Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The Account Specialist works within the commercial underwriting process by providing policy rating, preparation/issuance and data processing functions. Assist in technical training and documentation within the department.
- Rate and issue various transactions including but not limited to new business, Ag renewals, renewal rerates, endorsements and cancellation with using available data processing equipment/programs.
- Meet established production goals while maintaining high levels of both quality and service.
- Follow up with Underwriting staff and/or agent for missing or inaccurate information.
- Order various property inspections and reports per established company processes.
- Perform special projects or assignments as requested
- Train/mentor new employees in the department
- Update department procedure manual as needed.
- Ability to learn/utilize multiple computer software programs.
- Accurately complete highly detailed work with minimal errors.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Identify and interpret a variety of insurance documents and forms.
- Perform multiple duties and meet deadlines in a fast paced and self-directed environment.
- Respond professionally to customer inquiries.
- Able to perform job duties with moderate supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
Berkley North Pacific is offering the unique opportunity for entry level candidates to train in the field of Commercial Insurance Underwriting. Underwriting Trainees will participate a four to six month formal training program to learn fundamentals of property & casualty insurance and underwriting.
The full time placement for this role after training will be located with the BNP office in Boise, ID.
Trainees will be responsible for:
- Complete work assignments, reading projects and pass required exams.
- Establish good working relationships with colleagues and management staff.
- Attain a basic working knowledge of state regulatory requirements for each line of business.
- Under direct supervision, perform the basic functions of underwriting.
- Participate in job-shadow arrangements in various departments.
- Participate in agency visitations with underwriters, claim representatives or loss control representatives to begin developing customer contacts.
- Frequent travel, including overnights, is required.
Primarily responsible for the underwriting and issuance of small commercial business that meets our exposure-based definition. Seeks guidance in underwriting accounts whose requirements fall outside of established standards and guidelines and/ or authority. Goals are focused on supporting small commercial key business objectives including account retention and growth. Team with the Sales Executive to handle the majority of individual account activities related to new business underwriting, quoting, policy issuance and renewal management. This position does not lead others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluation of complex new, renewal and endorsement activities to accept, modify, decline and price accounts
- Provide excellent customer support to agents and internal stakeholders
- Ensure that production and loss ratio goals are achieved through effective managing of new business through automated process and sound agent communication
- Respond to issues and challenges that affect production and profit ratio objectives. Take corrective action and/or
refers the problem (with recommendation) to Commercial Team Leader, Underwriting Director or Vice President
- Partner with Sales Executive to create a business plan for assigned territory with an emphasis to develop strong retention and profitable new business pipeline
- Thinks like an owner and executes with high degree of accountability for self and organization
- Acts as a referral for more complex renewals, endorsements that fall outside the Underwriting Assistant’s authority
- Pro-actively seek to retain key renewals by working closely with agents and brokers
- Participate in projects/assignments which support policy service and production objectives with respects to sales, underwriting, retention and customer service goals
- Responsible for insuring compliance with underwriting strategies and regulatory requirements
The Vice President of Claims provides strategic direction and leadership for the BNP Claims function based in Boise, ID. As a senior management team member, this role will be key to developing and executing strategic plans to meet BNP’s business objectives.
- Manages all aspects of the BNP Claim function thru strategic direction and leadership that generates positive claim outcomes and excellent service to our customers.
- Provides strategic direction and leadership in the management of large, complex claims and litigation management. Collaborates with WRBC Corporate Claim, outside counsel and other resources when required to successfully execute these duties.
- Oversees and participates in the management of the BNP claims catastrophe plan (storm management) and the W.R. Berkley Corporation Catastrophe (WRBC CAT) Response Program, if triggered.
- Communicates claim developments/trends to President/CEO and senior management team. Provides multi-line claims expertise to the senior management team including, but not limited to, claim developments and trends within the Property/Casualty insurance industry that may impact BNP’s results. Works in a collaborative manner with Underwriting, Actuarial, UW Analytics as respects specific claim issues, or trends, that may impact underwriting appetite or portfolio pricing.
- Will oversee, and may participate in, claim reviews, or other valued added claim services, applicable to individual accounts written by BNP where those services are appropriate.
- Thru the use of metrics and data, monitors and analyzes organizational performance. Drives change to assure continuous improvement and increased efficiencies. Identifies and implements strategies to reduce total claim cost and optimized BNP’s profitability.
- Establishes and executes an internal audit process to ensure established Claim practices and procedures are being executed at the highest level.
- Attracts, coaches and develops talent within the Claim function such that the objectives of the Claim organization are executed and with the Values associated with BNP. Provides frequent and specific constructive feedback to staff. Provides technical advice, direction and mentoring to Claims staff.
- Establishes and manages the claim department budget and resources including explaining variances and related reporting.
- Develops and maintains relationships with WRBC Corporate Claims and other W.R. Berkley Regional Claims Officers to capitalize on business opportunities and efficiencies.