The candidate will be responsible for the review and risk analysis of various WRBC exposure portfolios, reinsurance structuring, negotiation and successful placement of reinsurance treaties that protect WRBC's portfolio of insurance operations around the globe. In this position the candidate will interact with key decision makers within WRB and work in a consultative and collaborative manner in order to address a variety of risk appetites within the firm and for the organization as a whole.
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full-time Regional Sales Manager to develop profitable business initiatives in an assigned territory by devising detailed, focused sales plan to identify target markets needed to hit sales goals, directing distribution of Group Captive products in assigned region and any unassigned states through network of preferred producers, and creating new distribution outlets and facilitating marketing efforts to utilize alternative distribution methods; i.e. cross marketing through the Berkley family of companies, email blasts and newsletters, and attending industry events and seminars.
Regional Sales Manager essential duties include:
- Develop group captive program opportunities through credentialed broker partners
- Generate and facilitate pre-qualified submissions for all established programs through credentialed broker partrners
- Provide regular feedback to Home Office on successes and failures in the program and partner development process to allow for adjustments and improve close ratio
- Provide monthly updates on pipeline, current, and future activity
- Continue to expand product education and develop cross-selling opportunities within territory
- Be a proactive listener with customers by identifying needs and collaborating with Home Office to derive innovative solutions
Under the direction the SVP, Service Manager, the Life Sciences Renewal underwriter Responsible for the execution of the strategy that enables the long-term profitable retention of all Berkley Life Sciences products for an assigned group of producers. The Service Underwriter will grow and maintain relationships with producers and insureds.
· Manage assigned book to meet or exceed profitability, rate, retention, and product mix goals.
· Incorporate input from sales underwriters and brokers to support and shape products and strategy
· Build strong relationships with producers to effectively manage and optimize producer performance.
· Responsible for identifying cross sell opportunities and completing the analysis including all pricing and documentation for existing customers.
· Operate with an enterprise mind set to identify cross sell opportunities and create growth with other with other lines of business (International and Management Liability).
· Provide technical support to producers and insureds
· Assist in training of underwriting colleagues on technical underwriting and workflow topics.
· Stay current with all compliance, procedural and workflow changes.
· Work collaboratively and effectively with customer service, legal, home office underwriting and claims
Under the direction the Field Underwriting Territory Manager the Life Sciences Production Underwriter is responsible for the new business marketing and production, renewal underwriting and service of business for an assigned group of producers.
· Build strong relationships with brokers to ensure you meet or exceed financial goals including growth, profit, retention, and new business.
· Responsible for account solicitation, risk selection and analysis including the corresponding documentation, pricing and marketing of Berkley Life Sciences products and services for new and existing customers.
· Business development results for assigned territories
· Identify opportunities for account rounding.
· Provide technical support to producers and insureds
· Stay current with all compliance, procedural and workflow changes.
· Work collaboratively and effectively with, underwriting associate, operations, legal, home office underwriting and claims
The Vice President of Business Development is accountable for providing overall direction and leadership for the Company’s Agency and Production source operation. Partners with the Executive team to ensure effective marketing, planning and execution resulting in retention, growth and profitability of business. Leads and influences agencies through creation and execution of sales strategies that drive new sales, profit and retention. Identifies new distribution opportunities and makes agency appointments in line with the strategic direction of the Company. Grows BNP’s presence and relevancy in key agencies that will drive profitable production for the Company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Serves as the primary relationship, sales and business development leader for the Company. Establishes and executes strategies and programs necessary to enhance relationships with agencies which results in the production of profitable business for the Company.
Lead agency planning, budgeting and goal setting for the Company. Work directly with agents to develop annual business plans that maximize our opportunity to achieve desired profitable growth. Lead agency/state reviews that include internal process compliance, results vs goals, profitability, etc. Develop pro-active corrective actions as needed. Oversee all aspects of agency relationship with company. Take an active and participative role in the execution of agency visits.
In support of the Company business plans, expand the distribution network by selecting agencies that meet the business fit and production criteria established by company. Develop an effective distribution vision and plan for the Company to maximize various production sources and their opportunities in support of company profit and production goals. Delivering comprehensive state and regional information including, but not limited to market activity, competitive environment and intelligence, regulatory and compliance matters, economic drivers, and distribution.
Ensures that tools, training and support are in place to positively impact success for the agencies and the Company. Identifies and provides training needs and opportunities where applicable.
With support from the Executive team members, be the lead Officer in developing and executing a sales culture throughout all departments of BNP.
May participate in enterprise projects or initiative, as well as participate in other related duties as assigned by the President.
The incumbent may manage/supervise others based on the needs of the Company. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Join our team as a Commercial Lines Underwriter evaluating acceptability of individual risks and determining terms, conditions and pricing to achieve company profit and growth objectives. Work with agents/brokers to develop productive and profitable relationships and to ensure compliance with company underwriting guidelines.
Be a part of a high energy team with an entrepreneurial spirited company and have a meaningful impact in our organization!
Making an impact includes:
- Underwriting new business by reviewing the application for acceptability, requesting additional information, if necessary, and accepting or rejecting risks in conformance with company guidelines.
- Underwriting within authority set forth by Commercial Lines Vice President and within confines of company's reinsurance treaties and corresponds with agency to collect additional information.
- Underwriting renewal business by reviewing insured's file, producing agency's experience, nature and frequency of losses, loss control surveys, motor vehicle reports, and prior carrier loss experience.
- Assisting Commercial Lines Vice President in development of new products, pricing, or coverage's needed.
- Developing productive and profitable relationships with agents.
- Maintaining an established loss ratio.
- Meeting established production goals and delivers timely service.
- Serving as the staff liaison for the assigned line in disseminating line updates and developing staff.
- Traveling within the assigned territory to facilitate customer development and relationship through agency visitation and prospect calls.
- Pursuing a program of continuing education by participating in industry sponsored and company sponsored educational courses.
- Assisting in training of other personnel as directed.
Ideal candidate will have 8-10 years or more of commercial general liability claims experience, with significant experience in complex coverage and litigated claims. Specific knowledge and expertise in New York Labor law and construction related claims are critical to this role. New York Adjuster License a plus.
Candidates must be capable of working under limited supervision and working with a remote manager. In this role, the claims professional investigates, evaluates, negotiates, and resolves litigated and non-litigated bodily injury, property damage, personal and advertising injury, and claims of high exposure and complexity.
This position is located in Manhattan, New York. Some travel would be required.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Analyze coverage, identify coverage issues, and prepare coverage letters for supervisor approval
- Focus on specialized claims in the area of construction defect
- Investigate and evaluate liability
- Investigate and evaluate damages
- Manage litigation by assigning counsel from the approved panel where applicable, establish litigation plan and budget, coordinate with defense counsel, and continuously review the potential for resolution.
- Establish timely reserves within authority and re-evaluate throughout the life of the claim
- Maintain up-to-date, appropriate file documentation and written file notes
- Maintain an active diary and productive file inventory
- Timely completion of all required large loss reporting
- Negotiate settlements within authority limit granted, and attend mediations, Mandatory Settlement Conferences, and/or Alternative Dispute Resolutions
- Proactively control the work product and expense of outside vendors
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships and provide superior customer service
- Timely identify all potential opportunities for co-insurance, transfer of risk and/or subrogation
- Ability to Work with designated assigned accounts
- Recognize and investigate fraud
- Comply with deductible/self-insured retention recovery protocol
- Meet all State licensing requirements
- Adhere to all statutory regulations, Unfair Claims Practices acts, and corporate Best Practices
- Demonstrated success in handling cases that involve New York Labor law is critical for this role
EmCap Account Manager Job Summary:
- Provide account support to customers, brokers and program sponsors for their captive program.
- Handle and manage day to day activity with stop loss accounts in assigned captive programs.
EmCap Account Manager Essential duties include:
- Preparation of EmCap Illustrations on an as needed basis.
- Manage all aspects of stop loss account activity post sale (new business and renewal) for an account including collection of outstanding requirements for policy issuance
- Schedule and conduct onboarding calls, when necessary to ensure a positive initial customer experience
- Establish account files through onboarding process, including contact information, EOR and reimbursement set up, updating the EmCap database, initiating reporting with TPAs, setting up commissions and assignment of account manager in DY (Sales Administrator)
- Initiate the collection of necessary data for underwriter to perform renewal underwriting, when requested.
- Client Service contact for management and oversight on employer client stop loss activity including claims payment inquiries, premium submissions, commissions and overrides. Identify and resolve any issues that come up in these areas.
- Review A/R reporting monthly, pursue any overdue premiums and work with Premium Collection team to ensure that all shortfalls or overpayments are resolved satisfactorily. When necessary, prepare reconciliations to resolve discrepancies in premium payments.
- Upon request, prepare Schedule A – Form 5500 requests for information.
- Review commission payment summaries monthly for accuracy and take any remediation on a timely basis to ensure that incorrect payments are minimized.
As a Business Translator Design Lead for Berkley Small Business, you will play an integral part in changing the way commercial insurance is delivered. The role will allow you to apply cutting-edge technology and work with sophisticated vendors to help solve a variety of business problems. Your contributions could be add value immediately as you join a team committed to implementing the best technology to our customers. This creates an environment where technology will be quickly implemented and have a real impact on the business. The role will provide exposure to a wide range of commercial insurance products and platforms.
- Work side by side with our vendor partners to lead the business requirements and implementation to design a market leading and data driven agency experience to allow our agents to quickly quote, book, and issue Small Commercial policies
- Create workflows for all future portal consumers including agents, regional companies, and SBS employees
- Serve as the translator of the insurance industry to our vendor partners, to ensure the portal meets all scenarios to ensure an exceptional customer experience
- Business ownership of the platform including requirements capturing, design, testing, workflow, and implementation to the regional organizations
- Serve as the business lead in all phases of development including implementation into the Regional companies
- Drive the creation of a business testing strategy and plan with input from IT and product teams
- Establish best practices to capture requirement to support building in a fast passed environment
- Be agile and open minded in the development approach and challenge solutions to create the most innovative technology driven outcome
- Clearly communicate status and progress to senior leaders
To perform workers’ compensation claims adjudication and investigation. Responsible for all technical aspects of claim management for assigned files including compliance with all established performance guidelines.
- Properly investigate and handle all types of workers’ compensation files including lost time, litigation and long term exposure within predetermined claim-handling guidelines.
- Initiate return-to-work discussions with the employer and effect return-to-work for the injured worker.
- Establish timely and appropriate case reserves
- Investigate and manage subrogation and negotiate settlements.
- Use automated diary system to issue indemnity benefits and provide claim management.
- Accurately calculate and pay wage loss and other benefits.
- Assign rehabilitation and monitor costs and outcomes.
- Document all action plans and evaluations for claim resolution.
- Maintain organized electronic files.
- Interact with clients to establish/improve communication and service capabilities.
- Interact and communicate with state agencies, attorneys and other providers.
- Address customer complaints and inquiries in an exemplary and professional manner.
- Achieve specific performance outcomes related to quality and quantity of work as established by management.
- Provide cost containment for individual claim and overall claim costs for account to achieve account profitability.
- Approve medical and rehabilitation payments for check entry staff or define medical and rehabilitation payment parameters for WC Claim Technicians per office procedure.
- Conduct in person claim reviews when scheduled or requested.
- Perform the duties noted in the position descriptions in accordance with the BRAC Claim Handling Guidelines - Workers' Compensation
- Occasional travel may be out of town requiring overnight stay.
May perform other functions as assigned.
The Data Scientist may be responsible for leading or participating in the cross departmental collaboration to define and develop predictive modeling initiatives and building, refining, and improving existing models as well as developing new techniques and applications to different areas of the company. This position leads or participates with cross-departmental collaboration and communication of complex technical models as well as leads or participates with the implementation of the models on behalf of Actuarial & Advanced Analytics including interfacing with Information Services, Underwriting, Claims, Finance, and Sales.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Adapts and develops rating methodologies for both existing and new company products using advanced techniques to incorporate new variables, etc., in pursuit of a competitive advantage and creation of economic profit opportunities. Helps shape the overall advanced analytics strategy for the organization.
Identifies, retrieves, and prepares data in support of actuarial analysis through R, SQL, Essbase, and other data sources. Includes internal data (exposure, premium, loss, claims, price, etc.) and various forms of external data (bureau loss costs, bureau trends, macroeconomic data, market share, market pricing, etc.)
Ensures the accuracy and suitability of data for the business need at hand. Manipulates data, performs preliminary analysis and interprets data through various analytics platforms. Summarizes and presents recommendations.
Supports the transformation of business intelligence tools from static reporting to dashboards, increasing data visualization and availability, supporting cross-division collaboration, and operationalizing advanced analytics.
Supports the actuarial function in identifying segments with profitable growth potential and underperforming segments. Assists in proposing corrective actions to improve profitability.
Performs advanced analytics and modeling techniques including but not limited to generalized linear modeling and other forms of multivariate analysis. This role is expected to build, refine, and improve existing models as well as develop new techniques and applications to different areas of the company.
In additional to regular modeling responsibilities, this person will use critical thinking skills and apply advanced modeling techniques, including but not limited to AI/Machine Learning, to provide insights and solve business problems including techniques such as classification and regression trees, random forests, neural networks, clustering, and other machine learning techniques.
May participate in other departmental deliverables and activities such as enterprise risk management (including support for catastrophe management), economic capital modeling, rate reviews, loss reserving, and planning. Provides innovation and leadership when applicable.
Leads the innovation and efficiency efforts related to tools and analysis in support of Underwriting’s pricing decisions with respect to large accounts as well as small commercial portfolio price adequacy analyses.
Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
This an entry level commercial insurance position that supports underwriters through the rating and computing of premiums on policies and endorsements. Including preparation for policy writing and statistical coding
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Rate package and excess policies
- Rate and compute premium on quotes, polices and endorsements; including experience and ISO ratings.
- Issue policies and endorsements
- Prepare rating worksheets
- Contact outside companies regarding ancillary lines of coverage
- Work with agents/brokers, supplying appropriate data
- Process and resolve requests on accounts
May perform other functions as assigned.
The claims service representative will provide customer service and clerical support to our claims operation and other departments (client services, underwriting) as needed
- Reviews and sets up new loss assignments in a timely manner in compliance with
- Department guidelines and best practices.
- Provide general customer service and clerical support including answering telephone calls and taking messages, processing incoming and outgoing email and faxes as well as all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Provide data entry for all new claims as well as checks, reserves or other entry required by supervisor
- Assist adjusters in data entry to report ISO Index and Medicare queries.
- Prepare and maintain logs that may be required for various reports.
- Order reports or other documents that may be required by the department (i.e. police, etc.)
- Purge and log closed files quarterly.
- Enter W-9’s.
- Proactively manages low value, low complexity fast-track claim files from inception to closure
- Appropriately and clearly documents all claim file activity, including plan of action and plan to resolve in file notes.
- Consistently demonstrates coverage analysis, investigation, evaluation and negotiation
- skills at a basic level.
- Responsible for timely responding to customer and vendor inquiries
NON-ESSENTIAL WORK REQUIREMENTS
- Assumes other tasks and duties as assigned by management
- WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
- Interacts continuously with all levels of employees and various departments
- Must exhibit professional behavior at all times while representing the company
- Contribute to a cooperative work environment.
The Information Security Architect is responsible for coordinating and consulting on the day to day management and execution of the Information Security program. Through effective governance routines, project and program execution tracking, this leader will support all Information Security verticals in their efforts to improve and mature the security posture of the firm.
As a Security Architect, this individual will also participate in the organization's evaluation of emerging technologies in Cyber Security space. More specifically, this role will require that the successful candidate can evaluate the potential cyber security opportunity for an emerging technology, understand the applicability to our corporate and operating units, build compelling business cases, and communicate these concepts across leadership. The Security Strategist will be responsible for working with the team and our various partners to establish and communicate points of view, while working with the business leadership to evaluate investments, staffing, target markets, and ROI expectations for areas of emerging technology that are recommended for pursuit. The successful candidate should be accomplished in building business cases, including financial projections that clearly articulate the mission and anticipated goals of any particular investment strategy.
This leader will assist the Head of Security Architecture in the continuous development and documentation of the Information Security program while keeping up to date on industry best practices, upcoming regulatory requirements, and emerging technologies to help ensure that WRBC can take a proactive approach to information security.
This position provides support for various member companies of Berkley Shared Services. The position involves rate indications across multiple lines of business and specialty business statements; gathering business requirements, development of custom spreadsheets, databases, and reports; communication and interaction with both internal and external resources; work with teams creating predictive models; rate filing support including rate indications for DOIs and support for coverage rates; competitive filing research and analysis; and special projects as assigned.
- Provide rate filing support including creating rate indications to send to the state DOIs, and development of proprietary rate support where needed.
- Perform rate indications including trend studies and predictive modeling to determine rate needs across a shared platform.
- Assist in analysis of rate and rule changes to provide member companies prospective estimates of regulatory changes in the platform.
- Conduct research and analyze competitor filings as needed to support development of new rating rules on the Shared platform.
- Assists in the development, maintenance, and oversight of various databases, software, and other technological tools in support of the overall Berkley Shared Services platform.
- Develops effective working relationships with our customers and Shared Services teams through a demonstrated degree of knowledge, professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Other duties as assigned.
As respects the Berkley Shared Services (BSS) platform:
In addition to creating and submitting state filings, this role will be a team lead for a filing staff. The role includes monitoring filing metrics, monitoring of bureau filing activity, creation of accurate rate/rule/form filings for submission to various state departments of insurance including responding to state objections, communication of approved filings, writing of business requirements for systems implementation of changes, and various testing of such system implementation.
- Supervise a small team doing filings and communications with IT on system implementation.
- Monitor reports on filing metrics to enforce standards and reduce discrepancies between filings and systems.
- Review bureau circulars and coordinate with Product Development and Actuarial staff.
- Create and submit accurate rate/rule/form filings.
- Address state concerns, with input from BSS Operating Units, Product Development, and Actuarial.
- Develop clear, concise and accurate business requirements for system implementation.
- Populate and update various data repositories i.e. Filings Database, Reference Connect, SharePoint.
- Perform Testing on Genesys system as assigned.
- Assist Product Development with LOB projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
The primary function for the Senior Facility Manager is to manage and support the business by implementation and delivery of all facilities /business management activities in an innovative, cost effective and efficient manner, within our Greenwich location. Ownership and responsibility for all Facilities Management and Health & Safety services to ensure a safe, secure, comfortable working environment that is fully compliant with and conforms to all local and state codes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage Greenwich facility operations - having responsibility for renovations, necessary projects, procurement and contract management, building and grounds maintenance; cleaning; catering and vending; health & safety; utilities and space management in addition to usage reports and analysis.
- Full understanding to the necessary maintenance and operation of HVAC including all AHUs, Chillers, Boilers, etc.
- Monitoring of BMS system including all temperature set points and controls.
- Assists in operations and maintenance issues, troubleshooting and problem solving as required.
- Recommends and implements improvements for preventive maintenance programs on an on-going basis and develop/maintain effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals.
- Oversees all building systems including fire/life safety, plumbing, HVAC and electrical issues and must remain current with latest HVAC technology trends.
- Manage and work with selected vendors to maintain building equipment, systems and furniture, including, but not limited to: HVAC, irrigation, sprinkler, fire alarm, electrician, plumbers, drywall, locksmith, landscapers and furniture installers.
- Track performance and implementation of procedures and policies ensuring that relevant legislation is complied with and all team members are trained on policies and procedures.
- Perform key holder responsibilities with 24 hour/7 days a week attitude.
- Manage all changing projects without sacrificing user satisfaction during moves and expansions.
- Purchase necessary office equipment and furniture, working with Procurement to make sure we use preferred vendors wherever possible.
- Attain full understanding of the security/photo ID program/ VCTV/ fire systems within the facility.
- Work closely with city officials and contractors as necessary to ensure the buildings proper safety code and continuous necessary building and ground improvements.
- Ensure appropriate governance, advice, monitoring, policies, processes, records and training are in place in all locations to meet and exceed where possible statutory Health and Safety requirements. Working with the relevant enforcing authorities as required.
- Management and accountability for overall business services budget.
- Anticipate future developments with the buildings, their grounds, infrastructure, décor and other features in advance, ensuring that adequate planning and budgetary provision is made for maintenance and repair works and that continuity of service is optimized.
- Identify contracts maturing / arising and plan for appropriate allocation of these contracts in advance, in line with the procurement policy.
- To lead, manage and develop direct reports to maximize team performance and output by ensuring team members receive regular feedback through one to ones, team meetings, reviews and ad hoc feedback.
- To ensure that Team members receive effective communication, training and development that is aligned to their roles and supports team progression.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Middle Market Practice Leader (MMPL) will be an integral part of the newly-formed Berkley Healthcare Financial Lines leadership team. The candidate will work closely with the head of BHFL in developing the underwriting protocols and procedures for the middle market business. The MMPL will also develop the middle market marketing strategy with the head of BHFL and the Distribution Manager. The MMPL will be responsible for handling new and renewal business throughout the placement process from underwriting submission receipt to policy issuance initially and take on managerial responsibilities as staff grows maintaining a smaller book. The candidate will serve in an “all hands on deck” capacity, wearing several hats in a start-up environment. At BHFL we are hiring for the future. Career opportunities are not limited by your initial position, especially for those who join us on the first part of our journey.
- Work closely with Head of BHFL in developing middle market underwriting protocols and procedures
- Work in tandem with Distribution and Marketing Manager as well as Head of BHFL to develop middle market marketing strategy.
- Manage middle market underwriting staff as company grows.
- Determine risk acceptability in accordance with underwriting risk appetite and guidelines
- Prepare thorough underwriting analyses with detailed exposure analysis and independent underwriter assessment
- Make pricing, coverage, terms and conditions determinations and recommendations within defined limits/authority and underwriting guidelines and authority parameters
- Develop, grow and maintain a profitable, diversified book of business aligned with company goals
- Ensure production and loss ratio goals are achieved for assigned book by reviewing, analyzing and evaluating information and taking appropriate action as necessary
- Develop positive agency relationships within assigned territory while maintaining a good rapport through responsive levels of service
- Coordinate marketing activities including travel in coordination with Distribution and Marketing Manager
- Foster growth of less experienced staff in a positive and growth-oriented environment
- Actively self-educate as to line of business, industry and insurance trends including exposures, claims, legal, legislative, healthcare, current events, self-improvement and innovation
The Data Engineer will be providing data development and analysis at a moderately complex level involving troubleshooting data issues, data extract creation, and ETL development and support. This individual will work within a team environment that provides data resource development and support for several companies. They will be responsible for analyzing, designing and coding solutions for rapidly growing companies supporting the property & casualty insurance industry.
- Demonstrates a robust understanding of all business data processes/processing for a system, and the related data structures.
- Can produce significant new system functionality or defect resolution with minimal direction.
- Creates design specifications that demonstrate an understanding of most interfacing systems and supported business processes.
- Routinely proposes improvements to a data process and/or structure to improve supportability or usability.
- Can perform adequate peer review on any changes in the system.
- Can be consulted to provide recommendations to solve business issues based on experience and knowledge of current technology.
- Demonstrates understanding of data processes and/or structures.
- Will be required to communicate with employees primarily up to the mid-level within both company and client companies.
- May provide mentorship to others.
- May begin to develop sphere of influence with other teams.
- Will be required to communicate and coordinate within the team.
- May be responsible for on-call rotation.
- Some travel required up to 20%