Click column header to sort
- Comply with contractual rules
- Answer all types of customer telephone calls
- Analyze correspondence to determine action needed
- Prepare correspondence and do follow up if necessary
- Review all new business policies to determine the agency assigned
- Set up new agencies in the computer
- Assign new business
- Set up new policies in the computer
- Offer renewal to existing policy holders
- Review all new business policies to determine the agency assigned
- Issue endorsements based on correspondence, customer/agent requests, audit of prior year
- Process cancellations/reinstatements
- Update files for agent changes
- Determine audit type (voluntary reporting or physical)
- Accuracy and integrity of data in the computer, on the policy, renewal offer, cancellation, endorsement and all other documents distributed outside or inside the organization
- Meeting policy issuance standards for new and renewal policies
- Meeting timeliness standards based on individual contract agreements and departmental standards
- Meeting team timeliness and quality standards
The investment application team is responsible for overseeing all activities needed by the Corporate investment accounting team. Specific responsibilities of the team include development of and continuous enhancements to the investment data warehouse, maintain and upgrade investment application software and the hardware, develop bolt on applications when delivered functionality does not meet business needs, build reports as needed, vendor management and support for end users. This role will be responsible for providing both directional leadership for the function, direct project and personnel leadership to this team as well as contributing to the ongoing development.
- Define and implement the Investment Accounting team’s vision to improve the speed and quality of investment solutions.
- Develop and maintain best practices to ensure maintainable, reusable, and valuable outcomes.
- Ensuring all production application releases are appropriately tested.
- Ensure the required audit artifacts are maintained to fulfill related compliance requirements.
- Develop and enhance the investment data warehouse; Ensure the tooling used for the supported functions is maintained and optimally utilized
- Work with developers, business analysts, customers, and technical services as part of multi-discipline teams to develop creative and innovative solutions.
- Develop, monitor, and optimize the annual budget for the team.
- Define and provide oversight (project management) for any projects lead by the team.
- Develop and mentor team members
- Generates regular reports demonstrating team activities to ensure CSFs, KPIs and organizational goals are maintained.
- Approximately 25% travel required.
Pragmatic and innovative software tester.
Be a key member of a fast paced, delivery focused team building IT Solutions. Provide excellent product support to a range of parties involved.
Who we are…
BerkleyNet is an innovative and leading provider of workers compensation insurance and services. We were started in 2006 with the goal of delivering an easier solution for customers - driven by speed and simplicity. Since that time, we've developed a national presence and are recognized for our "Ridiculously Fast, Amazingly Easy" approach to workers compensation. If you are looking to join a fast-paced, energetic and passionate team with room for professional growth and development - BerkleyNet may be a great fit for you.
The BerkleyNet Way is…
- Fearlessly Explore New Paths
- Generate Solutions and Positive Energy
- Responsiveness is our Reputation
- Integrity is non-negotiable
- Embrace Ownership and Adaptability
- Be a Community Builder
- Be an Original
- Communicate openly and share knowledge
Additionally, the ideal candidate for this position possesses the following:
- Ability to effectively multitask with strong attention to detail
- Program and process troubleshooting, finding patterns and logical thinking
- Excellent business analysis and communication skills
Work collaboratively with developers, analysts and business units to deliver on our quality commitments, QA strategy and product development needs. Develop test plans and test scripts to expand our test libraries and advance our automated testing framework.
This position requires working knowledge of infrastructure department workflow, infrastructure technology, and project management. The role’s primary responsibility will be to ensure the timely completion of information security strategic projects and coordination of with infrastructure and application development project managers.
This role will be accountable for the management of multiple projects primarily involving infrastructure teams and will work in tandem with other project management resources to help ensure that BTS standards, policies, and procedures are followed accordingly.
- Development and standardization of work plans, project dependency mapping, organization of costs and labor, document lessons learned, communicate progress, and track/communicate/escalate issues, risks, and changes.
- Delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Setup and manipulation of projects in the Project Portfolio Management system.
- Customer facing coordination and communication will be an essential requirement in order to be successful in predicting work plans and project delivery time lines.
- Build and enhance relationships with internal application team partners, seeking to drive and foster collaboration and team work.
- Consult or negotiate with technical team leads and other project management resources to define and prepare project costs and dependency mappings for resources. Confer with management, production, and engineering staff to discuss project and service delivery impacts to the business.
- Has responsibility to comply with organizational standards, programs, systems, and policies.
- Minimal travel time expected
This position will play a key role in success of business critical projects by defining overall solution architecture focusing on Security, Integration, Data and Non-functional domains of solution architecture. This role may have responsibilities for multiple programs or projects at the same time. Most project resources are responsible for a single system with regard to things like re-usability, risk reduction, and simplicity. This role is responsible for representing these same types of interests with the overall solution in mind while balancing against the delivery timelines and budget. This role will also take on the responsibility of Berkley’s shared application authentication and single sign on platform based on ADFS framework. Platform also contains some home grown complimentary .Net components. This role will be maintain and socialize the long term roadmap, provide long term strategy as well as some production and hands on development support as needed.
- Defines the optimal usage of technology and system capabilities across multiple systems to optimize a business or technical process.
- Defines system interface specifications to optimize the reusability, supportability, and performance of technology solutions.
- Demonstrates and understanding of the organizational model system support and considers it in system design decisions.
- Demonstrates a mastery of a broad technology landscape that spans the application, middleware, and infrastructure levels.
- Ensure high-performing and scalable solutions by proactively monitoring and assessing various performance metrics both pre and post-implementation.
- Partner with the various subsidiaries to create a vision for future advancement of our applications.
- Maintain the Berkley identity platform roadmap and provide production and development support as needed.
- Travel for this position is approximately 10-25%.
This position will serve as a technology underwriting specialist in an assigned region delivering profitable growth and excellent community, employee, and customer relations. Our ideal candidate will have commercial technology or commercial middle market experience.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for generating profit, growth and retention results within assigned territory
- Lead business initiatives for territory which include generating business opportunities, pricing, premium retention, coverage analysis, loss control needs, claim service needs and account stewardship
- Manage underwriting staff within territory
- Mentor underwriting support staff and operations staff
- Establish business plans on an annual basis for assigned territory
- Product training for underwriting staff
- Follow established pricing, underwriting and documentation protocol as set forth by underwriting management
- Agency management including planning and driving results
- Target new producer partner agencies within assigned territory
- Lead sales and marketing efforts within assigned territory
- Product training for producers
- Occasional overnight travel
- May perform other functions as assigned.