Click column header to sort
Responsible for planning, directing and overseeing the Underwriting Audit department, including managing and supervising the Underwriting Audit Coordinators. Sets and achieves department goals to support the company’s key strategic objectives. Oversees the completion of individual files audits, conducts quality control on completed audits, analysis of results and trends, scheduling and provides communication of findings to underwriting management. Develops new audits based on company goals and provides agency consulting services as needed.
- Manages the work and production of the Audit Coordinators.
- Provides oversight of the completion of audits on new business, renewals and quotes to assess the quality of the risk and quality of the file handling from an underwriting, pricing and policy construction standpoints, as well as adherence to established underwriting procedures and authorities.
- Works with Coordinators to provide feedback to Underwriting Management (based upon review findings) to identify strengths in Underwriting talents and to identify opportunities to improve various underwriting criteria and/or requirements as relates to Company underwriting standards.
- Develops new underwriting audits to reflect changes in underwriting philosophies and strategies.
- Shares high-level trends with management.
- Creates, analyzes and interprets data from various reports.
- Works as direct contact with Regulatory for SOX compliance testing.
This role resides in the Underwriting Product Innovation department and is integral to Nautilus' success as we grow our business profitably. The Product Innovation department creates and manages underwriting guidelines, forms, filings, and underwriting tools that drive the business. This role will be primarily responsible for delivering developed forms, but will be called on to assist many aspects of product implementation. Knowledge of ISO products, form mapping processes, and use of vendors such as Vertafore, Embraco, Azure Dev Ops, Smart Communications, PPS will be helpful. Successful candidates will be detail oriented and organized. The role involves working on multiple tasks with high priority deadlines using system and product knowledge.
- Create and maintain documentation including user stories and form mapping workbooks.
- Responsible for knowledge of assigned applications and systems.
Execute and proof prepared eGuide changes and updates to underwriting guidelines.
- Troubleshoot form related inquiries including research and documenting resolution
- Draft notification of system and form updates and changes for use by internal and external customers.
- Report out to other departments and agents resolution of individual issues and business process results.
- Perform peer reviews and proofing of team member work.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing and test case preparations.
- Responsible for maintaining workflow check lists.
- Create filing support documents such as memos and Department of Insurance filing objections.
- Additional responsibilities as requested by unit Manager.
This position is responsible for teaching underwriting classes and acting as a subject matter expert for the Underwriting training department. Topics for these classes include coverage, risk and loss assessment, quoting new and renewal accounts, rating, business skills, and underwriting systems. Training methods include on-line instructor-led classes, recorded webinars, and podcasts. This position works closely with instructional designers and provides the technical underwriting knowledge needed to create new classes and update existing classes. Training is provided in small and large group settings.
- Teaches new and existing underwriting classes.
- Acts as a commercial underwriting subject matter expert.
- Works with the department instructional designers to design and develop courses and training programs.
- Administers testing and evaluation processes and assists in the monitoring of underwriter development.
- Completes the necessary administrative work for classes including coordinating announcements, invitation and attendance.
The eLearning Specialist is responsible for improving performance by creating both asynchronous and synchronous online training. The Specialist is responsible for using appropriate learning technological processes and resources for employee and customer training and development. This includes designing, developing and delivering training solutions including on-line classes, webinars, job aids, podcasts and simulations.
The specialist will:
- Work closely with subject matter experts and the training team to design and develop course materials addressing underwriting and business skills
- Have working knowledge of best practices to maximize learning transfer
- Develop eLearning courses using Articulate 360 and Powtoons
- Utilize WebEx to deliver instructor-led classes
- Create, record and edit audio and video content
Provides support to the underwriting process, making appropriate decisions within own underwriting assigned authority levels. Compiles data, performs routine tasks, and processes accounts. Projects a professional company image through internal and external customer interaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses new and renewal accounts to determine acceptability based upon NIC underwriting guidelines and authority granted.
- Reviews new and renewal accounts to verify issuance is in compliance with NIC underwriting guidelines, addresses discrepancies as needed, and enters information into appropriate systems.
- Processes prerenewals by generating monthly reports and compiling/analyzing required information.
- Creates, analyzes and interprets data from various systems and underwriting resources.
- Provides administrative support by preparing and compiling information to ensure all aspects of the underwriting process are contemplated.
- Collaborates with underwriting team as well as other departments on underwriting philosophy.
- Effectively communicates (written/verbal) information to both internal and external customers to ensure our standards of excellence are maintained.
- Consults with agency staff to obtain additional information on existing accounts.
- Promotes consistency among underwriting teams by contributing knowledge and soliciting feedback relative to underwriting philosophy and company goals.
- Maintains confidentiality with discretion and integrity with both internal and external information.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes preparatory work on new business accounts as assigned by the underwriter.
- Composes reports and business correspondence such as travel summaries, agendas, and meeting minutes.
- Coordinates internal and/or external visits including but not limited to scheduling meetings, confirming staff availability, and arranging meals/entertainment.
- Provides guidance and support to less experienced team members within the department.