Click column header to sort
Within authority, the incumbent will manage assigned brokers to underwrite and process environmental and/or casualty lines for the Environmental Services Industry and/or Environmental lines for any industry segment. Work with assigned brokers to underwrite Pollution, Professional Liability, General Liability, Automobile, Worker Compensation and Excess lines focused on the Environmental industry.
- Visit existing and potential new brokers to discuss our products and procedures such as; underwriting appetite, premium collection policy, profitability issues, pricing and coverage issues.
- Possess the capability to handle all lines of business and all types of rating programs
- Capable of looking beyond individual account transactions; managing a book of business to achieve new business, renewal retention and ROE objectives in support of the Division.
- Handle all aspects of processing the Broker accounts.
- Perform financial analysis on the audited/reviewed financials or other financial information of insures using appropriate tools.
Create and solicit renewal applications from the broker after reviewing the expiring policy and loss information.
Underwrite endorsement requests from brokers and sign-off where required.
May assist other underwriters in processing renewals, new business and endorsements.
Key Risk is looking for an enthusiastic individual who wants to learn our underwriting appetite and approach. The training program will include shadowing territory underwriting managers in performance of their tasks and visits with agents to observe their interactions. Another component of the training plan includes rotation assignments with various departments, including risk management, claims, compliance and corporate marketing to understand how these departments work together to achieve the best level of service and outcomes for the client and Key Risk.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Frequent interaction with agents, policyholders, and insurance rating organizations as necessary, to give and receive information, to market business, and to make presentations to promote company business and image.
- Frequent interaction with Client Service Executives, Risk Management Specialists, Regional Vice Presidents, IT staff, Policyholder Services Representatives, Premium Auditors, other Underwriters and functional areas as needed to give and receive information or to provide instruction and solve problems.
- Actively involved in development, such as pursuit of professional designations.
- Successful completion of training plan.
Maintains Berkley Fire & Marine underwriting standards while supporting the business strategy initiatives and financial return goals through underwriting excellence. Extensive and diversified technical property and inland marine underwriting expertise will be utilized to evaluate risks in a referral capacity. The role will also support underwriting projects including inland marine product, guidance, tools and continual underwriting education. The Director of Underwriting will also be responsible for managing field authority and annual certification of our team along with the CUO. Closely collaborates with the field to maintain compliance and underwriting standards.
Referrals include examination of individual risks for: appetite, risk selection; underwriting; pricing, use and adequacy of rating models; wordings including coverage provided and other terms and conditions; rate rule and form compliance; limits management; use of loss control and/or risk management, use of facultative reinsurance; and quoting, binding and issuance process.
Additionally, the Director of Underwriting will provide thought leadership on a continual basis to always be improving underwriting standards as needed and will pro-actively adjust to market and changing dynamics.
Leads and directs internal quality and compliance with responsibility for the coordination and implementation of the underwriting review process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and maintain relationships and communication with Regional Management, Underwriters, Actuaries, Enterprise Risk Management and Claims
- Continuously looks for ways to improve underwriting standards. Shares value-added recommendations with Senior Management
- Maintains a strong pulse on the underwriting environment, market conditions, competition and other factors facing the industry
- Engages with regional leaders as needed to support with risk quality & decision-making feedback and opportunities for individual improvement and coaching
- Delivers timely feedback to underwriting and leadership outlining opportunities for improvement areas
- Acts as a resource for underwriting and occasionally supports local teams with training for best practices and collaborative conversation related to underwriting improvement
- Collaborates and aligns closely with the CUO to develop/refine underwriting guidelines and ensures adherence to those guidelines through delivery and implementation
- Maintains and improves necessary skills to manage and direct inland marine/property standards, pricing, and risk selection
- Utilizes product level knowledge to consider whether the Operating Unit’s pricing and underwriting policies and other procedures are applied correctly and consistently
- Works with product to manage and maintain usage of manuscripts in compliance with regulatory needs and BFM directive
- Collaborates with field leaders and executive team to contribute to regional planning & strategy discussions in support of the broader BFM strategy
- Works with Berkley Fire & Marine and Berkley Shared Services underwriting resources in support of project initiatives
- Acts as the primary contact for day to day field underwriting related needs including but not limited to appetite guidance, risk roundtable discussions and product solutions
- Coordinates the peer to peer underwriting review process that provides management with an independent assessment of the underwriting of the Operating Unit’s portfolio and/or a specific class of business
Intrepid Direct is looking for an experienced Salesforce Administrator that is obsessed with optimizing process. IOn this role, you will have direct influence on how our Agency and Sales teams manage, report, and tune their day to day operations. You’ll be working with all of our teams to gain a comprehensive understanding of our existing processes. Learn the ins and outs of what we do so that you can focus on supporting and improving the services we provide to our customers.
You'll like this job if:
- You’re curious about HOW things work
- “Process Improvement” could be your middle name
- Data Quality is not an afterthought
- You love collaboration and turning ideas into solutions
- The Status Quo is never good enough
What you can expect:
- Internal mobility opportunities - we're a 65 person startup with serious growth on the horizon
- Visibility and access to senior leaders across functional teams means we're also nimble
- Culture of innovation, teamwork, supportive colleagues and leaders willing to invest in talent
- Opportunity to lead change
- Benefits – competitive salary, paid time off, comprehensive wellness benefits and programs, profit sharing, 401k, tuition assistance and education
- Casual work environment,
We'll count on you to:
- Measure, monitor, and improve operational workflows in Salesforce
- Work with analysts, end users, and engineering team to create integrated solutions
- Document design and implement Salesforce solutions using standard configuration and following best practices including: field enhancements, views, reports, dashboards, validation rules, workflow rules, process builders, approval processes, campaigns and other SFDC objects and functions
- Perform Salesforce administration functions
- Provide day to day end user support
- Understand Salesforce releases and new functionality to address ongoing business needs
- Document best practices for salesforce administration, configuration, and development.
- Manage data imports, continuously monitor, and improve data quality
- Manage user roles, user profiles, hierarchies, groups and sharing rules in order to ensure proper SFDC sharing and security settings
- Assumes other tasks and duties as assigned by management
This position will assist with overall treasury responsibilities, the Unclaimed Property process and assist with 1099 reporting.
- Daily positive pay confirmations.
- Send daily payment summary to Corp. Asst. Treasurer.
- Handle all Service Now requests related to Voids/Stop Payments.
- Process check copy requests.
- Review daily positive pay exceptions.
- Process all unclaimed property voids/reissues.
- Generate monthly outstanding check lists and send to respective operating units.
- Void payments or flag for Due Diligence based on responses from outstanding check list review.
- Generate/manipulate monthly UPE upload file.
- Assist with annual 1099 processing.
- Complete monthly AP Reconciliations
- Assist with annual financial and SOX audits as well as periodic SOX compliance testing.
- Provide back-up support for daily banking process.
- Monitor shared banking and escheat inboxes and address inquiries.
- Other duties as assigned.
Accepts, retains and prices standard to moderate to complex commercial property and casualty insurance risks in accordance with established underwriting guidelines and within delegated authority level. Partners with lead underwriter within assigned territory to achieve profitable growth objectives by properly classifying and pricing risks, and building strong internal and external business relationships, Trains and mentors Underwriting Assistants.
- Evaluates complex commercial property/casualty risks, within authority level, by examining business operations, classifications, contract forms, account information, claims experience, loss control surveys, financial reports, and risk acceptability. Determines price in accordance with established underwriting guidelines and within delegated authority level. Prepares quotes or accepts and prices commercial property/casualty accounts that meet established risk selection criteria and are within the Lead Associate Underwriter’s assigned authority level. Consults agent for additional information when necessary. Within authority, determines if account will be renewed or cancelled.
- Develops and maintains professional, productive working relationships with agency force to encourage profitability, growth and good understanding of our Company’s pricing and risk selection philosophy. Actively participates in Sales Department initiatives. Assists agents with questions regarding accounts and billing.
- Trains, mentors and coaches Associate Underwriters. Fulfills role of rating and workflow expert for the Underwriting team.
- Will perform peer quality reviews and provide trending information to leader. Will offer recommendations for team training on areas that need improvement.
- Participates in special projects or committees for the betterment of the entire team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
The Admiral Insurance Group Professional Liability Associate Underwriter will work in a team setting underwriting and servicing new and renewal accounts for the development and retention of our Professional Liability business.
- Production and underwriting of new and renewal account business.
- Compliance with underwriting documentation rules and guidelines.
- Maintain an acceptable underwriting profit.
- Adherence to Admiral underwriting guidelines and referral compliance.
- Development and maintenance of key broker/agent relationships.
- Participates in all internal company training and continuing education.
- Remains current on product releases as it pertains to Professional Liability.
- Attends strategic marketing calls to key brokers.
This role’s primary objective is to deliver all that is great about Berkley One and to help our agents place and maintain business with us. Ideal candidates will have experience working as support of a successful customer solutions team that delivers world class service across multiple channels and are energized about helping others drive market growth within an organization.
- Provide broad administrative support for agents and brokers.
- Develop formal proposals for account and policy quotes generated for an agency.
- Support new agency onboarding by enrolling new agents and their staff into our system.
- Validate premium associated with quotes for agencies.
- Assist in facilitating website quote requests and routing to appropriate avenues.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
We are currently seeking a Commercial Lines Underwriter Trainee which is a developmental position. The selected candidate will learn the fundamental principles of underwriting commercial lines insurance. This individual will gain an understanding of the underwriting thought process and learn to utilize underwriting guidelines, procedures, rating manual rules and insurance laws/regulations. The Trainee will participate in a training program involving classroom instruction and self-study combined with on-the-job shadowing that will provide the opportunity to learn the business.
The Public Entity Underwriter will manage existing broker and client relationships and will develop new broker and client relationships, resulting in premium generation. The Underwriter will work closely with the Actuarial, Claims, and Underwriting teams to understand and achieve profitability targets. The Underwriter will also analyze risk, exposure, loss and coverage information for group and individual risk accounts to structure and price programs that are financially efficient for the insured and profitable for the company, and will Identify and utilize data-driven analyses to drive marketing efforts relative to customer acquisition and retention.
- Review new and renewal submissions for completeness and address any discrepancies with the broker.
- Organize and aggregate loss and exposure information and input into pricing models.
- Analyze and interpret risk data and complete an underwriting workbook for each eligible risk.
- Work with actuarial to understand the key components of the pricing models.
- Establish and maintain broker relationships though superior levels of service and direct broker engagement.
- Attend industry client centric events.
- Assist with the development of new products, services, process improvements, and marketing initiatives.
- Independently make sales calls to brokers and clients, and when necessary, coordinate with Executive, Underwriting, and Claims.
- Manage ad hoc projects as required.
The Claims Professional is responsible for the analysis and management of workers’ compensation claims for assigned clients, including minor and complex claims. This position will review, investigate, and make decisions regarding coverage, compensability, and appropriateness of claims. The position will process and document claims to ensure compliance with company standards, industry best practices, and legislative provisions. Acts in a fiduciary role on behalf of policyholders and negotiates claim settlements. Claims Professionals conduct the handling of claims in the utmost of good faith in compliance with the rules, regulations and state statutes. Experience and the degree to which a claim professional can work independently to make sound decisions, reserve recommendations and drive outcomes will determine the hiring position, ranging from a Claim Representative I to a Senior Claim Representative. The Claims Professional is expected to function with a high degree of competency and independence. The use of sound judgment coupled with strong technical claim handling skills and consistent results are expected.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyzes and processes workers’ compensation claims by investigating and gathering information to determine the exposure on the claim.
- Negotiate settlement of claims up to designated authority level and makes claims payments.
- Calculates and assigns timely appropriate reserves to claims and continues to manage reserve adequacy throughout the life of the claim.
- Calculates and pays benefits due; approves all claim payments; and settles claims within designated authority level.
- Develops and manages claims though well-developed action plans; continues to work the action plan to bring the claim to an appropriate and timely resolution.
- Prepares necessary state filings within statutory limits.
- Actively manages the litigation process; ensures timely and cost-effective claims resolution.
- Coordinates vendor referrals for additional investigation and/or litigation management.
- Uses appropriate cost containment techniques including strategic vendor partnerships to reduce overall cost of claims.
- Frequently communicates with all appropriate parties involved with the claim.
- Maintains professional client relationships.
- Actively executes appropriate claims activities to ensure consistent delivery of quality claims services.
The AVP, Senior Underwriter is responsible for the collection and analysis of data to be utilized in the selection and pricing of professional liability insurance policies tailored to architect and engineering firms. The Sr. Underwriter is responsible for review of insurance applications, identification of critical data to be collected in addition to the application if necessary, and the analysis of that information to select risks and tailor coverage proposals that will generate profitable results for our portfolio.
Overall responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Applies significant technical judgment and industry knowledge to decline risks that don’t meet our risk appetite, while working within the boundaries of our filed rating plans to produce proposals at appropriate limits, deductibles and pricing for risks that meet our criteria.
- Managing mid-term service requests to modify coverage as needed and appropriate, and to monitor individual accounts and their overall book to ensure profitable results. Also responsible for quality control of work product to ensure that proposals, binder and policy documents are accurate.
- The facilitation of broker relationships and working with broker assignments to achieve agreed upon production goals.
- Providing feedback and input to Senior Leadership Team members, facilitating training for junior team members when necessary, support for IT/system development and testing initiatives and special projects.
Completes the six-month EDGE training program and graduates as an Assistant Underwriter. The role of an Assistant Underwriter includes supporting the underwriting process and making appropriate decisions within assigned underwriting authority levels. Also compiles data, performs routine tasks, and processes accounts. Projects a professional company image through internal and external customer interaction.
The EDGE Program (first six months)
- Attends all EDGE classes and events.
- Completes homework assignments and projects.
- Receives a passing grade on all exams and quizzes.
- Completes work assignments in an acceptable manner as assessed by the manager.
The Assistant Underwriter Role (second six months)
- Assesses and takes action on new and renewal accounts to:
- Determine underwriting acceptability
- Determine proper policy issuance
- Quote assigned renewals (e.g. existing policies)
- Assess exposures detailed in inspection reports
- Review and assess claim activity
- Provides administrative support by preparing and compiling reports
- Effectively communicates (written/verbal) information to both internal and external customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Claims Examiner II’s primary job function includes efficiently and effectively handling primarily basic, commercial first-party property and/or third-party general liability losses in a “paperless” environment. The assigned caseload may include up to one-half intermediate-level losses. An ability to communicate both verbally and in written form in a prompt, courteous and professional manner is essential.
- Reviews and sets up new loss assignments in a timely manner in compliance with Department guidelines and best practices.
- Establishes appropriate initial loss and expense reserves and continues to regularly evaluate the file for adequacy, accuracy and adherence to reserving guidelines.
- Analyzes and interprets policy language in conjunction with specific loss facts to reach appropriate coverage decisions.
- Drafts frequent coverage correspondence, including reservation of rights and coverage disclaimers in compliance with various state statutes and regulations.
- Composes a variety of other detailed correspondence to insureds, claimants, attorneys, agents and Regulatory agencies.
- Proactively manages claim files from inception to closure, including identification and investigation of coverage, liability and damage issues, determination and efficient execution of an appropriate plan of action, and prompt, economical file resolution, in compliance with Department guidelines and best practices.
- Appropriately and clearly documents all claim file activity, including current strategy, plan of action and exit plan in file notes.
- Consistently demonstrates coverage analysis, investigation, evaluation and negotiation skills at a basic and frequently higher level.
- Directs and controls the activities and costs of numerous outside vendors including independent adjusters, defense counsel and coverage counsel.
- Effectively presents and discusses loss facts and issues in roundtable discussions to peers and members of management.
- Composes and transmits in a regular and timely basis Large Loss Reports and other detailed reporting documents as appropriate.
- Manages and monitors file caseload through the use of various resources.
- Obtains all required state adjuster licenses and maintain them as required via compliance with mandatory continuing education requirements.
- Demonstrated experience working with business users.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Occasional participation in projects and initiatives lead by other departments and/or W. R. Berkley companies, including audits, workshops, focus groups, task forces, etc.
- Initiates appropriate communication with members of management and other Departments.
- Attends internal and external seminars and other training events and provide feedback to peers and/or members of management.
The Casualty Claim Representative position is responsible for the quality handling and resolution of non-litigated claims including commercial auto claims in a timely and professional manner with emphasis on providing quality service while controlling expenses. This position routinely handles claims involving coverage issues, significant injuries, contractual liability issues, and other claims that require specialized handling.
1. Review new losses and appropriately manage claims through coverage analysis, investigation, damages evaluation, reserving and resolution on non-litigated casualty claims.
2. Manage bodily injury claims, auto material damage claims and total loss claims process. Includes vehicle appraisal procedures, diminished value, vendor networks, subrogation demands, salvage procedures and heavy equipment appraisals.
3. Establish timely and accurate claim and expense reserves.
4. Negotiate and convey claim settlements within authority limits.
5. Participate in regional round table meetings as needed.
6. Write Reservation of Rights and Coverage Denial letters and other complex correspondence.
7. Maintain an effective dairy system and document claim file activities in accordance with established procedures.
8. Manage file inventory to ensure timely resolution of cases.
9. Handle files in compliance with state regulations.
10. Provide excellent customer service to meet the needs of the insured, agent and all other internal and external customers.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
This opportunity provides loss control consultative services for our clients in an assigned geographical work area.
Key functions include but are not limited to the below:
- Provides consultative loss control service to clients that will assist in developing an effective loss control program.
- Analyzes losses, generates/submits comprehensive loss control recommendations to assist in correcting deficiencies and controlling losses and related costs.
- Ability to perform job hazard analysis, hazard/exposure recognition surveys and training for client management (train the trainer).
- Provides clients with resource materials, audiovisual materials and loss experience information.
- Prepares detailed, written, multi-line, loss control surveys/reports/forms to relate loss control information to others.
- Must possess effective oral, written and consultative communications skills.
- Develops/maintains public speaking skills. Assists in the preparation/presentation of workshops/seminars and other training for clients/potential clients.
- Researches, develops and delivers presentations on loss prevention, risk management and occupational safety.
- Develops/maintains a working relationship with customers, agents and/or brokers (where applicable).
- Maintains regular communication relative to loss control issues with appropriate company personnel.
- Stays abreast of current regulatory changes which could impact customer’s operations.
- Keeps informed of new techniques and equipment used in loss control.
- Able to travel, to include overnight and multiple night trips, to effectively manage workload in an assigned territory. Includes overnight travel to conferences when necessary.
- Ability to conduct ergonomic review of work sites and workstations.
The Associate Underwriter will work in a team setting underwriting and servicing new and renewal accounts for the development and retention of our public entity business.
- Performs reserving and processing of new business accounts.
- Organizes and aggregates loss and exposure information and inputs into pricing models.
- Oversees and manages the Broker Management System for data integrity and updates as necessary, for pertinent broker information. (i.e. license requirements).
- Knowledgeable of Compliance regulations, etc. and underwriting documentation rules and guidelines, and manages policies accordingly.
- Monitors and maintains an acceptable underwriting profit.
- Develops and maintains key broker/agent relationships.
- Participates in all internal company training and continuing education.
- Remains current on product releases as it pertains to BPE lines of business. In addition, may provide input and feedback during product development process.
- Attends strategic marketing calls and events with key brokers.
To support the underwriting function by inputting information quickly and accurately from a variety of sources including incoming applications into Verus core systems and setting them up in the workflow, providing excellent customer service.
- Accurately key incoming applications into Verus Core systems, review them for completeness, and move them to the workflow.
- Provide timely, courteous and efficient service to all internal and external clients.
- Assistance with various underwriting support functions, including Premium Audit and Inspection Report ordering and scheduling.
- Contribute to innovation and enhancement goals as we seek to learn, grow and succeed.
- Processing of Legal Notices.
- Renewal Setup for all product lines.
- Partner to support our program business.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Client Experience Representative role focuses on the overall client experience at Key Risk and serves as a workers compensation client liaison. Through strategic planning and the development of target resources, this role is responsible for aligning services to meet the needs of both new and existing accounts. This position includes daily account management tasks focused on ensuring seamless and continuous support.
Primary responsibilities include providing employers and agents with ongoing communications on their workers compensation programs inclusive of claim correspondence, addressing service success/issues and maintaining appropriate documentation and account records. Actively participate in creating and supporting safety and risk management plans to maintain profitable client accounts and proactively apply business strategies to achieve department and corporate goals.
- Participate in the client risk management process, identify and support opportunities to enhance client management of occupational risk.
- Provide technical and business management support to Key Risk clients and business units with a focus on reducing incidents and total indemnity cost to improve workplace safety and health.
- Virtual training and support, including required safety committee initial and renewal training.
- Scheduling and meeting preparation assistance to Client Experience leadership team for necessary onsite client services and meetings Immediately notify management of large exposures and comply with reinsurance reporting requirement.
- Provide risk analysis support to Key Risk Underwriting by evaluating the quality of risks and improving account performance. Develop and implement systems and processes that ensure compliance with Key Risk requirements and guidelines.
- Monitor updates relative to safety and health laws and regulations. Support compliance with state regulations and annual filings.
- Identify potential occupational risk elements and assist in development of alternative solutions.
- Evaluate client progress to ensure expectations are being met.
- Design practices, processes, and procedures that are effective, understandable and repeatable for client accounts.
- Client Onboarding/Service Plan Management
- Welcome Call / Orientation – schedule and conduct meaningful orientations with new policyholders
- Provide claim reporting information and service plan for policy term
- Address questions on PremiumSync/Billing setup
- Introduction and training on the Client Portal
- Provide support in policy setup to include department and location coding
- Support renewal preparation through action items identified in the service plan
- Account Management Responsibilities
- Liaison with client's claims representative(s)
- Provide claim reviews in alignment with insured service plan
- Ensure panels are up-to-date (where applicable)
- Manage VirtualMD+ utilization
- Manage In-network Provider utilization
- Promotes Transitional Duty programs
- Leverage and promote additional resources for client program success
- Maintaining client contract records
*This position may be a remote opportunity.
The Senior Underwriter is primarily responsible for risk evaluation and pricing for new and existing business in accordance with the company’s underwriting approach and guidelines. The Senior Underwriter develops and fosters positive, professional, and effective relationships with the company’s broker partners, as well as achieves company growth and profitability objectives. This position is expected to exhibit a high level of technical expertise, while exercising sound judgment, and delivering consistent results. The Senior Underwriter is also expected to be a leader and role model within the department, helping to train and mentor less experienced staff. The Senior Underwriter is expected to be solution oriented and exhibit a strong customer experience mindset.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Selects new business and evaluates renewal accounts in accordance with company underwriting philosophy and guidelines.
- Works within established authority parameters and adheres to written/verbal processes and procedures.
- Demonstrates a professional, courteous attitude with brokers and other company staff. Responds quickly and ethically to all requests/issues. Assists in issue resolution and will coordinate with other departments when necessary.
- Provides accurate and thorough guidance to brokers regarding the company’s appetite philosophy and pricing guidelines.
- Monitors performance criteria, including premium and unit count goals, mix of business, production ratios for assigned brokers/product segments.
- Achieves company growth objectives by recognizing sales opportunities, soliciting desirable business, supporting company rate strategy and diligent follow-up on quoted business.
- Travels to brokers providing field underwriting and quoting as needed.
- Reviews claims activity, loss control surveys, and inspection reports for existing policies, handling as required.
- Collaborates with colleagues in Marketing/Sales to achieve shared objectives and execute company strategy.
- Determines the appropriate course of action for policy changes, delegating as appropriate to processing assistants for handling.
- Provides mentoring and training to less experienced staff members.
- Embraces the importance of the customer experience and is execution oriented.
- Uses an innovative mindset to improve the department function and achieve strategic objectives.
- Handles other projects or initiatives as assigned.