Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The Assistant Vice President, Claims is responsible for day-to-day supervision of the BPE Claims team handling General, Automobile, and Professional Liability claims including Law Enforcement and Sexual Abuse involving schools, municipalities, other public entities. In addition, this role will monitor trends within the portfolio and individual accounts and take action as necessary to contribute to the overall success of the company.
- Manage and lead direct reports with respect to investigating, reserving, expense management, resolving claims, and overall claims handling in accordance with Best Practices.
- Reinforce processes, goals, and procedures that exemplify professionalism, integrity, and superior claim handling.
- Align with Senior BPE Leadership securing and conveying BPE's corporate and claims business philosophy. Make recommendations to Senior Leadership for appropriate coverage, reserve, and settlement authority to supervisors and examiners, as commensurate with their respective abilities and re-evaluate as warranted.
- Reinforce and support all BPE claims employees by modeling and promoting a culture of positivity, innovation and inclusion. Seek feedback from those in the reporting structure and promptly address concerns and/or behaviors, elevating issues to the Senior Leadership as needed.
- Monitor the work product for each of the direct reports for compliance with requisite standards. This also includes ongoing review of best practice compliance results, together with the implementation of action plans for sustained and/or improved compliance.
- With regard to severe or complex coverage cases, ensure timely and effective recognition and escalation to Senior Leadership.
- Develop proficient claims presentation skills for self, direct reports and others for successful participation in the committee process and other presentation opportunities.
- Ensure that direct reports understand the importance of communicating to insured, brokers and underwriters to provide them with time sensitive information that will assist in their business goals and consistently deliver that information.
- Leads and participates in audits of TPA’s to ensure adherence to BPE claims guidelines.
- Identify issues and trends in the portfolio; take appropriate and/or corrective action where necessary; share trends with underwriters and brokers.
- Travel – attend conferences, audits, mediation and/or trials as necessary.
The Pricing Actuary supports the Chief Actuary by performing specific class reviews, analysis of benchmark rates, working with the Underwriting and Claims Department on trends and metrics, and performing due diligence analysis for updates to pricing models and new products.
- Assists in the monitoring/analysis of key strategic business metrics for claims, underwriting, and management
- Performs pricing analyses for large accounts and works with Underwriting to determine appropriate premium, structure, rate need, etc.
- Interface with underwriting and product development on issues related to BPE pricing models, pricing tools and new products
- Assists the CFO in pricing/price monitoring issues
- Assists the Chief Actuary in the planning/budget process preparation
- Prepares special studies as needed (rate indications, rate of return, large loss analysis, frequency & severity trends)
- Manages data needs for developing proprietary loss costs and severity curves
The Actuarial Analyst is primarily responsible for basic actuarial functions, actuarial estimations, and providing overall support to the Department. General functions include providing pricing guidance including support of pricing models, management and analysis of claims data, and financial/actuarial reporting.
- Assist in regular preparation and analysis of proprietary statistical data to inform loss costs, severity distributions, and other pricing considerations.
- Provide support in updating pricing models and communicating changes as appropriate.
- Assist in pricing analysis and decision making for large accounts.
- Interface with Underwriting, IT, and Finance departments to ensure data quality standards are met.
- Assist in the development/maintenance/distribution of actuarial reports and databases.
- Provide support in quarterly analysis of loss and expense reserves.
- Provide support in the analysis of segments of the business for claim trends/profitability.
- Assist the Pricing Actuary with various data requests and pricing analyses.
- Assist the Department in the planning/budget process preparation.
- Perform other support duties as assigned.