Property advisor, influencer, partner and resource for the enterprise. Contribute to, monitor and influence Operating Unit property strategy, results, risk appetite, coverages, terms, conditions, pricing, guidelines, underwriting tools, portfolio and catastrophe management to deliver risk adjusted return goals. Facilitate corporate property technical and data & analytic initiatives to improve efficiencies and long-term results. Address trends, emerging issues, and opportunities. Enhance property education, communication and idea sharing and innovation throughout WRBC.
- With Segment Heads review, monitor and influence Operating Unit property strategy, results, risk appetite, forms, coverages, terms, conditions, pricing, guidelines, underwriting tools and catastrophe management. Make recommendations and influence change where necessary to deliver risk adjusted return goals.
- Lead, coordinate, facilitate and/or participate in property underwriting process, technical, and data analytic initiatives for the purpose of improving efficiencies and long-term results, addressing trends, opportunities and issues. Initiatives would primarily involve multi-operating units and/or multi-segments and would marry underwriting and data analytics and be both reactive and proactive.
- Transform data into information for action. Participate in data improvement and collection initiatives. Develop and/or improve management information, metrics and analytics.
- Work with ERM and ceded reinsurance to optimize the structure of the property reinsurance program to fulfill both Operating Unit and enterprise needs.
- Lead, with corporate actuaries, periodic property state of line studies and presentations.
- Build and lead a property community to educate, discuss emerging issues, share ideas and information and highlight innovative developments.
- Facilitate communication among CUO’s and product experts (e.g., via working groups, CUO meeting, maintain expertise database).
- Work with risk management/loss control professionals to share best practices and information across the enterprise.
- Monitor cyber and EDP coverages offered by Operating Units and the market and with legal develop, keep current and implement exclusions.
- Others to be determined as the role evolves.
Professional support specialist floater supports departments on an as needed basis and is the primary back up for the for receptionist on a daily basis.
• Answer phones
• Assist in sorting mail, deliver mail from Chairman’s office twice a day
• Schedule appointments
• Schedule conference rooms
• Assist with and/or schedule business travel
• Assist with and/or complete expense reports
• Maintain inventory of office supplies
• Cover reception desk throughout the day
• Support Executive Administrative Assistants on an as needed basis
• Assist the Reinsurance department with creating files, manipulating spreadsheets and other projects
• Other duties as assigned
Responsible for providing the necessary support to the premium audit function, conducting timely quality reviews and processing of audits on the organization’s book of business
• Key customer service point of contact providing customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Track audit transactions; enter completed audit information into the appropriate logs to ensure all work is completed accurately and timely.
• Maintain Audit log for accuracy
• Create work orders in PATS system with necessary and required info to order audits
• Organize audit documents for external and internal auditors to complete their audit reviews.
• Electronically print, label and file audit documents adhering to corporate protocols.
• Process approved audits in system to meet company timeline requirements for workers’ compensation and general liability accounts.
• Provide support to the underwriting teams regarding inquiries and with the proper classification of accounts.
• Alert Premium Audit Manager of potential fraud situations.
• Completing al necessary reports and administrative tasks in a timely manner.
Work with Premium Audit Manager, supervisors and underwriting teams to help enhance existing programs to improve overall premium audit results
Develops regional and local Business Strategic, Tactical and Operational plans. Executes Action Plans leading to the accomplishment of Company goals. Develops deep agency relationships and represents the Company locally, regionally and on a national basis. Partners with Sr. Management of the Company and Regional Companies as required to drive both growth and profitability. Participate in the development of Marine and Property strategic and tactical plans based on company plans, technological advances, and corporate plans. Will work within limits of authority requiring the highest degree of technical complexity and coordination. Focus will be on complex property, marine risks and programs that will drive profitable growth.
1. Builds superior distribution partnerships with agents and brokers. Develops and implements sales plans to leverage profitable business growth.
2. Analyzes applications, determines acceptability of risk in accordance with Company guidelines and practices in order to make the appropriate underwriting decisions.
3. Applies underwriting guidelines and appetite to risk selection and pricing.
4. Keeps current on state/territory issues and regulations, industry activity and trends and freely shares information with others.
5. Negotiates with agents to reach positive and profitable outcomes.
6. Develops a diverse book of business consisting of varied inland marine and property classes of business, risk size and complexity.
7. Analyzes quality, quantity, and profitability of risks underwritten and prepares reports for management review.
8. Assists in the management of the Inland Marine and Property business to achieve the goals and objectives established. Ensures continued profitable growth.
9. May provide guidance and assistance to other underwriters and to other functional areas, particularly when related to cross-sell opportunities.
10. Collaborates with management on risks exceeding authority level or requiring special handling. Provides assistance to underwriters requiring referrals due to the authority levels.
11. Evaluates underwriting performance based on financial analysis. Includes rate, reserve adequacy, operational execution, planning and product reviews.
12. Collaborates with Regional Companies in developing regional inland marine and property business plans.
13. Assists with product development in creation of innovative products and service to introduce to the market.
14. Collaborates with business partners in Risk Control, Actuarial, Finance and Claims to driver profitable results and develops program opportunities.
15. Demonstrates the WRBC Core Competencies and Innovation Behaviors while performing the Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
Investigate, evaluate and resolve assigned claims in accordance with company standards, procedures, and state regulatory requirements.
- Perform investigations in a timely and thorough manner to ensure accurate decisions on coverage, compensability, liability, and damage issues affecting claim resolutions.
- Effectively negotiate with insureds, third-parties and claimants listening carefully to their demands and using an objective approach to resolve the claim fairly.
- Control file-related expenses through efficient utilization and monitoring of "outside" vendors.
- Inform other departments of positive/negative conditions noted during investigations which may impact company results.
- Manage existing workloads effectively to achieve quality and quantity production goals while providing superior customer service.
- Participate in special account reviews and present agents and insureds with recommendations for improving their loss ratio and information on best practices.
Claims Representative II
- In addition to the items listed above, this role will:
- Steadily increase complexity and proficiency including more complex coverage and/or compensability disputes, contractual risk transfer, liability/subrogation investigations, negotiations, and strategic resolution practices. Engage appropriately with agents and insureds in increasingly complex discussions and capable of leading synergy meetings.
- In addition to demonstrating increased proficiency with systems and workflows, actively engage in roundtable discussions, Synergy meetings and on-site investigations.
- Possess understanding of litigation competencies.
Senior Claims Representative
- In addition to the items listed above, this role will:
- Assist in the training and development of claim personnel as needed.
- Under general direction, handles complex cases and those involving complex questions of coverage, compensability, legal liability and damages.
- Handles complex bodily injury, property damage and workers’ compensations cases utilizing experts and outside firms as required.
- Works closely with underwriting in developing and interpreting policy language and, in conjunction with loss control, assists in the analysis and recommendations on loss sensitive and special accounts.
- May serve as team leader or mentor in the training and development of less experienced staff and provides input in roundtable discussions.
- Attends settlement conferences, trials and mediations on a regular basis.
Senior Claims Representative II
- Include all elements at the Senior Claims Representative position to the highest level of performance, with a track record and expectation of internal leadership and external relationship-building.
- Demonstrate professionalism and promote Acadia's values and presence as a Trusted Advisor internally and externally.
- Have a strong understanding of the business of insurance outside of the claims discipline.
- Significant independence in claims handling of the most complex claims not requiring major case unit/specialty handling.
- Effectively mentor staff including providing direction for claims handling strategies within their authority.
- Exhibit initiative, a team minded attitude, be proactive in anticipating areas of concern.
Berkley One, a Berkley company that caters to affluent Personal Lines insurance clients, is rapidly expanding and adding to the Solutions Specialist team in our Wilmington, DE office. This role’s primary objective is to deliver all that is great about Berkley One and to help our agents place business with us. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Customer Policy Support: deliver a personalized, effortless experience for our customers via phone, email or chat. Handle customer transactions smoothly, accurately and first time final. Be an advocate for the Company during first notice of loss interactions by displaying empathy and ensuring the situation is properly handled.
- Agency Policy Support: act as primary point of contact for agents to get their Berkley One questions resolved. Process individual policy work submitted by the agents via phone, email or chat. Answer policy inquiry questions and assist the agency with handling servicing needs. Assist agents with finishing their quotes and converting them into policies. Combine your sales and system savvy to drive profitable growth for the organization.
- Agent Technical Support: help agents with access, passwords, and myriad of other tasks. Remote into their computers to show them how to work in the system in real time. Provide “in the moment” training on the Customer Portal and Customer Mobile App so the agent is empowered to share with customers.
- Agent onboarding: enroll new agents/staff into our system, handle contracts, track agency license numbers and other licensing information, issue paperwork.
- Agent training: primarily responsible to deliver system training by hosting webcasts and offering live support to agents navigating the system to quote, endorse and manage their business. Systems include the PAS, billing, claims and agent portal, eSignature, IVANS download and other ancillary systems.
Serves as lead underwriter for assigned field offices as front line for either the commercial or contract departments or both. Underwrites new and renewal business with limited supervision. Supports the Head of Underwriting in balancing the needs to achieve budgeted financial results (premium volume, loss ratio, premium collections and expense management including commissions) with effective price management through sound underwriting practices in an effort to produce profitable results. Serve as lead in Book of Business reviews and assist Head of Underwriting in portfolio management. Positively interacts and collaborates with the field underwriters in assigned territory as well as other critical internal/external business associates.
• Provide approvals, with conditions as necessary, or declinations within prescribed authority limits in a timely and understandable manner consistent with BSG guidelines and goals. Make recommendations to Head of Underwriting on a course of action for approval or declination as well as overall policy positions and underwriting guidelines.
• Review and underwrite new and renewal business from assigned field offices in the primary line of business Analyze submitted data, determine and obtain additional information when needed. Make decisions on approvals/declinations within prescribed authority limits. On accounts or bond requests over authority limits provide recommendations on course of action in a concise and timely manner.
• Effectively communicates recommendations and decisions with confidence, clear communication, good listening skills, professionalism, and empathy with the goal to be a trusted adviser and valued partner to all parties.
• Plans and executes regular travel to develop and enhance new and existing producer and account relationships. Visits new and existing accounts; prepares and shares meeting agendas, obtains follow up documentation, evaluates the accounts for appropriate action.
• Interact and collaborate with assigned field offices, Home Office colleagues, reinsurers and other critical business associates. Maintain and manage workflow, including effective communications, with assigned field office meeting all company standards and expectations.
• Participate in BSG senior management decisions as respects developing or improving underwriting procedures, guidelines and policy.
• Effectively evaluates bond forms and other relevant documents in an effort to assess risk.
• Keeps Head of Underwriting apprised of issues of importance to BSG.
• Submit Special Acceptance requests to reinsurers for large capacity accounts.
• Develop and train other team members such as Sr. Underwriters, Underwriters, Associates Underwriters and Trainees as appropriate.
As our IT Business Solutions Analyst, you will closely with various Berkley companies to bridge the needs of the business with the use of the ServiceNow ITSM tool suite. You'll work to understand and assess business needs, proactively address customer requests, impact existing workflows, and manage other requests in the queue. Through it all, you'll evaluate downstream system impacts and potential end user training opportunities.
In this role, you will:
- Facilitate requirements gathering and process mapping workshops. Perform gap analysis (as is functionality versus to be functionality).
- Participate in end-to-end activities related to implementation planning including project management, issue management, communication and change management.
- Help personalize and humanize the customer experience while at the same time accomplishing future business scalability.
- Document the customer journey and identify ways to improve existing customer pain points based on process optimization, technology, change management, or communication.
- Help uncomplicate the work environment of tomorrow by forecasting scalable solutions and when they need to be ready to be delivered to positively influence the customer journey.
- Translate your recommendations to senior leadership to gain agreement, affect change and influence long term strategies.
- Participate in User Acceptance testing and recommend improvements.
- Answer developer and end user questions as well as clarifies and escalates issues through the development life cycle.
- Assist with end-user training and product presentations.
- Provide 2nd level end user/system support of platform within defined SLAs to include but limited to ongoing training for 1st level support resources.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit at a desk and work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The Claims Intern will work closely with key team members to learn and participate in all aspects of GL and PL claims handling for Admiral business. This is a summer internship, approximately 10-12 weeks in length.
- Familiarization with Commercial General Liability and Professional Liability Policies in order to evaluate coverage for claims.
- Initiate handling of new claims in order to implement coverage and claim evaluation skills.
- Attend Claims Committee and underwriting meetings.
- Learn litigation management of claims.
- Conduct research projects.
- Assist Claims Managers and Superintendents as needed.
Provides project management services to company and to the corporate operating companies including; working with key individuals/stakeholders within corporate operating companies to determine project critical success factors and ensuring that projects are structured so that critical business needs are met. Develops project plans, generates work breakdown structures, estimates task duration, determines resource requirements, identifies and tracks dependencies, assesses and mitigates risk, and manages project budgets. Directs and coordinates activities of company and corporate operating company staff to ensure projects progress on schedule and within prescribed budget, establishes work plans and staffing for each phase of project, assists with arrangements for recruitment or assignment of project personnel, and develops and distributes project status reports. Develops and maintains strong working relationships with operating company, company, and vendor resources.
- Directs and monitors all activities for medium to large, medium to high risk, major technology-based projects from initiation to delivery. Projects typically cross platforms, applications, and/or business lines. Projects cross platforms, applications, and/or business lines. Understands how and when to escalate issues to higher levels. Analyzes the risks and future impact of decisions. As needed, makes decisions and takes timely, independent action in pursuit of priorities.
- Work significantly affects multiple teams and functional areas within company and the corporation. Project visibility is typically at a corporate company Senior Management and/or a company Senior Management level. Budget Impact: Moderate. Timeline: Generally one year or less, and typically 6-12 months. Discrete projects; may be multi-phased effort.
- Projects are typically of moderate complexity, with occasional projects of high or low complexity. Typically assigned to Small, Medium, or Large projects as defined by company’s Projects may be adding significant new functionality to existing system(s). Projects involve 1-3 core systems and relevant supporting systems.
- Working knowledge of and experience utilizing a variety of Project Management concepts, principles, practices, procedures, and theories. Thorough understanding of and experience with project management phases, techniques and tools. Thorough understanding and experience with common SDLCs. Strong and proven project management skills, including sponsor and risk management.
- Provide consistent and comprehensive status reports, project updates, and ongoing cost analyses, significant issue management, and communication with business lines and technology management levels.
- Travel required: estimated to be 5-10%% on an annualized basis (travel will be a factor of where the employee is located relative to the sites of company and the corporate operating companies engaged in a particular systems initiatives).
W. R. Berkley is looking for a Workers Compensation Product Line Director to join our Enterprise Product Support Services (EPSS) team based in Naperville, IL or Chicago, IL.
This position provides technical underwriting expertise to our independent and decentralized operating units, acting with minimal direction as a workers compensation subject matter expert to support the operating units with achieving their business goals and to delivery excellent customer service.
Duties may require all or some of the below:
• Develop effective and collaborative relationships with our operating units through a demonstrated high degree of workers compensation product and underwriting knowledge.
• Provide subject matter expertise in the interpretation of bureau rules, policy wording and intent, underwriting and claims considerations and regulatory requirements / constraints.
• Work with our operating units as needed to develop proprietary products, including large deductible plans, dividend plans and other pricing options.
• Assist the operating units as needed to resolve proof of coverage or statistical coding issues.
• Provide subject matter expertise to the developers of policy administration systems to ensure systems are programmed in accordance with the various bureau rules and regulatory requirements.
• Review and interpret bureau changes to determine appropriate action and coordination across the enterprise.
• Apply expert knowledge of workers compensation, business needs and technology to develop clear, concise and accurate business requirements for system changes.
• Report to and work closely with the AVP, Workers Compensation Product Line Manager, in addition to the operating units, regulatory, actuarial and technology teams to identify business solutions.
• Participate and lead projects assigned.
• Work on complex projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of factors.
• Develop and execute on strategic initiatives and opportunities to expand the scope of services offered by EPSS.
• Conduct research on various topics and provide communication, recommendation and/or direction to EPSS staff and operating units.
• Assist with Quality Assurance/Quality Control initiatives including, but not limited to, specific testing responsibilities, investigation of system failures and the related impact, as well as recommendations for a mitigation strategy.
• Assist with management of bureau relationships as well as state WC administrators.
• Assist with development of end-user tools to support operating units.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Associate Claims Examiner (ACE) utilizes general understanding of department’s operation and objectives. They are responsible for entering claim indemnity payments, SROI filing, issue Benefit Notices, complete void/stop payment, and reissuing of checks with a 99% timeliness goal. The ACE position will provide customer service to the claims department, and assist Claims Technical and Operations with other duties as needed and as time allows. This position will make inquiries with claims examiners, medical providers and injured workers, as needed, to assess return to work status and determine whether further payments should be issued. This position acts in a fiduciary role on behalf of insureds in assessing the need for indemnity payments. Job functions are considered routine and predefined and require minimum evaluation. The ACE administers the payment of benefits with the utmost, good faith, in compliance with the rules, regulations and statutes of the State of California and the WCAB. The ACE must be a team player. This position requires particular attention to detail, and is often task-oriented. This position will require 120 hours of classroom training at Supervisor’s direction within the first year in position in order to obtain Experienced Examiner Certification. 30 hours of continuing education every two years is required to maintain that certification.
- Make indemnity payments to claimants, both lump sum and ongoing payments, including initial, final and retroactive periods.
- Issue Benefit Notices as required with regards to the start, changing and ending of benefits.
- Will issue Permanent Disability denials in certain circumstances and notify claims examiner with an Activity.
- Transmit Second Report of Information (SROI) to the State of California as required.
- Gather and document information from medical providers on disability status of claimants.
- Referral to Return to Work Coordinator who will gather and document information from insureds on return to work status of their injured employees as well as availability of modified or alternate duties. Follow up on return to work status, through coordinator, until an offer is made or a final decision not to accommodate is made.
- Refers cases as appropriate to management by setting an activity for review.
- Maintains professional client relationships.
- Timely and appropriate notification to examiner on cases with indemnity payments, on need for appropriate reserves to ensure adequacy for life of claim.
- Coordinate and process void, stop pay, and reissue Indemnity payments.
- Offer and, if accepted, enroll claimants in our EFT program.
- Attend Examiner Certification training as directed by Supervisor.
- Upon certification as an Experienced Examiner, additional duties may be added including, but not limited to, drafting of settlement documents and calculation of wage statements.
- Assist technical and operations with other duties as needed and as time allows.
Our Sr. Risk Services Representative is an extenstion of our CWG Underwriting team in Denver and will service customers in Colorado and the Greater Denver area. This role offers the opportunity to work with a tenured local team with agency support/interaction, minimal overnight travel and a commitment to continuing education and access to innovative technology.
The Sr. Risk Services Representative surveys business operations and consults with policyholders and underwriting to determine the type and level of exposures and controls needed. Determines customers’ ability to control the exposures by gathering information through physical surveys, program audits, loss history analysis, comparison to industry standards and customer interviews. Provides training, mentoring, specialized technical advice and counsel to staff and customers. Assists Underwriters with risk selection and ongoing account management.
- Surveys commercial properties such as buildings, industrial operations, agri-business operations, and commercial vehicles to evaluate physical conditions, safety practices, and hazardous situations according to knowledge of safety standards, established underwriting guidelines and governmental regulations.
- Utilizes experience and technical expertise to survey large or complex operations as requested by supervisor/manager. Observes business operations and management practices to determine safety issues and hazards.
- Analyzes history of accidents and claims and inspects scenes of accidents to determine causes and to consult in development of accident prevention programs. Measures insured area(s), records description of operations, and photographs or drafts scale drawings of properties, to identify factors affecting risk acceptability and insurance premiums.
- Consults with insured in regard to activities and programs to control losses and improve safety. Confers with employees of insured, provides informational materials, and conducts training as needed induce compliance with safety standards, codes, and regulations.
- Prepares timely written reports of findings to assist the Underwriter’s risk selection process and makes recommendation to help accounts reduce potential for loss.
- Provides training, mentoring, specialized technical advice and counsel to internal staff regarding regulations, hazards and controls associated with area(s) of expertise.
- Maintains knowledge of regulatory standards (OSHA, DOT) and local and national codes (NFPA, ICC) through participation in continuing education opportunities. Performs miscellaneous office duties not limited to answering phone calls, emails and completing schedules.
The Assistant Vice President of Operations is responsible for achieving operational excellence. This involves creating a vision for such success, managing toward these organizational goals, and driving the conditions that create new capabilities. Taken together, these efforts must support organizational growth and significantly improve the company’s business, financial results, and customer experiences.
The AVP of Operations provides leadership and executive guidance on medical and administrative processes, on data analytics, and on policy and procedure enhancements. The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate an impeccable model of leadership, managerial excellence, and integrity.
- Act as a hands-on leader who can build a solid operational foundation, develop short- and long-term strategies that drive operational excellence, and show the ability to lead and execute on that vision.
- Work collaboratively with the Chief Executive Officer and other senior leaders to attain profitable business performance by ensuring the optimization of day-to-day operations areas of the company
- Manage medical bill review, clinical operations, network services, and healthcare informatics by coaching, mentoring, educating, and motivating toward achievement of BMMS’s strategic goals
- Oversee data analytic projects and identifies areas for further advanced analytics, research work on provider outliers or areas of concern and also monitors for patterns of risk
- Ensure customer satisfaction and positive customer experiences by overseeing the BMMS Data Analytics team in developing and executing monthly Key Performance measurements to identify improvement goals
- Drive process changes across the enterprise to improve Key Performance metrics
- Direct the Operations and Data Analytics teams to identify, generate, and collect other vital measurements and plans to maximize customer satisfaction, quality, and productivity/efficiency
- Systematize, streamline, and implement best practices across BMMS to provide the visibility and metrics required to facilitate analysis of operations and ensure sustainable improvements in performance
- Create and consistently communicate a clear, compelling vision for the integration and cross-functional operation of all BMMS teams
- Direct all aspects of BMMS’s operations infrastructure and maintains responsibility for the attainment of short-term and long-term financial and operational goals for the enterprise
- Prepare budget documents, projections, and productivity needs to ensure alignment of resource needs with budget levels
- Ensure the selection, retention, and development of A-level players; provides continual leadership, oversight, coaching, and feedback to subordinates
- Set performance goals with direct reports and monitors ongoing performance; lays out targets that are aggressive yet achievable; fosters and instills a culture of accountability, ownership, and execution
- Build and sustain effective communications with all stakeholders, distribution partners, partner vendors, and cross-functional teams to maximize the customer experience and drive efficiencies
- Identify and execute solutions for a variety of problems
- Make decisions as needed to ensure efficient daily operations
- Exhibit professional behavior at all times while representing or being identified as an employee of BMMS
- Demonstrate the use of tact and discretion in all communications and provide a positive contribution to the morale of the department
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with unit staff, clients, providers, and other departments of BMMS
Investigates 3rd Party liabilty claims related to commercial exposures. Delivers claims service in a prompt, equitable manner by analyzing coverage, liability/compensability and damages; evaluating reserves; and negotiating settlement or conclusion of claim.
- Examines and analyzes policies, contracts and claim forms to determine coverage.
- Investigates loss in a prompt manner by investigation, to determine the extent of the Company’s liability. Requests necessary reports, utilizes independent adjusting services to assist in the claim investigation as appropriate.
- Establishes accurate claim reserves and re-evaluates exposures and reserves during the life of the claim. Correctly enters claim data and file documentation into claim and related systems for reporting purposes. Negotiates settlement or conclusion of claim.
- Participates in educational, coaching and mentoring opportunities to enhance claims adjusting skills and knowledge.
The litigation paralegal supports attorneys throughout all litigation matters and provides some administrative support.
• Prepare/draft pleadings, discovery demands and responses
• Handle communications with opposing counsel, deponents, doctors’ offices, hospitals, record departments
• Schedule depositions and IME’s with all the supporting documents and communications
• Digest deposition transcripts
• Summarize and organize medical records, including preparation of medical chronologies and summaries.
• Review court dockets in PACER and state court sites
• Draft client correspondence for attorneys
• May obtain records and work with experts in all areas of litigation
• Motion preparation
• Handling of client inquiries
• Other tasks as assigned
Consult with internal and external clients to understand project work and interpret regulatory reporting needs. This includes determining client and organizational needs, system and operational requirements, downstream system impacts, configuration updates and legal compliance obligations.
- Work with internal companies, regulatory agencies to implement new project work and improve data quality.
- Updates configurations based on regulatory reporting needs.
- Utilize SQL to report data, answer questions and drive business results.
- Answers developer and end user questions through the development life cycle.
- Completes functional testing on assigned projects.
- Develops customer relationships and has understanding of how corporation/company operates.
- Clarifies and escalates issue gaps through the change control process.
- Provides end-user training and product presentations.
- Suggests improvements in processes used for requirements gathering, design specifications, and software implementations.
- Some travel required up to 15%.
Contributes to the achievement of corporate profitability and production results through the growth, development and underwriting of business. The primary responsibility will be new business development and retaining profitable renewals. Under minimal direction, responsible for underwriting risks in a book of business. Independently works within specific limits of authority on assignments utilizing underwriting policies and guidelines, rating manual rules and insurance laws and regulations.
• Proactively engages in business development activities and build partnerships withthe ultimate goal of soliciting profitable business opportunities.
• Reviews applications for risks and determines acceptability of risk in accordance with company guidelines and standards and determines the needs for additional evidence of insurability.
• Requests information needed for underwriting and pricing of assigned new and renewal business.
• Evaluates, selects, and prices policies for assigned agencies to achieve underwriting profit (within underwriting authority), premium growth, desired business mix, market/agency penetration, and agency management objectives with a focus on new business. Refers risks exceeding authority with recommendations for approval or disposition.
• Prepares quotes and answers questions from agencies, policyholders or other external contacts and escalates issues as necessary. Negotiates with agents to reach positive and profitable outcomes.
• Notifies brokers of adverse underwriting decisions, rate appeals, underwriting requirements, status and declinations.
• Develops and manages assigned agency relationships with producers and customers through visitations and regular customer contact.
• Evaluates the performance of assigned agencies on an ongoing basis to ensure company and agency goals are met. Participates in review and evaluation of agencies and makes recommendations on agency management issues. Communicates corporate goals, programs, underwriting policies, procedures, and guidelines to agents.
• Monitors production, hit ratios, renewal retention ratios, spread of risk and other production and quality measures.
• Keeps current on state/territory issues, regulations and trends.
• May provide guidance and assistance to other underwriters and to other functional areas.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
The Commercial Management Liability Underwriter analyzes and underwrites existing and prospective public company accounts seeking Directors and Officers, Employment Practices, and Fiduciary Liability insurance coverage. S/he develops relationships with key brokers to increase the submission flow and quality of new business prospects.
- Prepare thorough underwriting work-ups that contain a detailed financial analysis, claims/legal history, and a review of significant recent corporate events for each new business and renewal account.
- Communicate with brokers during the renewal process to ascertain the client’s renewal expectations and on new business accounts to find the best opportunity for successfully winning the business.
- Participate in client meetings designed to address each account’s risk factors and mitigation approach.
- Work with senior managers to review and price new/renewal accounts and draft all quote/binder letters and issue the policy.
- Responsible for maintaining the underwriting files on all in-force and lost/declined accounts.
The Quality Assurance Analyst focuses primarily on providing high quality, cost-effective test functionality for use by IT areas to validate the quality of new and existing software applications. The Quality Assurance Analyst will develop and execute test plans, test cases, scenarios, scripts or procedures in order to identify software problems and their causes.
• Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
• Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
• Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
• Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
• Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet business needs
• Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers, business analysts and product owners) to identify system requirements
• Monitor debugging process results
• Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
• Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
• Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies