Click column header to sort
Become a member of Acadia’s New York branch and have a direct impact on new market expansion and customer service for our current clients throughout New York. In the Loss Control Representative role, you’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute and the excitement of building relationships with our agents and insureds. You will provide detailed risk assessments for prospective commercial accounts and loss control service delivery to our policyholders.
Become a member of Acadia's New York branch and have a direct impact on new market expansion and customer service for our current clients throughout New York. In the Loss Control Representative role, you'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute and the excitement of building relationships with agents and insureds. You will provide detailed risk assessments for prospective commercial accounts and loss control service delivery to policyholders.
Under limited supervision, reviews, evaluates, negotiates and processes WC Claims of serious to significant complexity, makes recommendations for resolution, and litigation management as appropriate. Has contact with agents, policy holders, defense and applicant attorneys. This position will be working in the Sports Division of the Claims Department. The position is located in either our Irving, TX office or California, depending on residence of the employee.
- Responsible for the day to day management of serious to complex workers compensation claims.
- Conduct initial investigation to confirm coverage is in place for the loss and that the loss itself is compensable per California specific requirements, make quality, prompt contacts with employer, claimant, doctor and any witnesses, document and confirm initial diagnosis and prognosis.
- Ensure that the claim is adequately reserved, review and pay medical bills and expense bills timely and accurately, recognize and evaluate each case for subrogation potential, recognize potential fraud cases, document return to work and light duty efforts, accurately calculate, code and issue indemnity payments, promptly and accurately complete required internal Large Loss reports.
- Proactively manage all litigated claims by clearly documenting the litigation plan and budget, retaining competent counsel, communicating with counsel on a regular basis and clearly documenting the litigation action plan and strategy.
- Participate in claim reviews, which may require some travel.
This leadership role provides clear direction and support to the regional underwriting team in order to achieve stated financial objectives. The Vice President, Regional Underwriting will also contribute to business planning, forecasting, expense management, and provide leadership in insurance industry affairs. In addition to achieving defined financial objectives, the expectation is to support the objectives of all other disciplines at Berkley Industrial Comp, exhibiting a collaborative and team-oriented approach.
- Supports, coaches and motivates regional underwriting staff to achieve personal development goals.
- Ensures effective underwriting discipline to achieve planned financial objectives.
- Collaborates with all AMIG departments to achieve organization-wide goals.
- Maintains technical underwriting resources and controls that support professional underwriting performance
- Exhibits professional behavior at all times while representing or being identified as an associate of American Mining Insurance Group.
- Demonstrates tact and discretion in all communications and provide a positive contribution to the morale of the department.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with staff, clients, providers, and other departments of American Mining.
- The role will involve limited overnight travel (approximately 20%) to meet with field staff in PA, IA, KY and NC.
Berkley One, a W. R. Berkley company, is hiring a Senior Accountant. We are seeking candidates for either our Stamford, CT or New York City location. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in financial reporting and financial planning & analysis in the P&C insurance industry.
Berkley One exists to insure and protect the lifestyles of a modern generation of affluence. We seek clients that are sophisticated individuals and families who require world-class risk and claims management customized to their needs, a team of select expert independent agents and innovative digital tools to keep it simple and easy. We’ll blend our partners, products and capabilities with all that is Berkley, generating a modern solution for the customers we serve.
About the job
Our culture is one of innovation, creativity and teamwork. Our team is highly motivated, passionate about our business, and deeply experienced in developing and delivering product and service solutions in the personal insurance marketplace.
This position will be responsible for partnering with the Berkley One Controller and President to establish and maintain all core financial management practices within the business with a focus on developing and maintaining core processes related to financial reporting, financial analysis, strategic planning, and decision support. In addition, this role will play a key part in monitoring the overall business and providing insight to ensure overall financial objectives are achieved.
What you will do
- Create and maintain:
- reporting and analysis used to support the financial close processes and evaluate results of the business
- overall monitoring processes of the business, ensuring all reporting and analysis needs are completed in a timely manner and leveraged by leadership to monitor results and outlook
- workflows and processes needed to build out a comprehensive financial management system, including providing support during testing of financial data and establishing ongoing repeatable processes to ensure accuracy of financial reports
- tools to streamline all processes related to reporting, accounting and expense management
- Collaborate across the organization providing financial analysis and to support various business decisions
- Investigate potential financial reporting issues, create reconciliations and ensure execution of corrective actions
- Ensure that transactions are reported in accordance with GAAP and statutory accounting guidance
- Manage and process ceded accounting responsibilities including reconciling reinsurance balances from sub ledger to ledger as well as the preparation of Schedule F
The Senior Information Security Architect position is responsible for the overall Information Security Program implementation within the organization including all information security verticals as well as regulatory compliance. Responsibilities include coordinating, tracking and reporting on the implementation of program components and alignment to regulatory requirements. Additional duties include development of meeting materials for executive governance committee meetings, technology team meetings, security architecture and strategy in all corporate domains. This person will lead the development of the requisite governance committees to run information security including technology governance as well as architecture governance.
The leader will work jointly across the enterprise with Legal, Technology, Human Resources, Audit and others in the development and management of the Information Security Program through:
•Lead contributor to the Security Architecture organization – will mentor, coach and develop others
•Applies advanced principles, theories, and concepts. May be regarded as 'in-house' expert on specific technologies. Conducts projects requiring additional specialized knowledge. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
•Acts as prime consultant on large projects that affect the organizations long-term goals and objectives.
•Deliver the implementation, setup, and management of various cyber security programs and initiatives
•Become a trusted advisor in cyber security decisions within our enterprise and business units globally.
•Provide a solutions-driven, customer-centric approach to our clients’ data-security challenges
•Emulate a professional and humble demeanor when working with various stakeholders, including clients’ IT and management departments
•Daily eagerness to “roll-up your sleeves” and achieve results in various cyber security initiatives at WRBC
•Coordinate with the project management team to ensure the beginning-to-end completion of objectives
•Effectively create technical documentation to ensure efficient communication with PMO
•Use subject matter expertise in DLP and other security areas to add value to our customers’ experience
•Tracking and status reporting at program level
•Interacting with other IT teams to coordinate project and program tasks
•Governance design, governance routines with executives, IT teams, regulatory project teams
•Assistance in developing operational models for the Security verticals
•Ensure the ongoing integration of information security with business strategies and requirements.
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full-time Regional Sales Manager to develop profitable business initiatives in an assigned territory by devising detailed, focused sales plan to identify target markets needed to hit sales goals, directing distribution of Group Captive products in assigned region and any unassigned states through network of preferred producers, and creating new distribution outlets and facilitating marketing efforts to utilize alternative distribution methods; i.e. cross marketing through the Berkley family of companies, email blasts and newsletters, and attending industry events and seminars.
Regional Sales Manager essential duties include:
- Develop group captive program opportunities through credentialed broker partners
- Generate and facilitate pre-qualified submissions for all established programs through credentialed broker partrners
- Provide regular feedback to Home Office on successes and failures in the program and partner development process to allow for adjustments and improve close ratio
- Provide monthly updates on pipeline, current, and future activity
- Continue to expand product education and develop cross-selling opportunities within territory
- Be a proactive listener with customers by identifying needs and collaborating with Home Office to derive innovative solutions
Under the direction the Field Underwriting Territory Manager the Life Sciences Production Underwriter is responsible for the new business marketing and production, renewal underwriting and service of business for an assigned group of producers.
· Build strong relationships with brokers to ensure you meet or exceed financial goals including growth, profit, retention, and new business.
· Responsible for account solicitation, risk selection and analysis including the corresponding documentation, pricing and marketing of Berkley Life Sciences products and services for new and existing customers.
· Business development results for assigned territories
· Identify opportunities for account rounding.
· Provide technical support to producers and insureds
· Stay current with all compliance, procedural and workflow changes.
· Work collaboratively and effectively with, underwriting associate, operations, legal, home office underwriting and claims
Stop Loss Account Manager Job Summary:
- Provide account support to customers, brokers and program sponsors for their captive program.
- Handle and manage day to day activity with stop loss accounts in assigned captive programs.
Stop Loss Account Manager Essential duties include:
- Preparation of EmCap Illustrations on an as needed basis.
- Manage all aspects of stop loss account activity post sale (new business and renewal) for an account including collection of outstanding requirements for policy issurance
- Schedule and conduct onboarding calls, when necessary to ensure a positive initial customer experience
- Establish account files through onboarding process, including contact information, EOR and reimbursement set up, updating the EmCap database, initiating reporting with TPAs, setting up commissions and assignment of account manager in DY (Sales Administrator)
- Initiate the collection of necessary data for underwriter to perform renewal underwriting, when requested.
- Client Service contact for management and oversight on employer client stop loss activity including claims payment inquiries, premium submissions, commissions and overrides. Identify and resolve any issues that come up in these areas.
- Review A/R reporting monthly, pursue any overdue premiums and work with Premium Collection team to ensure that all shortfalls or overpayments are resolved satisfactorily. When necessary, prepare reconciliations to resolve discrepancies in premium payments.
- Upon request, prepare Schedule A – Form 5500 requests for information.
- Review commission payment summaries monthly for accuracy and take any remediation on a timely basis to ensure that incorrect payments are minimized.
As a Business Translator Design Lead for Berkley Small Business, you will play an integral part in changing the way commercial insurance is delivered. The role will allow you to apply cutting-edge technology and work with sophisticated vendors to help solve a variety of business problems. Your contributions could be add value immediately as you join a team committed to implementing the best technology to our customers. This creates an environment where technology will be quickly implemented and have a real impact on the business. The role will provide exposure to a wide range of commercial insurance products and platforms.
- Work side by side with our vendor partners to lead the business requirements and implementation to design a market leading and data driven agency experience to allow our agents to quickly quote, book, and issue Small Commercial policies
- Create workflows for all future portal consumers including agents, regional companies, and SBS employees
- Serve as the translator of the insurance industry to our vendor partners, to ensure the portal meets all scenarios to ensure an exceptional customer experience
- Business ownership of the platform including requirements capturing, design, testing, workflow, and implementation to the regional organizations
- Serve as the business lead in all phases of development including implementation into the Regional companies
- Drive the creation of a business testing strategy and plan with input from IT and product teams
- Establish best practices to capture requirement to support building in a fast passed environment
- Be agile and open minded in the development approach and challenge solutions to create the most innovative technology driven outcome
- Clearly communicate status and progress to senior leaders
The Information Security Architect is responsible for coordinating and consulting on the day to day management and execution of the Information Security program. Through effective governance routines, project and program execution tracking, this leader will support all Information Security verticals in their efforts to improve and mature the security posture of the firm.
As a Security Architect, this individual will also participate in the organization's evaluation of emerging technologies in Cyber Security space. More specifically, this role will require that the successful candidate can evaluate the potential cyber security opportunity for an emerging technology, understand the applicability to our corporate and operating units, build compelling business cases, and communicate these concepts across leadership. The Security Strategist will be responsible for working with the team and our various partners to establish and communicate points of view, while working with the business leadership to evaluate investments, staffing, target markets, and ROI expectations for areas of emerging technology that are recommended for pursuit. The successful candidate should be accomplished in building business cases, including financial projections that clearly articulate the mission and anticipated goals of any particular investment strategy.
This leader will assist the Head of Security Architecture in the continuous development and documentation of the Information Security program while keeping up to date on industry best practices, upcoming regulatory requirements, and emerging technologies to help ensure that WRBC can take a proactive approach to information security.
This position provides support for various member companies of Berkley Shared Services. The position involves rate indications across multiple lines of business and specialty business statements; gathering business requirements, development of custom spreadsheets, databases, and reports; communication and interaction with both internal and external resources; work with teams creating predictive models; rate filing support including rate indications for DOIs and support for coverage rates; competitive filing research and analysis; and special projects as assigned.
- Provide rate filing support including creating rate indications to send to the state DOIs, and development of proprietary rate support where needed.
- Perform rate indications including trend studies and predictive modeling to determine rate needs across a shared platform.
- Assist in analysis of rate and rule changes to provide member companies prospective estimates of regulatory changes in the platform.
- Conduct research and analyze competitor filings as needed to support development of new rating rules on the Shared platform.
- Assists in the development, maintenance, and oversight of various databases, software, and other technological tools in support of the overall Berkley Shared Services platform.
- Develops effective working relationships with our customers and Shared Services teams through a demonstrated degree of knowledge, professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Other duties as assigned.
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full time Underwriter for its Managed Care segment. This position will solicit, write and retain a profitable book of Managed Care/Reinsurance business. Requiring extensive underwriting analysis and sound judgment, this role will be responsible for contributing to the achievement of Berkley Accident & Health’s financial plans by meeting established premium growth and profitability goals.
Managed Care Underwriter Essential duties include:
- Assess risk to ensure that the risk meets established underwriting criteria
- Evaluate, price and propose rates based on established underwriting guidelines while meeting profitability standards set by Management.
- Manage assigned workload to meet productivity and time service standards.
- Maintain quote logs and ensure that appropriate action is taken within the requested due date.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with target sources.
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full time Stop Loss Underwriter for our Group Captive division. This position will write and retain profitable accounts that require underwriting experience, with an analytic approach to spread risk. This role will contribute to the achievement of Berkley’s financial plans by meeting premium growth and profitability of assigned book of business.
Stop Loss Underwriter, Captives Segment – Essential duties include:
• Underwrites and proposes financial structure on accounts from 50 – 400 employees within delegated authorities that are specific to position.
• Responsible for constant analysis and development of underwriting and business guidelines
• Develops and maintains successful relationships with target sources and assigned programs
• Responsible for ensuring profitability at both the single employer and group captive level
• Manages an assigned volume of case and program activity for both new and renewal policies
• Works with Supervisor and Actuary to revise and develop group captive tools to improve efficiencies in underwriting process.
• Communicates effectively with various team members within Captive Division
The Administrative Services Clerk performs a variety of office support functions and may specialize in one area of office services.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming mail
- Identify and distribute specialty mail on a priority basis daily
- Print and sort checks, prepare for mailing
- Data entry
- Monitor and handle incoming faxes
- Prepare and scan claim documents
- Prepare and enter claim reports
- Provide backup coverage & assistance within the department
Consult and evaluate commercial operations in the human and animal food production, processing and distribution space. Regularly interact with owners, managers, employees, agents and underwriting to determine the type and level of exposures present and controls needed. Determines customer’s ability to control the exposures by gathering information through physical surveys, program audits, loss history analysis, comparison to industry standards and customer interviews. Provides training, mentoring, specialized technical advice and counsel to staff. Assists underwriting with risk selection and ongoing account management.
Work with team to underwrite new business submissions and help service book of business and meet overall business objectives. Risk transactions include, but are not limited to new business underwriting, inspections, endorsements, renewal underwriting and audits.
- Review and Underwrite new business submissions for acceptability according to authority granted.
- Serve as the primary back up for the Territory Manager and the Underwriting team.
- Review and underwrite fast track and non-fast track renewals as needed, based upon authority granted, achieving renewal premium retention and rate change objectives.
- Make sound risk and pricing decisions that achieve profitable loss ratios.
- Maintain underwriting quality score of 90% or greater. Document underwriting file to support acceptability and pricing in accordance with company guidelines.
- Achieve designated customer service standards.
- Provide detailed issuance instructions to ensure policy is delivered consistent with quoted terms and conditions and in accordance with established guidelines relative
- to policy construction.
- Review mid-term endorsement requests for acceptability up to the authority granted.
- Review inspections to confirm accounts written are consistent with preliminary underwriting information and refer to underwriter when the inspection reveals
- unacceptable risk characteristics.
- Utilize various underwriting tools to determine acceptable risk characteristics, accurate classifications, insurance to value, calculate rates, etc.
- Review audits and refer to underwriter based upon authority granted.
- Assist with training, mentoring and coaching of less experienced team members.
Berkley Agribusiness, a provider of property and casualty insurance solutions for select commercial agribusiness accounts, has an exciting employment opportunity for a Risk Control Specialist to service agribusiness and food product customers.
This position will be responsible for providing on –site risk control surveys for both prospective and existing policyholder locations for the purposes of gathering underwriting information and providing suggestions for risk improvement.
Specific duties include, but not limited to:
- Surveying commercial agribusiness properties (buildings, industrial operations, etc.)
- Consulting with insured's in regards to activities and programs available to control losses and improve safety
- Providing training, mentoring, specialized technical advice and counsel to internal staff regarding regulations
- Contributing to the development of safety materials and program.
Join our team of highly skilled Claims Examiners responsible for the analysis and management of workers’ compensation claims. Our Claims Examiners review, investigate, and make decisions regarding coverage, compensability, and appropriateness of claims; as well as process and document claims to ensure compliance with company standards, industry best practices, and legislative provisions. In this position you will act in a fiduciary role on behalf of policyholders, negotiate claim settlements and manage subrogation.
Our Claims Examiners conduct the handling of claims in the utmost of good faith in compliance with the rules, regulations and statutes of the WCAB and State of California. We function with a high degree of competency and sound judgment, coupled with consistent results!
Responsibilities for this opportunity include:
- Analyzing and processing workers’ compensation claims by investigating and gathering information to determine the exposure on the claim.
- Negotiating the settlement of claims up to designated authority level and making claims payments.
- Calculating and assigning timely and appropriate reserves to claims and continuing to manage reserve adequacy throughout the life of the claim.
- Calculating and paying benefits due; approving all claim payments; and settling claims within designated authority level.
- Developing and managing claims through well-developed action plans; continuing to work the action plan to bring the claim to an appropriate and timely resolution.
- Preparing necessary state filings within statutory limits.
- Actively managing the litigation process; ensuring timely and cost effective claims resolution.
- Coordinating vendor referrals for additional investigation and/or litigation management.
- Using appropriate cost containment techniques including strategic vendor partnerships to reduce overall cost of claims.
- Managing claim recoveries of all types, including but not limited to subrogation, Second Injury Fund recoveries, and Social Security offsets.
- Reporting claims to the excess carrier, responds to requests of directions in a professional and timely manner.
- Frequently communicating with all appropriate parties involved with the claim.
- Referring cases as appropriate to management.
- Maintaining professional client relationships.
- Actively executing appropriate claims activities to ensure consistent delivery of quality claims service.
The program provides highly motivated and qualified students an opportunity to gain first-hand experience, receive valuable on-the-job training, and heighten business knowledge. Collaborate side by side with employees in a variety of positions including Software Development Engineers, Business Analysts, Business Systems Analysts, and Testing Analysts on challenging projects, interact with all levels of management and senior leaders, and gain insight into business and technology in the insurance industry.