Click column header to sort
Nautilus is searching for an Accounts Receivable (“AR”) Manager to join our team. The right person will be passionate about working for a company that is dedicated to providing exceptional customer experiences and creating a culture that values our pillars of Growth, Excel, Serve and Fun. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, organized, and has a positive outlook, along with a natural drive to lead, grow, problem solve and learn. A collaborative attitude, transparency, clear communication, and an inclination to help others are all must-haves.
We are looking for a professional with experience leading an AR team, preferably in an insurance environment. This individual will lead a team of five to keep the day-to-day AR processes running smoothly while also bringing a continuous improvement mentality to lead the AR team through an ever changing environment.
A successful candidate will have a strong customer service background and the ability to handle multiple assignments within a professional working environment. Must possess a sense of ownership and be accountable for the AR team’s work.
- Lead an exceptional AR team to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate daily AR operations, including collections, agency billing, cash application, write-offs, and month-end close duties
- Hire, develop, coach and lead by example to further the company vision
- Responsible for creating and implementing strategies to increase the amount of successful collections and minimize bad debt exposure by maintaining aging balances at an acceptable level
- Investigate and resolve complex billing, payment, cash application, reconciliation, and system-related issues through collaboration with cross functional teams
- Develop and drive key metrics and other measures of success
- Provide AR-related commentary for internal management reporting and external financial reporting
- The Underwriting Systems Analyst I serves as an integral role in the day-to-day functions of the Underwriting Systems Center of Excellence (COE) within the Project Management Office. The Underwriter Systems Analyst I performs detailed liaison activities with the general agency force, IT and Underwriting with data collection and management, technical support, and release testing. Provides service and support of Company tools for the agents and internal staff.
This position is responsible for teaching underwriting classes and acting as a subject matter expert for the Underwriting training department. Topics for these classes include coverage, risk and loss assessment, quoting new and renewal accounts, rating, business skills, and underwriting systems. Training methods include on-line instructor-led classes, recorded webinars, and podcasts. This position works closely with instructional designers and provides the technical underwriting knowledge needed to create new classes and update existing classes. Training is provided in small and large group settings.
- Teaches new and existing underwriting classes.
- Acts as a commercial underwriting subject matter expert.
- Works with the department instructional designers to design and develop courses and training programs.
- Administers testing and evaluation processes and assists in the monitoring of underwriter development.
- Completes the necessary administrative work for classes including coordinating announcements, invitation and attendance.
The eLearning Specialist is responsible for improving performance by creating both asynchronous and synchronous online training. The Specialist is responsible for using appropriate learning technological processes and resources for employee and customer training and development. This includes designing, developing and delivering training solutions including on-line classes, webinars, job aids, podcasts and simulations.
The specialist will:
- Work closely with subject matter experts and the training team to design and develop course materials addressing underwriting and business skills
- Have working knowledge of best practices to maximize learning transfer
- Develop eLearning courses using Articulate 360 and Powtoons
- Utilize WebEx to deliver instructor-led classes
- Create, record and edit audio and video content
Provides support to the underwriting process, making appropriate decisions within own underwriting assigned authority levels. Compiles data, performs routine tasks, and processes accounts. Projects a professional company image through internal and external customer interaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses new and renewal accounts to determine acceptability based upon NIC underwriting guidelines and authority granted.
- Reviews new and renewal accounts to verify issuance is in compliance with NIC underwriting guidelines, addresses discrepancies as needed, and enters information into appropriate systems.
- Processes prerenewals by generating monthly reports and compiling/analyzing required information.
- Creates, analyzes and interprets data from various systems and underwriting resources.
- Provides administrative support by preparing and compiling information to ensure all aspects of the underwriting process are contemplated.
- Collaborates with underwriting team as well as other departments on underwriting philosophy.
- Effectively communicates (written/verbal) information to both internal and external customers to ensure our standards of excellence are maintained.
- Consults with agency staff to obtain additional information on existing accounts.
- Promotes consistency among underwriting teams by contributing knowledge and soliciting feedback relative to underwriting philosophy and company goals.
- Maintains confidentiality with discretion and integrity with both internal and external information.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes preparatory work on new business accounts as assigned by the underwriter.
- Composes reports and business correspondence such as travel summaries, agendas, and meeting minutes.
- Coordinates internal and/or external visits including but not limited to scheduling meetings, confirming staff availability, and arranging meals/entertainment.
- Provides guidance and support to less experienced team members within the department.