Click column header to sort
Works directly with subject matter experts from Underwriting, Claims, Imaging, Regulatory, Accounting, Marketing, & Business Development departments to elicit requirements and transform them into user stories. Responsible for providing excellent facilitation of projects and project meetings capturing requirements and clarifying business needs for the development team in support of strategic technology projects for the Company. Works closely with the Agile team to provide business requirement translation of application and system enhancements.
- Works with Product Owners, subject matter experts, and IT in defining business needs and solutions for system enhancements.
- Responsible for analysis, process modeling, engineering, and re-engineering of business flows and procedures.
- Facilitates and leads general business process analysis sessions.
- Facilitates and leads systems or software requirements definition sessions that result in user stories.
- While working with all levels of Nautilus staff, develops documentation of systems/software requirements including screens, general functions, reports, data requirements, etc.
- Works with business users to ensure benefits from processes are realized.
- Provides general liaison services between IT and the business community.
- May act as the Scrum Master on some project teams.
- Supports and/or participates in the execution of systems testing plans.
- May lead formal training sessions on newly designed systems.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the creation/maintenance of the online electronic forms/rules library.
- Supports and/or participates heavily in the development of training materials.
- Performs Sarbanes Oxley testing as directed in support of requests made by the AVP, IT.
- Prepares weekly activity report for Manager.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The Computer Support Specialist (CSS) will install, modify, and make minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems. The CSS will provide technical assistance and training to system users. The CSS will purchase personal computer hardware and software and maintain hardware/software inventories. The CSS will administer system backups and tape management. The CSS must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Installs, configures and deploys specified software applications such as operating systems, word processing, spreadsheet programs etc… onto end-user computers and installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives.
- Creates or updates OS and Application layers in a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment.
- Responds to user issues or requests concerning systems operation or problems.
- Instructs users on equipment use, preventative maintenance, and supported software.
- Troubleshoots and resolves simple to complex hardware, software, and LAN problems on end-user computing platform.
- Replaces or repairs defective or inadequate software and hardware. Coordinates with vendor support on major hardware or software problems for correction.
- Performs basic LAN and user administration duties including moves, adds and changes (MAC).
- Uses company trouble-ticket software to document all customer problems and/or requests.
- Performs daily backup maintenance on a rotation basis by preparing tapes for nightly backups and assuring backup tapes are rotated offsite per company specifications.
- Purchases personal computer hardware, software, peripherals and general computer supplies per company standards.
- Provides 24-hour on-call coverage on a rotation basis.
The Digital Marketing Specialist will be in a highly interactive role on our marketing team. This person’s creative and technical work will be critical in enhancing the Nautilus brand digitally. The Digital Marketing Specialist will not only think about the backend, but also the way users interact with the website and digital content.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Manage and enhance website and digital properties through creation and updates of content and digital assets.
- Create and maintain landing pages for campaigns.
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end to end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Take accountability and ownership for all your projects through creation, test and deployment phases.
- Prepare to address and improve any technical issues.
- Develop and manage corporate event app
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spending and performance based on the insights.
- Monitor and report on digital campaigns using google analytics.
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies.
- Assist in development and execution of marketing campaigns and drive optimization efforts for online marketing campaigns.
Marketing and Design
- Build and execute email campaigns communicating a wide variety of messages across multiple audiences.
- Create a variety of content assets across a variety of digital properties; websites, social media, internal digital platforms, etc.
- Collaborate on and oversee various marketing projects and initiatives.
- Collaboration with the team across multiple facets:
- Create promotional materials (digital).
- Research and apply new software or design concepts.
- Confer with others to discuss and determine design needs.
- Collaborate with others to develop or refine designs.
- Additional duties and creative roles as assigned by management.
We currently have a Senior Underwriter opportunity available. The main responsibilities for this position are:
- Determines risk acceptability, pricing, coverage, terms and conditions with defined limits/authority and underwriting guidelines.
- Develops positive agency relationships within assigned territory while maintaining a good rapport through responsive levels of service.
- Establish types and limits of coverage to be provided.
- Create analyze and interpret data.
- Ensures production and loss ratio goals are achieved within assigned territory by reviewing, analyzing and evaluating information and taking appropriate action as necessary.
- Develops, grows and maintains a profitable, diversified book of business through effective underwriting decision making to align with Company goals.
- Reviews new and renewal accounts to verify issuance is in compliance with Company underwriting guidelines, addressing discrepancies as needed.
- Ability to identify and problem solve for agents including finding solutions and ensuring success to the end.
- Proficient at communicating (written/verbal) information to both internal and external customers ensuring our standards of excellence
- Be responsible for monitoring production, profitability, and maintaining agency relationships.
- Collaborate with underwriting team and other departments, contributing knowledge and soliciting feedback relative to underwriting philosophy and company goals
- Maintain familiarity with state laws and filing requirements to properly transact business.
- Identify and recommend changes to policy verbiage when standard text is not appropriate.
- Monitor amount of insurance in force on a single risk or group of closely related risks; evaluate possibility of catastrophe losses and take action, as appropriate.
- Ability to work well with others to achieve shared goals while demonstrating diplomacy and flexibility.
- Fosters the growth and development of less experienced staff while fostering an enthusiastic environment with internal and external customers.
- Establishes appropriate initial loss and expense reserves and continue to regularly evaluate the file for adequacy, accuracy and adherence to reserving guidelines.
• Analyzes and interprets policy language in conjunction with specific loss facts to reach appropriate coverage decisions.
• Drafts frequent and complex coverage correspondence, including reservation of rights and coverage disclaimers in compliance with various state statutes and regulations.
• Composes a variety of other detailed correspondence to insureds, claimants, attorneys, agents and Regulatory agencies.
• Proactively manages claim files from inception to closure, including identification and investigation of coverage, liability and damage issues, determination and efficient execution of an appropriate plan of action, and prompt, economical file resolution, in compliance with Department guidelines and best practices.
• Appropriately and clearly documents all claim file activity, including current strategy, plan of action and exit plan in file notes.
• Consistently demonstrates coverage analysis, investigation, evaluation and negotiation skills at an intermediate level.
• Directs and controls the activities and costs of numerous outside vendors including independent adjusters, defense counsel and coverage counsel.
• Effectively presents and discusses loss facts and issues in roundtable discussions to peers and members of management.
• Composes and transmits Large Loss Reports and other detailed reporting documents as appropriate in a regular and timely basis.
• Manages and monitors file caseload through the use of various resources.
• Obtains all required state adjuster licenses and maintains them as required via compliance with mandatory continuing education requirements.
- Telecommute and/or Remote Worker
- Manages and guides the performance and professional development of GL adjusters through coaching and mentoring of technical staff, including performance evaluations and salary reviews.
- Performs regular file reviews and audits to determine compliance with best practices.
- Responsible for controlling expenses within the Department guidelines.
- Facilitates and promotes consistent, positive Department financial results by actively strategizing with and providing appropriate guidance and authority to technical staff. Requires technical knowledge and experience, including an understanding of coverage and contract law, investigation, legal liability, litigation and reserving.
- Understands and utilizes existing technology resources and data to measure and monitor financial and performance trends.
- Facilitates the improvement of all systems applications utilized in the Department, including CWS, Va3i and Data Oasis, for successful and efficient claims handling and related workflow processes.
- Responsibility for various projects related to achieving Department goals (i.e., cost management, quality assurance, SIU, training and development, etc.)
- Regular participation in the interviewing process for potential new hire candidates.
- Occasional responsibility for handling claims that are very complex and/or involve sensitive or confidential information.
- Reviews and approves coverage letters and responses to regulatory agency inquiries.
- Reviews and approves Large Loss Reports.
This position assists in the day-to-day functions of the Underwriting Audit and Development Department, with the primary areas of responsibility including training materials, conducting new hire on boarding, managing internship program, and Nautilus University
- Identifies internal underwriting staff training needs (i.e. underwriting philosophy, procedures, technologies) through staff surveys and assessments, review of file audit results and feedback from underwriting management.
- Designs training modules (including purpose, objectives, content, lesson plans, and evaluation tools) and related training materials. This includes the development of leader and participant guides as well as job aids. Determines instructional methods appropriate for each topic (i.e. individual training, group instruction, case studies, demonstrations, webinars, teleconferences, eLearning etc.).
- Works with subject matter experts to design, develop and implement course training programs.
- Completes the necessary administrative work for underwriting classes including copy work, collating, room reservations and other support work as assigned.
- Prepares training schedules for internal staff based on resource availability and participant schedules.
- Develops and administers testing and evaluation procedures to be used at the beginning or completion of training, communicates findings to underwriting management and assists in the monitoring of underwriter development.
- Coordinates schedules for corporate, agency, college or summer interns and facilitates orientation for the underwriting portion of the internship.
- Initiates requests to Underwriting Operations to create or update underwriting philosophies, guidelines or procedures based on training feedback
- Provides reports to management on monthly activities performed, employees training status and future training plans.