Berkley Environmental is looking for an ‘Enterprise Architect’ to be an integral part of the IT team supporting the business unit. The resource is responsible for designing and maintaining systems architecture and overall IT infrastructure. The resource is expected to have a broad understanding of various systems, collaborate with business stakeholders, IT teams, and external vendors to develop scalable, secure, innovative solutions. The position reports to the Chief Information Officer of the company.
- Develop and maintain the enterprise architecture roadmap, ensuring alignment with business strategies and objectives.
- Work with delivery teams to design and implement solutions and enable complete understanding.
- Evaluate and recommend technology solutions, frameworks, and platforms that optimize operational efficiency, customer experience, and risk management.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance during the implementation of complex IT projects, ensuring adherence to architectural standards and best practices.
- Assess the current IT landscape, identify gaps, and propose remediation plans to enhance system integration, data security and performance.
- Communicate architecture designs, strategies, and roadmaps effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies, industry trends, and regulatory changes within the insurance industry. Evaluate their potential impact and benefits and propose innovative solutions to enhance business operations and competitiveness.
The Underwriting Manager is responsible for the company’s production underwriting team located in the Nashville office. This critical new role will have the unique and exciting opportunity to recruit and hire the underwriting team in Nashville. Intrepid writes package and worker’s compensation property and casualty policies for a variety of targeted verticals. Typical accounts range from under $100,000 to well over $1,000,000. The position requires an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Intrepid underwriting goals, guidelines, targeted verticals, processes & data as well as understanding how these items interact with other departments.
The role will lead a team of underwriters, execute on underwriting strategies, manage workflow, set and monitor KPIs, and drive account profitability. This leader will contribute to the high-level underwriting philosophy as a member of the underwriting leadership team.
- Proven leader that can effectively build and manage a team
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a profitable book of business
- Multi-line experience with all commercial lines of business including Property, General Liability, Automobile, Umbrella, and Workers Compensation
- Strong background using data analysis to guide underwriting philosophy and decision making
- Extensive experience underwriting different classes of business in various parts of the country
- Experience underwriting middle market to alternative risk/large account/loss sensitive accounts; depth of understanding loss picks and working with Actuary
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication
- Experience working in a direct agency model a plus
- Completion of, or progress towards, the CPCU or other applicable professional insurances designations
The Senior Relationship Manager is responsible for new business production for accounts generating under $150,000 premium within a target defined brand or vertical. This role requires an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Intrepid Direct’s products and services and how we differentiate ourselves from other providers. The Senior Rep will assist with strategy with assigned brands and verticals with Intrepid’s sales leadership team and other Intrepid departments.
- Meet new business goals with accounts under $150,000 in assigned verticals or brands.
- Utilize CRM system in order to effectively, improves prospect data, and follows processes
- Strategically educate and develop new business opportunities to make the buying decision based upon Intrepid’s value proposition
- Stays up to date with current insurance marketplace and clients’ industries
- Assist underwriting in account and industry evaluation to drive profitability
- Sales ownership of a specific brand or target market
- Participate in data gathering and research of new possible verticals
- Collaborate with Marketing on a regular basis to develop messaging and tools needed to reach sales objectives
- Supports and collaborates with internal Client Success Advisor team and underwriting on account approach and plan for success
- Support and assist Marketing in the management of tradeshow selection, scheduling, set up and execution
- Attends and represents Intrepid at industry and brand events
- Develops and maintains high-level relationships with brand influencers owners and account decision makers to grow network in assigned brand or vertical
The Agency Sales and Marketing Manager will have a primary focus on DRIVING GROWTH with primary focus on marketing, sales and reporting/administrative activities.
This role will cover territory in North Carolina.
Key functions of the role include but are not limited to:
- Growth: Work with Underwriters to focus on new business& renewal retention. Balanced by size, industry, class, LOB and CAT exposure.
- Profit: Reviewing and Accessing Loss Ratio, rate achievement, combined ratio and ROE to maximize agency & premium growth.
- Expense Management: Control expenses within designated budget
- People Development: Coaching and mentoring the underwriting team on sales skills and utilization of tools such as the New Business Pipeline Report.
- Territorial Management: Building relationships with key agents, brokers, regulators and insureds. Understanding best opportunities and ability to put resources in play to maximize results.
As a General Adjuster, you'll work independently handling large and/or complex commercial property claims in a prompt, equitable manner. You'll direct the origin and cause investigation, analyze coverage, liability, and reserves while managing all damage components of the loss. You'll negotiate settlement or conclusion of assigned claims. This role will require travel within CWG's 13 state territory spread across the upper midwest.
This position can either be fully remote or based in one of our three offices:
- Luverne, MI
- Des Moines, IA
- Lincoln, NE
What you can expect:
- Culture of innovation, teamwork, supportive colleagues and leaders willing to invest in your development
- Internal mobility opportunities - be part of the succession plan
- Visibility to senior leaders and partnership with cross functional teams
- Opportunity to impact change
- Benefits – competitive compensation, paid time off, comprehensive wellness benefits and programs, employer funded health savings account, profit sharing, 401k, paid parental leave, employee stock purchase plan, tuition assistance and professional continuing education
We'll count on you to:
- Perform on-site investigations, evaluates exposures, establishes accurate reserves and manages defense and settlement or conclusion of large and/or complex, commercial property claims.
- Re-evaluate exposures and reserves during the life of the claim.
- Confer with Claims Supervisor and/or Claims Manager to inform, solicit input and strategize.
- Manage claim data into claim and related systems for reporting purposes.
- Coordinate investigation with Subrogation, Arbitration and Salvage Recovery Units.
- Provide technical advice, direction and mentoring to the Claims staff on commercial property and third-party property damage claims.
- Assist staff with subrogation and liability property demand reviews.
We have an opportunity for a Claims Associate to join our team! You will provide support to our claims team, reporting to the SVP of Claims for Berkley Cyber Risk Solutions.
This position will be based in our Morristown, NJ office. We offer a hybrid work schedule.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Cyber Claims team by: setting up claims into our system, generating various reports, handling basic correspondence with the insureds, and monitoring a dedicated claims email box
- Assist in preparation of documentation for claim payments
- Assist in preparation and sending of Claim Acknowledgment letters
- Stay current with all compliance, procedural and workflow changes
The Legal & Regulatory Counsel is a mid- to senior-level shared services position responsible for assisting Berkley Life Sciences and other Berkley business units as may be assigned in identifying, monitoring, analyzing, communicating, and satisfying insurance regulatory compliance requirements and goals. The role will involve legal research, analysis and contract review as needed. This position requires the coordination of multiple lines of business and ongoing evaluation of property & casualty insurance forms, rates, rules, licensing, filing, and general operations and procedures, both domestically and internationally. Key functions include but are not limited to:
- Analyze, organize, and effectively distribute information on insurance industry developments, including department of insurance bulletins, enacted legislation, and other information issued by regulatory and non-regulatory authorities such as the American Property Casualty Insurance Association (APCIA).
- Proactively identify and solve for regulatory and compliance risks.
- Regularly monitor and audit areas of company operations to assess and ensure proper regulatory compliance.
- Review, revise and test compliance programs in accordance with regulatory expectations and best practices.
- Lead efforts to manage, develop, implement, and direct changes required by regulatory and insurance industry authorities.
- Research and respond to questions from Underwriting, Claims, Actuarial, Finance, Operations, and other departments concerning regulations, legislation, insurance department policies and positions, and other compliance-related issues.
- Coordinate with product development teams to ensure that state-specific issues are addressed for new and existing lines of business and assist with product filings.
- Verify that all corporate regulatory policies and procedures affecting all lines of business have been properly documented, implemented, and communicated to relevant internal and external parties.
- Assists with broader company governance matters, internal audits, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), market conduct examinations, financial examinations and all other regulatory examinations affecting all lines of business.
- Execute projects, independently or in coordination with others, as assigned by supervisor or other business unit leadership.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for providing support to the Finance department through recording and reporting of financial information and assisting in the maintenance of accurate financial data. Key functions include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and maintain workpapers and journal entries to accurately close the corporation’s monthly books in accordance with GAAP.
- Maintenance and reconciliation of general ledger accounts and related subsidiary ledgers/systems to support financial reporting, including investigation and correction of reconciling items.
- Provide support to the Corporation in Sarbanes Oxley and other reporting/testing.
- Prepare and maintain timely and accurate statutory financial statement supporting schedules on a quarterly and annual basis including supporting workpapers.
- Preparation and distribution of internal monthly financial reports including ad hoc project requests.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and review outstanding items for all bank accounts.
- Prepare monthly Accounts Receivable Reconciliations, Premium/Loss Reconciliations and/or Reinsurance Reconciliations. Review all outstanding items for further action required.
- Prepare other account reconciliations as required.
- Prepare other monthly balance sheet account reconciliations as assigned.
- Act as backup to the accounts receivable function for vacation, sick time or as needed otherwise.
We have an opportunity for a Claims Team Leader to join our Berkley Public Entity group. You will manage a small team of high-performing claims professionals handling moderate to significant severity General Liability, Automobile Liability, and Professional Liability claims involving schools and other public entities. This is a hands-on role reporting to our VP, Chief Claims Officer. You will partner closely with a variety of stakeholders including Underwriters, Actuaries, Brokers and Policyholders to coordinate the best solutions and customer service.
W.R. Berkley is a great company with great people - come join us!
This position will be based in our Ewing, NJ office (preferred) or in our Morristown, NJ office. We offer a hybrid work schedule.
Key functions include but are not limited to:
- Lead a team of Claims Associates and Claims Litigation Specialists to properly conduct accurate and comprehensive coverage analysis
- Maintain the review and handling of 60+ claims
- Assure compliance with department policies and practices concerning file creation, documentation and report preparation; report preparation includes large/severe claims reports, and file memos
- Monitor monthly mediation and trial calendar, escalating pre-trial reports and daily trial reports to VP of Claims
- Relationship building with insureds, brokers and TPAs
- Create and maintain a diary of claims requiring management oversight
- Participate in internal and external file audits
- Work closely with all departments within Berkley Public Entity to better understand work flow and to increase communication amongst other functional areas
- Attend industry related seminar workshops and/or courses for continuing education
- Additional projects as assigned
The Vice President- Actuary reports to the Chief Actuarial Officer and is responsible for the management and direction of actuarial pricing and product support for Berkley Select. This includes strategic actuarial leadership for a portfolio that centers on Lawyers Professional and Executive Liability for the company. S/he is a key point of contact for Senior Management, internal business units (particularly Underwriting) and external parties. Key functions of the position include but are not limited to:
- Works in an Actuarial team environment to support a growing appetite for more sophisticated analytics, strategic insights and practical business guidance to promote profitable growth.
- Partners by supporting the business itself and Underwriting in particular by providing actuarial support for new products, rate filings, profitability analyses, key metrics, etc.
- Reviews existing products/rate plans once a year with an eye toward changing rates, rating formulas and/or factors; consolidate plans across legal entities or eliminate plans as appropriate.
- Creates innovative strategies for pricing and rating.
- Supports compliance department in the submission of filings to state departments, helping to ensure their ultimate approval and implementation.
- Provides support for the actuarial team in Reserving, quarterly Closing, Statutory accounting, and other Accounting/Finance needs as required.
- Creates customer segmentation, reports, metrics to identify segments of the business for growth (or retrenchment).
Are you ready to manage a highly skilled team and push them to greatness? We’re looking for you to provide strong leadership to drive delivery. You will be managing large scale enterprise level initiatives using Agile principles at scale. As a technical delivery manager, you will curate and implement portfolio management practices that balance the portfolio of our investments and continuously align them to our strategic vision.
- Deliver Results. Ability to thrive and produce results in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Leverage problem solving skills to ensure plans deliver on intent.
- Measure Value. You will prioritize high-value, high-need investments that bring value to the business. You will also continuously steer those investments and evaluate their alignment to the business value process chain of an organization.
- Understanding Our Customers. Learn and empathize with our customers. Partner with key stakeholders to provide thought leadership to influence outcomes.
- Build high performing teams. We expect you to understand what we do and why we do it. This will help you assemble teams/pods to maximize productivity and achieve business value. You will hold product and engineering teams accountable to their goals.
- Work closely with product owners, senior engineers, designers, programmers, and QA to deliver industry-leading solutions.
- Effectively contribute to the implementation of features and components from requirements and designs.
- Effectively contribute to task estimation, implementation, automated testing, debugging, and deployment.
- Stays up to date with the ongoing effort to improve software design and coding best practices.
- Work closely with QA and other organizations in the company to learn and evaluate feature requirements and functionality.
- Participate as a productive member of an agile team of developers.
- Communicate well with product owners, customer support, and other team members.
- Contribute to resolution of application support issues and perform development research into any issues that require programming changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Develops regional and local Business Strategic, Tactical and Operational plans. Executes Action Plans leading to the accomplishment of Company goals. Develops deep agency relationships and represents the Company locally, regionally and on a national basis. Partners with Sr. Management of the Company and Regional Companies as required to drive both growth and profitability. Participate in the development of Marine and Property strategic and tactical plans based on company plans, technological advances, and corporate plans. Will work within limits of authority requiring the highest degree of technical complexity and coordination. Focus will be on complex property, marine risks and programs that will drive profitable growth.
1. Builds superior distribution partnerships with agents and brokers. Develops and implements sales plans to leverage profitable business growth.
2. Analyzes applications, determines acceptability of risk in accordance with Company guidelines and practices in order to make the appropriate underwriting decisions.
3. Applies underwriting guidelines and appetite to risk selection and pricing.
4. Keeps current on state/territory issues and regulations, industry activity and trends and freely shares information with others.
5. Negotiates with agents to reach positive and profitable outcomes.
6. Develops a diverse book of business consisting of varied inland marine and property classes of business, risk size and complexity.
7. Analyzes quality, quantity, and profitability of risks underwritten and prepares reports for management review.
8. Assists in the management of the Inland Marine and Property business to achieve the goals and objectives established. Ensures continued profitable growth.
9. May provide guidance and assistance to other underwriters and to other functional areas, particularly when related to cross-sell opportunities.
10. Collaborates with management on risks exceeding authority level or requiring special handling. Provides assistance to underwriters requiring referrals due to the authority levels.
11. Evaluates underwriting performance based on financial analysis. Includes rate, reserve adequacy, operational execution, planning and product reviews.
12. Collaborates with Regional Companies in developing regional inland marine and property business plans.
13. Assists with product development in creation of innovative products and service to introduce to the market.
14. Collaborates with business partners in Risk Control, Actuarial, Finance and Claims to driver profitable results and develops program opportunities.
15. Demonstrates the WRBC Core Competencies and Innovation Behaviors while performing the Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
Nautilus is seeking a Senior eLearning Specialist. In this role you will be responsible for improving underwriting performance by creating and managing appropriate learning processes and tools for employee and agent training and development.
This includes designing, developing and delivering training solutions on a variety of platforms including on-line classes, videos, webinars, podcasts and simulations. In addition, the Specialist will publish classes on our company website.
This role will be located in our Scottsdale office on a hybrid schedule.
- Work closely with subject matter experts and the training team to design and develop eLearning courses addressing underwriting and business skills
- Develop interactive e-Learning courses using the Articulate 360 suite
- Record and edit audio and video content with Audacity, Camtasia, and Vyond
- Develop and administer testing and evaluation procedures
- Create, update and maintain training resources for the Nautilus University website and Brainier
Under minimal supervision, the Professional Lines Underwriter is responsible for underwriting risks in a book of business including miscellaneous professional, lawyers, title agents and real estate agents E&S business to achieve company premium and profit goals. Individual contributor responsible for the overall management, business development, analysis and monitoring of a book of business. Independently works within specific limits of authority on assignments utilizing underwriting policies and guidelines, rating manual rules and insurance laws and regulations as well as company policies and procedures. They are also expected to maintain and develop broker relationships, including addressing opportunities and areas of concern. Participates in product line management including product enhancements as well as corrective actions.
- Skill and knowledge of broker/agency management and relationship building.
- Track record of uncovering, researching and putting together new product line opportunities by applying appropriate underwriting strategies and standards to qualify risk acceptability.
- Ability to work effectively and within an assigned level of underwriting authority.
- Experience planning, orchestrating, and leading highly effective broker meetings.
- Negotiates standard coverage issues, closes sale, and gauges customer satisfaction.
- Ability to meet or exceed designated LOB production metrics.
- Strong technical knowledge regarding underwriting, coverage and pricing within a particular product line.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong productive relationships with individual brokers.
- Provide timely, courteous and efficient service to all internal and external clients.
- Maintain and develop broker relationships.
- Understanding of pricing and risk selection criteria.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Our Berkley Mid-Atlantic Executive Sales Underwriter maintains responsibility for underwriting, including growth and profitability, for an individual book of business while also maintaining the sales and territory management functions for that same book of business. They will oversee new business as well as manage a renewal book, including risk selection, pricing, setting terms and conditions as well as handle endorsements, agency requests, loss control, audits, etc.
Detailed Areas of Focus
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of the business, the marketplace and the company’s overall goals, objectives and performance measures through effective deliver of all products and services
- Act as a referral source, within assigned authority, on coverage and pricing
- Achieve profitable growth through effective use of underwriting and business skills in assigned territory
- Gather and analyze information to determine risk acceptability
- Recognize and advocate certain expectations to underwriting standards and create viable options
- Identify critical exposures, trends, and opportunities and develop strategies to address them
- Assess rate adequacy relative to exposure
- Recognize and negotiate advanced coverage and pricing issues
- Demonstrate advanced selling skills
- Territory Management – for Assigned Territory, Participate in:
- Development of territory game plan and overall strategy in unison with BMAG vision (current and future)
- Agency reviews (at least quarterly)
- Organize incentives (monetary or NYC events, super producer events)
- Facilitate profit sharing delivery
- Agency Management – for Assigned Territory, Complete:
- Profit sharing updates throughout the year, with focus on next level achievement (maximize revenue)
- Progress reports to plan and other incentives, monitor joint business plan
- Find a niche, questioning and developing agents’ books and matching with our UW appetite
- Schedule virtual and in person visits with pre-call agenda, inviting pertinent internal (and external) people
- Leveraging who we are, what we do to gain elite partnership with agency and perpetuate agency to top 3 of their carrier line up
- Communication of target appetite
- Distribute marketing messages that are developed and tailored to the agency
- Facilitate leads and marketing to agents and/or producers
- Resolution of
- Product, Billing, Pricing, Relationship, Service, Claims and Automation issues by vetting problem and then bringing in the applicable partners to resolve
- Internal Partnering with BMAG and other WRB companies
- Provide competitor/market intel for product development
- Collaborate with Sales Peers across the Berkley family of companies
- Offer Solutions with everything Berkley
We have an opportunity for a Sr. Reinsurance Accountant to join our Berkley Re America team! You will be handle reinsurance accounting responsibilities, Facultative and Treaty. Support the Reinsurance Accounting Unit by striving for and achieving consistent results for goals established by the Department Manager.
This position will be based in our Stamford, CT office. We offer a hybrid work schedule.
Key functions include but are not limited to:
- Review, analyze and process assumed premium and loss transactions
- Review reporting and settlement in conjunction with the terms of the contract
- Apply cash and manage recoverable
- Handle all inquiries for assigned accounts
- Communicate with Claims and Underwriting Departments to ensure accurate reporting of data
- Effectively utilize imaging system
The Manager, Client Success will provide superior customer service to our clients for their Property and Casualty insurance needs. They will lead, manage, and develop their assigned team and corresponding book of business. As Intrepid Direct Insurance grows, it is important that all employees work together to achieve our goals.
- Lead, manage, and hold accountable.
- Become an insurance expert in Intrepid’s core niches.
- Evaluate and implement processes for maximum efficiency.
- Work directly with insureds and prospects to provide initial quotes, renewal quotes, and ongoing daily service.
- Manage and train team members.
- Allocate workload to team members as dictated by workload and skill set.
- Assist in marketing and prospecting.
- Work with urgency to complete customer requests
- Maintain up to ~80% of average CSA workload.
- Maintain team-wide renewal retention rate as set.
- Visit accounts and attend conventions on an as needed basis.
- Partner with Underwriting department to assist in risk selection and strategy.
- Provide outstanding customer service with each customer contact point.
Our team needs a Client Success Advisor with a broad skill set who can help build on our success to date and propel us to the next level in the future. As a member of a rapidly growing company you’ll have a wide range of responsibilities -everything from working closely with new franchisee prospects to helping current clients with their renewals, as well as daily service needs. The Client Success Advisor will provide superior customer service to our clients for their Property and Casualty insurance needs. The Client Success Advisor will be a team player. As Intrepid Direct Insurance grows, it is important that all employees work together to achieve our goals.
You’ll like this job if…
- You’ve ever been told you’re a “people-person”
- Finding solutions is your version of a treasure hunt
- You’re always looking for ways to work smarter and more efficiently
- You’re a fellow insurance nerd, who enjoys learning new coverages and industries
- You love building long lasting relationships with clients
- "Service" is your middle name
- You're looking for a company who recognizes and rewards positive contributions byway of financial growth and career advancement
- Become an insurance expert in Intrepid Direct’s customer risk types
- Work directly with large insureds and prospects to provide initial quotes, renewalquotes, and ongoing daily service
- Assist in marketing and prospecting
- Work with urgency to complete customer requests
- Assist in training Client Success Advisors
- Lead strategy implementation for large accounts for both servicing and loss control
- Manage large-account specific projects including but not limited to telematicsimplementation & monitoring
- Visit large accounts and attend conventions on an as-needed basis
- Partner with Underwriting department to assist in risk selection
- Provide outstanding customer service with each customer contact point
We have an opportunity for a Sr. Claims Examiner to join our Berkley Re America team. You will manage a book of property and casualty claims. The position reports to a Vice President who will monitor the work and grant additional claims authority as training progresses.
We have a welcoming culture valuing our employees – we trademarked the phrase Everything Counts, Everyone Matters® to describe the Berkley commitment to our people and how we do business. We believe that every person in the organization is important and every accomplishment makes a difference in our results. Come join us!
This position will be based in our Stamford, CT office. We offer a hybrid work schedule.
Key functions include but are not limited to:
- Manage a portfolio of complex claims
- Conduct claim reviews as needed
- Determine coverage & ensure accuracy of Cedant claim cessions
- Establish reserves, book payments, complete file documentation
- Maintain claim files in a timely & accurate manner
- Develop and maintain relationships with reinsurance brokers & cedants
- Provide analysis on trends/anomalies
- Submit claims reports as required for large exposure claims
- Provide ongoing workflow reports (Activity sheets)
- Frequent and timely communication with Underwriting, Actuarial, and the management team
- Participate in in roundtable discussions
- Collaborate on Innovation initiatives
- Maintain current knowledge of insurance lines, current claim procedure guidelines