Click column header to sort
This role resides in the Underwriting Systems & Operations Department. The Department consists of four teams including Underwriting Systems, Forms & Filings, Business Implementation & Support, and Operations. The Business Implementation & Support Team is primarily responsible for agent-facing troubleshooting, pre-release UAT, implementation of forms and form rules in various systems, in addition to other tasks. The team works collaboratively with many internal departments, including Legal, Regulatory, Underwriting, Marketing, Actuarial, and IT.
The Manager role involves working on and oversight of multiple tasks with high priority deadlines using system and product knowledge, as well as knowledge of underwriting and agent workflows.
- Supervise a cross functional team accountable for delivering high quality, timely deliverables that allow our customers to complete their work with Nautilus either through updates of underwriting information or various business applications.
- Ensures process, reference documentation, procedures, and metrics are appropriately maintained and reflect current state.
- Supports team work assignments as needed to ensure completion.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of all applications supported by this department and their use in the quote to issue processes.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with IT, internal business users, external business users, and vendors as needed.
- This job has supervisory responsibilities. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; and completing performance appraisals. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Additional responsibilities as requested by the leader.
This entry level role provides opportunity to grow within the department of Premium Audit and the company. Providing excellent customer service is a passion at Nautilus. We foster an environment that promotes creativity, integrity, and respect. The audit team collaborates with leadership, underwriting, agents, and insureds to clarify policy intent and ensure accuracy in rating structure.
- Performs administrative support on the communication of audit status and general questions from agents and insureds relating to the audit process.
- Maintains records, prepares reports, verifies information and resolves audit common problems.
- Evaluates and manages audit ordering process.
- Log, sort and distribute incoming audits to internal audit staff.
- Research and assist audit vendors on requests for policy information.
- Assist with check deposits and other accounting needs.
- Collaborate with team and leadership to enhance and improve workflow efficiencies.
- Interact with team-members to encourage and foster a positive work environment.
- Lead and complete special projects assigned by management to assist with corporate initiatives.
Nautilus is searching for an Accounts Receivable (“AR”) Manager to join our team. The right person will be passionate about working for a company that is dedicated to providing exceptional customer experiences and creating a culture that values our pillars of Growth, Excel, Serve and Fun. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, organized, and has a positive outlook, along with a natural drive to lead, grow, problem solve and learn. A collaborative attitude, transparency, clear communication, and an inclination to help others are all must-haves.
We are looking for a professional with experience leading an AR team, preferably in an insurance environment. This individual will lead a team of five to keep the day-to-day AR processes running smoothly while also bringing a continuous improvement mentality to lead the AR team through an ever changing environment.
A successful candidate will have a strong customer service background and the ability to handle multiple assignments within a professional working environment. Must possess a sense of ownership and be accountable for the AR team’s work.
- Lead an exceptional AR team to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate daily AR operations, including collections, agency billing, cash application, write-offs, and month-end close duties
- Hire, develop, coach and lead by example to further the company vision
- Responsible for creating and implementing strategies to increase the amount of successful collections and minimize bad debt exposure by maintaining aging balances at an acceptable level
- Investigate and resolve complex billing, payment, cash application, reconciliation, and system-related issues through collaboration with cross functional teams
- Develop and drive key metrics and other measures of success
- Provide AR-related commentary for internal management reporting and external financial reporting
This role resides in the Underwriting Systems & Operations department. Underwriting Systems & Operations department is integral to Nautilus' success as we grow our business profitably. Underwriting Systems & Operations department has four segments including Underwriting Systems, Forms & Admitted Filings, Maintenance Unit, and Policy & Document Management. Underwriting Systems & Operations department works collaboratively with many internal departments, including Legal, Regulatory, Underwriting, Marketing, Actuarial, and IT.
The role involves working on multiple tasks with high priority deadlines using system and product knowledge, as well as knowledge of underwriting and agent workflows.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for expert knowledge of assigned applications/systems. Performs User Acceptance Testing and test case preparation. Lead release night planning and testing of systems.
- Draft notification of system updates and changes used by internal and external customers.
- Report out to other departments and agents resolution of individual issues and/or business process results.
- Perform peer reviews and proofing of team member work.
- Responsible for maintaining workflow check lists.
- Develop insights and identify opportunities that will be used to identify improvement opportunities to optimize business process performance.
- Additional responsibilities as requested by unit Manager.
Relationship Management and Support:
- Agent and underwriter contact to successfully support system reported issues usually via email or phone.
- Cultivate working relationships with internal staff and agents to successfully complete business processes, report on issue status and status of requested UW information updates.
- Demonstrated experience working with business users.
Nautilus Insurance has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Analyst role within the Product Innovation team. This role is a supporting role within product development to help drive the implementation of projects and initiatives. The Senior Analyst role focuses on the following:
- Collecting, documenting and analyzing data from a variety of sources to assist in evaluating new products, programs, market opportunities and other initiatives. This may include, but is not limited to, policy language, underwriting guidelines, and pricing.
- Works with Line of Business leadership to research, develop, and roll-out projects and initiatives
- Supporting the creation of training tools and presentations, as needed, for new initiatives
- Maintaining professional relationships with internal and external customers
- Acts as a liaison with other departments, including but not limited to: Production Underwriting, Underwriting Systems & Operations, Actuarial, and IT, to ensure correct implementation of new products, programs and initiatives
- Maintaining current knowledge of industry trends and marketplace intelligence
- Additional responsibilities as requested by Product Innovation Leadership
Provides support to the underwriting process, making appropriate decisions within own underwriting assigned authority levels. Compiles data, performs routine tasks, and processes accounts. Projects a professional company image through internal and external customer interaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses new and renewal accounts to determine acceptability based upon NIC underwriting guidelines and authority granted.
- Reviews new and renewal accounts to verify issuance is in compliance with NIC underwriting guidelines, addresses discrepancies as needed, and enters information into appropriate systems.
- Processes prerenewals by generating monthly reports and compiling/analyzing required information.
- Creates, analyzes and interprets data from various systems and underwriting resources.
- Provides administrative support by preparing and compiling information to ensure all aspects of the underwriting process are contemplated.
- Collaborates with underwriting team as well as other departments on underwriting philosophy.
- Effectively communicates (written/verbal) information to both internal and external customers to ensure our standards of excellence are maintained.
- Consults with agency staff to obtain additional information on existing accounts.
- Promotes consistency among underwriting teams by contributing knowledge and soliciting feedback relative to underwriting philosophy and company goals.
- Maintains confidentiality with discretion and integrity with both internal and external information.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes preparatory work on new business accounts as assigned by the underwriter.
- Composes reports and business correspondence such as travel summaries, agendas, and meeting minutes.
- Coordinates internal and/or external visits including but not limited to scheduling meetings, confirming staff availability, and arranging meals/entertainment.
- Provides guidance and support to less experienced team members within the department.
The General Liability Claims Examiner is responsible for handling bodily injury and property damage claim files.
- Requires full understanding of general liability and coverage issues.
- Will direct local independent adjusters and make liability, damage and coverage assessments.
- Responsible for determining coverage and writing letters to insureds, claimants and attorneys.
- Must have good investigative skills and be knowledgeable of coverage matters.
- Requires general understanding of liability and damage assessment skills.
- Understands contracts, specifically various insurance policies.
- Will be expected to attend seminars and other training functions to broaden their knowledge and skills.
Looking for a motivated individual with strong work ethics that can thrive in a team environment as well as independently. In addition to robust analytical skills, the candidate must have effective presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal. The position will provide actuarial support for both pricing, reserving and analytics. Actuarial pricing experience is preferred but not required.
- Retrieves, analyzes and interprets data for reserving, pricing and ad hoc analyses
- Create new reports and update existing reports providing actuarial insights to business partners
- Collaborate with team members on department and company-wide projects
- Develop actuarial knowledge through actual work assignments and actuarial examination process
- Excellent critical thinking skills are essential.
- Ability to apply sound judgment and strong decision making skills.
This position assists in the day-to-day functions of the Underwriting Audit & Development Department, with the primary area of responsibility dealing with the completion of individual underwriting file audits and analysis of results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. These are functions that a person must be able to perform in the job, either unaided or with the assistance of a “reasonable accommodation”. The essential function should be related to the overall job purpose, done with great frequency, cause severe consequences if omitted and cause difficulty if reassigned. The job would be fundamentally altered if the essential duty were removed.
- Completes internal and external underwriting audits on new business, renewals and quotes to assess the quality of the risk and quality of the file handling from an underwriting, pricing and policy construction standpoint, as well as adherence to established underwriting procedures and authorities.
- Completes “special request” audits from underwriting management on specific individuals, classes of business or programs.
- Develops and updates requirements for the automated tools used to collect and track audit results and works with IT to implement and test changes.
- Identifies training needed by the underwriting staff based on audit results and works with the Underwriting Training Coordinators to develop the appropriate training vehicle and objectives.
- Initiates requests to create or update underwriting philosophies, guidelines or procedures based on audit results.
- Understands and fully utilizes the AQUA tool and other resources used to collect, track and report audit results
- Represents the department, as requested by the VP or Manager, in inter-departmental meetings and maintains professional relationships with internal departments, external vendors and customers.
Manages the assigned Underwriting territories’ day-to-day operations of the underwriting functions to maximize production and underwriting results and ensures effective management of assigned territory by performing the following duties:
- Manages their assigned underwriting territory. Responsible for production, profitability and relationships with agents within that territory.
- Develops and executes strategic initiatives that support profit, growth, retention and customer service objectives.
- Provides leadership, direction and management in the risk selection process beyond the capacity of underwriting staff.
- Assesses agency performance and recommends the appointment or cancellation of agents within the territory.
- Tracks and assesses impact of large losses including making recommendations to modify underwriting guidelines/profile as needed.
- Provides assistance in underwriting of difficult, complex accounts and resolves issues beyond the authority level of underwriting staff.
- Reviews and monitors underwriting policies and submissions to ensure underwriting standards and performance objectives are met. Takes corrective action when issues are discovered.
- Allocates underwriting authority for staff, establishing their ability to accept risks, determine pricing and coverages, and place reinsurance.
- Creates, analyzes and interprets data from various reports.
- Plans regular agency contact and visits to agents.
- Works with other departments to develop and maintain state specific forms, rules and rates.
- Coordinates review of agency operational reviews and conducts the necessary follow up to assure timeliness of responses and monitor progress of opportunities identified.
- Represents the department, as requested by the VP/AVP, in internal or external meeting or events
- Assists with the development, marketing and communication plan for agents in an assigned territory.
- Assists other departments with customer complaints and develop recommendations as needed.
This position is responsible for designing and developing new training courses and job aids for the Underwriting department. These courses and aids will encompass several different disciplines including but not limited to coverage knowledge, risk and loss assessment, quoting new and renewal accounts, business skills, and underwriting systems. In addition, this individual will update and revise existing course material. Courses will be primarily designed for on-site instructor led training.
- Identifies internal underwriting staff training needs (i.e. underwriting philosophy, procedures, technologies) through staff surveys and assessments, review of file audit results and feedback from underwriting management
- Designs training modules (including purpose, objectives, content, lesson plans, and evaluation tools) and related training materials. This includes the development of leader and participant guides as well as job aids. Determines instructional methods appropriate for each topic.
- Works with subject matter experts and training facilitators to design, develop and implement course training programs.
- Completes the necessary administrative work for underwriting classes including copy work, collating, room reservations and other support work as assigned.
- Develops and administers testing and evaluation procedures to be used at the beginning or completion of training, communicates findings to underwriting management and assists in the monitoring of underwriter development.
- Provides reports to management on monthly activities performed, employees training status and future training plans.