation, networking and events, campaign management and brand building.
- Travel throughout the assigned territory in NYC / Long Island is required (40%).
In collaboration with inside sales:
- Provide quote coaching and other new business assistance to agency partners.
- Track agency partner financial performance and pro-actively adjust strategies and tactics to leverage opportunities, revenue generation and the establishment of the Berkley One brand.
- Build successful connections between agency partners and relevant Berkley One functions in order to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Contribute to build of distribution capabilities in support of Berkley One’s business strategies and goals.
Contribute to the expansion of our core products into new states, the development of new products and the introduction of product changes.
Under minimum to no supervision:
- Support the product development life cycle from forms drafting, to filing and responding to objections, through implementation and post launch review.
- Utilize resources effectively to draft policy forms (i.e. coverage forms, policyholder notices, selection forms, etc.) ensuring they meet desired intent, regulatory requirements, and customer needs and expectations.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organization to ensure alignment across forms, rates, rules and the system
- Prepare form filing documents and checklists.
- Maintain documentation related to Berkley One’s products including forms lists, reference materials, legal workbooks and other documents.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for form related questions providing guidance to business analysts, developers, etc. and participating in forms testing.
- Engage colleagues in coverage review discussions, working with the team to introduce coverage form changes that result.
- Other work and projects as assigned.
This position provides support for payment processing, and manage and monitor customer receivable performance.
- Day to day processing of billing reports and financial handling, including but not limited to: applying lockbox payments, manual payment application and scanning, generating refunds, reviewing and applying suspended cash, investigating failed payment transactions, etc.
- Foundational support of in the moment billing needs and inquiries from internal business partners or external agents/clients.
- Collaborate with service and finance teams to recommend updates and process optimizations to increase quality and efficiency.
- Special projects as needed.
- Ability to work in various systems and analyze and research data and transactional based processing.
This position is responsible for building and managing a function and team that is responsible for all customer billing and other related transactions and reporting.
- Build billing function that delivers on our commitment to exceptional customer service.
- Review and optimize current billing processes and application. Build new workflows and processes related to billing and receivables in support of the broader organization.
- Participate in moderate to complex billing research and resolution in collaboration with Service, Finance, and/or IT
Act as first level support of billing escalations and special handling.
- Partner with Finance and IT to review end to end billing processing and provide new ideas and guidance on ways to improve client experience and handling efficiencies.
- Coach and provide feedback to billing specialists and service team members on billing related interactions with agents/clients. Train where needed.
- Engage in special projects in support of overall credit function.
- Manage Billing Specialist.
Berkley One, a Berkley company, is hiring for the position of Recreational Marine Underwriter. The position reports to the Recreational Marine Product/Underwriting Manager.
This role will be responsible for transactional underwriting and functions associated with underwriting risks on behalf of Berkley One.
- Review and approve new business, endorsements and renewals that fall within underwriting authority and company guidelines. Refer risks that fall outside authority or guidelines.
- Review risk management reports to identify and recommend risk management solutions and requirements.
- Provide pro-active quote coaching for agents on new business submissions; align and convert referred accounts to new business.
- Recommend service and risk management solutions at new line and other points of the underwriting transaction with agent/broker.
- Manage book of business as it grows ensuring high quality and profitability of business.
- Anticipate insured and agent needs and find service solutions.
- Collaborate with Distribution, Marketing and Customer Service colleagues to ensure alignment and a consistent customer experience.