Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The AVP/VP Products & Professional Liability Underwriter is responsible for underwriting complex products liability accounts, supporting and training the underwriting staff and project management. S/he collaborates with leadership and directs teams and partners to ensure strategic, operational and developmental goals of the functional area are met. This role will establish internal procedures and criteria to control risk and developing the annual operating plan objectives (top and bottom line) and long-term strategic plan. This role will serve on the Berkley Life Sciences’ Strategic Leadership Team. The specific officer title will be determined at the offer stage based on the individuals background and experience.
Under the direction the VP, HR/Operations the BLS Intern will gain an in- depth knowledge of the insurance industry including underwriting, claims, operations and marketing. The BLS intern will receive on the job training and given the opportunity to work on meaningful assignments.
- Develop an understanding of the insurance industry from multiple facets including underwriting, claims, operations and marketing.
- Achieve a proficiency in the technical and professional skills/knowledge of the assigned Operations Specialist position (on the job training)
- Achieve a proficiency in the technical and professional skills/knowledge of the assigned Life Sciences Associate position (on the job training)
- Collaborate on projects as assigned and the opportunity to develop an understanding of the insurance industry
- Other duties that will support BLS business strategies
The Life Sciences Underwriting Specialist is responsible for the new business marketing and production, renewal underwriting and service of business for an assigned group of producers. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building strong relationships with brokers to ensure you meet or exceed financial goals including growth, profit, retention, and new business.
- Responsible for account solicitation, risk selection and analysis including the corresponding documentation, pricing and marketing of Berkley Life Sciences products and services for new and existing customers.
- Business development results for assigned territories
- Identifying opportunities for account rounding.
- Providing technical support to producers and insureds
- Staying current with all compliance, procedural and workflow changes.
- Working collaboratively and effectively with, underwriting associate, operations, legal, home office underwriting and claims