Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
Carolina Casualty is looking for a talented Claims professional who will be responsible for investigating, assessing, managing and resolving commercial automobile litigation and complex claims.
- Oversee and resolve truck, bus, commercial auto and/or public transportation claims, including litigation
- Select, oversee, and grade the performance of outside counsel
- Attend and monitor trials to assess attorney performance and jury verdict risk
- Set and control litigation budgets
- Initiate and oversee serious automobile accident investigations and rapid response
- Develop strategies and effective plans that drive litigated matters / claims to better results
- Accurately assess and resolve commercial auto insurance coverage issues, analyze facts and allegations in conjunction with all policy provisions, endorsements and amendments
- Draft declination, Reservation of Rights and other coverage letters
- Negotiate outstanding settlements
- Present case statuses/summaries in a clear, concise and understandable manner
Carolina Casualty is seeking an experienced Underwriter who enjoys commercial transportation underwriting, producer management, and building relationships.
- Review new and renewal commercial insurance risks and determine accurate classification of business, policy contract forms and pricing of risk; review and act upon pertinent risk information such as loss control reports, motor vehicle reports (MVRs), loss runs and financial statements
- Responsible for book management of an assigned agency plant, including achieving predetermined premium goals and profitability objectives, conducting audits on agency business, effectively communicating the company underwriting philosophy and assuring compliance of underwriting best practices
- Cultivate effective agency relationships; conduct agency visits, communicate expectations and make recommendations for agency action(s) when appropriate
- Develop presentations to be delivered to the agent and/or insured detailing coverage, pricing and services provided by Carolina Casualty Insurance Company
- Provide guidance to Assistant Underwriters in technical matters of underwriting including, but not limited to, such procedures as coverages, cancellations, exclusions, endorsements and non-renewal action
- Assist in developing new products, coverage enhancements, and procedures that drive production and processing efficiency