Coordinates and develops program service plans, tools and resource materials to defined program group(s). Maintains positive and effective working relationship with primary client contact for loss control. Provides leadership, oversight of work, and guidance to internal loss control consultants on delivery of service to defined program groups.
Provides advanced level loss control services to company clients/customers in assigned geographical work area. Performs loss control surveys and completes detailed loss control reports for current/prospective clients. Due to experience, advanced education and/or specialized knowledge, functions with less supervision. Provides assistance to management for special projects.
Technical Specialist: Provides advanced level loss control services to company clients/customers but has additional technical knowledge of certain industry segments such as healthcare, construction, public entities, non-profits, etc. Provides services to company clients/customers in assigned geographical work area. Performs loss control surveys and completes detailed loss control reports for current/prospective clients. Due to experience, advanced education and/or specialized knowledge, functions with less supervision. Provides assistance to management for special projects and works with less direct supervision.
- Ability to coordinate loss control services for groups of insured clients.
- Provides advanced consultative loss control service to programs and clients that will assist management in developing an effective loss control program.
- Performs loss source analysis on groups/or individual clients being serviced.
- Analyzes losses and provides recommendations for correcting deficiencies, organizing a loss control program and selecting program priorities.
- Assists programs/clients in organizing a loss control program and determining program priorities.
- Conducts focused program assessments using audit tools.
- Performs job hazard analysis, hazard/exposure recognition surveys and training for client management (train the trainer).
- Provides resource materials, audiovisual materials and loss experience information to relate loss control information to others.
- Prepares detailed, written, multi-line, loss control surveys, reports and forms.
- Researches, develops and delivers presentations on loss prevention, risk management and occupational safety.
- Develops/maintains public speaking skills. Assists in the planning/execution of loss control workshops, seminars and other training for clients/potential clients.
- Develops/maintains working relationships with clients, agents and/or brokers (where applicable).
- Maintains regular communication relative to loss control issues with other staff and other appropriate company personnel.
- Able to travel, to include overnight and multiple night trips, to effectively manage workload in an assigned territory in or out of state. Includes overnight travel to conferences when necessary.
- Maintains an understanding of laws, rules and regulations affecting the insurance mechanism and alternative risk financing methods.
- Keeps informed of new techniques and equipment used in loss control.
- Assists in training new or less experienced loss control staff.
- Assists in the conduct of calls to existing/prospective clients and reinsurers for marketing purposes.
- Works with underwriting staff to determine appropriate coverage(s).
- Ability to conduct advanced ergonomic review of work sites and workstations.
Berkley Risk Administrators Company
MN, Minneapolis - 222 S 9th Street - Suite 2700
The Underwriting Technical Analyst is a member of the Berkley Risk underwriting team. This position will build out underwriting guideline and controls. The analyst position will collaborate with the underwriting team, centralized technology team and the corporate Berkley Technology team. Responsibilities will include defining, implementing and testing underwriting operational and system enhancements to improve the quality of underwriting and efficiency of underwriting processes. Other duties include research, analysis, documentation, communication, and underwriting as necessary.
- Determine acceptability of risks, including examination of exposures/controls and analysis of loss experience. Build program specific underwriting guidelines and controls.
- Work in a proactive fashion to write desirable new business that has potential to contribute to an overall program growth and underwriting profitability. Assist in new product development and product innovation.
- Coordinate efforts with Claim, Loss Control, and other program services personnel as needed and/or in conjunction with established program management operational procedures.
- Participate in and provide information for periodic audits.
- Support underwriting department by assisting and frequently taking the lead role within the underwriting business unit for assigned system projects by:
- gathering and writing requirements
- drafting test cases
- performing and/or coordinating user testing and production validation
- documenting system functionality and data definitions
- conducting end-user training
- projects include: configuration, enhancements, updates, defect troubleshooting and fixes, and system replacement
- Perform system configuration changes and updates using administrator tools in various underwriting systems.
- Consult with product and production team members to identify suggestions, ideas and arrive at solutions to improve product, efficiency and system functionality.
- Collaborate in the development, implementation and maintenance of underwriting programs and tools.
May perform other functions as assigned.