Key Risk is looking for an enthusiastic professional who will be responsible for the management of medical only workers’ compensation claims.
- Maintain good lines of communication with employers, adjusters, and providers
- Discuss with an employer, issues relative to an injured workers’ return to work status
- Request medical notes, proper billing format, and other written/verbal information from employers and medical providers to determine appropriateness of payment of medical bills and whether a claim is truly medical only
- Timely and accurately reserve for medical only claims assigned
- Document relevant written and oral communication received relative to medical-only claims in the log notes
- Discuss with an employee, issues relative to whether a bill has been paid or whether travel or medical reimbursement has been issued
- Assist in the management of communication of the unit with customers, providers and injured employees
- Enter medical notes into claim log as required
- Index images as needed
- Identify potential subrogation claims and notify appropriate supervisor
NC, Greensboro - 7823 National Service Road
Key Risk is looking for an enthusiastic individual who wants to learn account management and technical knowledge of workers compensation claims.
- Interface with Underwriting, Risk Management, and clients in controlling costs and loss ratios
- Conduct investigation of workers' compensation claims assigned
- Handle all technical aspects of claims, including coverage, disability benefit management, medical management, litigation management, file management, subrogation, reserving and settlement
- Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of the Workers' Compensation Act and Rules and Regulations in jurisdictions assigned
- Immediately notify management of large exposures and comply with reinsurance reporting requirement
- Monitor expenses and effectiveness of inside/outside vendors
- Assume full responsibility for all phases of account management for accounts as assigned and inform management of any unfavorable trends
- Actively work with mentor in monitoring loss ratio for accounts assigned
- Participate in client meetings for training on claims issues and assist with claims service meetings for new accounts as requested
NC, Charlotte - 2127 Ayrsley Town Blvd
Key Risk has an exciting opportunity in our Charlotte office to join our team of underwriting experts. We offer an innovative culture, great team members, excellent training and development, and career opportunities.
The primary responsibility of the Territory Underwriting Manager II role is to contribute to achieving or exceeding the Region’s profit plan through risk selection, agency management and communication of Key Risk's value proposition. In this role associates will be assigned an intermediate sized territory and book of business. Expectations are that the associate would possess at least an intermediate level of skill in the following areas: underwriting knowledge, portfolio management, and agency relationship management. The associate may also be asked to research new market niches, serve as an industry lead, and participate in special projects.
- Achieves planned written premium, rate change, renewal retention and loss ratio goals
- Documents analyses and decisions with adequate detail using Risk Analysis Documentation (RAD) form, Client Relationship Management (CRM) application, pricing models and rate change calculation tools.
- Takes the initiative to recommend any improvements in underwriting principles, techniques or appetite when they become apparent.
- Complies with insurance filings and regulatory requirements.
- Visits select agents and clients when needed to explain new products, services and underwriting decisions.
- Effectively and efficiently prepares for and schedules agency visits.
- Maintains current knowledge of agencies’ needs, staff, target markets, and contracted insurers. Documents agency visits in accordance with established corporate procedures.
- Performs all aspects of agency evaluations, goal settings and business planning within time frames and expectations defined by Regional Vice President.
- Participates effectively in new and renewal team sales activities
- Conducts business in a professional, punctual and well-prepared manner that promotes Key Risk appropriately in meetings and public forums.