Support designated underwriters and their agents with lower risk transactions including but not limited to new business, inspections, endorsements, renewals and audits.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Achieve renewal premium retention and rate change objectives
- Underwrite fast track renewals and approve based upon authority granted. Support non-fast track renewals, by reviewing for underwriter and providing an overview of the account and recommendations based upon authority granted
- Review and Underwrite new business submissions for acceptability according to authority granted
- Make sound risk and pricing decisions that achieve profitable loss ratios
- Maintain underwriting quality score of 90% or greater. Document underwriting file to support acceptability and pricing in accordance with company guidelines
- Achieve designated customer service standards.Provide detailed issuance instructions to ensure policy is delivered consistent with quoted terms and conditions and in accordance with established guidelines relative to policy construction
- Review mid-term endorsement requests for acceptability up to the authority granted
- Review inspections to confirm accounts written are consistent with preliminary underwriting information and refer to underwriter when the inspection reveals unacceptable risk characteristics
- Utilize various underwriting tools to determine acceptable risk characteristics, accurate classifications, insurance to value, calculate rates, etc
- Review audits and refer to underwriter based upon authority granted
- Provide back up support to your assigned Territory Managers and the Underwriting team.
AZ, Scottsdale - 14902 N 73rd Street
The Business Transformation Analyst provides strategic business analysis to address current business problems to include identifying solutions, process improvements, business transformation and/or system changes or additions. This role would also assist in the analysis of potential new business opportunities. The Business Tranformation Analyst role will partner with project owners of each system to ensure enhancement projects and ongoing maintenance projects are completed in a timely manner. This role will also assist project owners with creating business requirements for system enhancements.
- When needed, meet with assigned project stakeholders to perform an initial assessment of problematic situations or new business opportunities.
- Perform root cause analysis on business issues to identify weakness and problems.
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions to review solution options that will address root cause issues.
- Compile recommendations/solutions with attention to desires, capabilities and limitations.
- Present findings and recommendations with detail support and documentation.
- Assist business partners with business case creation and summarize what/if scenarios to assist in stakeholder agreement.
- Outline recommended options for solutions or implementations with detailed data and documentation.
- Determine impacts on enterprise-wide basis for resources, systems and/or processes.
- Assess the effectiveness of changes to include tracking costs and the overall benefits of these changes.
- Partner with appropriate resources to help outline ROI for proposed initiatives and/or projects.
- Work collaboratively internally and with partners to deliver chosen solution(s).
- Ensure continued alignment for all initiatives and projects with the strategic goals outlined by organization.
- Serve as a liaison between IT/BTS and business to facilitate understanding of intent.
- Monitor status of enhancement projects with clear communication to business partners.
AZ, Scottsdale - 14902 N 73rd Street
This position will provide processing and technical support to the Underwriting Department. This position will be assessed based on productivity, accuracy and thoroughness, and ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Multi-line rating
- Issuance of multi-line quotes and policies
- Issue bind confirmations for new and renewal policies
- Process policy changes which include endorsements, cancellations, non-renewals, and reinstatements
- Resolve problems relating to processing and eliminate delays
- Inspection ordering and recommendation letters
- Responding to agent’s and insured’s requests for loss runs and copies of forms/endorsements.
- Reinsurance entries and cargo filings.
- Assist with submission and transaction set ups
- Assisting in the quality control /peer review process for the Underwriting Services team.
Manage an assigned underwriting territory to achieve profitable growth, including underwriting new business, renewals, endorsements and other transactions. Identify new business opportunities and manage agency relationships.
- Develop relationships and educate agents within agency plant to maximize opportunities and achieve profitable growth.
- Initiate outbound calls to agencies to identify sales opportunities and collect agent intelligence.
- Achieve new business premium, renewal premium retention and rate change objectives.
- Within company guidelines and granted underwriting authority, evaluate new and renewal account information to determine risk acceptability, terms / conditions to be quoted, and pricing.
- Make sound risk and pricing decisions that achieve profitable loss ratios.
- Maintain underwriting quality score of 90% or greater. Document underwriting file to support acceptability and pricing in accordance with company guidelines.
- Achieve customer service standards, including established objectives for:
- New business quote turnaround
- Renewal quotes
- Endorsement, cancellation, audits and other transactions
- Policy issuance
- Provide detailed issuance instructions to ensure policy is delivered consistent with quoted terms and conditions and in accordance with established guidelines relative to policy construction.
- Review mid-term endorsement requests for acceptability and provide instructions for processing.
- Evaluate premium audit referrals to determine class acceptability and/or appropriateness of current exposure base. Adjust current term with acceptable changes to ensure company gets timely payment of adequate premium.
- Order and review inspections to confirm accounts written are consistent with preliminary underwriting information and takes action when the inspection reveals unacceptable risk characteristics.
- Assist with training, mentoring and coaching of less experienced team members.
- Determine if facultative reinsurance is needed and if so, factor reinsurance cost in gross pricing, complete cession procedures; documentation file, and follow established workflow procedure to ensure proper reporting / accounting.
- Utilize various underwriting tools to:
- Determine acceptable risk characteristics
- Determine accurate exposure classifications
- Set adequate property limits to accomplish appropriate insurance to value
- Rate and quote business to agents
- Support other underwriters as assigned when the other underwriter is traveling or out on vacation / sick time.