Click column header to sort
Looking for a motivated individual with strong work ethics that can thrive in a team environment as well as independently. In addition to robust analytical skills, the candidate must have effective presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal. The position will provide actuarial support for both pricing, reserving and analytics. Actuarial pricing experience is preferred but not required.
- Retrieves, analyzes and interprets data for reserving, pricing and ad hoc analyses
- Create new reports and update existing reports providing actuarial insights to business partners
- Collaborate with team members on department and company-wide projects
- Develop actuarial knowledge through actual work assignments and actuarial examination process
- Excellent critical thinking skills are essential.
- Ability to apply sound judgment and strong decision making skills.
The Senior Accountant is a key member of the finance team working closely with management, as well as other accounting staff, to create, maintain and analyze accounting records for the company. This position leads the monthly and quarterly ledger close cycle and is involved in various process improvement initiatives.
- Analyze operating unit performance and provide variance analysis to summarize results and provide commentary to management.
- Prepare quarterly CFO reporting package.
- Assist in the completion of all aspects of the annual budget.
- Identifies and proactively provides solutions for automation and process improvement.
- Complete monthly and quarterly intercompany reporting and settlement between other W.R. Berkley Operating Units.
- Provide key reports to various internal and external customers including adhoc requests and development of new reports.
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly journal entries.
- Reconciles account balances to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Sarbanes Oxley and internal controls.
- Support key projects as assigned.
This position is responsible for teaching underwriting classes and acting as a subject matter expert for the Underwriting training department. Topics for these classes include coverage, risk and loss assessment, quoting new and renewal accounts, rating, business skills, and underwriting systems. Training methods include on-line instructor-led classes, recorded webinars, and podcasts. This position works closely with instructional designers and provides the technical underwriting knowledge needed to create new classes and update existing classes. Training is provided in small and large group settings.
- Teaches new and existing underwriting classes.
- Acts as a commercial underwriting subject matter expert.
- Works with the department instructional designers to design and develop courses and training programs.
- Administers testing and evaluation processes and assists in the monitoring of underwriter development.
- Completes the necessary administrative work for classes including coordinating announcements, invitation and attendance.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Litigation Specialist –with potential for remote employment. Primary responsibilities include:
- High severity, high complexity losses in all 50 states
- CGL, Miscellaneous Professional Liability, Liquor Liability
- Commercial Excess GL, Personal Umbrella
- Some Intellectual Property and New York Labor Law
- Declaratory Judgment Actions
- Substantial coverage analysis of manuscript forms and close partnering with Underwriters
- Some travel for mediation and trial attendance
Nautilus Insurance has an exciting opportunity for a Product Specialist role within the Product Innovation team. This role is a technical role within product development to help drive the implementation of projects and initiatives. The Product Specialist role focuses on the following:
- Collects, documents, and analyzes data from a variety of sources to assist in the evaluation of new products, programs, initiatives, and market opportunities. This includes, but is not limited to: policy language, underwriting guidelines, and pricing. It also includes the support of projects including research development, testing and rollout, as needed
- Supports the Product Development team in prioritizing projects and initiatives to ensure the organization’s strategic and operational goals are met.
- Maintains professional relationships with internal and external customers.
- Supports creation of training tools and presentation for new products, programs and initiatives, as requested.
- Act as liaison with other departments, including but not limited to: Production Underwriting, Underwriting Systems & Operations, Actuarial, and IT, to ensure correct implementation of new initiatives and guideline changes.
- Assists in monitoring product line performance, including production, profitability, and auditing to ensure risk quality and help identify opportunities for growth.
- Maintains working knowledge of all Commercial Lines products and programs, risk appetite and underwriting philosophy.
- Additional responsibilities as requested by Product Innovation Leadership.
The eLearning Specialist is responsible for improving performance by creating both asynchronous and synchronous online training. The Specialist is responsible for using appropriate learning technological processes and resources for employee and customer training and development. This includes designing, developing and delivering training solutions including on-line classes, webinars, job aids, podcasts and simulations.
The specialist will:
- Work closely with subject matter experts and the training team to design and develop course materials addressing underwriting and business skills
- Have working knowledge of best practices to maximize learning transfer
- Develop eLearning courses using Articulate 360 and Powtoons
- Utilize WebEx to deliver instructor-led classes
- Create, record and edit audio and video content
The Litigation Specialist’s job function includes efficiently and effectively handling advanced-level, primarily litigated, commercial first-property and/or third-party general liability losses in a “paperless” environment. An ability to communicate both verbally and in written form in a prompt, courteous and professional manner is essential.
- Review and set up new loss assignments in a timely manner in compliance with department guidelines and best practices.
- Establish appropriate initial loss and expense reserves and continue to regularly evaluate the file for adequacy, accuracy and adherence to reserving guidelines.
- Analyze and interpret policy language in conjunction with specific loss facts to reach appropriate coverage decisions.
- Draft frequent and complex coverage correspondence, including reservation of rights and coverage disclaimers in compliance with various state statutes and regulations
- Compose a variety of other detailed correspondence to insureds, claimants, attorneys, agents and Regulatory agencies.
- Proactively manage primarily litigated claim files from inception to closure, including identification and investigation of coverage, liability and damage issues, determination and efficient execution of an appropriate plan of action, and prompt, economical file resolution, in compliance with department guidelines and best practices.
- Appropriately and clearly document all claim file activity, including current strategy, plan of action and exit plan in file notes.
- Consistently demonstrate comprehensive coverage analysis, investigation, evaluation and negotiation skills at an advanced level.
- Direct and control the activities and costs of numerous outside vendors including defense counsel and coverage counsel, experts and independent adjusters.
- Effectively present and discuss loss facts and issues in roundtable discussions to peers and members of management at all levels.
- Compose and transmit in a regular and timely basis frequent Large Loss Reports and other detailed reporting documents as appropriate.
- Manage and monitor file caseload through the use of various resources.
- Obtain all required state adjuster licenses and maintain them as required via compliance with mandatory continuing education requirements.
Provides support to the underwriting process, making appropriate decisions within own underwriting assigned authority levels. Compiles data, performs routine tasks, and processes accounts. Projects a professional company image through internal and external customer interaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses new and renewal accounts to determine acceptability based upon NIC underwriting guidelines and authority granted.
- Reviews new and renewal accounts to verify issuance is in compliance with NIC underwriting guidelines, addresses discrepancies as needed, and enters information into appropriate systems.
- Processes prerenewals by generating monthly reports and compiling/analyzing required information.
- Creates, analyzes and interprets data from various systems and underwriting resources.
- Provides administrative support by preparing and compiling information to ensure all aspects of the underwriting process are contemplated.
- Collaborates with underwriting team as well as other departments on underwriting philosophy.
- Effectively communicates (written/verbal) information to both internal and external customers to ensure our standards of excellence are maintained.
- Consults with agency staff to obtain additional information on existing accounts.
- Promotes consistency among underwriting teams by contributing knowledge and soliciting feedback relative to underwriting philosophy and company goals.
- Maintains confidentiality with discretion and integrity with both internal and external information.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes preparatory work on new business accounts as assigned by the underwriter.
- Composes reports and business correspondence such as travel summaries, agendas, and meeting minutes.
- Coordinates internal and/or external visits including but not limited to scheduling meetings, confirming staff availability, and arranging meals/entertainment.
- Provides guidance and support to less experienced team members within the department.