Click column header to sort
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the technical implementation of the ecosystem – the tools to develop applications that work with Guidewire’s ClaimCenter, and how it fits in with our organizational strategy. In addition to being highly technical, you should be able to play a key role in code delivery and provide hands-on delivery guidance.
- Experience developing large, complex projects on the Guidewire ClaimCenter platform
- Experience developing project components from ideation to execution
- Must develop and execute unit test cases and conduct peer code reviews in the Guidewire platform
- Ability to estimate effort needed to integrate new solutions/applications with other systems
- Ability to propose creative technical solution to business problems
This position will work and consult with various teams and key business stakeholders to gather business requirements to bridge the needs of the business with the use of a web-based claim application. This includes determining client and organizational needs, system and operational requirements, downstream system impacts and legal compliance obligations.
- Works with end users and internal staff to develop and translate business requirements for project deliverables Guidewire Suite
- Answers developer and end user questions through the development life cycle
- Completes functional testing on assigned projects and defects
- Establish and maintain positive customer relationships to manage priority and expectations of their overall issues and deliverables
- Clarifies and escalates issue gaps through the change control process
- Provides end-user training, product presentations and feature demo’s
- Suggests improvements in processes used for requirements gathering, design specifications, and software implementations
- Assume responsibility for identifying, documenting and maintaining functional requirements and perform testing activities within the construct of Agile development methodology
- Manage project scope definition and drive requirements gathering by conducting meetings and teleconferences with key stakeholders.
- Provide recommendations to improve the business processes/workflows through system efficiencies
- Creates and maintains System Documentation such as upgrade guides and other release documentation
- Manage post implementation business requirements for maintenance and enhancement requests
- Willingness to travel – 10%
The Desktop Services Engineer is responsible for the design, documentation, implementation and support of Windows Server based operating systems as well as Design, implementation, deployment, and support of desktop technologies. Regular job responsibilities will involve making design decisions, developing team standards, and documentation that is based on the goals of project initiatives and/or changing business needs. Research solutions providing functional and technical written evaluations of products and operating system upgrades and patches. Create desktop and laptop build processes. Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and develop resolutions to complex problems. Creates software install packages for all desktop applications to ensure installation procedures are consistent. Provides automated procedures for testing, configuration, and implementation of desktops. Create and validate standard images and ensure proper documentation is completed and verified. Monitors the performance of desktop systems including the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI). The position will also need to play a substantial support role involving a variety of technologies, customer and team driven projects, handling trouble tickets on a priority basis, participation in tasks related to Service Desk and Desktop support service orders required to meet customer needs. A comprehensive performance management plan will involve the identification, discussion and implementation of personal and business related objectives and goals aimed at career and team development.
This position will be providing data development at a moderately complex level such as ETL, cube creation, adhoc and management reporting, dashboard and data extract creation. This individual will work within a team environment that provides data resource development and support for several companies. They will be responsible for analyzing, designing and coding solutions for rapidly growing companies supporting the insurance industry.
The Sr. Splunk Engineer will be a member of the Berkley Information Security Architecture and Engineering team. This team is responsible for identifying, developing and deploying cybersecurity controls across Berkley, leveraging the firm’s assets, network and data to identify threats. This role will focus on loading data into Splunk, tuning and configuring Splunk Events, configuring and tuning User Behavioral Analytics (UBA) capabilities as well as leveraging Phantom security automation leveraging the Splunk suite of tools. The role requires a strong self-starter with a track record who can understand program objectives, standardized approach, and independently and proactively engage internal partners to align on an agreed upon solution.
Information Security has the responsibility of ensuring ingestion of various log types and data sources into our SIEM tool and production support of the environment. The role also involves use case development and ongoing upkeep per intel provided from various peer teams within the Cyber Security organization.
This position will be providing data development at a moderately complex level such as ETL, cube creation, adhoc and management reporting, dashboard and data extract creation. This individual will work within a team environment that provides data resource development and support for several companies. They will be responsible for analyzing, designing and coding solutions for rapidly growing companies supporting the property & casualty insurance industry.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates a robust understanding of all business data processes/processing for a system, and the related data structures.
- Can produce significant new system functionality or defect resolution with minimal direction.
- Creates design specifications that demonstrate an understanding of most interfacing systems and supported business processes. (can understanding business processes go to the developer/analyst)
- Routinely proposes improvements to a data process and/or structure to improve supportability or usability.
- Can perform adequate peer review on any changes in the system.
- Can be consulted to provide recommendations to solve business issues based on experience and knowledge of current technology.
- Demonstrates understanding of data processes and/or structures.
- Will be required to communicate with employees primarily up to the mid-level within both company and client companies.
- May provide mentorship to others.
- May begin to develop sphere of influence with other teams.
- Will be required to communicate and coordinate within the team.
- May be responsible for on-call rotation.
- Some travel required up to 20%.
Design, communicate and advocate user experience concepts for new and existing products and features that can be applied to WR Berkley Corporation initiatives, by creating and refining visual designs, interaction designs and iconography as well as site architecture, wireframes and task flows.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with WR Berkley Corporation companies, business analysts, technical staff, and project team members to plan, design, develop, implement and enhance the user experience of applications.
- Identify industry best practices for user experience and ensure that they are leveraged throughout organization to address business and user goals.
- Develop, maintain and improve user interface design to ensure that WR Berkley Corporation is setting industry standards for excellence.
- Identify gaps in existing systems end-to-end user experience.
- Iterate and improve design processes and tools to measurably enhance productivity or product quality.
- Develop and support reusable interface concepts as part of the BTS Style Guide.
- Validate designs through reviews, usability testing and direct interaction with users and product managers.
- Travel less than 25%.
Solve and troubleshoot problems related to desktop computers, laptops, and different systems. Install hardware and software systems on desktops and laptops. Reviews service tickets and identify opportunities for improvement. Work with and assist customers with installations, moves, adds, changes, refresh, testing and implementation of personal computer hardware/software systems for small projects. Assists with problem determination and isolation of PC hardware/software networks. Utilizes help desk call tracking and problem resolution software and thoroughly documents problem resolution. Resolves issues utilizing excellent customer service skills, problem solving skills, technical thinking/reasoning skills, and a high level of individual judgment to ensure outcomes of customer satisfaction.
This position will play a key role in success of business critical projects by defining overall solution architecture focusing on all domains of architecture including non-functional domains of the solution. This role may have responsibilities for multiple programs or projects at the same time. Most project resources are responsible for a single system with regard to things like re-usability, risk reduction, and simplicity. This role is responsible for representing these same types of interests with the overall solution in mind while balancing against the delivery timelines and budget. This role may also be pulled in to take on the responsibility of new technology research and implementations. This role will also maintain and socialize the long term roadmap and provide long term strategy for different technology platforms at different times.
Primary responsibilities will be leading, designing and implementing security solutions (both technologies and processes) for W.R. Berkley companies, with the goal of maturing the company’s security frameworks and reference architectures. Work closely with infrastructure architecture / engineering / operations / compliance / business segment leads to identify risks to the business and drive solutions to mitigate those risks. Lead team of Security Architects and Consultants to partner with security and technology efforts across the firm.
The right candidate for this position will have an inherent curiosity and drive in the security space and will know how to work autonomously within the technical, project management, regulatory and stakeholder management responsibilities with an eye towards developing secure solutions through sound architecture and engineering practices. This position will require a roll-up your sleeves approach with someone that is not afraid to work hard and work in multiple different capacities across the technology, process and people aspects of the business and technology requirements while also leading a team of SMEs.