Click column header to sort
The Project Portfolio Analyst will be the Project Portfolio Management software tool expert. This role will be responsible for developing reports used in analyzing the company’s project portfolio. A successful candidate will be able to learn not only the software tool, but also the various portfolio project management processes. The role will deal with project owners, so customer service skills are required.
The Commercial Product Manager is responsible for the company’s product portfolio. Regularly reviews and manages the product set (feature/functionality) for appropriateness of financials, marketing strategy, market competitiveness, customer experience, regulatory compliance, risk management, as well as efficiency of performance and go-to-market delivery. Synchronizes all related functional areas related to product design, pricing and management for the successful roll outs of projects and/or products.
- Assumes accountability for the oversight and progression of business projects (Underwriting and Actuarial) to achieve desired company business objectives. Owns assigned product lines in the following ways: acts as single point of contact for the end user; ensures the right features are developed; and sets strategic alignment and prioritizing. Shares a passion of collaboration and execution in conjunction with IT partners.
- Leads project prioritization and ensures roll out effectiveness. Coordinates and prioritizes all projects, technologies, and software and hardware changes. Participates in special committees to achieve desired project and/or product outcome.
- Collaborates and communicates with all business units to develop and prepare for all changes in underwriting procedures and directions to maintain compliance. Monitors timelines throughout project life. Makes recommendations to revise project and/or product plans on an on-going basis.
- Reviews all current proprietary forms (for all lines of business) to ensure compliance against ISO filings and compliance against the company’s strategic goals and vision. Initiates and managers projects for form changes and monitors and reviews circulars, law changes and market trends against the company’s legacy portfolio. Ensures that any/all coverage changes made in the past and future forward do not subject the company to any possible claim reformation situations.
- Works with Staff Underwriting to ensure underwriting guidelines align with rate plan and product changes and align with corporate strategy.
- Serves as a liaison and technical product/project resource contact for the Pricing, Underwriting, Processing, Claims, Sales and IT/BTS departments.
- Works with Berkley regional product managers to coordinate shared regional projects within the Berkley regional framework.
Key Risk is looking for an enthusiastic professional who will be responsible for the management of medical only workers’ compensation claims.
- Maintain good lines of communication with employers, adjusters, and providers
- Discuss with an employer, issues relative to an injured workers’ return to work status
- Request medical notes, proper billing format, and other written/verbal information from employers and medical providers to determine appropriateness of payment of medical bills and whether a claim is truly medical only
- Timely and accurately reserve for medical only claims assigned
- Document relevant written and oral communication received relative to medical-only claims in the log notes
- Discuss with an employee, issues relative to whether a bill has been paid or whether travel or medical reimbursement has been issued
- Assist in the management of communication of the unit with customers, providers and injured employees
- Enter medical notes into claim log as required
- Index images as needed
- Identify potential subrogation claims and notify appropriate supervisor
To perform workers’ compensation claims adjudication and investigation. Responsible for all technical aspects of claim management for assigned including compliance with all established performance guidelines.
- Properly investigate and handle all types of workers’ compensation files including lost time, litigation and long term exposure within predetermined claim-handling guidelines.
- Initiate return-to-work discussions with the employer and effect return-to-work for the injured worker.
- Establish timely and appropriate case reserves
- Investigate and manage subrogation and negotiate settlements.
- Use automated diary system to issue indemnity benefits and provide claim management.
- Accurately calculate and pay wage loss and other benefits.
- Assign rehabilitation and monitor costs and outcomes.
- Document all action plans and evaluations for claim resolution.
- Maintain organized electronic files.
- Interact with clients to establish/improve communication and service capabilities.
- Interact and communicate with state agencies, attorneys and other providers.
- Address customer complaints and inquiries in an exemplary and professional manner.
- Achieve specific performance outcomes related to quality and quantity of work as established by management.
- Provide cost containment for individual claim and overall claim costs for account to achieve account profitability.
- Define medical and rehabilitation payment parameters staff.
May perform other functions as assigned.
The Operations Manager provides strategic direction and leadership for the company's Operations business unit. Contributes to the successful achievement of company objectives by collaborating with leaders across the organization in the development of efficient and effective business processes. Proactively participates with the senior management team in developing and executing strategic plans.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates the operation of various company processes and workflows related to service, production and policy distribution.
- Evaluates and monitors procedures to recommend modifications to management for improvement of operating efficiency and reduction/control of productivity costs.
- Collaborates with the Data Analytics team to develop management reports and performance tracking tools to ensure that operations are aligned with customer needs and company goals.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the Underwriting Services, Facilities and Administrative teams.
- Coordinates relationships with external vendors related to rating and underwriting processes, including staff access to vendor systems.
- Prepares and manages department budget and resources including explaining variances and related reporting.
- Develops and maintains relationships with other W.R. Berkley Regional Operations officers to capitalize on business opportunities and efficiencies.
- In conjunction with company leadership teams, evaluates the present and future needs for real estate, owned or leased on a company wide basis. Oversees management of building maintenance, security and fleet management.
- Working with IT, HR and other leaders as needed, develops and maintains safety procedures, business continuity plans and emergency response plans for all locations of Berkley North Pacific.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws
- Creates a high performance culture through effective communication, quality goal setting and proactive management of performance.
- Provides regular and effective feedback, coaching and guidance. Establishes development plans for employees to address knowledge gaps and facilitate career growth.
- Partners with Human Resources to make hiring, termination and compensation decisions.
The Underwriting Consultant will function as the Food Specialty program lead, providing food product expertise across the organization. This position will function as a subject-matter-expert, responsible for program development and strategy. Will lead the execution of program goals including the refinement of underwriting guidelines, driving pipeline growth, the addition of new agency relationships and managing exposures in achieving the company’s strategy, growth and profitability objectives.
- Provides technical underwriting expertise and support the food specialty program in achieving the company’s strategy, growth, and profitability objectives. Analyzes competitive market intelligence to identify trends. Provides guidance regarding the unit’s performance, financial results, profitability, business mix, competitors, and market trends. Recommends adjustments as they relate to financial targets.
- Serves as a technical underwriting resource for Business Development, Risk Services, Claims and Premium Audit staffs. Includes specific subject-matter-expertise for industry fields or lines of business, where appropriate. Provides guidance on technically complex referrals from field underwriting operations including coverage design and reinsurance. Monitors facultative reinsurance placements.
- Participates in Business Development activities, including consultation with underwriters on individual renewals and new business opportunities. Includes direct interaction with agencies and review of opportunities with Business Development and Marketing teams. May include direct underwriting of individual risks, including review and acceptance of risk, quote and negotiation of terms, and issuance of policy with appropriate terms and conditions.
- May include direct interaction with key customers or prospects to manage services and to demonstrate expertise and credibility on behalf of the company. May include attendance of industry events or trade conferences to further develop expertise and enhance company presence in the industry.
- Performs periodic reviews portfolio-level review of accounts and trends to ensure sound underwriting practices. Conducts underwriting audits of individual risks for compliance with company guidelines, state regulations, and reinsurance. Develops and amends company underwriting rules and guidelines.
- Participates in development and/or delivery of training material for the regional or business unit staff. Includes customized training, provided to groups or individuals, specific to areas of defined subject-matter-expertise, or other areas as needed. May include review of candidates and participation in the hiring process for individual underwriters, including onboarding based on subject-matter-expertise.
Provides technical advice and guidance to Claims Representatives in the evaluation of commercial transportation claims. Direct handles select physical damage claims.
- Monitors and provides guidance to Claims Representatives in the evaluation of commercial transportation property losses including review of repair estimates, total loss evaluations, supplement reviews, subrogation reviews, salvage values, cargo assistance and coverage interpretation. Direct handles select physical damage claims. Correctly enters claim data into claim and related systems for reporting purposes.
- Conducts training related to physical damage, salvage and total losses. Provides technical advice and guidance to claims staff through effective coaching and counseling.
- Posts salvage items to the CWG salvage website and awards salvage at closing. Completes all title work and collects proceeds from buyer.
- Participates in special projects designed to improve the organization’s performance in the commercial transportation property claims process.
Carolina Casualty is looking for an experienced financial professional who will provide leadership and coordination of business unit’s financial reporting, planning, analysis and management reporting. This position will assist Business unit management with special projects, profitability analysis, business expansion support, etc.
- Oversee daily operations of the Finance department
- Direct and coordinate business unit’s GAAP and Management reporting
- Analyze operating results on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Develop forecasting models to assist Senior Leadership with business decision support
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements
- Direct financial and SOX audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Work with department managers to develop the annual budget and plan
- Monitor expenses and suggest productivity improvements and/or expense saving initiatives
- Manage billing and cash receipts processes
- Administer collateral program by performing credit risk evaluations
- Supervise professional team of accountants who perform transactional accounting
The Desktop Services Engineer is responsible for the design, documentation, implementation and support of Windows Server based operating systems as well as Design, implementation, deployment, and support of desktop technologies. Regular job responsibilities will involve making design decisions, developing team standards, and documentation that is based on the goals of project initiatives and/or changing business needs. Research solutions providing functional and technical written evaluations of products and operating system upgrades and patches. Create desktop and laptop build processes. Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and develop resolutions to complex problems. Creates software install packages for all desktop applications to ensure installation procedures are consistent. Provides automated procedures for testing, configuration, and implementation of desktops. Create and validate standard images and ensure proper documentation is completed and verified. Monitors the performance of desktop systems including the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI). The position will also need to play a substantial support role involving a variety of technologies, customer and team driven projects, handling trouble tickets on a priority basis, participation in tasks related to Service Desk and Desktop support service orders required to meet customer needs. A comprehensive performance management plan will involve the identification, discussion and implementation of personal and business related objectives and goals aimed at career and team development.
This position will provide support and assistance for various applications and teams within the Regional Shared Services (RSS) member companies. This includes providing the first level of support for both our internal and external customers. Support may be provided via telephone, email, electronic chat and in person. This position is also responsible for Quality and Acceptance Testing of Regional Projects and support needs of the Business Units.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Basic desk support and troubleshooting of hardware, software, or network operational problems.
- Utilizes help desk call tracking and problem resolution software and thoroughly documents problem resolution.
- Provides Agency/Company interface and e-business solutions to the agency force for multiple regional companies.
- Able to pinpoint issues – whether with portals, systems/applications, print, browsers, technical, etc.
- Knowledgeable with upstream and downstream systems/applications and integration points that may cause issues.
- May occasionally assist with training on use of systems/applications/portals.
- Assists Business Units when needing to obtain policies/quotes, various information and details when they are reviewing or testing systems and applications not supported by RSS development teams.
- Work with customers and business teams to fully understand issues and meet customer service levels as defined within service level agreements.
- Communicate issues and outages effectively to multiple levels within the organization.
- Collaborates with Development teams by reviewing new or modified software programs or applications. Assists or creates test cases, scripts and/or procedures to prepare for implementations. Uses the new or modified software/applications being tested to evaluate quality of program performance, reliability, bugs and any other failures.
- Travel for position is up to 10%
Responsible for the handling of moderate to higher exposure commercial auto and general liability claims or litigated matters. Works to adjust claims in a prompt, equitable manner by analyzing coverage, liability and damages, evaluating reserves, negotiating settlement or conclusion of claim. Incumbent will travel as necessary on assigned files and must be able to effectively manage litigation budgets and outside counsel.
This position can be worked remotely.
- Investigates loss, evaluates exposures, establishes accurate reserves and manages defense and settlement or conclusion of litigated and higher severity commercial claims. Re-evaluates exposures and reserves during the life of the claim. Correctly enters claim data into claim and related systems for reporting purposes. Confers with Claims Manager/Director and Claims Vice President to inform, solicit input and strategize. Utilizes Claims Department staff to assist with investigations. Coordinates investigation with Subrogation, Arbitration and Salvage Recovery Units.
- Selects appropriate outside legal counsel to coordinate the defense of each suit. Strategizes and evaluates, with assistance of outside defense counsel, to determine direction of defense, e.g., defend to conclusion; compromise; or negotiate a fair and equitable settlement. Assigns tasks, sets completion dates and establishes costs.
- Provides leadership, mentoring, technical advice and direction to the Claims Department staff on complex commercial casualty claims.
- Attends settlement conferences, depositions, pre-trial hearings and trials when advisable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
This Position can be worked Remotely
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full time Underwriting Associate in our Hamilton
Square, NJ office. Essential duties and responsibilities of this entry level role in our Underwriting team include but are not limited to:
- Setting up folders in a team shared drive for all information received for new submissions
- Running census data in Excel spreadsheets for each submission
- Logging submission in David Young system including benefits, reinsurance terms, and census
- Communicating with Sales Reps and Underwriters to ensure all information is
- complete and accurate
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a Premium Accountant to join its Finance Department to administer its premium billing, collection and reporting process. S/he will report directly into the Accounting Manager. And will be directly responsible for premium administration and cash receipts application activities related to the Company’s Employer Stop Loss insurance business that is administered through its David Young system. This is an exceptionally good entry level opportunity for someone who is interested in building a career in the Accounting area of the insurance industry. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Application of cash receipts to policyholder accounts.
- Production / mailing of claim and commission checks to agents, brokers and TPAs.
- Balancing the system to the company’s cash book and bank statement, and preparing the system for month-end closing.
- Reaching out to policyholders, agents, brokers and TPAs for adjustments to premium remittance.
- Reviewing aging reports and pursuing outstanding premiums.
- Updating company’s cash book by segments by treaties.
- Recording claim refund to David Young System.
- Working with the Underwriting, Account Managers, and Finance teams in the resolution of any premium reporting, billing, commission, or payment issues.
The IT Asset Analyst will be responsible for all aspects of hardware, software, and related purchasing for Berkley Technology Services. This position will involve the coordination of purchase activities including researching and evaluating vendors for pricing and quality, completing purchase orders, and documenting received assets.
The IT Asset Analyst will provide ad hoc reports as requested and support the VPs of Finance and Infrastructure in completing various projects.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive all technical procurement requests and process accordingly. Determine if a purchase is required and follow predefined processes.
- Track all requests and communicate expectations to the customer.
- Maintain local and remote inventory levels for desktops, laptops, and peripherals.
- Work with Infrastructure teams to track Vendor performance trends
- Maintain software and hardware asset database and create reports as requested.
- Ensure compliance of software and hardware license agreements
- Develop, implement, and enforce inventory control process
- Review the procurement process and explore improvements in process efficiencies and controls
- Develop reports to aid in budgeting and forecasting hardware and software asset and maintenance purchases/renewals
- Work with Finance team to reconcile asset depreciation records.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Middle Market Underwriter to join our team. The Middle Market Underwriter is responsible for building dynamic relationships, maintaining a strong distribution channel, growing direct written premium, maximizing renewal retention and delivering a high degree of customer satisfaction within our footprint of Independent Agencies. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves as trusted advisor to Independent agency model.
- Establishes and maintains a new business pipeline.
- Successfully sells the proposal.
- Positively influences account retention to meet company goals.
- Utilizes various underwriting tools to:determine acceptable risk characteristics; determine accurate exposure classifications; set adequate property limits to accomplish appropriate insurance to value and rate and quote business to agents
- Supports other underwriters as assigned when the other underwriter is travelling or out on vacation / sick time.
- Orders and reviews inspections to confirm accounts written are consistent with preliminary underwriting information and takes action when the inspection reveals unacceptable risk characteristics.
- Determines if facultative reinsurance is needed and if so, factors reinsurance cost in gross pricing, completes cession procedures; documents file, and follows established workflow procedure to ensure proper reporting / accounting.
- Makes sound risk and pricing decisions that achieve profitable loss ratios.
- Maintains underwriting quality score of 85% or greater.
- Documents underwriting file to support acceptability and pricing in accordance with company guidelines.
- Strengthens relationships and educates agents within agency plant to maximize opportunities and achieve profitable growth.
- Achieves new business premium, renewal premium retention and rate change objectives.
- Within company guidelines and granted underwriting authority, evaluate new and renewal information to determine risk acceptability terms/conditions to be quoted, and priced.
- Achieve service standards, including established objectives for: new business quote turnaround; renewal quotes; endorsement, cancellation, audits and other transactions and policy issuance
- Provides detailed issuance instructions to ensure policy is delivered consistent with quoted terms and conditions and in accordance with established guidelines relative to policy construction.