Click column header to sort
Binding Authority Brokers will be expected to bind policies which have profitable written premium growth and favorable loss ratios in accordance with Binding Authority Broker Guidelines, Line of Business risk appetite, individual Binding Authority Restrictions, and Corporate Entity Binding Authority Agreement and related limited Binding Authority Conditions and Restrictions. Binding Authority Brokers may also be required to oversee the efficiency and effectiveness of other Binding Authority Brokers and Technical Assistants.
- Analysis, rating, and pricing of New Business and Renewal risks.
- Preparation of Declination correspondence (when required).
- Completion/updating of data entry fields in Workflow Management System.
- Adherence Binding Authority Guidelines, Line of Business risk appetite, and personal Binding Authority.
- Development, maintenance, and management of producer relationships through visitations.
- Solicitation of additional information when needed.
- Evaluation of the performance of producer relationships to ensure Binding Authority Guidelines and goals are met.
- Awareness and maintenance of personal analysis and quality measures.
- Coordination of Loss Control services (as needed)
- Act as liaison with finance/accounting as needed.
The Information Security Architect is responsible for coordinating and consulting on the day to day management and execution of the Information Security program. Through effective governance routines, project and program execution tracking, this leader will support all Information Security verticals in their efforts to improve and mature the security posture of the firm.
As a Security Architect, this individual will also participate in the organization's evaluation of emerging technologies in Cyber Security space. More specifically, this role will require that the successful candidate can evaluate the potential cyber security opportunity for an emerging technology, understand the applicability to our corporate and operating units, build compelling business cases, and communicate these concepts across leadership. The Security Strategist will be responsible for working with the team and our various partners to establish and communicate points of view, while working with the business leadership to evaluate investments, staffing, target markets, and ROI expectations for areas of emerging technology that are recommended for pursuit. The successful candidate should be accomplished in building business cases, including financial projections that clearly articulate the mission and anticipated goals of any particular investment strategy.
This leader will assist the Head of Security Architecture in the continuous development and documentation of the Information Security program while keeping up to date on industry best practices, upcoming regulatory requirements, and emerging technologies to help ensure that WRBC can take a proactive approach to information security.
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full time Underwriter for its Managed Care segment. This position will solicit, write and retain a profitable book of Managed Care/Reinsurance business. Requiring extensive underwriting analysis and sound judgment, this role will be responsible for contributing to the achievement of Berkley Accident & Health’s financial plans by meeting established premium growth and profitability goals.
Managed Care Underwriter Essential duties include:
- Assess risk to ensure that the risk meets established underwriting criteria
- Evaluate, price and propose rates based on established underwriting guidelines while meeting profitability standards set by Management.
- Manage assigned workload to meet productivity and time service standards.
- Maintain quote logs and ensure that appropriate action is taken within the requested due date.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with target sources.
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full time Stop Loss Underwriter for our Group Captive division. This position will write and retain profitable accounts that require underwriting experience, with an analytic approach to spread risk. This role will contribute to the achievement of Berkley’s financial plans by meeting premium growth and profitability of assigned book of business.
Stop Loss Underwriter, Captives Segment – Essential duties include:
• Underwrites and proposes financial structure on accounts from 50 – 400 employees within delegated authorities that are specific to position.
• Responsible for constant analysis and development of underwriting and business guidelines
• Develops and maintains successful relationships with target sources and assigned programs
• Responsible for ensuring profitability at both the single employer and group captive level
• Manages an assigned volume of case and program activity for both new and renewal policies
• Works with Supervisor and Actuary to revise and develop group captive tools to improve efficiencies in underwriting process.
• Communicates effectively with various team members within Captive Division
Berkley Agribusiness, a provider of property and casualty insurance solutions for select commercial agribusiness accounts, has an exciting employment opportunity for a Risk Control Specialist to service agribusiness and food product customers.
Located in the Western (California) Region, this position will be responsible for providing on –site risk control surveys for both prospective and existing policyholder locations for the purposes of gathering underwriting information and providing suggestions for risk improvement.
Specific duties include, but not limited to:
- Surveying commercial agribusiness properties (buildings, industrial operations, etc.)
- Consulting with insured's in regards to activities and programs available to control losses and improve safety
- Providing training, mentoring, specialized technical advice and counsel to internal staff regarding regulations
- Contributing to the development of safety materials and program.
This position will be providing overall requirements gathering, design, development and support of build, test, and automated deployments jobs for application teams within BTS. Moving towards true continual integration with DevOps framework.
- Demonstrates a robust understanding of all functional and technical aspects of a system
- Can produce significant new system functionality or defect resolution with minimal direction
- Creates design specifications that demonstrate an understanding of most interfacing systems and supported business processes. (can understanding business processes go to the developer/analyst)
- Routinely proposes improvements to a system to improve supportability or usability
- Can perform adequate peer review on any changes in the system
- Can be consulted to provide recommendations to solve business issues based on experience and knowledge of current technology
- Demonstrates solid development processes including code review, documentation, and unit testing
- May provide rotating on-call support of production systems
- Ensure high-performing and scalable solutions by proactively monitoring and assessing various performance metrics both pre and post-implementation
- Provide end user mentoring and training in 1-1 and small group settings
- Partner with the various subsidiaries to create a vision for future advancement of our applications
- Enforce current Change Management and SOX Policies
- Travel for this position is approximately 5-10%
Join us as a Territory Underwriting Manager who will develop regional and local Business Strategic, Tactical and Operational plans. Execute Action Plans, develop deep agency relationships, and represents the Company locally, regionally and on a national basis. Partner with Sr. Management of the Company and Regional Companies to drive both growth and profitability. Place your mark in the development of Marine and Property strategic and tactical plans based on company plans, technological advances, and corporate plans and work within limits of authority requiring the highest degree of technical complexity and coordination. Our focus will be on complex property, marine risks and programs that will drive profitable growth.
Making an impact includes:
- Building superior distribution partnerships with agents and brokers. Developing and implements sales plans to leverage profitable business growth.
- Analyzing applications, determining acceptability of risk in accordance with Company guidelines and practices in order to make the appropriate underwriting decisions. Applying underwriting guidelines and appetite to risk selection and pricing.
- Keeping current on state/territory issues and regulations, industry activity and trends and freely shares information with others. Negotiating with agents to reach positive and profitable outcomes.
- Developing a diverse book of business consisting of varied inland marine and property classes of business, risk size and complexity. Analyzing quality, quantity, and profitability of risks underwritten and preparing reports for management review.
- Assisting in the management of the Inland Marine and Property business to achieve the goals and objectives established. Ensuring continued profitable growth.
- You may provide guidance and assistance to other underwriters and to other functional areas, particularly when related to cross-sell opportunities and providing assistance to underwriters requiring referrals due to the authority levels.
- Collaborating with management on risks exceeding authority level or requiring special handling. Evaluating underwriting performance based on financial analysis including rate, reserve adequacy, operational execution, planning and product reviews.
- Collaborating with Regional Companies in developing regional inland marine and property business plans.
- Assisting with product development in creation of innovative products and service to introduce to the market.
- Collaborating with business partners in Risk Control, Actuarial, Finance and Claims to driver profitable results and developing program opportunities.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for pushing the limits of their actuary knowledge. This role offers more variety and exposure to the business than a typical actuarial role. An individual with the drive to lead projects, which provide meaningful insights into the business impact of changes in actuarial analyses, processes, and/or analytical methods, will thrive at MEC.
What you will do:
- Lead actuarial project teams to provide accurate and timely analysis and communication to MEC business partners.
- Provide recommendations on actuarial projects that are well-thought-out and based on data that has been verified.
- Determine the project approach, staffing, responsibilities, and schedule.
- Measure, monitor, and communicate progress of project(s) at clearly defined points in the process to ensure that the project(s) is delivered on time, and it meets or exceeds expectations.
- Maintain focus on key objectives and manages unit work flow to accomplish completion of complex actuarial projects, removing obstacles as necessary.
- Deliver several projects concurrently and adjust to changing priorities.
- Champion innovative ideas in line with the corporate wide initiatives.
- Perform with innovation development groups to conduct insights as well as design outputs to their work.
- Lead and direct cross-functional programs to drive the innovative process.
- Influence strategic direction for senior leadership.
- Manage stakeholder expectations of deliverables and outcomes.
- Exercise decision-making and independent judgment while being aligned with stakeholders and management.
- Employ delegation skills to ensure all team members are making meaningful contributions and advancing in assuming responsibilities.
- Direct and/or assist team to provide and interpret ongoing as well as ad-hoc requests that are pertinent to evaluating the quality of our business.
- Establish clear expectations for team members and keep them accountable to those expectations.
- Promote optimal performance and desired behaviors for team through direct observation and immediate feedback.
- Utilize advanced knowledge in actuarial ratemaking and reserving methodologies.
- Develop appreciation of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Gain knowledge of MEC’s insurance products, services, and terminology.
- Master core software applications, including actuarial systems, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Tuition/training reimbursement.
- Flextime with core hours.
- Bonus structure.
- 401(k) savings plan with profit sharing.
This position will serve as a technology underwriting specialist in an assigned region delivering profitable growth and excellent community, employee, and customer relations. Our ideal candidate will have commercial technology or commercial middle market experience.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for generating profit, growth and retention results within assigned territory
- Lead business initiatives for territory which include generating business opportunities, pricing, premium retention, coverage analysis, loss control needs, claim service needs and account stewardship
- Manage underwriting staff within territory
- Mentor underwriting support staff and operations staff
- Establish business plans on an annual basis for assigned territory
- Product training for underwriting staff
- Follow established pricing, underwriting and documentation protocol as set forth by underwriting management
- Agency management including planning and driving results
- Target new producer partner agencies within assigned territory
- Lead sales and marketing efforts within assigned territory
- Product training for producers
- Occasional overnight travel
- May perform other functions as assigned.