The Corporate Claims Account Specialist provides claims management services focused on profitable business growth by delivering exceptional customer service to Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group policyholders and agents. S/he cultivates a highly collaborative, results-focused work environment across multiple disciplines to assure seamless service delivery and to facilitate innovative solutions supporting business needs. Principle Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducts open claims reviews
- Assesses claims reporting practices
- Offers business solutions based on loss and claims management practice analyses
- Coordinates special claims handling requests Serves as the single point of contact in support of policyholder claims management practices
- Serves as the single point of contact for select agency partners on all claims service inquiries
- Conducts book-level claims analyses and claims management practice assessments
- Offer Claims management practice solutions
Service Team Support
- Provides support to the Claims Adjuster service accounts upon request
- Monitors and acts on Underwriting and Claims Department initiated profit focused deliverables
- Facilitates and participates in service account review and performance meetings
- Fosters routine communications with Territory Sales Managers and Regional Vice Presidents in support of servicing agents
- Partners with Loss Control in planning and delivery of policyholder services
- Communicates, Collaborates and Facilitates Agency Marketing Presentations with Loss Control
Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group
VA, Glen Allen - 4820 Lake Brook - Suite 300
The Marketing Specialist plans, designs and implements multifaceted communications tactics and tools to drive business growth and affirm the Berkley Mid Atlantic Group’s (BMAG) brand and value proposition. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and distribute agency/market communications in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure all new materials and communications are in compliance with BMAG’s brand and voice.
- Manage & maintain BMAG’s catalogue of marketing collateral to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Develop content and shepherd material through the review process.
- Use social media effectively to build brand and stay connected with external customers.
- Manage company merchandising and marketing vendor relationships for effective and efficient delivery of products.
- Maintain, monitor and improve BMAG’s websites to provide targeted audiences with relevant messages and a reliable, intuitive experience.
- Monitor campaign performance and provide reports to key stakeholders.
- Research, analyze and deliver market research materials to assist home office and field related initiatives.
- Stay current on evolving and emerging marketing practices to enhance current and future campaigns.
- Assist the field with the development and execution of branch and/or product specific marketing initiatives.
- Represent Marketing on special projects and identify opportunities to improve the customer experience.
- Provide high level of customer service and maintain workflows within BMAG standards.
- Conduct agency visits in conjunction with branch staff; assist in promoting BMAG products and services.
Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group
PA, Harrisburg - 4811 Jonestown Road
The Workers’ Compensation Claims Representative plays a critical role maintaining the company’s exceptional performance standards by providing quality claim handling and superior service to our customers, while also engaging in indemnity and expense management. Success in this position will be driven by combining your experience in Workers’ Compensation claims management with excellent communication and critical reasoning. This professional may work from our offices in Glen Allen (Richmond) VA, Harrisburg or Sewickley (Pittsburgh), PA. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Investigate, evaluate, reserve, negotiate and resolve claims in multiple jurisdictions and in accordance with Best Practices.
- Promptly manage claims by completing essential functions including contacts, investigation, damages development, evaluation, reserving, and disposition.
- Regularly handles claims involving complex coverage issues, severe injuries, intellectual property matters, and contractual liability issues.
- Develop action plans and handle the claims from assignment to early conclusion.
- Review incoming mail daily, responding as needed to bring the claim to a prompt fair conclusion and seeking supervision as needed.
- Prepare large loss reports as needed to include updated action plan and recommended reserves.
- Maintain a current diary on outstanding claims.
- Provide direction and guidance to defense attorneys and other experts while controlling expenses.
- Meet or exceed specific objectives for service, quality, and reserving standards and other measurable performance items.
- Occasional local and overnight travel may be required for this position.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Claim Supervisor.