The Senior Data Engineer will be providing data development at an advanced complexity level involving troubleshooting data issues, data extract creation, and ETL develoment and support. This individual will work within a team environment that provides data resource development and support for several companies. They will be responsible for analyzing, designing and coding solutions for rapidly growing companies supporting the property & casualty insurance industry.
- Requires an in depth understanding of insurance related reporting and insurance company operations. Demonstrates a robustunderstanding of all the business data processes/processing, system interfaces, and where/how that data is used, and the related data structures.
- Design and implementation of ETL process, data structure and the analytical/operational reporting environment. Can design significant new system functionality with a consideration of performance, stability, and supportability
- Thorough understanding of industry best practices. Includes but not limited to modeling, workflow and presentation. Design and implement data extracts both inbound and outbound for internal and external sources.
- Requires strong organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills that span the application, middleware, and infrastructure levels. Thorough upstream/downstream impact analysis. Assists in defining standards and design patterns/paradigms for data processes and/or structures for development within a team.
- Provides guidance on BTS development standards and quality expectations to BTS or company resources entering the job family
- Demonstrates understanding of data processes and/or structures
- Will be required to communicate directly with employees at all levels up to the senior level within both company and client companies
- Will provide mentorship to others
- Will develop sphere of influence with other teams.
- Will be required to communicate and coordinate within the team.
- May be responsible for on-call rotation.
- Some travel required up to 20%
In this role you will report to the Chief Actuary and perform as the analytical leader for the team. Under general supervision, you will present quarterly profitability/reserve analyses to the management team, assist in the pricing of large accounts, design and maintain book management tools as well other duties as required.
Other responsibilities include:
- Developing loss reserving diagnostics and reserve analysis tools
- Completing line of business trend and pricing studies
- Building and maintaining pricing models
- Supporting countrywide rate proposals/filings and developing new rating programs
- Assisting in rate analysis and reporting
The Clinical Risk Analyst (CRA) role is an integral part of our Clinical Risk Management team. Our CRAs provide organized, timely, and effective management of all notifications for Berkley Accident and Health's (BAH) Employer Stop Loss (Direct and Captive) and Managed Care business lines. Our CRAs support Berkley Accident and Health's vision of being recognized as an industry leader in risk management services.
Clinical Risk Analyst I Essential Responsibilities:
- Adopts BAH core competencies in personal work behaviors, decision-making, contributions, and interpersonal interactions.
- Develops relationships with our Clinical Risk Management team members, other BAH employees and external clients to further BAH's mission.
- Facilitates timely and accurate intake, screening, triaging, tracking and maintenance of all potential claim notifications and associated reports/documentation.
- Assists in maintaining accurate database tracking and reporting.
- Demonstrates a solid work ethic and maintain a positive attitude.
- Develops compliance with all company and department policies and procedures, quality assurance programs and service level agreement standards.
- Works with other team members to coordinate the management of shared e-mail box (es).
- Provides excellent customer service / communications by responding in a timely and appropriate manner to all internal and external customers.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
The Underwriting Manager is a seasoned underwriting professional who has the years of experience and knowledge to exercise independent judgment to arrive at assigned sales and profitability targets. In this role, you will collaborate with Regional Sales Managers to efficiently quote, negotiate, and sell target business with assigned producers. Berkley Underwriting Managers are expected to conduct both financial and clinical analysis and develop contingencies as require.
Stop Loss Underwriting Manager Essential duties include:
- Assess daily workflow and determine daily priorities working with a team of Regional Sales Managers to ensure deadlines are met
- Travel with Regional Sales managers to meet with producers
- Collaborate with Regional Sales Managers to achieve assigned financial targets
- Composes, prepares, and generates correspondence, proposals, and reports as needed or required
- Conduct clinical risk evaluations utilizing available resources
- Have the ability to analyze risk and make pricing recommendations
- Evaluate and propose pricing on Stop Loss business within stated authority limits
- Review Applications, Policies, Plan Documents/Amendments, and proposal contingencies ensuring that they are complete, accurate, and in accordance with the sold case terms
Conduct a review of all Managed Care claims processed by our contracted vendor. This role will require communication with that vendor as appropriate, as well as any internal Berkley staff involved in the administration of the Managed Care segment.
- Review claims payment results performed by contracted vendor on all Provider Excess and HMO Reinsurance business and provide policy documentation, disclosure, risk matrixes and DOFRS to them upon request and within approved authority limits.
- Communicate with contracted vendor as appropriate and respond to client and broker inquiries, as necessary.
- Elevates issues to next level of supervision, as appropriate.
- Manage workload to meet time service standards.
- Exhibit good organizational, oral communication and interpersonal skills while working with internal and external customers.
- Document outcome of claim reviews in the shared drive, as appropriate.
- Utilize knowledge of regulatory/statutory guidelines including but not limited to, HIPPA, privacy, Affordable Care Act, etc., as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full time Stop Loss Underwriter for our Group Captive division. This position will write and retain profitable accounts that require underwriting experience, with an analytic approach to spread risk. This role will contribute to the achievement of Berkley’s financial plans by meeting premium growth and profitability of assigned book of business.
Stop Loss Underwriter, Captives Segment – Essential duties include:
• Underwrites and proposes financial structure on accounts from 50 – 400 employees within delegated authorities that are specific to position.
• Responsible for constant analysis and development of underwriting and business guidelines
• Develops and maintains successful relationships with target sources and assigned programs
• Responsible for ensuring profitability at both the single employer and group captive level
• Manages an assigned volume of case and program activity for both new and renewal policies
• Works with Supervisor and Actuary to revise and develop group captive tools to improve efficiencies in underwriting process.
• Communicates effectively with various team members within Captive Division
This role requires relocation to either Hamilton Square, NJ or Marlboro, MA
The Underwriting Leader is a seasoned medical stop loss underwriting professional who has the years of experience and knowledge to manage a staff of underwriters, as well as exercise sound judgment to achieve appropriate risk adjusted rates of return. In this role you will be a member of the Captives Executive Team; you will collaborate with Captives SVP, Distribution, and Program teams to efficiently manage the quote, negotiation and underwriting activity for our various medical stop loss group captive programs. The role requires the ability to manage a staff of underwriters including workload assignments, personnel and performance reviews, training, and overall strategic guidance. Leader is expected to analyze both financial and clinical risk contingencies, understand the unique risk management initiatives within each programs, and develop rating strategies accordingly.
Captives Underwriting Leader Essential Duties include:
• Collaborate with Senior VP to achieve product financial targets, produce department KPIs, and participate in overall product strategic development.
• Work with Business Development team to ensure deadlines are met.
• Travel with Business Development and Program Management teams to meet with producers and program members.
• Oversee the activity assignments and workload balance of staff of UWs
• Assume an actual assigned workload as appropriate
• Support staff on challenging risk evaluations, service situations, and during periods of high activity
• Ensure staff is properly composing, preparing, and generating correspondence, proposals, and other reports as needed or required.
• Ensure staff is conducting clinical risk evaluations utilizing available resources.
• Make pricing recommendations that will lead to acceptable risk adjusted returns.
• Evaluate and propose pricing on Stop Loss business within stated authority limits.
• Oversee the review of Applications, Policies, Plan Documents/Amendments, and Proposal Contingencies ensuring that they are complete, accurate and in accordance with the sold case terms.
• Ensure that staff is digging in on all data points and analyzing all submitted data from production source.
• Prepare detailed referral recommendations beyond authority limits to SVP that include historical and proposed ESL terms, clinical diagnosis, and paid claims to properly evaluate risk with recommendations on rates, lasers and other contingencies.
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of terms and conditions relative to each EmCap program.
Gemini Transportation Underwriters is looking for a Software Developer to support the business in the support of existing and development of new software applications, websites, databases, data warehouse and reports which align with the business goals and objectives; oversee testing and resolve software defects; investigate and reconcile system and workflow problems; assist in the design, engineering, implementation and support of information systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and continually improve the functionality of our custom internally focused Business Operations System using C#, .NET and SQL Server.
- Support and continually improve the functionality to our custom externally focused on-line quoting platform GeminiExpress using C#, .NET and SQL Server.
- Assist in the design, engineering and implantation of a new company website.
- Develop, test, implement and maintain business software applications, websites, databases, data warehouse and reports.
- Leverage advanced front end application and back end database construction skills to ensure the end to end operation and integrity of the application
- Utilize advanced database skills (Stored Procs, triggers, inner/outer joins, Data Modeling, etc.)
- Coordinate with business users to gather requirements, identify system problems and enhancements
- Analyze existing workflow and processes for efficiency; recommend and implement needed changes
- Provide project status reports as requested
- Assist in supporting existing applications
- Perform other duties and/or projects as assigned
The Vice President of Human Resources (VP HR) reports to the operating unit President(s) and has overall responsibility for developing and executing the human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the operating unit(s), including but not limited to succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, and training and development.The VP HR acts as a trusted partner to the leadership team(s) of assigned operating unit(s) and is the key liaison and partner with Group HR to contribute to operating unit strategies and initiatives as they relate to talent.
The VP HR fulfills the primary responsibilities of the role by executing the following duties and tasks:
- Develop and implement strategies including but not limited to talent acquisition and development, succession planning, workforce planning which align to current and future business and talent needs of the operating unit(s)
- Champion company culture and employee engagement, ensuring leaders and employees are demonstrating and accountable to WRBC core values and culture is integrated into all facets of employee life cycle (onboarding, performance management, recognition)
- Work closely with the company Presidents to ensure people strategies are consistent with and supporting the mission and vision of their organization
- Contribute to annual business planning and budget processes of operating unit(s)
- Act as primary resource to communicate HR strategies and initiatives. Also provide guidance on communication strategy for specific operating units
- Partner with the VP of Talent & Training to capture feedback on talent needs and business goals, ensuring fast and effective hiring to support new growth and backfill hiring and employee retention and development
- Partner collaboratively with business leaders and VP of Talent & Training to ensure alignment of key talent strategies across the enterprise including but not limited to development planning, professional skills development, creation of Employee development Toolkits
- Work with leadership team to establish compensation strategy for their units; provide guidance regarding execution of strategy, including the merit and bonus processes
- Proactively identify and address areas of need within the organization as it relates to human capital, providing recommendations regarding solutions and assisting leaders in executing
- Oversee and provide recommendations about the performance management process as it relates to employee development, employee separation and termination and employee discipline
- Manage employee relations issues, conduct investigations and make decisions and provide guidance as appropriate
- Communicate with WRBC Corporate HR and Legal as needed to get assistance in complex employee relations matters;
- Partner and collaborate with Group HR to deliver timely and world class service that meet current and future local business needs
- Collaborate with Group HR and the business units to set KPI’s. Develop and implement strategy. Measure effectiveness.
- Collaborate with other VP HR and others in the HR function to share ideas, resources, best practices, challenges
- Oversee administration and communication of ADA process as needed
- Proactively identify areas across operating units for process improvements, innovation, opportunities for efficiency and synergies
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensure organization’s compliance
- Manage organizational change to ensure that the change objectives are realized and the changes embedded in the culture as planned to increase employee satisfaction and productivity
- Leverage data and statistics to support or recommend business strategies
- Manage HR-related budgets in collaboration with CFO and HR Generalist including compensation and benefits costs
- Mentor and lead HR Generalist to effectively support business strategy, execute on various HR functions and develop HR skills and competencies
- Additional duties as assigned
The Senior Audit Analyst is an experienced premium auditor responsible for reviewing and performing premium audits, representing Preferred Employers with customers to insure a high quality premium audit experience and acting as a liaison between insureds and company departments. In addition, the SeniorAudit Analyst will answer policyholder questions, resolve audit disputes, assist with the management of fee audit vendors, train employees and any other general duties or projects as assigned and deemed necessary. The Senior Audit Analyst must have excellent analytical and communication skills as well as be a team player committed to customer service and continuous improvement.
- Review, bill and conduct premium audits in accordance with company and state audit guidelines insuring that the proper payroll and classifications are used for determination of premium.
- Maintain working knowledge of the California Workers’ Compensation Uniform Statistical Reporting Plan and NCCI rules.
- Resolve audit disputes.
- Communicate with brokers as necessary with regards to final audit findings.
- Notify other departments of any potential issues discovered at final audit.
- Work with senior staff to improve efficiency of audit department and enhance the customer experience.
- Act as a team leader.
- Assist with training new employees on company & WCIRB audit guidelines.
- Assist with management of fee audit vendors.
The Administrative Services Clerk performs a variety of office support functions and may specialize in one area of office services.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming mail
- Identify and distribute specialty mail on a priority basis daily
- Print and sort checks, prepare for mailing
- Data entry
- Monitor and handle incoming faxes
- Prepare and scan claim documents
- Prepare and enter claim reports
- Provide backup coverage & assistance within the department
Service contact for Underwriting, Actuary, Claims, PDM, Regulatory, Accounting, Marketing & Business Development Divisions specific to internal company applications and systems. May be assigned a specific division of focus. Responsible for identifying and defining requirements for the use of technology to improve any aspect of the processes and systems and quantification of potential business benefits. Works closely with IT developer/programmers on technical requirements and Business Sponsors to collect & provide business requirement translation in conjunction with the business units of application and system enhancements.
- Applies understanding of technology life cycles and the concepts and practices required to implement effective information systems, including general disciplines of project management.
- Analyze reported issues to identify correct course of action (new development, defect, enhancement or training need based on functional knowledge) and routes to correct team for resolution.
- Collaborates with end-users in defining business needs for the requested bug fixes and system enhancements.
- Provides requirements definition and documentation services in support of all technology projects for the Company.
- Provides general communication between IT and the business community throughout the project life cycle.
- Supports the Dev and QA team by being the “go to” for clarification on application’s expected behavior based on business and technical needs.
- Creates/Assists with the following forms of documentation, as needed, throughout the project life cycle:
- Business Requirements – including Use Cases, Story Boards
- Technical Specifications – design docs, architectural, data flow
- Functional Specifications
- UI Specifications
- Supporting Artifacts
- Non-Functional Specifications
- Supports the following forms of documentation, as needed, throughout the project life cycle:
- User Guides
- Training Materials
- Understanding of basic and complex software security concepts
- Awareness of Software Integration Systems e.g., webMethods, Tibco, SSIS
- Understanding of RDBMS principles and tools e.g., Microsoft SQL Server
- Understanding of simple to moderate technical infrastructure principles e.g., Windows Server, UNIX, Tomcat, IIS
- Understanding of programming languages and frameworks e.g., Microsoft .NET, C##, Java, etc.
- Software development experience preferably in a Microsoft shp.
- Understanding of full system data flow and have the ability to document for multiple audiences (high level in a manner easily understood by business stakeholders as well as technically in depth to guide Development and QA efforts)
- Ability to develop batch scripts and stored procedures
- Ability to trace full system integration points and translate to technical workflows
- Understanding of at least one requirements management toolset (TFS/JIRA)
- Prior experience using Balsamiq and or Visio
- Understand Data Flows and data mapping and conversion mapping for complexity ranging from Single application data flow to highly integrated systems
- Familiarity with Cloud (AZURE / AWS / GOOGLE) concepts as well as on-prem
- Familiarity with CI/CD deployment models
- Ability to create requirements for Simple to Complex projects (including Data Retention requirements, Reporting Definition and Data Security Requirements)
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understanding of Project Management methodology
- Understanding of full SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) methodologies
- Understanding of Dev/Quality/Agile & SCRUM Best Practices
- Ability to Perform Business Process Modeling (includes logical modeling, data retention, and business process modeling) for Simple to Complex projects
- Analysis, process modeling, engineering and re-engineering of business flows and procedures
- Assists Project Managers to define and coordinate project scope and required resources.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Managerial staff.
Be a part of our Rating Team! Our Commercial Insurance Raters are responsible for supporting company / commercial lines growth, profitability, and service goals through the accurate and efficient handling of new business submissions, data processing functions, clerk related policy tasks, and other various administrative tasks.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Entering and rating new business submissions for commercial lines of business for the licensed states within the company utilizing an online rating tool. Classifying risks according to current manual rules and related instructions.
- Processing basic types of change requests, such as terrorism, opt out, and driver exclusion endorsements using available data processing equipment and systems.
- Processing clerk related policy transactions including but not limited to, driver information requests, loss run requests, and requests for signed forms.
- Updating Workflow-Imaging system with required and appropriate documentation.
- Managing and organizing job duties/tasks of this position in an effective manner to meet established company/department goals and deadlines.
- Reading and comprehending instructions provided for navigation and effective use of company policy rating systems, workflow imaging system, external sites, and other system supported tools necessary to efficiently complete daily tasks.
- Contacting agents, bureaus and/or company underwriting staff regarding matters concerning assigned tasks and responding appropriately to agents or underwriting requests for information.
- Gaining additional knowledge of commercial lines insurance coverage and rating through provided resources.
- Maintain good working relationships with supervisor, associates, agents and public, and contribute to a cooperative work environment.
- Administrative tasks including but not limited to processing mail and providing phone backup.
- Assisting with mentoring of new and existing staff in the demonstration of new or existing material when requested by supervisor.
Provides vision, oversight, direction and management of the commercial Agribusiness Casualty claims unit. Implements and monitors severity, complexity management and quality assurance standards and procedures. Works collaboratively with claims leadership team to ensure effective and efficient claims services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides strategic direction and leadership for the Casualty claims unit including severity management and litigation management. Develops, plans and implements strategic and tactical plans to meet enterprise-wide business objectives.
- Identifies and monitors high severity and/or complex Casualty claims by participating in handling, reserving and resolution discussions in roundtable settings and through daily interactions with claims staff. Keeps senior claims management informed of significant developments and defensive strategies on severe or complex claims.
- Provides assistance and support in the management and evaluation of the Company's most severe and complex liability claims. Actively participates in the coverage, liability and damages analysis and development of strategy leading towards case resolution which may include correspondence and consultation with Greenwich Claims Department. Assists in the recognition of available defenses. Makes settlement decisions for cases exceeding staff authority levels.
- Directs the activities of defense counsel in order to expedite settlement of commercial agribusiness claims.
- Drives and monitors the prevention and/or control of litigation through the selection of counsel, evaluation and direction of claim and litigation strategy. Participates in law firm audits.
- Develops strategic responses to court cases against Berkley Agribusiness and its policyholders.
- Monitors and analyzes organizational performance. Develops and analyzes key performance metrics.
- Implements, monitors, and maintains quality assurance in Casualty claims via the audit process. Leverages management information to enhance team performance and identify trends. Drives for performance at all levels within the team, holding each member of the team accountable for meeting stated performance metrics and objectives.
- Attracts, coaches and develops talent. Provides frequent and specific constructive feedback to staff. Provides technical advice, direction and mentoring to Claims staff. Facilitates the development and use of individual development plans to assure ongoing professional development and casualty-based training occurs within the organization.
- Drives change to assure continuous improvement. Collaborates with cross-functional leaders to identify and implement strategies to improve results and contribute to the business unit’s goal of optimized profitability, managed growth and enhanced competitive advantage. Leads or participates in projects with other W. R. Berkley Corporation companies.
- Ensures the team’s claims handling practices are in compliance with all state statutes and regulatory / legal requirements.
- Ensure reinsurance notifications are completed and in compliance with our agreements.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the technical implementation of the ecosystem; the tools to develop applications that work with Guidewire’s ClaimCenter, and how it fits in with our organizational strategy. Apart from being highly technical, the Senior Software Engineer will play a lead role in code delivery and provide hands-on delivery guidance.
- Experience developing large, complex products on the Guidewire ClaimCenter platform
- Experience developing project components from ideation to execution
- Must develop and execute unit test cases and conduct peer code reviews in the Guidewire platform
- Must estimate the effort needed to integrate new solutions/applications with other systems
- Ability to propose creative technical solution to business problems
Travel Required: London, Continental Europe, Australia, Asia and Latin America. The overall estimated travel is 50%.
About this role
Lead and/or assist in the performance of multi-disciplinary audits completed for the international insurance and reinsurance segments of W. R. Berkley Corporation (WRBC). Continue to develop and refine the long-term plans for providing internal audit services throughout the various regions.
· Continue the ongoing development of an international multi-year audit plan. This includes the expansion and understanding of the international risk universe.
· Participate in the annual risk assessment used to develop the annual audit plans. The risk assessment should include an understanding of the WRBC Group Risk registers, the various companies’ Risk Registers, financial results, and input from key departments.
· Coordinate and develop the co-source arrangement in place for Internal Audit in the U.K and Europe.
· Enhance the interface and coordinate with Internal Audit functions existing within the segments.
· Lead and/or perform multi-disciplinary audits throughout the international insurance and reinsurance segments. This includes:
Ø Staffing and planning audits utilizing professionals from the WRBC Internal Audit Department, WRBC Operating Units, and/or the co-source provider.
Ø Assess practices, procedures, results and controls of the subject unit and/or function.
Ø Assess effectiveness of the organizational structure, staffing and management information.
Ø Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
Ø Lead and/or participate in closing meetings and Senior Management debriefings.
Ø Develop opportunities for improvement, and document issues and recommendations.
Ø Prepare written reports
· Utilize RSA Archer’s Enterprise Governance, Risk and Compliance software to document audit work papers, identify reportable issues, monitor Sarbanes Oxley 404 testing progress, and follow-up on remedial actions.
· Coordinate with the Global Sarbanes Oxley Coordinators to ensure that Management’s testing is appropriately executed and the results reported across the international segments.
· Be acquainted with regulatory requirements and changes as defined by key regulators such as Lloyds of London, the Prudential Regulatory Authority (U.K.), the Financial Conduct Authority (U.K.), the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA), and the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA).
· Interact with key contacts throughout the international segments such as individual Risk Officers and the respective Audit Committee members.
· Contribute to the development of the Internal Audit Department team members.
Consult and evaluate commercial operations in the human and animal food production, processing and distribution space. Regularly interact with owners, managers, employees, agents and underwriting to determine the type and level of exposures present and controls needed. Determines customer’s ability to control the exposures by gathering information through physical surveys, program audits, loss history analysis, comparison to industry standards and customer interviews. Provides training, mentoring, specialized technical advice and counsel to staff. Assists underwriting with risk selection and ongoing account management.
A leadership role with responsibility for the coordination and implementation of the underwriting review process. Extensive and diversified technical property, casualty and specialty underwriting experience will be utilized to evaluate W. R. Berkley Operating Units’ underwriting practices and procedures based on their business strategies, focus, guidelines and financial return goals. The Leader will work with a team of underwriting experts from other W. R. Berkley Operating Units or outsourced partners and communicate results and value added recommendations to Senior Management.
Reviews include examination of individual underwriting files for: risk selection; underwriting; pricing, use and adequacy of rating models; wordings including coverage provided and other terms and conditions; rate rule and form compliance; limits management; use of loss control and/or risk management, use of facultative reinsurance; and quoting, binding and issuance process. In addition, the process can include an evaluation of the management of producers and distribution channels, delegated underwriting authorities, service standards, aggregations, exposures, emerging issues and interaction with claims and actuarial functions.
- Lead a value added Underwriting review process that provides Management with an independent assessment of the underwriting of the Operating Unit’s portfolio and/or a specific class of business.
- Develop and maintain relationships and communication with corporate Segment Heads, Actuaries, SVP Enterprise Risk Management and SVP Claims.
- Continuously improve the Underwriting review process and reporting procedures through automation, standardization and a current understanding of the underwriting environment, market conditions, competition and other factors facing the industry.
- Ensure that reviews are well planned, thorough and useful and achieve the goals of confirming and enhancing underwriting, risk selection, pricing and processes at operating units
- Maintain and improve necessary skills to conduct a review and report on the underwriting practices, pricing, and risk selection.
- Utilize product level knowledge to consider whether the Operating Unit’s pricing and underwriting policies and other procedures are applied correctly and consistently.
- Assess the effectiveness of the organizational structure, staffing, and management information.
- Analyze key performance metrics in order to determine whether the Operating Units are achieving Operating Plans and goals.
- Staff and plan the review (reviews are primarily staffed with underwriters from W. R. Berkley’s other operating units).
- Lead interviews with departmental personnel and Senior Management.
- Coordinate the work of the review team members.
- Document the work performed and the findings.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Lead closing meetings and deliver feedback.
- Prepare written reports and recommendations.
- Follow- up on implementation of recommendations.
Berkley Agribusiness, a provider of property and casualty insurance solutions for select commercial agribusiness accounts, has an exciting employment opportunity for a Risk Control Specialist to service agribusiness and food product customers.
Located in the Western (California) Region, this position will be responsible for providing on –site risk control surveys for both prospective and existing policyholder locations for the purposes of gathering underwriting information and providing suggestions for risk improvement.
Specific duties include, but not limited to:
- Surveying commercial agribusiness properties (buildings, industrial operations, etc.)
- Consulting with insured's in regards to activities and programs available to control losses and improve safety
- Providing training, mentoring, specialized technical advice and counsel to internal staff regarding regulations
- Contributing to the development of safety materials and program.
Work with team to underwrite new business submissions and help service book of business and meet overall business objectives. Risk transactions include, but are not limited to new business underwriting, inspections, endorsements, renewal underwriting and audits.
- Review and Underwrite new business submissions for acceptability according to authority granted.
- Serve as the primary back up for the Territory Manager and the Underwriting team.
- Review and underwrite fast track and non-fast track renewals as needed, based upon authority granted, achieving renewal premium retention and rate change objectives.
- Make sound risk and pricing decisions that achieve profitable loss ratios.
- Maintain underwriting quality score of 90% or greater. Document underwriting file to support acceptability and pricing in accordance with company guidelines.
- Achieve designated customer service standards.
- Provide detailed issuance instructions to ensure policy is delivered consistent with quoted terms and conditions and in accordance with established guidelines relative
- to policy construction.
- Review mid-term endorsement requests for acceptability up to the authority granted.
- Review inspections to confirm accounts written are consistent with preliminary underwriting information and refer to underwriter when the inspection reveals
- unacceptable risk characteristics.
- Utilize various underwriting tools to determine acceptable risk characteristics, accurate classifications, insurance to value, calculate rates, etc.
- Review audits and refer to underwriter based upon authority granted.
- Assist with training, mentoring and coaching of less experienced team members.