Berkley Industrial Comp is looking for an experienced catastrophic Workers Compensation claims nurse who will be responsible for overseeing all catastrophic Workers Compensation claims in the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, develop and mentor a team of 3 to 6 Resolution Specialists
- Resolve complex problems involving catastrophic claims handling, personnel matters, departmental objectives, and other assignments authorized by the Vice President of the Department
- Coordinate resources to ensure catastrophic claims are properly investigated, treated, evaluated and settled
- Determinate appropriate reserves to adequately reflect exposure of catastrophic losses
- Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of the Workers Compensation Act and Rules and Regulations in jurisdictions assigned
- Consult with attorneys, assist in negotiation of settlement, mediations and trials (attend trials as necessary)
- Attend and participate in training sessions to the accounts or account visits and claim reviews
- Ensure regulatory issues within the assigned region are in compliance
- Provide the office with the guidance and training on functional claims problems
Berkley Industrial Comp is looking for an enthusiastic individual who enjoys developing relationships to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to achieving and exceeding the regions’ profitability goals through proper risk selection and account management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Underwrites all new business submission opportunities from designated agency plant
- Underwrites renewal policies exceeding $50,000 in premium
- Manages a book of business between $10 million to $12 million
- Manages existing agency relationships and prospects for new agency relationships on as needed basis
- Achieves/exceeds planned accident year loss ratio, rate change, renewal retention and inforce premium goals
- Documents, analyzes and offers decisions with appropriate detail
- Takes initiative to recommend potential improvements in underwriting principles, techniques or appetite
- Complies with insurance filings and regulatory requirements
- Supports the company’s business development strategies through frequent agency visits, point-of-sale presentations and exceptional responsiveness and communication
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of our appetite and accurately conveys message to the agency plant; monitors and manages agency hit ratio metrics
- Establishes a knowledge base of agency needs, staff, target markets, and contracted insurers; documents agency visits
- Performs agency evaluations and established agency goals
- Supports the underwriting department completing policy transactions and tasks.
- Develop a strong knowledge foundation of Berkley Industrial Comp’s data structures including but not limited to the data warehouse and operating systems
- Build expertise of how to access and develop reports with all available data through use of programming and various technology currently available
- Help design, build and maintain production reports that can help monitor experience, manage workloads, and support increase use of data driven decision making
- Build, develop and manage actuarial data repositories, tools and models
- Assist with enhancing automation and supporting innovative initiatives to improve internal processes and external competitive advantages
- Continue to expand skill sets in programming and coding for use in Power BI and loss control software enhancements
- Provide automated solutions and support for various compliance related projects and initiatives
- Support efforts to conduct Quality Assurance audits for various AMIG disciplines (including but not limited to: UW policy accuracy, UW quality, unit statistical data quality)
Berkley Industrial Comp is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is seeking a claims role with a career path with a company that has an exceptional in-house training program. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Resolution Team by investigating medical only claims and assisting with related support duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage medical only workers' compensation claims by investigating and approving related medical treatment
- Interpret medical records applying medical terminology
- Frequent interaction with the medical providers and injured workers
- Assist Resolution Specialists by entering and confirming First Reports of Injury
- Process insurance data transactions to support the Resolution Team
This leadership role provides clear direction and support to the regional underwriting team in order to achieve stated financial objectives. The Vice President, Regional Underwriting will also contribute to business planning, forecasting, expense management, and provide leadership in insurance industry affairs. In addition to achieving defined financial objectives, the expectation is to support the objectives of all other disciplines at Berkley Industrial Comp, exhibiting a collaborative and team-oriented approach.
- Supports, coaches and motivates regional underwriting staff to achieve personal development goals.
- Ensures effective underwriting discipline to achieve planned financial objectives.
- Collaborates with all AMIG departments to achieve organization-wide goals.
- Maintains technical underwriting resources and controls that support professional underwriting performance
- Exhibits professional behavior at all times while representing or being identified as an associate of American Mining Insurance Group.
- Demonstrates tact and discretion in all communications and provide a positive contribution to the morale of the department.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with staff, clients, providers, and other departments of American Mining.
- The role will involve limited overnight travel (approximately 20%) to meet with field staff in PA, IA, KY and NC.