Click column header to sort
Key Risk is looking for an experienced financial professional to join our team.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of monthly journal entries; premium, losses, expenses, commissions, assessments and premium taxes.
- Analyze budget variances for written and earned premium, providing written analysis of the underlying reasons for variances, including cancellations, self-reporting policies and audits.
- Work with the others in finance and actuarial to properly record accruals with supporting calculations (dividends, EBUB, etc. ) and prepare periodic analysis to assess the reasonableness and reconcile any differences.
- Summarize and analyze large volumes of data using the data warehouse or other tools, to provide ad-hoc reporting to Controller or senior management. Work with Finance and other departments to monitor accurate reporting for premiums and losses.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, year-end exhibits.
- Assist with monthly financial reporting package to senior management.
- Prepare account reconciliations. Research and resolve reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Assist with budgeting process.
- Assist Controller and CFO with projects as needed.
- Promote exceptional service by avoiding a transactional mentality, taking ownership of client results, and using judgment and building from both the small and large successes.
- Enhance communications by asking questions and stopping and analyzing the situation; learn from problems and implement preventative measures for the future.
- Know and exceed client expectations and understand situations from the client’s perspective.
- Create a team approach by leveraging the culture of trust and openness and taking responsibility for keeping the team informed and closing the loop.
Key Risk is looking for an enthusiastic professional who will be responsible for the management of medical only workers’ compensation claims.
- Maintain good lines of communication with employers, adjusters, and providers
- Discuss with an employer, issues relative to an injured workers’ return to work status
- Request medical notes, proper billing format, and other written/verbal information from employers and medical providers to determine appropriateness of payment of medical bills and whether a claim is truly medical only
- Timely and accurately reserve for medical only claims assigned
- Document relevant written and oral communication received relative to medical-only claims in the log notes
- Discuss with an employee, issues relative to whether a bill has been paid or whether travel or medical reimbursement has been issued
- Assist in the management of communication of the unit with customers, providers and injured employees
- Enter medical notes into claim log as required
- Index images as needed
- Identify potential subrogation claims and notify appropriate supervisor
Key Risk is looking for an organized, thorough, and personable Accounting Associate to join the team. This position will be responsible for processing cash receipts, making collection calls, receiving billing calls from clients, reporting cash receipts, processing refunds, reconciling of accounts, preparing journal entries, troubleshooting of issues, and other accounting tasks
- Enter data into accounting systems, including posting refunds and recoveries
- Reconcile billing records for customers and internal personnel
- Post bank deposits and interface for cash application of customer payments
- Analyze and resolve customer service issues through appropriate action including working with other departments and applying effective problem-solving skills
- Assists with month-end closing
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
Key Risk is looking for an enthusiastic individual who wants to learn account management and technical knowledge of workers compensation claims.
- Interface with Underwriting, Risk Management, and clients in controlling costs and loss ratios
- Conduct investigation of workers' compensation claims assigned
- Handle all technical aspects of claims, including coverage, disability benefit management, medical management, litigation management, file management, subrogation, reserving and settlement
- Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of the Workers' Compensation Act and Rules and Regulations in jurisdictions assigned
- Immediately notify management of large exposures and comply with reinsurance reporting requirement
- Monitor expenses and effectiveness of inside/outside vendors
- Assume full responsibility for all phases of account management for accounts as assigned and inform management of any unfavorable trends
- Actively work with mentor in monitoring loss ratio for accounts assigned
- Participate in client meetings for training on claims issues and assist with claims service meetings for new accounts as requested
Key Risk is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced underwriter to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to achieving and exceeding the regions’ profit plan through proper risk selection, agency management, and communication of Key Risk’s value proposition.
- Underwrites accounts up to $750,000 annual premium
- Manage a book of business $5,000,000 to $7,000,000
- Develops and maintains relationships with 10-15 agencies
- Responsible for a moderate number of agencies including partners with Advantage and/or Premier status within our Key Alliance agency structure
- Achieves/exceeds planned accident year loss ratio, rate change, renewal retention and inforce premium goals
- Takes initiative to recommend potential improvements in underwriting principles, techniques or appetite
- Complies with insurance filings and regulatory requirements
- Research new market niches, serve as an industry lead, and participate in special projects
- Establishes a knowledge base of agency needs, staff, target markets, and contracted insurers
- Performs agency evaluations and establishes agency goals within required time frames and expectations
- Participates effectively in new and renewal team sales activities and Client Service Management (CSM) meetings to obtain and retain profitable business