Carolina Casualty is looking for a talented Claims professional who will be responsible for the investigation, evaluation, disposition and settlement of moderate to complex claims involving commercial automobile litigation. This includes the investigation, determination and evaluation of coverage, liability and damages, risk transfer, and the timely setting of proper reserves. In addition, the Claims professional will control the insured’s exposures and losses, manage consultants, and achieve a prompt, fair and equitable settlement according to fair claims handling requirements. Lastly the Claims professional will negotiate settlement of claims with varying complexity and perils.
- Oversee and resolve truck, bus, commercial auto and/or public transportation claims, including litigation
- Select, oversee, and grade the performance of outside counsel
- Attend and monitor trials to assess attorney performance and jury verdict risk
- Set and control litigation budgets
- Conducts a prompt, thorough and fair investigation by obtaining relevant facts to determine coverage, origin, and extent of loss losses.
- Utilize critical thinking and solid judgment to solve problems, make decisions and resolve complex issues inherent in handling losses, as well as plan and organize activities throughout the claim’s management process.
- Experienced with managing, evaluating and resolving claims in litigation consistent with in-place litigation guidelines.
- Able to write concise reports and effectively communicate contractual issues, technical legal concepts and coverage application in easy to understand terms.
- Act timely upon emerging information to insure ongoing recognition of the financial exposure on losses within assigned authority as well as promptly communicate to management, if beyond the assigned level of authority.
- Interpret related claims documentation.
- Initiate and oversee serious automobile accident investigations and rapid response
- Develop strategies and effective plans that drive litigated matters / claims to better results
- Accurately assess and resolve commercial auto insurance coverage issues, analyze facts and allegations in conjunction with all policy provisions, endorsements and amendments
- Draft declination, Reservation of Rights and other coverage letters
- Negotiate outstanding settlements
- Present case statuses/summaries in a clear, concise and understandable manner
- Documents and communicates all claim activities timely and effectively and in a manner, which supports the outcome of the claim file
Carolina Casualty is looking for a financial professional who will perform premium billing and cash receipts activities and collections. Complete various general ledger activities including journal entries, reconciliations and account analyses.
- Support agency and direct billing of premiums and commission payments in two billing systems.
- Monitor payment, perform collections, apply cash receipts, reconcile agent statements, etc.
- Maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Prepare journal entries and financial statement account analyses.
- Collaborate and coordinate with underwriters, W.R. Berkley Company employees, auditors, agents and others as needed.
- Support SOX controls testing and reporting.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills and able to multi-task in a fast pace environment.