Berkley Fire & Marine Underwriters has a Chief Underwriting Officer opportunity to join the team! This role will provide strategic direction and leadership for the Commercial Underwriting operation and proactively participate with the senior management team and functional department staff in developing and executing strategic plans to meet BFM business objectives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides strategic direction and leadership for the BFM Commercial Underwriting operation. Manages company underwriting results to achieve corporate Return on Equity goal.
- Monitors and analyzes production activity. Collaborates with Regional management to identify and implement strategies to improve production efficiency and effectiveness to support both the regional and company goals of optimized profitability, managed growth and enhanced competitive advantage.
- Evaluates operations to assure sound business practices are utilized and in compliance with the Sarbanes – Oxley Act.
- Provides leadership and support for the design, development and implementation of new products as well as the redesign and refinement of existing products.
- Attracts, coaches and develops talent within the Home Office Underwriting unit and field. Provides frequent and specific constructive feedback to staff. Provides technical advice, direction and mentoring to staff outside of the Home Office Underwriting unit.
- Develops and maintains relationships with other W.R. Berkley Regional Underwriting Officers to capitalize on business opportunities.
- Evaluates referrals and takes appropriate action.
- Conducts audits of various offices.
- Supervises field operations as required.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The Underwriting Operations Manager is responsible for the design, build and management of the end to end process for underwriting. This includes transactional workflows outside of the policy administration system, underwriting quality control (risk profile and compliance), and non-policy administrative system (PAS) transactional processes. Additional responsibility includes extensive collaboration and contribution to the design and build of system requirements. The ideal candidate will have deep experience in building, managing and leading underwriting workflow, process and quality. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
WORKFLOW and PROCESS
- Create and manage, including ongoing assessments and revisions and with a full incorporation of both upstream and downstream implications, underwriting workflows for:
- End to end transactional processing within and outside of the PAS including quote, bind, issue, endorse, renew, cancel, inspect, reinsure, and other transactions
- Supporting documentation requirements (from agents/clients)
- Account/transaction underwriting review and documentation
- Insurance to value
- Cancellations / non-renewals
- In conjunction with compliance counsel ensure workflows and processes exist to ensure proper regulatory compliance in underwriting transactions and documentation
- Manage sister company and third party workflows including referrals, authorities, results tracking, audit, ceding, MIS, etc…
- Collaborate within the function to set, manage and measure SLA’s and KPI’s for UW performance metrics and benchmarks
- Develop staffing models for all roles in the underwriting function
- Identify customer touch points and anticipate needs in order to build and/or recommend future solutions
- Collect and use data and feedback to continually improve service delivery and efficiency as we grow and scale operations
Design and build of Underwriting System Requirements
- Write system requirements in collaboration with Business Analyst(s) and others to ensure underwriting strategies, guidelines and referral rules are captured for system build, ensure ongoing maintenance and changes to underwriting requirements
- Act as SME on behalf of underwriting for prioritization of defects and change requests
- Serve as point person for underwriting, working with business analysts to monitor Guidewire and other enterprise platforms (e.g. salesforce) performance regarding operation of the business; prioritize change requirements and fixes
- Establish and maintain controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value
- Incredible empathy and understanding of the needs of our customers, both insureds and their agents alike. You will be an excellent, pro-active advocate for Berkley One customers and are passionate about their brand experience
Carolina Casualty is looking for a talented Claims professional who will be responsible for investigating, assessing, managing and resolving commercial automobile litigation and complex claims.
- Oversee and resolve truck, bus, commercial auto and/or public transportation claims, including litigation
- Select, oversee, and grade the performance of outside counsel
- Attend and monitor trials to assess attorney performance and jury verdict risk
- Set and control litigation budgets
- Initiate and oversee serious automobile accident investigations and rapid response
- Develop strategies and effective plans that drive litigated matters / claims to better results
- Accurately assess and resolve commercial auto insurance coverage issues, analyze facts and allegations in conjunction with all policy provisions, endorsements and amendments
- Draft declination, Reservation of Rights and other coverage letters
- Negotiate outstanding settlements
- Present case statuses/summaries in a clear, concise and understandable manner
- In collaboration with the marketing team, develop, execute, and manage integrated digital marketing campaigns for W.R. Berkley and our 50+ operating units (OUs) worldwide.
- Help create, build, execute and monitor email campaigns—establish metrics, monitor and report performance for each campaign.
- Help create, build, deploy and assess webinars using GoToWebinar
- Offer a solid understanding of Google Analytics and other digital marketing analytic tools to assess campaign metrics
- Working knowledge of automated marketing platforms such as HubSpot and Marketing Cloud, and the ability to collaborate and implement initiatives and campaigns within such platforms
- Execute corporate website changes as needed within Kentico
- Maintain and enhance the Corporate Marketing portal within SharePoint
- Identify trends, insights and emerging technologies within the digital marketing space that will best support the Berkley brand and its various operating units
- General support of corporate marketing initiatives that may not be digital in nature
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for learning company policy and procedure in relation to policy administration and claims first notice of loss. This representative provides a high level of customer service and also provides general administrative support to other departments such as premium audit, premium accounting, and underwriting. The Customer Service Representative must exhibit a degree of competency, productivity, timeliness and accuracy, while exercising appropriate judgment and must also be a team player.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Handle phone, email and live chat requests in a professional and courteous manner
- Resolve insured, broker and claimant inquiries with exceptional customer service
- Process premium audits & payments
- Create payment histories
- Assist callers with Company website and banking site login
- Obtain necessary information to create a claim and perform data entry to setup new claims, create activity notes and search database for coverage
- Send initial claim letters and forms to employers and injured workers
- Collaborate with other team members when assistance is needed
- Complete various related tasks and projects as assigned
This position would serve as a Territory Production Manager for Northern California. This includes leading business initiatives that generate profitable growth within the territory.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Commercial underwriting experience with strong P&C underwriting skills
- Responsible for generating profitable growth results for assigned territory / producers
- Lead new business initiatives for assigned producers
- Leads business initiatives for territory which include generating business opportunities, producer relations, territory expansion
- Must have solid understanding of account pricing, coverage analysis, loss/risk control needs, claim service needs and account stewardship
- Mentor underwriting staff and operations staff on a continuous basis
- Follow established pricing, underwriting and documentation protocol as set forth by underwriting management
- Additional Marketing-Related Functions
- Visit and develop rapport with key, existing and prospective agents, as appropriate;
- Occasional travel, possibly out of town and/or overnight.
This position participates in development and support of data through incremental development of the Data Warehouse and then presentation to the business community through query results and/or reporting structures. This role includes defining, coding and maintaining the extraction, transformation and load of data to and from the data warehouse in conjunction with many independent data marts. This role participates throughout the project life cycle from planning to production implementation.
- Designs, develops, writes, modifies and implements software programming applications
- Convert data from various file formats to relational database (ETL)
- Experience with SSRS and T-SQL
- Create reports and/or electronic files as requested
- Participates in testing through test definition, review and validation
- Performs a variety of intermediate tasks
- Seeks input from manager and team members to apply experience and judgment towards accomplishing assignments
- Work with technical resources (internal and external) to ensure accurate translation of specifications into workable application code
- Work with business users on a day-to-day basis
- Perform all other duties as assigned
The Marketing & Communications Specialist reports to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing and is responsible for working across disciplines and with various critical stakeholders to build the Berkley Asset Protection brand with targeted buyers and influence groups while marketing the organization’s various product offerings. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with internal and external subject matter experts on a variety of topics and translate that information into captivating and concrete storytelling resulting in compelling messaging that tells the Berkley Asset Protection story and supports the brand
- Build storytelling into content assets and deliver communications across multiple channels including social and digital media
- Collaborate with sales and marketing colleagues to conduct and translate research in order to develop buyer personas that will assist in aligning content with buyer needs across the customer lifecycle
- Research, write and edit copy for marketing content including but not limited to print and online articles, newsletters, videos, webinars, infographics, white papers, case studies, blog posts, web site content, presentations, landing pages, emails and more
- Establish content themes. Develop and maintain an editorial calendar that maps out content development plans in conjunction with marketing goals and integrated campaigns and establishes an optimal cadence
- Publish content in a variety of formats utilizing your marketing peers to drive the distribution of the content through inbound and outbound marketing programs, social media channels, PR and internal portals
- Conduct regular audits on content library, identify opportunities to refresh, repurpose content while simultaneously identifying content gaps to inform ongoing content development strategies
- Long and short form copywriting for digital and print channels
- Translate complex products and offerings into clear and concise messaging that supports Berkley Asset Protection’s brand
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects as required
The Manager of Sales & Distribution – Los Angeles Territory in California is responsible for a specifically targeted areas within the region known as the Los Angeles Basin. This includes the region around Santa Monica/San Fernando Valley, Ventura/North LA up to Santa Barbara. Parts of Pasadena East to San Bernardino/West Riverside and all of Orange County. This role may at times, include some specific opportunities in the cities of Los Angeles/Long Beach. This role is all about sales solicitation, the sales management of assigned brokers/producers, generating million dollar program sales and developing strong relations with the territory’s agents and brokers. The role involves setting in motion mutually-agreed-to sales plans and driving the necessary strategies and marketing actions needed to maximize profitable growth for Preferred Employers in this territory. It has a dual-purpose/dual-role function representing both Preferred Employers Insurance Company and Preferred's general agency, Preferred Connect Insurance Center, LLC.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement and drive targeted class code sales plans with both current brokers and new brokers to meet Preferred’s profitable growth goals.
- Identify, develop, implement, and manage program sales plans with target groups of business owners to meet both Preferred’s and Preferred Connect’s sales goals.
- Monitor new sales, retention, rate-adequacy and commission metrics monthly to ensure premium plan goal achievement.
- Works closely with all company departments to optimize Preferred’s brand offering to the marketplace.
- This is an "on-the-road"/high-relationship type function requiring lots of windshield time, high-level of communications skill, direct broker contact and direct selling contact with targeted prospects/clients.
- Job demands ongoing sales prospecting and finding qualifying deals originating from the territory.
- Expectation is that candidate will operate primarily out of their company-assigned automobile, their home office with monthly visits to the company’s headquarters in San Diego or as needed from time to time.
Carolina Casualty is seeking an Actuarial professional who has a passion for pushing the limits of their actuarial knowledge. This role offers more variety and exposure to the business than a typical actuarial role. The ideal candidate will have the drive to lead projects, provide meaningful insights into the business impact of changes in actuarial analyses, processes, and/or analytical methods. This role will interact regularly with other departments as well as with senior management. Having strong communication skills with the ability to express technical concepts to broader audiences will be key to this role. The position also requires an aptitude for computer programming and model development.
- Contribute to rate level targeting by assisting in the design, construction, and implementation of tools and processes for assessing rate adequacy.
- Perform regular rate level adequacy reviews of various lines of business and coverages. Make recommendations to the company Actuary.
- Help review, develop and maintain the company’s proprietary rating models.
- Support the company’s rating plans, rates, factors, and pricing tools, including providing actuarial support of state rate filings.
- Assist in the continued development and maintenance of the company’s actuarial database.
- Work with other departments in a company-wide effort to improve company efficiency.
- Develop data sets for predictive modeling. Participate in predictive modeling efforts. Recommend data elements and structures for adding value to the analysis.
- Contribute to the regular business monitors including required corporate reporting. Assist in improvement and development of new reporting tools to help others understand the business.
- Assist the Company Actuary with the quarterly reserve analysis. This includes the development of Schedule P as well as actuarial supported financial exhibits.
- Work with the underwriters on the modeling of individual accounts as necessary.
- Assist other departments with technical needs as necessary.
Berkley Aspire has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Underwriting Manager who is looking to make a major contribution to a fast growing surplus lines company. In this role, the Underwriting Manager will lead our production underwriting team to meet production and underwriting, profit and loss goals. This individual will also coach and mentor their team in sales related, retail agency management, in order to seek out and secure opportunities that drive surplus lines insurance products.
- Responsible for all production and underwriting (profit/loss) results for the production underwriting team
- Lead and coach the production underwriting team through an advanced understanding of underwriting guidelines, state regulations, facultative reinsurance placement and OFAC regulations
- Conduct performance management duties including KPI analytics
- Participate on projects and initiatives as assigned by leadership
- Review claims activity, loss control survey, and inspection reports for compliance with existing policies, handling exceptions as required and recommending improvements
- Provide support to ensure accurate and timely servicing of accounts
- Collaborate with other departments to resolve issues
- Lead delivery of appropriate customer service levels
- Determine and lead delivery of training and development based on individual and unit needs - Coaches, develops and provides feedback to associates
- Manage relationships with WR Berkley regional carriers and territory teams – Work to initiate and execute cross selling strategies
- Assist the production underwriting team with development and execution of sound action plans to drive business from key agents
- Monitor, track and analyze the effectiveness of agency partnerships to support course corrections and decision making
Solve and troubleshoot problems related to desktop computers, laptops, and different systems. Install hardware and software systems on desktops and laptops. Reviews service tickets and identify opportunities for improvement. Work with and assist customers with installations, moves, adds, changes, refresh, testing and implementation of personal computer hardware/software systems for small projects. Assists with problem determination and isolation of PC hardware/software networks. Utilizes help desk call tracking and problem resolution software and thoroughly documents problem resolution. Resolves issues utilizing excellent customer service skills, problem solving skills, technical thinking/reasoning skills, and a high level of individual judgment to ensure outcomes of customer satisfaction.
Provides support to the underwriting process, making appropriate decisions within own underwriting assigned authority levels. Compiles data, performs routine tasks, and processes accounts. Projects a professional company image through internal and external customer interaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses new and renewal accounts to determine acceptability based upon NIC underwriting guidelines and authority granted.
- Reviews new and renewal accounts to verify issuance is in compliance with NIC underwriting guidelines, addresses discrepancies as needed, and enters information into appropriate systems.
- Processes prerenewals by generating monthly reports and compiling/analyzing required information.
- Creates, analyzes and interprets data from various systems and underwriting resources.
- Provides administrative support by preparing and compiling information to ensure all aspects of the underwriting process are contemplated.
- Collaborates with underwriting team as well as other departments on underwriting philosophy.
- Effectively communicates (written/verbal) information to both internal and external customers to ensure our standards of excellence are maintained.
- Consults with agency staff to obtain additional information on existing accounts.
- Promotes consistency among underwriting teams by contributing knowledge and soliciting feedback relative to underwriting philosophy and company goals.
- Maintains confidentiality with discretion and integrity with both internal and external information.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes preparatory work on new business accounts as assigned by the underwriter.
- Composes reports and business correspondence such as travel summaries, agendas, and meeting minutes.
- Coordinates internal and/or external visits including but not limited to scheduling meetings, confirming staff availability, and arranging meals/entertainment.
- Provides guidance and support to less experienced team members within the department.
The role of Executive Underwriter is to provide technical assistance in the Home Office Underwriting Department on special projects, product development, form and endorsement development, underwriting audits, corporate initiatives, training and development and product specific research while also acting as a referral authority, mentor and trainer to the underwriting team.
- Handle account referrals outside of individual underwriter authority
- Make sound risk and pricing decisions to drive profitable growth and achieve business objectives
- Assist the management team with training, mentoring and coaching of new associates and less experienced team members
- Assist the management team in the overall development and communication of underwriting appetite
- Assist the management team with developing and refining Underwriting and Pricing Guidelines
- Assist the management team in new product development efforts to include initiation, research and implementation of new products as well as product/process enhancements
- In coordination with the management team, participate in the development and execution of annual business plans for the division to include a profitable underwriting strategy
- Lead research projects on trends impacting our business
- Participate in book profitability analyses and corresponding action plan development
- Stay abreast and knowledgeable on market trends and conditions to guide our business and achieve objectives
- Lead the Underwriting Audit/Quality Control (QC) process to drive underwriting quality including:
Daily review of ‘bound’ new business to confirm the unit is maintaining underwriting integrity
Daily review of ‘declined’ accounts to ensure opportunities are not being missed
- Assist in the development of forms and endorsements and lead the coordination with Claims and Legal to finalize wording
- Lead and participate in projects and initiatives as assigned by leadership
- Other special projects/duties as assigned
We are seeking a proven leader with deep knowledge of data strategy, data science, data governance, business information, advanced analytics, and related technology; and experience in the property and casualty insurance and reinsurance industry.
This position offers the opportunity to create a Center of Excellence to facilitate a data driven decision making culture; to implement a data strategy and governance program to obtain, protect and provide data; and to define and implement strategy for use of both basic and advanced analytics including artificial intelligence (machine learning and deep learning) to produce quality analytics and predictive modeling.
- Create and lead Data, Information and Analytics Center of Excellence.
- Organize and chair advisory board to execute the WRBC data, information and analytics strategy, provide sponsorship and oversight for governance policy and analytic project success.
- Data and Information responsibilities:
- Define, coordinate and maintain Berkley Data Warehouse the "single source of truth" structured data required for financial reporting and regulatory compliance.
- Create policies and controls for appropriate protection of information assets through life cycle, from acquisition or creation to destruction. Define, manage and advance information management principles. Develop policies and programs for stewardship and custodianship of data, controls for master data and metadata management.
- Oversee integration and staging of data, and development and maintenance of data lakes, data warehouse and data marts used throughout WRBC. Design the use strategy, governance and process for the Hadoop Data Lake.
- Expand availability and use of internal data (both structured and unstructured). Make decisions about information value, quality and reliability. Develop strategy for data access for analysis and to leverage data across WRBC. To facilitate the evolution of self-service data preparation and analytics - Figure out ways to "let more people have it".
- Expand availability and use of external data (both structured and unstructured). Research and keep current on data available from external sources and lead efforts to acquire, make usable and provide access. Ensure quality, traceability, timeliness, usability and cost-effectiveness.
- Analytics responsibilities:
- Set annual project plan based on input from Segment heads and Operating Units. Projects focus on enhancing profitability and business functions (e.g., claims, pricing, risk selection, premium audit selection, submission triage) but also may be exploratory to answer business questions.
- Develop individual project plans, timetables and deliverables. With IT and Business (including actuarial) ensure that plan addresses data collection, model iteration, validation and operationalizing both model and model results. Regularly communicate project status vs plan.
- Keep a log/catalogue of projects, code and models so that knowledge can be shared.
- Establish best practices for model use and validation as well as for basic analytics for business intelligence purposes.
- Keep abreast of latest machine and deep learning tools, methodologies and data sets (open source and proprietary). Test and evaluate.
- Provide input and counsel to operating units. Provide quality control via peer review Operating Unit models and algorithms, etc.
- Provide regular forums for sharing of information (e.g., analytics forums and showcases). Provide training as needed for actuaries and citizen data scientists on R and other tools.
- Responsibilities are carried out in conjunction, with IT, Compliance, Finance, Actuarial and Other Business Leaders.
This position will be providing overall requirements gathering, design, development and support of one or more company applications for the various subsidiaries of the corporation.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates a robust understanding of all the business processes and system interfaces of a system.
- Can design significant new system functionality with a consideration of performance, stability, and supportability.
- Reviews and provides feedback on business requirements to fully leverage technology to improve business functions.
- Defines standards and design patterns / paradigms for system development within a team.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills that span the application, middleware, and infrastructure levels.
- Provides guidance on BTS development standards and quality expectations to employees entering the job family.
- Demonstrates a robust understanding of all functional and technical aspects of a system.
- Can produce significant new system functionality or defect resolution with minimal direction.
- Creates design specifications that demonstrate an understanding of most interfacing systems and supported business processes. (can understanding business processes go to the developer/analyst)
- Routinely proposes improvements to a system to improve supportability or usability.
- Can perform adequate peer review on any changes in the system.
- Can be consulted to provide recommendations to solve business issues based on experience and knowledge of current technology.
- May provide rotating on-call support of production systems.
- Provide end user mentoring and training in 1-1 and small group settings.
- Partner with the various subsidiaries to create a vision for future advancement of our applications.
- Travel for this position is approximately 5-10%.
Manage an assigned underwriting territory to achieve profitable growth, including underwriting new business, renewals, endorsements and other transactions. Identify new business opportunities and manage agency relationships.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop relationships and educate agents within agency plant to maximize opportunities and achieve profitable growth.
- Initiate outbound calls to agencies to identify sales opportunities and collect agent intelligence.
- Achieve new business premium, renewal premium retention and rate change objectives.
- Within company guidelines and granted underwriting authority, evaluate new and renewal account information to determine risk acceptability, terms / conditions to be quoted, and pricing.
- Make sound risk and pricing decisions that achieve profitable loss ratios.
- Maintain underwriting quality score of 90% or greater. Document underwriting file to support acceptability and pricing in accordance with company guidelines.
- Achieve customer service standards, including established objectives for:
- New business quote turnaround
- Renewal quotes
- Endorsement, cancellation, audits and other transactions
- Policy issuance
- Provide detailed issuance instructions to ensure policy is delivered consistent with quoted terms and conditions and in accordance with established guidelines relative to policy construction.
- Review mid-term endorsement requests for acceptability and provide instructions for processing.
- Evaluate premium audit referrals to determine class acceptability and/or appropriateness of current exposure base. Adjust current term with acceptable changes to ensure company gets timely payment of adequate premium.
- Order and review inspections to confirm accounts written are consistent with preliminary underwriting information and takes action when the inspection reveals unacceptable risk characteristics.
- Assist with training, mentoring and coaching of less experienced team members.
- Determine if facultative reinsurance is needed and if so, factor reinsurance cost in gross pricing, complete cession procedures; documentation file, and follow established workflow procedure to ensure proper reporting / accounting.
- Utilize various underwriting tools to:
- Determine acceptable risk characteristics
- Determine accurate exposure classifications
- Set adequate property limits to accomplish appropriate insurance to value
- Rate and quote business to agents
- Support other underwriters as assigned when the other underwriter is traveling or out on vacation / sick time.
The internship program provides highly motivated and qualified students an opportunity to gain first-hand experience, receive valuable on-the-job training, and heighten business knowledge. Interns will collaborate side by side with employees in a variety of positions on challenging projects, they will interact with all levels of management and senior leaders, and gain insight into business and technology in the insurance industry.
- Assist with sourcing incoming Service Requests
- Assist with data gathering/documentation in support of Software Renewals
- Assist with scheduling/documenting IT Equipment disposal events
- Contribute to IT Asset Management process documentation
- Monitor Asset Inventory levels
- Completes assigned tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- Participates in applicable team meetings.
- Participates in cross-team projects
- Completes overall project presentation (Powerpoint) and presents to Leadership Group upon completion of internship.
- Minimal travel required
This role is responsible for the review, oversight and specific handling of General, Automobile, and Professional Liability claims including Law Enforcement and Sexual Abuse involving schools, municipalities, other public entities. All accounts are written excess of an SIR layer and underlying claims are handled by the insured or their selected TPA until reaching the BPE layer.
Additionally, this role will monitor trends within the portfolio and individual accounts and take action as necessary to contribute to the overall success of the company.
- Responsible for assigned claims from first notice to closure adhering to BPE claims guidelines, workflows and best practices; set reserves as appropriate within assigned authority.
- Work closely with insureds, brokers and TPA’s to secure additional claim information, communicate loss information, and monitor Self Insured Retentions.
- Lead and participate in audits of TPA’s to ensure adherence to BPE claims guidelines
- Ensure large loss and exposure reporting requirements are met referring claims to BPE management and/or WR Berkley management as necessary.
- Identify issues and trends in the portfolio; take appropriate and/or corrective action where necessary; share trends with underwriters and brokers
- Communicate and collaborate across the organization- underwriting, marketing, and senior management to achieve organizational success
- Review claims files to determine adherence to company practices, protocols and service levels; note any deficiencies and make recommendations for improvement.
- Contribute to business development; participate in marketing and renewal events differentiating the BPE claims process within the marketplace.
- Provide feedback and/or suggestions relating to various policy wordings
- Travel – attend conferences, mediation and/or trials as necessary
Primarily responsible for the underwriting and issuance of small commercial business that meets our exposure-based definition. Seeks guidance in underwriting accounts whose requirements fall outside of established standards and guidelines and/ or authority. Goals are focused on supporting small commercial key business objectives including account retention and growth. Team with the Sales Executive to handle the majority of individual account activities related to new business underwriting, quoting, policy issuance and renewal management. This position does not lead others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluation of complex new, renewal and endorsement activities to accept, modify, decline and price accounts
- Provide excellent customer support to agents and internal stakeholders
- Ensure that production and loss ratio goals are achieved through effective managing of new business through automated process and sound agent communication
- Respond to issues and challenges that affect production and profit ratio objectives. Take corrective action and/or
refers the problem (with recommendation) to Commercial Team Leader, Underwriting Director or Vice President
- Partner with Sales Executive to create a business plan for assigned territory with an emphasis to develop strong retention and profitable new business pipeline
- Thinks like an owner and executes with high degree of accountability for self and organization
- Acts as a referral for more complex renewals, endorsements that fall outside the Underwriting Assistant’s authority
- Pro-actively seek to retain key renewals by working closely with agents and brokers
- Participate in projects/assignments which support policy service and production objectives with respects to sales, underwriting, retention and customer service goals
- Responsible for insuring compliance with underwriting strategies and regulatory requirements