This position will play a key role in success of business critical projects by defining overall solution architecture focusing on Security, Integration, Data and Non-functional domains of solution architecture. This role may have responsibilities for multiple programs or projects at the same time. Most project resources are responsible for a single system with regard to things like re-usability, risk reduction, and simplicity. This role is responsible for representing these same types of interests with the overall solution in mind while balancing against the delivery timelines and budget. This role will also take on the responsibility of Berkley’s shared application authentication and single sign on platform based on ADFS framework. Platform also contains some home grown complimentary .Net components. This role will be maintain and socialize the long term roadmap, provide long term strategy as well as some production and hands on development support as needed.
- Defines the optimal usage of technology and system capabilities across multiple systems to optimize a business or technical process.
- Defines system interface specifications to optimize the reusability, supportability, and performance of technology solutions.
- Demonstrates and understanding of the organizational model system support and considers it in system design decisions.
- Demonstrates a mastery of a broad technology landscape that spans the application, middleware, and infrastructure levels.
- Ensure high-performing and scalable solutions by proactively monitoring and assessing various performance metrics both pre and post-implementation.
- Partner with the various subsidiaries to create a vision for future advancement of our applications.
- Maintain the Berkley identity platform roadmap and provide production and development support as needed.
- Travel for this position is approximately 10-25%.
This position will serve as a technology underwriting specialist in an assigned region delivering profitable growth and excellent community, employee, and customer relations. Our ideal candidate will have commercial technology or commercial middle market experience.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for generating profit, growth and retention results within assigned territory
- Lead business initiatives for territory which include generating business opportunities, pricing, premium retention, coverage analysis, loss control needs, claim service needs and account stewardship
- Manage underwriting staff within territory
- Mentor underwriting support staff and operations staff
- Establish business plans on an annual basis for assigned territory
- Product training for underwriting staff
- Follow established pricing, underwriting and documentation protocol as set forth by underwriting management
- Agency management including planning and driving results
- Target new producer partner agencies within assigned territory
- Lead sales and marketing efforts within assigned territory
- Product training for producers
- Occasional overnight travel
- May perform other functions as assigned.