Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
Berkley Public Entity (BPE) is 100% focused on providing innovative insurance and reinsurance solutions to public entities. The BPE Underwriter will work closely with the Senior Underwriting team, and Chief Actuary, to analyze risk, exposure, loss and coverage information for group and individual risk accounts, to structure and price programs that are financially efficient for the insured and profitable for the company, and will Identify and utilize data-driven analyses to drive marketing efforts relative to customer acquisition and retention.
- Review new and renewal submissions for completeness and address any discrepancies with the broker.
- Organize and aggregate loss and exposure information and input into pricing models.
- Analyze and interpret risk data and complete an underwriting workbook for each eligible risk.
- Work with actuarial to understand the key components of the pricing models.
- Establish and maintain broker relationships though superior levels of service and direct broker engagement.
- Attend industry client centric events
- Assist with the development of new products, services, process improvements, and marketing initiatives
- Attend marketing calls to brokers and clients, and when necessary, coordinate with Executive, Underwriting, and Claims.
- Under direction of Management, work on ad hoc projects as needed.
- Assist with the issuance of policies, endorsements and billing.
- Process reinsurance transactions, where applicable.
- When necessary, complete account transactions as required
- Process new business/renewals and endorsements for assigned accounts and perform underwriting analysis for some routine new and renewal busines