Click column header to sort
Performs all mailroom responsibilities to include and not be limited to processing incoming, outgoing mail, shipments, distribution and fax routines. Performs alpha search activities and redirects mortgage correspondence to appropriate agent and/or mortgage contract. Performs claims, collections and audit letter mail outgoing workflows related to copy jobs, inserts and proper mailing instructions based upon letter types. Completes office supply order deliveries. Assists with office set-ups for meetings and new hires set-ups.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sort mail by department, open and deliver to the appropriate departments and/or individuals. Process outgoing mail and shipments throughout the day. Assure accurate posting and method of shipment is being used. Deliver incoming packages to appropriate departments and/or individuals throughout the day at designated times.
- Handle mass mailings with proper packaging materials and method for documents and Promotional
- Fax outgoing documents while sorting, prioritizing and delivering incoming fax documents at designated
- Review and handle Mortgage letters as outlined in the procedures
- Conduct alpha search on all unidentified documents using appropriate systems to determine correct policy number, claim number or agency. Distribute documents accordingly to appropriate department, individual or agency.
- Select, verify and print Audit letters by type, verify print completions from batches before deletions followed by running through folder inserted equipment in outgoing mail workflow.
- Collect Claims outgoing mail from Examiners and print copies based upon letter requests for recipient copies mailing based upon directions.
- Assemble Collection letters based upon style of letter include return envelopes for outgoing mail and shipment instructions.
- Process certified mailings based upon direction and folIow-up with documentation confirmation from Post Office
- Track parcels and create reports based upon information requested.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate with vendors and management regarding equipment and/or service needs.
- Assist management on evaluation of equipment upgrades and/or workflow changes.
- Assist in room configurations for meetings or events.
- Assist in Office Supply deliveries and office supply room inventory/organization
Provides support to the underwriting process, making appropriate decisions within own underwriting assigned authority levels. Compiles data, performs routine tasks, and processes accounts. Projects a professional company image through internal and external customer interaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses new and renewal accounts to determine acceptability based upon NIC underwriting guidelines and authority granted.
- Reviews new and renewal accounts to verify issuance is in compliance with NIC underwriting guidelines, addresses discrepancies as needed, and enters information into appropriate systems.
- Processes prerenewals by generating monthly reports and compiling/analyzing required information.
- Creates, analyzes and interprets data from various systems and underwriting resources.
- Provides administrative support by preparing and compiling information to ensure all aspects of the underwriting process are contemplated.
- Collaborates with underwriting team as well as other departments on underwriting philosophy.
- Effectively communicates (written/verbal) information to both internal and external customers to ensure our standards of excellence are maintained.
- Consults with agency staff to obtain additional information on existing accounts.
- Promotes consistency among underwriting teams by contributing knowledge and soliciting feedback relative to underwriting philosophy and company goals.
- Maintains confidentiality with discretion and integrity with both internal and external information.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes preparatory work on new business accounts as assigned by the underwriter.
- Composes reports and business correspondence such as travel summaries, agendas, and meeting minutes.
- Coordinates internal and/or external visits including but not limited to scheduling meetings, confirming staff availability, and arranging meals/entertainment.
- Provides guidance and support to less experienced team members within the department.
Manages the assigned Underwriting territories’ day-to-day operations of the underwriting functions to maximize production and underwriting results and ensures effective management of assigned territory by performing the following duties:
- Manages their assigned underwriting territory. Responsible for production, profitability and relationships with agents within that territory.
- Develops and executes strategic initiatives that support profit, growth, retention and customer service objectives.
- Provides leadership, direction and management in the risk selection process beyond the capacity of underwriting staff.
- Assesses agency performance and recommends the appointment or cancellation of agents within the territory.
- Tracks and assesses impact of large losses including making recommendations to modify underwriting guidelines/profile as needed.
- Provides assistance in underwriting of difficult, complex accounts and resolves issues beyond the authority level of underwriting staff.
- Reviews and monitors underwriting policies and submissions to ensure underwriting standards and performance objectives are met. Takes corrective action when issues are discovered.
- Allocates underwriting authority for staff, establishing their ability to accept risks, determine pricing and coverages, and place reinsurance.
- Creates, analyzes and interprets data from various reports.
- Plans regular agency contact and visits to agents.
- Works with other departments to develop and maintain state specific forms, rules and rates.
- Coordinates review of agency operational reviews and conducts the necessary follow up to assure timeliness of responses and monitor progress of opportunities identified.
- Represents the department, as requested by the VP/AVP, in internal or external meeting or events
- Assists with the development, marketing and communication plan for agents in an assigned territory.
- Assists other departments with customer complaints and develop recommendations as needed.
This position is responsible for designing and developing new training courses and job aids for the Underwriting department. These courses and aids will encompass several different disciplines including but not limited to coverage knowledge, risk and loss assessment, quoting new and renewal accounts, business skills, and underwriting systems. In addition, this individual will update and revise existing course material. Courses will be primarily designed for on-site instructor led training.
- Identifies internal underwriting staff training needs (i.e. underwriting philosophy, procedures, technologies) through staff surveys and assessments, review of file audit results and feedback from underwriting management
- Designs training modules (including purpose, objectives, content, lesson plans, and evaluation tools) and related training materials. This includes the development of leader and participant guides as well as job aids. Determines instructional methods appropriate for each topic.
- Works with subject matter experts and training facilitators to design, develop and implement course training programs.
- Completes the necessary administrative work for underwriting classes including copy work, collating, room reservations and other support work as assigned.
- Develops and administers testing and evaluation procedures to be used at the beginning or completion of training, communicates findings to underwriting management and assists in the monitoring of underwriter development.
- Provides reports to management on monthly activities performed, employees training status and future training plans.