Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
Nautilus Insurance has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Analyst role within the Product Innovation team. This role is a supporting role within product development to help drive the implementation of projects and initiatives. The Senior Analyst role focuses on the following:
- Collects, documents, and analyzes data from a variety of sources to assist in the evaluation of new products, programs, initiatives, and market opportunities. This includes, but is not limited to: policy language, underwriting guidelines, and pricing. It also includes the support of projects including research development, testing and rollout, as needed
- Supports the Product Development team with collecting information and implementation of projects and initiatives.
- Maintains professional relationships with internal and external customers.
- Supports creation of training tools and presentation for new products, programs and initiatives, as requested.
- Act as liaison with other departments, including but not limited to: Production Underwriting, Underwriting Systems & Operations, Actuarial, and IT, to ensure correct implementation of new initiatives and guideline changes.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry and marketplace intelligence.
- Additional responsibilities as requested by Product Innovation Leadership.
Provides support to the underwriting process, making appropriate decisions within own underwriting assigned authority levels. Compiles data, performs routine tasks, and processes accounts. Projects a professional company image through internal and external customer interaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses new and renewal accounts to determine acceptability based upon NIC underwriting guidelines and authority granted.
- Reviews new and renewal accounts to verify issuance is in compliance with NIC underwriting guidelines, addresses discrepancies as needed, and enters information into appropriate systems.
- Processes prerenewals by generating monthly reports and compiling/analyzing required information.
- Creates, analyzes and interprets data from various systems and underwriting resources.
- Provides administrative support by preparing and compiling information to ensure all aspects of the underwriting process are contemplated.
- Collaborates with underwriting team as well as other departments on underwriting philosophy.
- Effectively communicates (written/verbal) information to both internal and external customers to ensure our standards of excellence are maintained.
- Consults with agency staff to obtain additional information on existing accounts.
- Promotes consistency among underwriting teams by contributing knowledge and soliciting feedback relative to underwriting philosophy and company goals.
- Maintains confidentiality with discretion and integrity with both internal and external information.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes preparatory work on new business accounts as assigned by the underwriter.
- Composes reports and business correspondence such as travel summaries, agendas, and meeting minutes.
- Coordinates internal and/or external visits including but not limited to scheduling meetings, confirming staff availability, and arranging meals/entertainment.
- Provides guidance and support to less experienced team members within the department.