Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
A. Submission Triage (45%)
- Review incoming submissions to validate all required information is provided in the Acord 130 application.
- Validate agency submission is from a contracted agency.
- Establish policy jurisdiction and validate producer appointment in line with state regulations.
B. Entry of accepted submissions (35%)
- Data entry of new business submissions
- Data entry of declinations
- Assist with utilization of templates for uploading new business policies
- Any other batch processes and correspondence batches as needed.
C. Provide support in other support related functions, including policy mailing monitoring daily cancellations, when needed.
D. Other Job Assignments - This position will be responsible for other projects as directed by the Assistant Vice President of Key Ops.
- Embrace a culture of Innovation by exhibiting Key Risk’s Innovation Behaviors, and by actively participating in idea submission, experimentation and implementation.
- Problem solving and system testing as required
- Professional Development – Develop job skills through Company training and the pursuit of industry designations
- Professional Relationships – Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders, including insureds, agency partners, NCCI/State Bureau personnel and Key Risk/WRB associates (underwriters, Regional Vice Presidents, auditors, information technology, claims and other WRB companies)
- Client Service Infusion – support CSI program by promoting and upholding 4 key behaviors
Key Risk is looking for a claims professional who enjoys analysis and management of workers compensation claims.
- Analyzes and processes workers’ compensation claims by investigating and gathering information to determine the exposure on the claim.
- Negotiate settlement of claims up to designated authority level and makes claims payments.
- Calculates and assigns timely an appropriate reserves to claims and continues to manage reserve adequacy throughout the life of the claim.
- Calculates and pays benefits due; approves all claim payments; and settles claims within designated authority level.
- Develops and manages claims though well-developed action plans; continues to work the action plan to bring the claim to an appropriate and timely resolution.
- Prepares necessary state filings within statutory limits.
- Actively manages the litigation process; ensures timely and cost-effective claims resolution.
- Coordinates vendor referrals for additional investigation and/or litigation management.
- Uses appropriate cost containment techniques including strategic vendor partnerships to reduce overall cost of claims.
- Frequently communicates with all appropriate parties involved with the claim.
- Maintains professional client relationships.
- Actively executes appropriate claims activities to ensure consistent delivery of quality claims services.
The Senior Actuarial Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Actuarial and Data Science functions for Key Risk and the Alternative Market Segment (AMS) of the W. R. Berkley Corporation. These activities will be completed proactively, with independence, and demonstrate a working knowledge of the core principles and standard Actuarial and Data Science techniques.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Core requirements of the Senior Actuarial Analyst role will be:
- To maintaining eligibility in the Actuarial Study Program in pursuit of the ACAS credentials;
- Actively engage in Key Risk and W.R. Berkley Corporate initiatives including Innovation and Client Service Intimacy;
Other responsibilities will vary depending on the current rotation of the Analyst.
Supporting Ratemaking, Business Intelligence (BI) and Analytics
- Preparing annual rate indications for strategic planning;
- Providing Actuarial support for AMS rate filings;
- Working with operational team managers to develop BI dashboards, reports and analysis tools to support senior management decision making;
- Maintaining data repositories supporting various Actuarial and Data Science initiatives;
- Proactively researching and incorporating external data and information into company analyses and evaluations as warranted.
Data Science and Predictive Analytics
- Automating of actuarial models and processes to improve efficiency across the group;
- Actively engaging with operational areas in development of new and recalibration of current products;
- Working with the Data Science Manager to with evaluate, recalibrate and deploy predictive models;
- Provide programming support to AMS Dev Ops teams as needed in the deployment of predictive models;
- Actively participate in Predictive Analytics and Data Science initiatives across the W. R. Berkley organization.
Reserving and Support of Financial Reporting
- Working with the Chief Actuary to prepare the quarterly and annual loss and expense reserve analyses and related Financial Reporting;
- Working with the Chief Actuary, senior leadership and Finance team in annual planning and budgeting process;
- Supporting timely compilation and submission of data calls and requests to regulatory authorities, bureaus, reinsurers and WRB Corporate;
- Automate processes for submission of various Financial Reporting information on a Statutory and GAAP basis.
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university with concentration in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, computer science, data analytics, economics, finance, business or related field;
- A minimum of 3 Actuarial exams with an ongoing pursuit of attaining ACAS credentials;
- 3+ years of experience in the P&C insurance industry with a minimum of one year of experience in P&C ratemaking;
- Ability to engage and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to examine information by identifying motives or causes, and develop actionable inferences and conclusions supported by the data;
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, respond promptly and professionally to inquiries from customers, and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization;
- A working knowledge or proficiency of programming packages commonly used in Actuarial and Data Science such as R, Python, SAS, Power BI/DAX and SQL