Click column header to sort
As a strategic partner, the HR Generalist works with the Vice President of Human Resources and Operating Unit Leadership to align and support the execution of the talent strategy and operating unity strategic initiatives. This role works closely with Leadership and Group HR to consult, provide advice and guidance as it relates to talent-related activities including but not limited to: recruitment and selection, staff retention, performance management, talent development, compensation planning and employee relations. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Consults and counsels with leaders on performance management, talent development, salary administration, succession planning, recognition, training gaps, employee relations, employee conduct, etc.
- Guides and coaches leaders through actions related to formal disciplinary procedures, jointly determines appropriate course of actions; reviews and provides suggestions for performance improvement plans; and ensures legal compliance with aid of VP HR and/or legal counsel when necessary
- Proactively identifies areas for process improvement, innovation, and opportunities for efficiency and synergy
- Partners with management to improve employee engagement and increase productivity and retention, this includes coordination of community or company events, e.g.
- Confers with leaders to identify staffing needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, skills and competencies
- Partners with recruiting on internal and external recruitment efforts for all positions
- Partners with hiring managers to ensure proper department on-boarding tasks including: 30/60/90 day reviews, survey analysis, etc.
- Partners with the hiring manager to ensure required timely completion of new hire I-9’s; and finding alternative sources to complete new hire’s I-9 for off-site/remote/employees. Updating I-9 verifications in HireRight as required.
- Assists in the development and delivery of management and/or employee training sessions related to strategic initiatives, performance management, employee engagement, succession planning, etc.
- Actively researches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance; advising and collaborating on the development and administration of recognition programs with Group HR
- May lead or participate in special and/or cross-functional project teams related to Company and/or TCR strategic initiatives
- Identifies, evaluates and resolves employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints
- Conducts, Analyzes and reports on trends related to employee relations activities; Reviews exit interviews to analyze reasons for separation and to identify trends
- Assists employees with developing personal strategies or action plans related to the workplace, e.g., career development, performance improvement, peer/manager conflict, communication, etc.
- Administers initial and ongoing Visa and Immigration requirements
- Administers one – time – payments in Workday including: Sign On Bonus/Severance/Tuition Reimbursements
Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group insures the future of business by partnering with select independent agents to provide commercial insurance products and services backed by local expertise and financial stability.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Territory Sales Manager for the VA territory to join our team. This person is primarily responsible for building a strong distribution channel, written premium growth, and maximize renewal retention while maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction within our footprint of Independent Agencies.
This person will serve as the overall RELATIONSHIP MANAGER for the Virginia territory. Responsible for building strong business relationships within Berkley’s Independent agency footprint as well as prospecting and appointing new agents, actively training agencies on products and services, achieving Profit Center sales goals, agency performance management and is typically responsible for a portfolio of 35 to 55 agencies.
The Territory Sales Manager works closely with Profit Center leader, underwriting staff, claims and other departments as necessary. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Routinely make agency visits in assigned territory, and must be able to effectively prospect for quality agency appointments.
- Achieve Profit Center goals for profitable new business production while maximizing renewal retention to ensure the Profit Center has the agency plant necessary to meet production goals.
- Leads agency business planning and agency performance reviews to meet financial and strategic Profit Center goals and implement agency course correction up to termination if necessary. Internally, work closely with Profit Center RVP and underwriting staff to drive new business into the Profit Center pipeline, triage key accounts, re-underwriting, and cross-sell initiatives.
- Leads agency incentive programs, profit-sharing, and all aspects of agency compensation and related communications.
- Serves as a proactive and positive voice of the company to agencies, communicating general messages, appetite, company news and developments in a timely fashion.
- Delivers agency training and education on products, appetite, services, systems and technology.
- Influences and builds relationships by planning and executing agency business sessions such as Agency Board meetings and periodic promotional business and entertainment events.
- Actively monitors market intelligence, competitor information, and industry issues in the assigned territory. Proactively develops and shares meaningful insights on competitor products with Profit Center RVP, including areas of competitive advantage and disadvantage, and serves as a solution driven leader for addressing them.
- Identifies and executes book acquisition/rolls.
- Responsible for the effective administration and effective usage of a CRM tool such as Salesforce or the BMAG proprietary platform APS.
Berkley Mid Atlantic Group is looking for an experienced Major Case-Claims Specialist in our Major Case Unit to handle the most complex and high exposure claims within our organization. The successful candidate will routinely handle claims involving liability coverage issues, construction defect claims, contractual liability issues and serious litigated auto and general liability matters reserved in excess of $200,000.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle the more complex claims from assignment to conclusion, develop action plans to manage case to early conclusion, work with defense counsel to develop cost efficient approach to the litigation process.
- Communicate with stakeholders and attorneys, respond as needed to bring the claim to a prompt fair conclusion, seeking supervision as needed to enhance personal and professional growth.
- Prepare large loss reports as needed to include an updated action plan. Maintain a current diary on outstanding claims.
- Meet or exceed specific objectives for average paid, service standards, quality, reserving standards, expense controls and other measurable performance items.
- Assist Claims management in the training and development of claims staff in those areas that may be assigned.
- Continue education on technical, insurance and legal issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Please Note: The candidate can work out of these additional locations: Harrisburg, PA; Pittsburg, PA; Richmond VA; or Columbus OH.