Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The Middle Market Underwriter builds dynamic relationships with independent agencies, maintains a strong distribution channel, achieves written premium growth and maximizes renewal retention. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Strengthens relationships and educates agents within agency plant to maximize opportunities and achieve profitable growth.
- Achieves new business premium, renewal premium retention and rate change objectives
- Within company guidelines and granted underwriting authority, evaluates new and renewal information to determines risk acceptability terms/conditions to be quoted, and priced.
- Utilizes various underwriting tools to: determine acceptable risk characteristics; determine accurate exposure classifications; set adequate property limits to accomplish appropriate insurance to value and rate and quote business to agents
- Orders and reviews inspections to confirm accounts written are consistent with preliminary underwriting information and take action when the inspection reveals unacceptable risk characteristics.
- Determines if facultative reinsurance is needed and if so, factors reinsurance cost in gross pricing, completes cession procedures; documents file and follows established workflow procedure to ensure proper reporting / accounting.
The Auto Physical Claims Representative is responsible for quality handling and resolution of auto physical damage claims in a timely, professional manner with emphasis on providing quality service while controlling expenses. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establish validity of claims submitted for payment through coverage research and telephone contact with policyholders, claimants and outside parties. When necessary, research and locate additional information and documentation to investigate, evaluate and properly resolve claims.
- Notify policyholder, agent or claimant with explanation of coverage and damage amount in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Maintain and manage a current diary on outstanding claims with loss payment authority up to $15,000.
- Evaluate potential and gather evidence for subrogation claims and promptly refer to Subrogation Unit.
- Direct assignments to appraisal companies and/or estimate review vendors and manage claims to resolution.
- Arrange for salvage recovery and set up rental cars with our vendors.