Click column header to sort
Key Risk is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced underwriter to join our team. The successful candidate will Solicit, write and retains profitable accounts that require an in-depth underwriting analysis and sound judgment. Markets Key Risk products and services to the agents and participates in agency management process.
Key functions include:
- Underwrites new and renewal accounts
- Documents analyses and decisions with adequate detail using the Key Risk documentation tools
- Takes the initiative to recommend any improvements in underwriting principles, techniques or appetite when they become apparent
- Achieves planned premium, rate change and loss ratio goals
- Participates with Area Vice President or Director of Underwriting in agency, account visits and industry events to sell products and services and ensure flow of target submissions
- Contributes to agency evaluations, goal settings and development plans
- Assists Underwriting Supervisor or Director of Underwriting with research and development projects as requested
- Assists other areas of the company with the acquisition and servicing of our policyholders
Key Risk is looking for an enthusiastic Claims Associate professional who will be responsible for the management of low exposure workers’ compensation claims. The Claims Associate will be responsible for learning workers compensation laws and providing outstanding service to our clients. This is an entry-level position with no experience necessary
Key functions include:
- Maintain good lines of communication with employers, adjusters, and providers
- Conduct investigation of workers' compensation claims assigned
- Request medical notes, proper billing format, and other written/verbal information from employers and medical providers to determine appropriateness of payment of medical bills and whether a claim is truly medical only
- Discuss with an employee, issues relative to whether a bill has been paid or whether travel or medical reimbursement has been issued
- Timely and accurately reserve for claims assigned
- Document medical notes and relevant written and oral communication received relative to claims in the log notes
- Discuss with an employer, issues relative to an injured workers’ return to work status
- Index images as needed
- Identify potential subrogation claims and notify appropriate supervisor
- Actively work with mentor and supervisor to develop skills to handle all technical aspects of claims, including coverage, disability benefit management, medical management, litigation management, file management, subrogation, reserving and settlement
- Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of the Workers' Compensation Act and Rules and Regulations in jurisdictions assigned
- Immediately notify management of large exposures
This position requires the individual to commute to our High Point NC office location.
The Marketing Specialist works with marketing and sales & distribution team to execute the company’s marketing strategy and support corporate marketing team. This includes a broad scope of duties focused on events, marketing, branding and communications initiatives that range across all functional areas of the organization. This role maintains responsibility, in partnership with CMO and Marketing Manager, for planning and executing external events. Additionally, role includes marketing content creation, global distribution of communications via email and website platforms, and brand focused quality control across the organization.
Key Functions include but are not limited to:
- Create compelling and engaging content for marketing materials, including collateral, website copy, social media posts, press releases, and email campaigns. Ensure consistent brand messaging and tone across all channels.
- Create visually engaging designs that effectively communicate the desired message and meet project goals. Develop and execute creative concepts for print collateral, print ads, websites, videos, and other marketing materials.
- Develops and coordinates email templates and supporting web content for client emails and ongoing agency updates utilizing mass marketing email tools. This includes responsibility for custom campaign content development and the ongoing management of contact distribution lists for global and custom agency outreach.
- Develops and manages social media strategy to support the advancement of the Key Risk brand and initiatives.
- Manages content updates to Key Risk’s corporate website and intranet.
- Maintains marketing templates and document records through the coordination and scheduling of status updates to support the marketing project request process.
- Responsible for marketing and sales & distribution projects, including business development programs, events and market research and internal surveys.
- Utilize digital marketing channels such as social media, email marketing, SEO, SEM, and paid advertising to reach target audiences. Monitor and analyze campaign performance to optimize results.
- Coordinate scheduling, planning and on-site execution of external agency, broker and client events and conferences, included but not limited to trade shows, agency council meetings, NYC amenities trips and Key Producers Meetings.
Key Risk is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced underwriter to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to achieving and exceeding the regions’ profit plan through proper risk selection, agency management, and communication of Key Risk’s value proposition.
- Underwrites accounts up to $750,000 annual premium
- Manage a book of business $5,000,000 to $7,000,000
- Develops and maintains relationships with 10-15 agencies
- Responsible for a moderate number of agencies including partners with Advantage and/or Premier status within our Key Alliance agency structure
- Achieves/exceeds planned accident year loss ratio, rate change, renewal retention and inforce premium goals
- Takes initiative to recommend potential improvements in underwriting principles, techniques or appetite
- Complies with insurance filings and regulatory requirements
- Research new market niches, serve as an industry lead, and participate in special projects
- Establishes a knowledge base of agency needs, staff, target markets, and contracted insurers
- Performs agency evaluations and establishes agency goals within required time frames and expectations
- Participates effectively in new and renewal team sales activities and Client Service Management (CSM) meetings to obtain and retain profitable business
This role has the capability to be remote if not located near our High Point NC office.
The Claims Supervisor is responsible for the administrative and technical areas of the Specialty Claims team’s work. Responsible for the technical handling of workers’ compensation claims and account management of their unit. Provide leadership of day to day activity of assigned claims team and work directly with AVP of Specialty Claims to continue to review and expand program and in house handling.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise all technical aspects of claims including coverage, disability benefit management, medical management, file management, litigation management, subrogation, reserving and settlement
- Verify and interpret coverage issues
- Provide the team with the guidance and training on functional claims problems
- Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of the Workers Compensation Act and Rules and Regulations. Job oversees and handles multiple jurisdictions
- Consult with client as necessary
- Monitor workload assignments to staff to ensure equitable distribution
- Management of reporting team including hiring, performance reviews, corrective actions, and counseling of staff
- Inform direct report of functional and administrative matters when appropriate
- Keep team abreast of all legal changes in assigned jurisdictions
- Ensure compliance of changes and execution in file
- Assist in planning and establishing objectives and assist in their implementation
- Work with Specialty underwriting and account team to constantly give feedback on adverse development
- Ensure team’s work is in accordance with guidelines established