Click column header to sort
The Clearance Specialist will provide general operational support to the Department primarily the processing of submissions and other client related correspondence for new and renewal accounts.
• Submission entry/clearance
• Responsible for file documentation
• Review of submissions for completion and accuracy
• Sends requests for additional information as required for incomplete submissions
• Adherence to clearance protocol
• Provides administrative support to Manager as needed for special projects or assignments.
The Sr. Project Manager is a strategic partner to the business at Berkley One, reporting into the VP of Project Management & Strategy for Berkley One. The PMO manages programs and projects across Berkley One business units, and serves as a key differentiator in execution excellence. As a Senior Project Manager, you will manage a complex portfolio of projects that impact the core business capabilities of Berkley One. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead strategic business projects that cross all levels and functions within Berkley One, in support of the ongoing growth and development of operational maturity
- Manage multiple projects at a time, organizing cross-functional project teams using Berkley One program management standards, to drive execution excellence
- Identify dependencies, risks and upcoming challenges and work to coordinate, mitigate and avoid project slippage
- Work closely with business leaders and functional managers to define proposed improvements to business processes and develop business cases for their cost and value
- Plans activities/tasks that will deliver the desired results and oversees day-to-day work and monitoring of progress towards goals. Ensures resources are optimally sourced and deployed
- Influence key stakeholders to create consensus and buy-in around project recommendations or risk mitigations
- Regularly communicates and presents project schedules, statuses, and updates to various team members ranging from junior to Executive level
- Performs project close-out steps to include identifying lessons learned/best practices to inform the success of future projects
- Applies continuous improvement methodologies throughout the project management lifecycle
This Product Analyst serves as a key contributor to the Berkley One brand and will be responsible for developing competitive marketplace and pricing analyses that will be foundational to formulating and influencing product, rate and underwriting strategies for this newly created high net worth personal lines carrier. The ideal candidate will have experience in the insurance industry and in competitor and/or market and product analysis. Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in analysis of competitive rate plans and filings and identifying best of breed practices in the high net worth space (including niche products within this space).
- Evaluate market competitiveness on an ongoing basis and make recommendations to product management on improvements and adjustments
- Participate in documenting business requirements for coverage rules and crucial UAT testing of rate plans
- Utilize demographic data to analyze specific customer segments and geographies to inform current and future product and pricing decisions
- Collaborate with product management and actuarial to develop line of business and state specific strategies
- Assist with post launch analysis of data using a consistent approach to how data is analyzed. Develop best practice process and lead meetings and training around data analysis findings
- Participate in creating and refining underwriting guidelines
- Collaborate with product management and actuarial teams to continuously identify the newest sources of data for competitive analysis
- Work on additional projects with cross functional team members that make use of your skills and add direct value to the company (e.g dashboard creation for specific business unit needs)
We are looking to hire an Premium Accounts assistant that will handle the premium payment reconciliation for the Houston Office. This position will be temporary with the tentative period of 6 – 12 months from date of hire. Hours can be flexible based on schedule.
Duties include: Managing the discrepancies between premium paid and premium booked, following up on outstanding premiums, corresponding with the accounting team on Houston’s cash application, performing physical file destruction.
- Managing the Unapplied Cash Spreadsheet
- Researching discrepancies between premium paid and premium booked.
- Researching past due amounts and following up with Brokers on status of payments.
- Update Agent’s Balance Spreadsheet for Houston.
- Verifying that documents from old files are saved electronically in order to destroy the physical files.
This position will be providing overall requirements gathering, design, development and support of one or more company applications for the various subsidiaries of the corporation.
Processes incoming and outgoing mail using automated mailing equipment. Orders, receives, inventories, distributes and/or stores general supplies and equipment. Coordinates shipping and receiving functions for the Wilmington office, as well as remote BTS locations. Assistance in Facilities administration and building services.
This position will be providing support of one or more applications to various member companies of the corporation. The position will involve developing, implementing, and supporting technical solutions for customers.
The IT Senior Service Desk Analyst is responsible for resolving and/or escalating complex and unique technical incidents as well as the fulfillment of service requests within specified SLA’s. The IT Senior Service Desk Analyst daily responsibilities also encompasses desktop and laptop imaging, desktop and laptop inventory management, mobile device setup and support (including smartphones and tablets), documentation development and customer facing FAQ guidelines, report generation of daily incident, request, telephony and associated survey responses. The IT Senior Service Desk Analyst will also be responsible for advanced tasks such as the management of widespread severe incident remediation activities. The IT Senior Service Desk Analyst will cross- train other team members and participation in or hold a leadership role on projects assigned by IT upper management
Provides support to the underwriting process, making appropriate decisions within own underwriting assigned authority levels. Compiles data, performs routine tasks, and processes accounts. Projects a professional company image through internal and external customer interaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses new and renewal accounts to determine acceptability based upon NIC underwriting guidelines and authority granted.
- Reviews new and renewal accounts to verify issuance is in compliance with NIC underwriting guidelines, addresses discrepancies as needed, and enters information into appropriate systems.
- Processes prerenewals by generating monthly reports and compiling/analyzing required information.
- Creates, analyzes and interprets data from various systems and underwriting resources.
- Provides administrative support by preparing and compiling information to ensure all aspects of the underwriting process are contemplated.
- Collaborates with underwriting team as well as other departments on underwriting philosophy.
- Effectively communicates (written/verbal) information to both internal and external customers to ensure our standards of excellence are maintained.
- Consults with agency staff to obtain additional information on existing accounts.
- Promotes consistency amongst underwriting teams by contributing knowledge and soliciting feedback relative to underwriting philosophy and company goals.
- Maintains confidentiality with discretion and integrity with both internal and external information.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes preparatory work on new business accounts as assigned by the underwriter.
- Composes reports and business correspondence such as travel summaries, agendas, and meeting minutes.
- Coordinates internal and/or external visits including but not limited to scheduling meetings, confirming staff availability, and arranging meals/entertainment.
- Provides guidance and support to less experienced team members within the department.
As a strategic partner, the HR Generalist works with the Vice President of Human Resources (VP HR) and Operating Unit Leadership to align and support the VP HR with the execution of the talent strategy and operating unity strategic initiatives. This role works closely with Leadership and Group HR to consult, provide advice and guidance as it relates to talent-related activities including but not limited to: recruitment and selection, staff retention, performance management, talent development, compensation planning and employee relations. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Consults and counsels with leaders on performance management, talent development, salary administration, succession planning, recognition, training gaps, employee relations, employee conduct, etc.
- Guides and coaches leaders through actions related to formal disciplinary procedures, jointly determines appropriate course of actions; reviews and provides suggestions for performance improvement plans; and ensures legal compliance with aid of VP HR and/or legal counsel when necessary
- Proactively identifies areas for process improvement, innovation, and opportunities for efficiency and synergy
- Partners with management to improve employee engagement and increase productivity and retention, this includes coordination of community or company events, e.g.
- Confers with leaders to identify staffing needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, skills and competencies
- Partners with recruiting on internal and external recruitment efforts for all positions
- Partners with hiring managers to ensure proper department on-boarding tasks including: 30/60/90 day reviews, survey analysis, etc.
- Partners with the hiring manager to ensure required timely completion of new hire I-9’s; and finding alternative sources to complete new hire’s I-9 for off-site/remote/employees. Updating I-9 verifications in HireRight as required.
- Assists in the development and delivery of management and/or employee training sessions related to strategic initiatives, performance management, employee engagement, succession planning, etc.
- Actively researches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance; advising and collaborating on the development and administration of recognition programs with Group HR
- May lead or participate in special and/or cross-functional project teams related to Company and/or TCR strategic initiatives
- Identifies, evaluates and resolves employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints
- Conducts, Analyzes and reports on trends related to employee relations activities; Reviews exit interviews to analyze reasons for separation and to identify trends
- Assists employees with developing personal strategies or action plans related to the workplace, e.g., career development, performance improvement, peer/manager conflict, communication, etc.
- Administers initial and ongoing Visa and Immigration requirements
- Administers one – time – payments in Workday including: Sign On Bonus/Severance/Tuition Reimbursem
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full time Sr. Underwriter for Employer Stop Loss. This position is for an experienced ESL underwriter with a minimum of 15 years of experience. The selected candidate will be underwriting, evaluating risk, making clinical evaluations in conjunction with clinical staff, building and maintaining profitability on an assigned block of new and renewal business in an assigned territory. Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review, evaluation, underwriting and quoting of employer stop loss risks within assigned letter of authority
- Medical Underwriting and claimant risk assessment
- Sales and underwriting for specified territory while maintaining profitability
- Mentoring and training of Underwriter 1
- Work in tandem with assigned sales rep and account manager to develop and grow territory
- Manage, maintain and handle territorial assignment
- Accurately document files and record UW thought processes
- Case preparation and issuance of applications
Basic Function and Scope:
Under limited supervision, reviews, evaluates, negotiates and processes WC Claims, makes recommendations for resolution, and litigation management as appropriate. Has contact with brokers, claimants, and policy holders.
- Responsible for the day to day management of workers compensation claims; and
- Conducts initial investigation to confirm coverage and the loss is compensable; make quality and prompt contacts with employer, claimant, doctor and any witnesses; document and confirm diagnosis and prognosis; and
- Ensure the claim is adequately reserved; review and pay medical and expense bills timely and accurately; recognize and evaluate potential subrogation; recognize potential fraud cases; accurately calculate and issue indemnity payments; promptly complete internal Large Loss reports as required; and
- Proactively manage litigated claims, documenting the litigation plan and budget; retaining counsel, directing counsel on the litigation action plan and strategy; and
- Participate in claim reviews, which may require some travel.
Senior Risk Advisor, you would be responsible for analyzing losses to identify trends at individual businesses or within industries. This role will develop service plans for insured’s to eliminate or control causes of injury frequency and severity, safety management program deficiencies, manager/supervisor training and safety/regulatory program development. Communication is key as it will work closely with internal departments issues that pertain to risk assessment and selection and provide telephone consultation to insured’s on a variety of workers’ compensation risk management issues. The selected individual must be self-motivated and disciplined to work with minimal supervision to coordinate schedule, confirm meetings, and develop safety materials to educate, inform and motivate customer management. The Senior Risk Advisor is expected to exhibit a level of expertise in their area of responsibility, consistently exercising good judgment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the underwriting process by identifying and describing risks and controls for various industries to underwriter.
- Assist with the education of underwriting and claims personnel to expand their knowledge of industry operations, loss sources and control mechanisms.
- Provide consultation to customers on a variety of workers’ compensation risk management topics.
- Analyze and interpret customer injury trends, then develop and implement service plans that improve the quality of the customer’s safety program.
- Confirm customer safety and health service visits, and follow-up on recommendations for completion.
- Create safety programs and materials for specific industries addressing actual/potential loss trends.
- Various safety and health duties as assigned.
Berkley One, a wholly owned subsidiary of W. R. Berkley Corporation, is hiring a Customer Experience Team Leader in our Wilmington, DE office.
Our culture is one of innovation, creativity and teamwork. Our team is highly motivated, passionate about our business, and deeply experienced in developing and delivering product and service solutions in the personal insurance marketplace.You will join a highly respected team of experienced, successful professionals with deep expertise in this market as they build the company of the future.
This role, a key contributor to the Berkley One customer service team, will be responsible for working within the center and across all business teams to create an exceptional experience for our customers and agents partner, while achieving our target business results.
The Customer Experience Team Lead will manage our team of experienced front end service specialists, helping them to scale to our rapidly expanding footprint and growing agent and customer base, while maintaining the same level of quality and personalized service they have become known for.
The Customer Experience Team Lead will bring knowledge of process and technology to help us realize our vision of a low touch, highly personalized service experience for our discerning customers. The ideal candidate will have experience working as part of a successful customer service team that delivers world class service across multiple channels.
What you will do:
Under to auspices of the AVP, Customer Experience:
- Lead, coach and develop our Service Specialist team to meet or exceed service level standards, key performance indicators and reporting and metrics needs.
- Oversee our multiple service delivery channels and ensure we deliver flawless service across all channels, continually gathering feedback and metrics for insight and process improvement
- Ensure that workflows and job functions are successfully executed and support our business, expense and customer experience goals
- Utilize data to publish scorecards which report on various aspects of customer service delivery and to identify and recommend process improvements
- Provide support in an innovative way at a company that will grow rapidly and change constantly
- Act as a passionate advocate for all customers and answer any questions that come your way in an exciting, fast moving environment
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects as required
The Business Transformation Analyst provides strategic business analysis to address current business problems to include identifying solutions, process improvements, business transformation and/or system changes or additions. This role would also assist in the analysis of potential new business opportunities. The Business Tranformation Analyst role will partner with project owners of each system to ensure enhancement projects and ongoing maintenance projects are completed in a timely manner. This role will also assist project owners with creating business requirements for system enhancements.
- When needed, meet with assigned project stakeholders to perform an initial assessment of problematic situations or new business opportunities.
- Perform root cause analysis on business issues to identify weakness and problems.
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions to review solution options that will address root cause issues.
- Compile recommendations/solutions with attention to desires, capabilities and limitations.
- Present findings and recommendations with detail support and documentation.
- Assist business partners with business case creation and summarize what/if scenarios to assist in stakeholder agreement.
- Outline recommended options for solutions or implementations with detailed data and documentation.
- Determine impacts on enterprise-wide basis for resources, systems and/or processes.
- Assess the effectiveness of changes to include tracking costs and the overall benefits of these changes.
- Partner with appropriate resources to help outline ROI for proposed initiatives and/or projects.
- Work collaboratively internally and with partners to deliver chosen solution(s).
- Ensure continued alignment for all initiatives and projects with the strategic goals outlined by organization.
- Serve as a liaison between IT/BTS and business to facilitate understanding of intent.
- Monitor status of enhancement projects with clear communication to business partners.
Claims – Third Party Administrator Duties
- Updates claim notes and claim financial data, as needed.
- Scans and attaches documents to claims files.
- Administers claims reimbursement process.
- Reviews paper mail and emails to identify catastrophic claims within 24 hours of notification by client.
- Immediately notifies the Catastrophic Claim Team of severe claims verbally and in writing.
General Claims Duties
- Assists with technical problems, such as password & data issues or Excel problems.
- Reviews and processes the paper mail that comes to the claims department.
- Orders lunches and handles external event planning, as needed.
- Assists in improving and maintaining department best practices.
- Works with manager and analysts to complete department reports’ KPIs (key performance indicators).
- All other duties as assigned
The Sr. Claims Adjuster investigates, evaluates, reserves, negotiates and resolves claims in multiple jurisdictions and in accordance with Best Practices. S/he provides quality claim handling and superior customer service on assigned claims, while engaging in indemnity & expense management. Promptly manages claims by completing essential functions including contacts, investigation, damages development, evaluation, reserving, and disposition. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops action plans and handles the claims from assignment to early conclusion.
- Reviews incoming mail daily, responding as needed to bring the claim to a prompt fair conclusion and seeking supervision as needed.
- Prepares large loss reports as needed to include updated action plan and recommended reserves.
- Maintains a current diary on outstanding claims.
- Provides direction and guidance to defense attorneys and other experts while controlling expenses. Meets or exceeds specific objectives for service, quality, and reserving standards and other measurable performance items.