Click column header to sort
Key Risk is looking for an enthusiastic individual who wants to learn account management and technical knowledge of workers compensation claims.
- Interface with Underwriting, Risk Management, and clients in controlling costs and loss ratios
- Conduct investigation of workers' compensation claims assigned
- Handle all technical aspects of claims, including coverage, disability benefit management, medical management, litigation management, file management, subrogation, reserving and settlement
- Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of the Workers' Compensation Act and Rules and Regulations in jurisdictions assigned
- Immediately notify management of large exposures and comply with reinsurance reporting requirement
- Monitor expenses and effectiveness of inside/outside vendors
- Assume full responsibility for all phases of account management for accounts as assigned and inform management of any unfavorable trends
- Actively work with mentor in monitoring loss ratio for accounts assigned
- Participate in client meetings for training on claims issues and assist with claims service meetings for new accounts as requested
Following industry best practices and company guidelines, the Premium Audit Trainee is responsible for the accurate, timely completion of premium audits for assigned accounts, both in a physical and virtual setting, and for providing client support in classification, NCCI/Bureau rules and related areas.
- Timely complete premium audits for assigned accounts and transmit for processing
- Follow all NCCI, State Bureau and Company guidelines in the completion of audits
- Notify internal teams (underwriter, risk manager, Regional Vice President, etc) of concerns with assigned accounts.
- Support Key Risk’s hybrid audit approach, while using best judgement in determining whether to travel for an audit.
- Utilize available technologies such as video calls, screen share and secure portal to enhance client experience
- Research, respond to and revise (when appropriate) disputed audits
- Respond to underwriter, insured and agency partner requests regarding premium audits
- Perform classification research for underwriters, insureds and agency partners for assigned accounts
- Per Company guidelines, provide copies of audit billing and worksheets, ensuring confidentiality of shared audit data
- Daily telephone and email communication with agency partners, insureds and internal team members.
- Advise Premium Audit Manager of trends identified in audits
- Participate in software testing, including current and future audit platforms, policy systems, claims systems and related business intelligence software
- Embrace a culture of Innovation by exhibiting Key Risk’s Innovation Behaviors, and by actively participating in idea submission, experimentation and implementation.
- Professional Development – Develop job skills through Company training and the pursuit of industry designations
- Professional Relationships – Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders, including insureds, agency partners, NCCI/State Bureau personnel and Key Risk/WRB associates (underwriters, Regional Vice Presidents, auditors, information technology, claims and other WRB companies)
- Client Service Infusion – support CSI program by promoting and upholding 4 key behaviors
Position is responsible for maintaining all aspects of agent/producer licensing and appointments, agency database and file maintenance, contract support, and compliance of state and regulatory requirements. Includes client support to monitor and resolve related agency needs.
Monitors the accuracy of the Key Risk systems by ensuring compliance with regulatory filings, company guidelines and operational accuracy of the system output. Researches regulatory requirements to ensure compliance with procedures and to provide supporting information as needed.
Assists manager with compliance initiatives related to data filings to adhere to regulatory requirements from states, bureaus, and other required organizations. Includes validation of the data, researching inquiries, and acting as a liaison to resolve any inquiries.
- Processing company appointments for approved producers utilizing state specific requirements through the applicable systems and maintaining all proper documentation per requirements
- Stay abreast of state licensing change and manage updates to licensing and appointment process.
- Communication to agency confirming actions via telephone, written and/or electronic communication.
- Participate in applicable states’ market conduct exams as needed.
- Prepare and maintain all proper documentation according to state requirements and company procedures.
- Set up new agencies and producer records as contracts established and maintain database accuracy
- Annual maintenance and follow up of required agency documentation, i.e., agency profiles, proof of E & O, licenses, etc.
- Provide support by creating new and updated agency agreements using the approved templates provided.
- Manage the agency agreement records to ensure accurate details in the Compliance portal, electronic storage of all files, and adding updates as needed.
- Research regulatory requirements to ensure compliance
- Prepares various Compliance filings to adhere to regulatory requirements from states, bureaus, and other required organizations
- Validation of the data, researching inquiries, and acting as a liaison to resolve any inquiries
- Submit electronic filings based on state requirements