Click column header to sort
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Litigation Specialist –with potential for remote employment. Primary responsibilities include:
- High severity, high complexity losses in all 50 states
- CGL, Miscellaneous Professional Liability, Liquor Liability
- Commercial Excess GL, Personal Umbrella
- Some Intellectual Property and New York Labor Law
- Declaratory Judgment Actions
- Substantial coverage analysis of manuscript forms and close partnering with Underwriters
- Some travel for mediation and trial attendance
- Accountable for working with the AVP of IT to establish high-level IT strategic plans, goals, policies and procedures. Develops plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources associated with the strategic plans and manages the completion of those plans.
- Experienced in the AGILE / SRUM methodology
- Manages mid-sized development team (8-10 people)
- Effectively plans and coordinates training programs with direct reports and completes performance reviews in a timely manner.
- Manage assigned developers while ensuring high productivity and performance by meeting deadlines and quality parameters.
- Owns the development lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout the project as requested. Expected to deliver software to QAT with a maximum of 15% of rework for the team.
- Consults with management and customers and reviews systems project proposals to determine goals, time frames, funding limitations, functional scope, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
- Provides management direction by applying specialized and technical knowledge in software development practices and execution for the various software development efforts and technology functions.
- Enforces adherence to software development, maintenance, change and deployment methodologies in compliance with established Nautilus SDLC rules and Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
- Identifies and assist in the improvement of software development processes, best practices and tools.
- Communicates regularly and effectively with staff and internal/external customers by providing timely updates on project status, risks and costs when appropriate and acts as a trusted advisor on software development decisions.
- Coordinates recruitment or assignment of project personnel, including contractors, and directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
The Principle Software Developer (Team Lead) will be part of an agile development team, building and working on enterprise grade software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack. The Software Development Team Lead will provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship, technical reviews and feedback, and setting examples with hands-on development.
Principle Software Developer Job Duties:
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and quality assurance analyst to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web-based business applications built on Microsoft technologies.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Identify opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members. Champion constant improvements to the team’s working agreement.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Provide third-level support to business users.
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Proficient with Microsoft .NET Core using C#
- In depth knowledge and experience with core Microsoft .Net technologies including: WCF, WPF, WF, LINQ and EF
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade software
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments (TFS Preferred)
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
Preferred Competency Requirements:
- Experience with database development including relational database design, SQL and ORM technologies
- Experience with user interface design and prototyping
The eLearning Specialist is responsible for improving performance by creating, using and managing appropriate learning technological processes and resources for employee training and development. This includes designing, developing and delivering training solutions on a variety of platforms including e-Learning, videos, webinars, and simulations.
The specialist will:
- Work closely with subject matter experts and the training team to design and develop course materials addressing underwriting and soft-skills
- Develop and administer testing and evaluation procedures
- Develop interactive e-Learning courses using Articulate Storyline 3
- Record and edit audio and video content
- Create, update and maintain intranet training resources
- Create, update and maintain customer training resources via the company website
Service contact for Underwriting, Actuary, Claims, PDM, Regulatory, Accounting, Marketing & Business Development Divisions specific to internal company applications and systems. May be assigned a specific division of focus. Responsible for identifying and defining requirements for the use of technology to improve any aspect of the processes and systems and quantification of potential business benefits. Works closely with IT developer/programmers on technical requirements and Business Sponsors to collect & provide business requirement translation in conjunction with the business units of application and system enhancements.
- Applies understanding of technology life cycles and the concepts and practices required to implement effective information systems, including general disciplines of project management.
- Analyze reported issues to identify correct course of action (new development, defect, enhancement or training need based on functional knowledge) and routes to correct team for resolution.
- Collaborates with end-users in defining business needs for the requested bug fixes and system enhancements.
- Provides requirements definition and documentation services in support of all technology projects for the Company.
- Provides general communication between IT and the business community throughout the project life cycle.
- Supports the Dev and QA team by being the “go to” for clarification on application’s expected behavior based on business and technical needs.
- Creates/Assists with the following forms of documentation, as needed, throughout the project life cycle:
- Business Requirements – including Use Cases, Story Boards
- Technical Specifications – design docs, architectural, data flow
- Functional Specifications
- UI Specifications
- Supporting Artifacts
- Non-Functional Specifications
- Supports the following forms of documentation, as needed, throughout the project life cycle:
- User Guides
- Training Materials
- Understanding of basic and complex software security concepts
- Awareness of Software Integration Systems e.g., webMethods, Tibco, SSIS
- Understanding of RDBMS principles and tools e.g., Microsoft SQL Server
- Understanding of simple to moderate technical infrastructure principles e.g., Windows Server, UNIX, Tomcat, IIS
- Understanding of programming languages and frameworks e.g., Microsoft .NET, C##, Java, etc.
- Software development experience preferably in a Microsoft shp.
- Understanding of full system data flow and have the ability to document for multiple audiences (high level in a manner easily understood by business stakeholders as well as technically in depth to guide Development and QA efforts)
- Ability to develop batch scripts and stored procedures
- Ability to trace full system integration points and translate to technical workflows
- Understanding of at least one requirements management toolset (TFS/JIRA)
- Prior experience using Balsamiq and or Visio
- Understand Data Flows and data mapping and conversion mapping for complexity ranging from Single application data flow to highly integrated systems
- Familiarity with Cloud (AZURE / AWS / GOOGLE) concepts as well as on-prem
- Familiarity with CI/CD deployment models
- Ability to create requirements for Simple to Complex projects (including Data Retention requirements, Reporting Definition and Data Security Requirements)
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understanding of Project Management methodology
- Understanding of full SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) methodologies
- Understanding of Dev/Quality/Agile & SCRUM Best Practices
- Ability to Perform Business Process Modeling (includes logical modeling, data retention, and business process modeling) for Simple to Complex projects
- Analysis, process modeling, engineering and re-engineering of business flows and procedures
- Assists Project Managers to define and coordinate project scope and required resources.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Managerial staff.
The Digital Marketing Specialist will be in a highly interactive role on our marketing team. This person’s creative and technical work will be critical in enhancing the Nautilus brand digitally. The Digital Marketing Specialist will not only think about the backend, but also the way users interact with the website and digital content.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Manage and enhance website and digital properties through creation and updates of content and digital assets.
- Create and maintain landing pages for campaigns.
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end to end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Take accountability and ownership for all your projects through creation, test and deployment phases.
- Prepare to address and improve any technical issues.
- Develop and manage corporate event app
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spending and performance based on the insights.
- Monitor and report on digital campaigns using google analytics.
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies.
- Assist in development and execution of marketing campaigns and drive optimization efforts for online marketing campaigns.
Marketing and Design
- Build and execute email campaigns communicating a wide variety of messages across multiple audiences.
- Create a variety of content assets across a variety of digital properties; websites, social media, internal digital platforms, etc.
- Collaborate on and oversee various marketing projects and initiatives.
- Collaboration with the team across multiple facets:
- Create promotional materials (digital).
- Research and apply new software or design concepts.
- Confer with others to discuss and determine design needs.
- Collaborate with others to develop or refine designs.
- Additional duties and creative roles as assigned by management.
We currently have a Senior Underwriter opportunity available. The main responsibilities for this position are:
- Determines risk acceptability, pricing, coverage, terms and conditions with defined limits/authority and underwriting guidelines.
- Develops positive agency relationships within assigned territory while maintaining a good rapport through responsive levels of service.
- Establish types and limits of coverage to be provided.
- Create analyze and interpret data.
- Ensures production and loss ratio goals are achieved within assigned territory by reviewing, analyzing and evaluating information and taking appropriate action as necessary.
- Develops, grows and maintains a profitable, diversified book of business through effective underwriting decision making to align with Company goals.
- Reviews new and renewal accounts to verify issuance is in compliance with Company underwriting guidelines, addressing discrepancies as needed.
- Ability to identify and problem solve for agents including finding solutions and ensuring success to the end.
- Proficient at communicating (written/verbal) information to both internal and external customers ensuring our standards of excellence
- Be responsible for monitoring production, profitability, and maintaining agency relationships.
- Collaborate with underwriting team and other departments, contributing knowledge and soliciting feedback relative to underwriting philosophy and company goals
- Maintain familiarity with state laws and filing requirements to properly transact business.
- Identify and recommend changes to policy verbiage when standard text is not appropriate.
- Monitor amount of insurance in force on a single risk or group of closely related risks; evaluate possibility of catastrophe losses and take action, as appropriate.
- Ability to work well with others to achieve shared goals while demonstrating diplomacy and flexibility.
- Fosters the growth and development of less experienced staff while fostering an enthusiastic environment with internal and external customers.