Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
This role is responsible for the review, oversight and specific handling of General Liability, Automobile Liability, and Professional Liability claims including Law Enforcement and Sexual Abuse involving municipalities, schools, and other public entities. All accounts are written excess of an SIR layer and underlying claims are handled by the insured or their selected TPA until reaching the BPE layer.
Under the direction of the AVP, Claims:
- Identifying and evaluating coverage issues, preparing comprehensive coverage letters and analysis.
- Identifying and evaluating risk transfer opportunities pursuant to contracts, lease agreements, certificates of insurance.
- Evaluating information on coverage, liability, and damages to resolve claims on reasonable terms and at an appropriate value.
- Communicate with insureds, brokers and TPA’s to secure additional claim information, communicate loss information, and monitor Self Insured Retentions and determine the extent of exposure to the insured and the company.
- Sets reserves within authority or makes claim recommendations concerning reserve changes to supervisor.
- Evaluate claims and make recommendations to management regarding claim resolution plans/strategies.
- Negotiating settlements.
- Retaining, directing and managing litigation counsel through trial; developing and managing strategy for complex litigation and reviewing legal bills.
- Attending arbitrations, mediations, trials.
- Respond to internal and external requests for information from management, underwriters, business partners etc.
- Provides outstanding customer service and works well with the insured, broker and TPA in the adjustment of losses.
- Prepare timely and accurate reports to management regarding significant claim developments.
- Participate in audits of TPA’s to ensure adherence to BPE claims guidelines.
- Ensure large loss and exposure reporting requirements are met referring claims to BPE management and/or WR Berkley management as necessary.
- Travel – attend conferences, mediation and/or trials as necessary.
Technical Skills and Competencies:
- Participating in a team environment.
- Relationship and Personal Leadership.
- Technical and Job Effectiveness.
- Innovation and Initiative.