Berkley Life Sciences Trainees participate in a variety of learning experiences under the direction of the AVP & Field Operations Manager to introduce them to the fundamentals of commercial property and casualty insurance. These will include a work assignment and on the job training as an Operations Specialist supporting all the various departments of the company, self- paced online learning programs, and a formal mentorship program. The training is progressive. Once you successfully complete the fundamentals, the content becomes more specific to the Berkley Life Sciences marketplace, products, services and company philosophy. Specific Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Achieve a proficiency in the technical and professional skills/knowledge of the assigned Operations Specialist position (on the job training)
- Complete all assigned departmental projects by working through the information provided and delivering the end product logically, succinctly and by the due date.
- Successfully complete all self-paced on line learning modules and class room instructor led training sessions. Report on time to all classes and complete all assignments and examinations.
- Participate in the Berkley Life Sciences mentorship program; observe experienced employees to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards; strive to develop professional capabilities and potentials.
Assistant Vice President, Life Sciences Production Underwriter
Location: Flexible Naperville, IL or Ewing, NJ.
The Life Sciences Production Underwriter reports to the SVP, Global Field Underwriting Officer and as a key contributor within the Berkley Life Sciences organization is responsible for the new business marketing and production, renewal underwriting and service of business for an assigned group of producers. Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building strong relationships with brokers to ensure you meet or exceed financial goals including growth, profit, retention, and new business.
- Responsible for account solicitation, risk selection and analysis including the corresponding documentation, pricing and marketing of Berkley Life Sciences products and services for new and existing customers.
- Business development results for assigned territories
- Identifying opportunities for account rounding.
- Providing technical support to producers and insureds
- Staying current with all compliance, procedural and workflow changes.
- Working collaboratively and effectively with, underwriting associates, operations, legal, home office underwriting and claims