Click column header to sort
Carolina Casualty is looking for a talented Claims professional who will be responsible for the investigation, evaluation, disposition and settlement of moderate to complex claims involving commercial automobile litigation.
This includes the investigation, determination and evaluation of coverage, liability and damages, risk transfer, and the timely setting of proper reserves. In addition, the Claims professional will control the insured’s exposures and losses, manage consultants, and achieve a prompt, fair and equitable settlement according to fair claims handling requirements. Lastly, the Claims professional will negotiate settlement of claims with varying complexity and perils.
- Experienced with managing, evaluating and resolving claims in litigation consistent with in-place litigation guidelines.
- Able to write concise reports and effectively communicate contractual issues, technical legal concepts and coverage application in easy to understand terms.
- Act timely upon emerging information to insure ongoing recognition of the financial exposure on losses within assigned authority as well as promptly communicate to management, if beyond the assigned level of authority.
- Interpret related claims documentation.
- Initiate and oversee serious automobile accident investigations and rapid response.
- Develop strategies and effective plans that drive litigated matters / claims to better results.
- Accurately assess and resolve commercial auto insurance coverage issues, analyze facts and allegations in conjunction with all policy provisions, endorsements and amendments.
- Draft declination, Reservation of Rights and other coverage letters.
- Negotiate outstanding settlements.
- Present case statuses/summaries in a clear, concise and understandable manner.
- Documents and communicates all claim activities timely and effectively and in a manner, which supports the outcome of the claim file.
We are looking for creative, collaborative, and positive individuals who can add value and quality to our commercial auto property team. This is a commercial auto property adjuster role. The professional filling this position will be required to perform at a high level with regard to handling first and third-party commercial auto property claims from first notice of loss to file close.
- Handle first-party physical damage & third-party commercial auto property claims onset to completion.
- Assess coverage.
- Investigate and determine liability claims.
- Negotiate and settle claims.
- Take recorded statements.
- Assign and manage third party vendors such as appraisers and local independent adjusters, as needed
- Assess total losses per local laws and determent total loss claim value.
- Set accurate and timely reserves.
- Identify opportunities for subrogation and salvage recovery.
- Pro-actively control file expenses.
- Identify possible fraud and engage SIU for state fraud referrals.
- Communicate with other departments including Underwriting and Actuarial.
- Participate in insurance related continuing education.
- Perform other duties and/or projects as assigned.
The SeniorUnderwriting Director for Excess & Surplus (E&S) will be responsible for building and overseeing the E&S primary auto department. This role will be responsible for Portfolio Strategy & Execution, Risk Selection and Pricing, Portfolio Stewardship and Product Management. This is a critical role which requires oversight of strategic underwriting practices nationally. This leader will utilize their expertise to create, manage, design and drive diverse multidimensional strategies for our E&S book of business. We require strong leadership skills that will cultivate portfolio insights, develop strategy, and deliver a collaborative value chain with our Agents and customers.
- Collaborate with actuarial team to develop pricing model and optimize portfolio through risk selection and pricing strategy to maximize profitability
- Develop, implement and monitor underwriting guidelines, rates, forms, pricing, endorsements and procedures
- Develop, implement and manage strategic underwriting for specific lines of E&S
- Provide business forecasting related to trends and profitability
- Thoughtfully establish group strategy, appetite and marketing plans
- Lead pro-active discussions with reinsurers, verifying the appropriate use of reinsurance used by specific lines of business, including various treaty and facultative reinsurance.
- Conduct regular visits with general agents, brokers and program managers to understand business needs, reinforce objectives, drive business results and identify new business opportunities.
- Monitor results, collaborate with actuarial team and optimize portfolio through risk selection and pricing strategy to maximize profitability
- Eventually will be responsible for the planning and management of building out the E&S team including: hiring, placement, training, performance management, salary planning and administration and budgeting
The position will assist the Actuarial department in providing a full range of responsibilities necessary for the company to achieve its overall goals. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a desire to take ownership of responsibilities and strives to improve on current processes and analyses. The position requires strong all-around technical skills including programming, model building and analytics. A successful candidate will also operate as a team player with strong commutation skills. The position will have regular interactions with all other departments as well as with senior company and corporate management. This is a great opportunity for creative utilization of skills, growth and high visibility.
- Play a key role in the company’s initiative to reengineer the company’s proprietary rating models into the company’s policy system.
- Assist the company in developing rates and pricing models for new business initiatives.
- Perform regular assessment the of rate level adequacy for various coverages and lines of business. Make recommendations to the company Actuary.
- Contribute to modernizing the design, construction, and implementation of actuarial tools, processes and reports to provide real time information to drive business decisions.
- Create and validate regularly produced business monitor reports. Work with underwriting and senior management to expand business intelligence tools.
- Support the Company’s rating plans, rates, factors, and pricing tools, including providing actuarial support on state rate filings.
- Pay a lead role in company predictive analytics initiative. Assist in the plans to extend company information, including third party information, available for analytics.
- Assist the Actuary with quarterly reserve reviews and financial reporting including Schedule P. Contribute to the development and management of regular corporate reports.
- Work with the underwriters on the modeling of individual accounts as necessary.
- Assist other departments with technical needs as necessary.
Carolina Casualty is seeking a professional Underwriter who enjoys commercial transportation underwriting, producer management, and building relationships.
- Review new and renewal commercial insurance risks and determine accurate classification of business, policy contract forms and pricing of risk; review and act upon pertinent risk information such as loss control reports, motor vehicle reports (MVRs), loss runs and financial statements
- Responsible for book management of an assigned agency plant, including achieving predetermined premium goals and profitability objectives, conducting audits on agency business, effectively communicating the company underwriting philosophy and assuring compliance of underwriting best practices
- Cultivate effective agency relationships; conduct agency visits, communicate expectations and make recommendations for agency action(s) when appropriate
- Develop presentations to be delivered to the agent and/or insured detailing coverage, pricing and services provided by Carolina Casualty Insurance Company
- Provide guidance to Assistant Underwriters in technical matters of underwriting including, but not limited to, such procedures as coverages, cancellations, exclusions, endorsements and non-renewal action
- Assist in developing new products, coverage enhancements, and procedures that drive production and processing efficiency
We are looking for a seasoned commercial auto (truck / public auto) loss control and risk management professional with expertise in using analytics and data mining to identify current and future causes of loss in the commercial auto space and in implementing loss control strategies that minimize or avoid commercial auto losses. This role will create strategies and develop processes that blend traditional loss control activities with cutting edge data analytics to provide strategic guidance, counsel, technical advice, and expertise in the area of safety, overall cost of risk, accident avoidance and risk mitigation for a commercial auto insurance carrier operating in the trucking and public auto insurance marketplace, as well as its insureds.
- Develop and maintain risk mitigation programs that identify and assess risks and their potential impact to our company and our customers.
- Analyze exposures, controls, and loss trends at both the insurance portfolio and account specific levels, identifying risks and recommending improvement as necessary.
- Investigate and analyze relationship between factors (such as modes of transport, territory, driver, and others) and causes of incidents.
- Identify triggering events and vulnerabilities.
- Identify and develop data points, indicators and loss factors that identify likely future accident and loss potential and patterns that may indicate causes of current accidents and loss exposures so that mitigation strategies can be implemented.
- Develop service plans to actively engage accounts and help insureds lower their total cost of risk
- Study large losses and/or high frequency accounts to identify risk factors and accident causes.
- Develop and implement risk reduction strategies for specific customers.
- Develop metrics that proactively identify risk and loss avoidance opportunities, analyze loss data to identify loss trends
- Design and maintain portfolio loss control reports, data and dashboards.
- Identify industry, portfolio and client specific KSFs and design data driven measurables to manage those KSFs
- Assess opportunity to utilize technology in furtherance of loss control objectives.
- Keep management informed of new transportation loss mitigation technologies and the future landscape loss control
- Travel to customer locations for loss prevention surveys, claim audits, and relationship building. Perform Loss Control Evaluations, assess trucking company safety program, regulatory compliance, driver management, driver training and turnover, recordkeeping and other key safety and loss control activities.
- Develop value added loss control products/services for insureds.
- Develop and present training programs and seminars for both internal and external customers
- Maintain high knowledge of the regulatory environment (state/federal rules and regulations) pertaining to the transportation industry and design efficient methods of sharing and explaining the same with internal and external customers
- Identify, launch, and successfully complete other projects as assigned.
- Display positive, professional image in the marketplace with all clients and agent contacts