Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The Casualty Claims Representative investigates, evaluates, reserves, negotiates and resolves claims in multiple jurisdictions and in accordance with Best Practices. S/he provides quality claim handling and superior customer service on assigned claims, while engaging in indemnity & expense management. Promptly manage claims by completing essential functions including contacts, investigation, damages development, evaluation, reserving, and disposition. Position routinely handles claims involving coverage issues, serious injuries, intellectual property matters, and contractual liability issues.
This position can be located in either Richmond, VA or Harrisburg, PA.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop action plans and handle the claims from assignment to early conclusion.
- Review incoming mail daily, responding as needed to bring the claim to a prompt fair conclusion and seeking supervision as needed.
- Prepare loss reports as needed to include updated action plan and recommended reserves.
- Maintain a current diary on outstanding claims.
- Provide direction and guidance to defense attorneys and other experts while controlling expenses.
- Meet or exceed specific objectives for service, quality, and reserving standards and other measurable performance items.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) reports the company President and is a key member of the senior leadership team who must be willing to challenge the status quo while championing the strategic direction of the company. S/he understands the importance of culture, brand and market strategy, and has strong emotional intelligence. The CFO provides leadership for development, implementation, & evaluation of policies and procedures, strategies and performance of the financial functions. Willing to embrace business insights and follow the key drivers of business, the CFO serves as a strategic advisor across the company. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Acts as a key finance/accounting leader and member of the Senior Leadership team with a strategic mindset that anticipates and plans for the future.
- Acts as both leader and collaborator with the capacity to bring together cross-function leaders in a way that fosters collaboration and innovation.
- Responsible for the financial management of both long and short-range planning while building scalable systems and processes.
- Handles responsibility for management oversight of treasury, accounting, budgeting, premium audit, agency bill and accounts receivables teams and deliverables.
- Provides financial reporting and forecasting that ensures the company’s financial viability.
- Ensures appropriate reimbursement and maintaining of internal controls, ensuring a successful audit.
- Understands in-depth the market opportunity, strategy and business model of BMAG while providing a unique perspective across all departments.
- Monitors financial status of the organization working with the CEO on strategic direction.
- Provides and executes on data, information and insights.
- Understands performance trends and develops and implements strategies that optimize the opportunities.
- Works with the president to achieve better results with a focus on accelerating speed of execution and delivering intended outcomes while driving out cost.
- Leads the finance team, setting clear goals and expectations to achieve optimal performance.
- Represents the organization within the Berkley Company, collaborating effectively with business partners, peer companies, and other WRBC departments as called upon.