Click column header to sort
Carolina Casualty is looking for a talented Claims professional who will be responsible for investigating, assessing, managing and resolving truck, public transportation and other commercial auto claims.
- Oversee, manage and resolve truck, bus, commercial auto and/or public transportation claims
- Initiate and oversee serious automobile accident investigations and rapid response
- Develop strategies and effective plans that drive litigated matters / claims to better results
- Accurately assess and resolve commercial auto insurance coverage issues, analyze facts and allegations in conjunction with all policy provisions, endorsements and amendments
- Draft declination, Reservation of Rights and other coverage letters
- Negotiate outstanding settlements
Carolina Casualty is looking for a talented and experienced specialty auto insurance professional who will be responsible for overseeing the Specialty Auto operations. This person will be working closely with the Senior leadership and Underwriting team on designing, developing, and launching the new program.
- Manage risk approvals within authority while achieving the underwriting budget and service goals of the unit
- Supervise the underwriting profitability of the unit; underwriting and pricing of business and the identification of classes of business to be developed
- Interface with other functional support units in the company such as Claims, IT, and Finance to facilitate meeting the unit objectives
- Participate in the producer management process of the company, including business development for the assigned unit; interface with Sales/Marketing on producer activities and participate in producer visits
- Assist in the performance of underwriting audits as well as perform internal Underwriting audits
- Develop policies, procedures and best practices to be implemented within the department
- Identify and develop training activities for new & existing employees
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of current industry trends, issues & regulatory requirements
- Communicate on a timely basis with fellow underwriting professionals regarding issues of competition, acquisitions/mergers, legal decisions and other pertinent information relative to the insurance underwriting and/or claims area
- Develop premium goals and loss ratio targets for both Underwriters and agents
Carolina Casualty is seeking an enthusiastic individual who wants to learn commercial transportation underwriting, producer management, and how to build effective relationships.
- Complete the Underwriting Training Program
- Evaluate new and existing risks through review and analysis of loss experience, financials, MVRs, IFTA reports, violation history, and loss control reports
- Make recommendations for acceptance, rejection, modification or referral of risks in accordance with established underwriting standards, policies and programs
- Develop superior working relationships with producers and acts as first point of contact; .frequently assist producers with questions on products and coverage; research and resolve complex errors and questions regarding processes and procedures
- Use Oden and other resources including our compliance department to ensure compliance with applicable regulation
- Obtain/quote/bind facultative reinsurance when warranted
- Review policies for errors and proper forms
- Take initiative for learning and understanding insurance coverages
- Take initiative to acquire additional insurance knowledge by enrolling in industry related courses and programs
This role is responsible for performing premium billing and cash receipts activities, collections, and collateral administration. Also, will perform various general ledger activities including journal entries, reconciliations and account analyses. Conduct Premium audits and control testing and reporting.
- Support agency and direct billing of premiums, commission payments and deductible
- Monitor payment, perform collections, apply cash receipts, reconcile agent statements, etc.
- Execute premium audits and correspond with insureds and producers
- Maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Prepare journal entries and financial statement account analyses
- Collaborate and coordinate with underwriters, W.R. Berkley Company employees, auditors, agents and others as needed
- Support SOX controls testing and reporting
- Perform other duties and/or projects as assigned
Carolina Casualty is looking for a talented and ambitious Claims Attorney who will be responsible for investigating, assessing, managing and resolving commercial automobile litigation and complex claims.
Carolina Casualty is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative claims support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up new claims, gather necessary information from policy systems, enter claim information into claim systems
- Support claim investigations, order police reports,
- Draft and distribute correspondence such as underwriting advisories and client contact letters
- Maintain data and reports and update Excel Worksheets
- Serve as first level of contact for external customer service inquiries
- Notify business partners by phone/email regarding messages, inquiries and claims issues
- Process expense/invoice payments
Seeking a talented and enthusiastic individual to join our team to assist in the development of Company strategy and implementation with specific responsibility for management of the distribution system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement formal prospecting plan and evaluate prospective agents and brokers; make recommendations based on Company goals and objectives
- Develop and expand both wholesale and retail agency distribution networks
- Recommend new programs, products and/or lines of business and evaluate for potential profitability
- Communicate preferred underwriting appetite as well as new products/services/coverages to agents and brokers
- Build long-term relationships with key agencies, insureds and industry associations
- Monitor agents and brokers against objectives relative to profitability, production, and service performance; consult with Underwriting and recommend appointments and terminations
- Maintain agency/broker contracts per guidelines
- Monitor competitor and industry landscape; provide reports on trends and activities in the marketplace
- Work closely with Underwriting to make informed, data driven decisions
- Create and distribute marketing material as appropriate
- Oversee all advertising and promotional endeavors on behalf of the Company; manage marketing/advertising budget
- Update website, social media sites, and employee Portal as appropriate
- Host visiting agents and brokers; set itineraries and ensure that respective Company personnel are involved as appropriate
- Represent the Company at agency functions and trade shows/conventions