The primary goal with Berkley Industrial Comp’s internship program is to provide an exciting, valuable experience learning the insurance industry. The role will work alongside our underwriting team learning the business from a hands-on perspective. The experience gained in this internship will provide a great foundation for future success in the insurance industry.
Are you ready to join a growing organization like Berkley Industrial Comp?
- Enter new business submissions in Endeavor and ImageRight
- Complete ELR models for underwriters, new and renewal business
- Issue new/renewal policies and endorsements
- Review and process requests received from agents as directed (i.e. sending loss runs, E-Mod worksheets, etc.)
- Assist the Core Accounts Supervisor as well as the other underwriters
Create, lead and present a capstone project providing value to Berkley Industrial Comp to the Senior Management team at the end of the summer internship.
The individual in this role is responsible for executing the overall marketing strategy, which includes a broad scope of duties focused on marketing, branding, corporate website, communications, cultural initiatives, employee engagement and social media. The Marketing Supervisor is responsible for the production and delivery of all communications both internally and externally. This position serves as a key point of contact for senior management and other corporate officers regarding communications and public relations activities, as well as the creation, development and production of marketing materials in support of Berkley Industrial Comps’ product offering. The position also has a significant role in the Innovation initiative that Berkley embarked on in 2019. Day to day supervision of the marketing team members including the Marketing Specialist and Intern provides an opportunity to grow managerial skills. This role also serves as the company’s senior writer and editor.
If you are a driven marketing professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and a strong background in writing, editing, and the production of creative marketing materials, newsletters and publications, this opportunity may be right for you. You must have a strong understanding of brand voice and an eye for brand management across all Marketing and Communication channels
- Develop communications strategies and plans that directly impact the success of key business initiatives. Regularly test and measure the effectiveness of communication methods and make recommendations for improvement
- Manage corporate website built in WordPress and maintain on-going updates to the site.
- Responsible for marketing department projects and functions such as Business Development programs, the Annual Company meeting, promotional items, Innovation, and market research when needed.
- Create and manage an integrated communications calendar, leading editorial meetings in support of brand advancement and thought leadership opportunities.
- Develop agent-facing communications, including but not limited to the writing, production and fulfillment of all product specific sell-sheets, brochures and other campaign materials.
- Manage marketing and sales-related content across all digital platforms including file upload, archiving and document removal to ensure available content remains current and relevant.
- Write and prepare promotional content and materials for all corporate events and distribute through appropriate channels.
- Collaborate cross-functionally, working across many departments to influence, manage, and drive communications initiatives. Ability to interact with team members and executives at all levels.
- Create and manage all social media platforms.