Click column header to sort
The Premium Analyst is responsible for specific accounting functions related to premium receivables. The Premium Analyst will maintain and improve the Premium Accounting Department by processing and reconciling premium transactions, assisting customers and brokers in premium related inquiries, preparing monthly reconciliation reports and other accounting duties as assigned and deemed necessary. The Premium Analyst will contribute and assist with corporate projects in a variety of roles, such as user acceptance testing and gathering project specifications. Productivity, timeliness and accuracy are key; exercising appropriate judgment is critical.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responding to client/agent inquiries regarding a variety of premium and policy related issues.
- Performing daily & monthly premium receivable and reconciliation functions.
- Performing policy reinstatement analysis, refund analysis, SOX testing, payroll verifications, interim audits, unmatched reports and analysis, post payments, monthly/quarterly report documentation.
This leadership position is primarily responsible for providing California and multi-state technical and regulatory guidance for the underwriting department. Specific areas of focus include underwriting guidelines, policy coverage, forms and endorsements, state regulations and rules, policy rating plans, company underwriting philosophy and other oversight responsibilities as assigned. Through mentoring and training of staff the Underwriting Technical Director will enhance technical skill development. This position will be actively involved in the development and execution of strategic initiatives involving individual and program risk selection and pricing evaluation. The Underwriting Technical Director will also act as a referral authority for staff and would be expected to underwrite assigned larger risks.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Takes a lead role in analysis, research and projects involving the underwriting function.
- Serves as a technical resource and provides guidance to underwriting staff on risk selection and pricing, particularly for large or complex accounts.
- Reviews referrals from underwriters and approves or rejects as appropriate while mentoring underwriters throughout the process.
- Provides California and national expertise on various subjects to support company expansion of underwriting strategy, procedures, or systems development.
- Keeps informed on legislative, regulatory, and administrative changes that impact the Underwriting function.
- Communicates and coordinates with Underwriting Department Management, and other departments on underwriting regulatory changes, compliance requirements, and emerging issues.
- Identifies training needs, initiates training agendas and materials, and conducts classes.
- Develops and maintains underwriting resource materials, manuals and database information for underwriting department.
- Provides oversight and ensures compliance with various external data feeds.
- Evaluates under-performing programs, classifications, segments of business, or distribution sources and recommends action plans to address.
- Assists in program development, affinity group management, and identifies classifications or segments of business that present profitable growth opportunity. Provides associated recommendations, underwriting guidelines, procedures, and training.
- Actively involved in system enhancements and conversions, contributing ideas and information to elevate system capabilities, efficiency, and ease of use.
- Demonstrates a professional, courteous attitude with distribution partners. Responds quickly and ethically to all requests/issues.
- Interacts with staff in a positive and optimistic manner. Helps promote corporate strategy and objectives.
- Assists as needed with corporate audits.
Design, communicate and advocate user experience concepts for new and existing products and features that can be applied to WR Berkley Corporation initiatives, by creating and refining visual designs, interaction designs and iconography as well as site architecture, wireframes and task flows.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with WR Berkley Corporation companies, business analysts, technical staff, and project team members to plan, design, develop, implement and enhance the user experience of applications.
- Identify industry best practices for user experience and ensure that they are leveraged throughout organization to address business and user goals.
- Develop, maintain and improve user interface design to ensure that WR Berkley Corporation is setting industry standards for excellence.
- Identify gaps in existing systems end-to-end user experience.
- Iterate and improve design processes and tools to measurably enhance productivity or product quality.
- Develop and support reusable interface concepts as part of the BTS Style Guide.
- Validate designs through reviews, usability testing and direct interaction with users and product managers.
- Travel less than 25%.
Acadia has a great opportunity to start your career in insurance. During our Insurance Training Program, which begins in June of 2020, participants will learn all aspects of commercial property and casualty insurance. Upon successful completion of the training program, you will be promoted to Associate Claims Representative and will work out of our Marlborough, MA office. In this role, you will build relationships with our agents and insureds by working with them on investigating, evaluating, reserving, negotiating and resolving casualty claims.
The Associate Claim Representative is responsible for handling a high volume of low severity claims in a timely and professional manner with emphasis on providing quality service while controlling expenses. Principal duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Handle claims within established authority guidelines; refer those claims outside their authority to the appropriate claim unit for future handling.
- Maintain current inventory of open claims, review files monthly and maintain contact with all parties to claim, adjust reserves as needed, issue payments within authority.
- Meet or exceed all statutory and company requirements for quality and timeliness of claim handling.
- Assist the claim adjusting staff in those areas that may be assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This role resides in the Underwriting Systems & Operations department. Underwriting Systems & Operations department is integral to Nautilus' success as we grow our business profitably. Underwriting Systems & Operations department has four segments including Underwriting Systems, Forms & Admitted Filings, Maintenance Unit, and Policy & Document Management. Underwriting Systems & Operations department works collaboratively with many internal departments, including Legal, Regulatory, Underwriting, Marketing, Actuarial, and IT.
The role involves working on multiple tasks with high priority deadlines using system and product knowledge, as well as knowledge of underwriting and agent workflows.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for expert knowledge of assigned applications/systems. Performs User Acceptance Testing and test case preparation. Lead release night planning and testing of systems.
- Draft notification of system updates and changes used by internal and external customers.
- Report out to other departments and agents resolution of individual issues and/or business process results.
- Perform peer reviews and proofing of team member work.
- Responsible for maintaining workflow check lists.
- Develop insights and identify opportunities that will be used to identify improvement opportunities to optimize business process performance.
- Additional responsibilities as requested by unit Manager.
Relationship Management and Support:
- Agent and underwriter contact to successfully support system reported issues usually via email or phone.
- Cultivate working relationships with internal staff and agents to successfully complete business processes, report on issue status and status of requested UW information updates.
- Demonstrated experience working with business users.
As a data scientist for Berkley Small Business, you will play an integral part in changing the way insurance is delivered. The role will allow you to apply cutting-edge machine learning algorithms to a variety of business problems, and your contributions could be add value immediately as you join a team committed to data-driven decision-making. This creates an environment where your models could be quickly implemented and have a real impact on the business. The role will provide exposure to a wide range of commercial insurance lines.
- Build statistical models to both select and price insurance business
- Evaluate and refine existing models to increase profitability
- Help build internal platforms and infrastructure to speed up the data science life cycle
- Clearly communicate model results to senior leaders
- Influence others through effective presentations
- Collaborate with business experts to improve existing processes through analytics
- Strong ability and willingness to learn new technologies in a short time
- Excellent analytical skills, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solution orientation and passion for process improvement
- Advanced statistics, modeling, and data visualization experience
- Proven track record of success with broad direction and fluid requirements
- Strong collaboration skills with diverse teams and executive management
- Demonstrated ability to transform data into actionable information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
As a data science intern for Berkley Regional Marketplace, you will play an integral part in changing the way insurance is delivered. The role will allow you to learn how data science impacts the insurance business. You will gain exposure to cutting-edge data science, in addition to underwriting, operations, and distribution. This paid internship will provide hands on experience solving business challenges with creativity, innovation, and critical thinking.
- Assist in building statistical models to both select and price insurance business
- Evaluate and refine existing models to increase profitability
- Help build internal infrastructure to speed up the data science life cycle
- Collaborate with business experts to improve existing processes through analytics
Responsible for setting up new submissions following contractual rules and regulations, issuing new and renewal policies, issuing policy endorsements, responding to all agent/customer requests, offering renewals to current policy holders, analyzing and processing incoming correspondence and processing audits. Responsible for prompt and accurate customer service.
The Agency Experience Manager supports the development of various marketing, branding and sales programs within one or more geographical territories. The ideal location for this Southeast region focused role is Atlanta, GA but s/he can be located in a variety of major metropolitan areas in the region with access to an airport. This role, an important individual contributor to the Berkley One brand, will be responsible for driving successful, productive relationships and growth with our agency partners and other networking partners. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Executing agency management strategies, including tactical distribution management activities, in order to meet or exceed growth and profit targets by state and by agent/broker
- In assigned geography, identifying and appointing new agent/broker partners who will positively contribute to the growth of Berkley One
- Leading agency business planning, including new business, retention, hit ratio, profit and other targets
- Executing activities and projects relative to business development, lead generation, networking and events, campaign management and brand building
- Providing quote coaching and other new business assistance to agency partners
- Tracking agency partner financial performance and pro-actively adjust strategies and tactics to leverage opportunities, revenue generation and the establishment of the Berkley One brand
- Building successful connections between agency partners and relevant Berkley One functions in order to deliver exceptional customer service
- Contributing to the development of distribution capabilities in support of Berkley One’s business strategies and goals
Responsible for multiple operations and underwriting support tasks which include but are not limited to; document imagery, underwriting report ordering and mail room operations.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilize various computer systems to ensure the accurate flow of information to the appropriate end-user.
- Assemble paper and electronic policies for mailing.
- Code and route endorsements to either the Underwriting or Rating Department.
- Perform backup duties for receptionist.
- Process and distribute incoming paper and electronic mail.
- Collect, sort and prepare outgoing mail.
- Scan, index and route documents to ensure efficient downstream processing
- Order various underwriting reports via on-line vendors (e.g. Motor Vehicle Reports, Federal and State Motor Carrier Filings)
- Maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Arrange office machinery maintenance calls (e.g. copy and postage machines, scanner)
- Perform other duties and participate in ‘special projects’ as assigned
Join our team of highly skilled Claims Examiners responsible for the analysis and management of workers’ compensation claims. Our Claims Examiners review, investigate, and make decisions regarding coverage, compensability, and appropriateness of claims; as well as process and document claims to ensure compliance with company standards, industry best practices, and legislative provisions. In this position you will act in a fiduciary role on behalf of policyholders, negotiate claim settlements and manage subrogation.
Our Claims Examiners conduct the handling of claims in the utmost of good faith in compliance with the rules, regulations and statutes of the WCAB and State of California. We function with a high degree of competency and sound judgment, coupled with consistent results!
Responsibilities for this opportunity include:
- Analyzing and processing workers’ compensation claims by investigating and gathering information to determine the exposure on the claim.
- Negotiating the settlement of claims up to designated authority level and making claims payments.
- Calculating and assigning timely and appropriate reserves to claims and continuing to manage reserve adequacy throughout the life of the claim.
- Calculating and paying benefits due; approving all claim payments; and settling claims within designated authority level.
- Developing and managing claims through well-developed action plans; continuing to work the action plan to bring the claim to an appropriate and timely resolution.
- Preparing necessary state filings within statutory limits.
- Actively managing the litigation process; ensuring timely and cost effective claims resolution.
- Coordinating vendor referrals for additional investigation and/or litigation management.
- Using appropriate cost containment techniques including strategic vendor partnerships to reduce overall cost of claims.
- Managing claim recoveries of all types, including but not limited to subrogation, Second Injury Fund recoveries, and Social Security offsets.
- Reporting claims to the excess carrier, responds to requests of directions in a professional and timely manner.
- Frequently communicating with all appropriate parties involved with the claim.
- Referring cases as appropriate to management.
- Maintaining professional client relationships.
- Actively executing appropriate claims activities to ensure consistent delivery of quality claims service.
The Underwriter will work in a team setting generating, underwriting and analyzing accounts for development of new and renewal Casualty business
- Compliance with underwriting documentation rules and guidelines.
- Maintain an acceptable underwriting profit.
- Adherence to Admiral underwriting guidelines and referral compliance.
- Act as referral authority for Associate Underwriters.
- Development and maintenance of key broker/agent relationships.
- Management and development of new business and broker relationships.
- Coordinate strategic marketing calls to key brokers (up to 25%).
- Participates in all internal company training and continuing education.
- Remains current on product releases as it pertains to Casualty.
- Stay abreast and knowledgeable on market trends in terms of forms, coverage and appetite to maintain competitiveness.
The Risk Control Managing Consultant is the highest level individual contributor field position within the Risk Control organization. The role is highly visible to our largest accounts, agents and programs. Incumbent will consult, coordinate services and evaluate commercial operations across a broad spectrum of large risks. Frequently interacts with owners, managers, employees, agents and underwriting to determine the type and level of exposures present and controls needed. Determines customer’s ability to control the exposures by gathering information through physical surveys, program audits, loss history analysis, comparison to industry standards and customer interviews. Provides training, mentoring, specialized technical advice and counsel to staff on service planning and stewardship. Assists underwriting with risk selection and ongoing account management.
- Manage the risk control process on large account acquisition, renewal and service across the spectrum of assigned risks, and programs. Facilitate and coordinate cross-functional account stewardship activities to ensure stewardship best practices are met.
- Survey commercial operations for property, liability, workers compensation and business auto hazards and controls. Evaluate physical conditions, safety practices, and hazardous situations according to knowledge of consensus standards, established underwriting guidelines and governmental regulations. Leverages Safety experience and technical expertise to report on large or complex operations. Observes business operations and management practices to determine safety issues and hazards. Analyzes history of incidents and evaluates scenes of accidents to determine root causes and to consult in development of accident prevention programs. Measures insured area(s), calculates frontage, records description and amount of stock, and photographs or drafts scale drawings of properties to identify factors affecting risk acceptability and insurance premiums.
- Prepares timely service plans, written reports and correspondence of findings and recommendations for risk improvement.
- Consults with insured in regard to activities and programs to control losses and improve safety. Confers with employees of insured, provides informational materials and conducts training as needed to induce compliance with safety standards, codes and regulations.
- Prepares and assists in the completion of assigned file audits utilizing the internal toolkit audit system. Provides training, mentoring, specialized technical advice and counsel to internal staff regarding regulations, hazards and controls associated with area(s) of expertise.
- Serves as a Stewardship and Service Subject Matter Expert to the largest accounts.
- Position will not have direct reports
- Position can be worked remotely
Nautilus Insurance has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Analyst role within the Product Innovation team. This role is a supporting role within product development to help drive the implementation of projects and initiatives. The Senior Analyst role focuses on the following:
- Collecting, documenting and analyzing data from a variety of sources to assist in evaluating new products, programs, market opportunities and other initiatives. This may include, but is not limited to, policy language, underwriting guidelines, and pricing.
- Works with Line of Business leadership to research, develop, and roll-out projects and initiatives
- Supporting the creation of training tools and presentations, as needed, for new initiatives
- Maintaining professional relationships with internal and external customers
- Acts as a liaison with other departments, including but not limited to: Production Underwriting, Underwriting Systems & Operations, Actuarial, and IT, to ensure correct implementation of new products, programs and initiatives
- Maintaining current knowledge of industry trends and marketplace intelligence
- Additional responsibilities as requested by Product Innovation Leadership
Generally, counsel will assist TPA with coverage analysis and issuance of coverage position letters as well as providing on-going guidance and advice, as needed, including:
- Work with the adjusters to coordinate what is needed in their initial coverage investigation;
- Provide assistance and guidance in determining coverage on all new claims;
- Monitor timeliness of coverage analysis prepared by TPA to support timely issuance of coverage position letter;
- Research law as appropriate;
- Assist in the preparation/prepare coverage letters, as appropriate;
- Liaise with FEI/underwriters, as needed; and
- Liaise with outside coverage counsel
- Conduct training sessions for claims handlers
Hire, direct, and manage billing support, tax support, and premium audit supportive services for the company.
- Management of the office administration, billing support, tax support, and premium audit functions
- Hire, manage, train, and supervise billing support, tax support, and premium audit support staff
- Manage office functions to assure efficient, timely and high quality service delivery in support of the company’s operations
- Participate in initiatives to improve efficiency, timeliness and quality of billing, tax and office administration processes
- Recommend and execute procedural changes to improve overall office effectiveness
- Exercises administrative judgment and assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results within the department
- Manage department quality and production standards for optimum results
- Monitor performance according to agreed standards and take necessary action to communicate/advise/assist in performance management
- Review, define, and manage process workflows, policies, and procedures
- Communicate and respond to internal and external customer issues
- Develop self, and maintain knowledge in relevant field at all times