The Rating team is responsible for the accurate and timely rating and issuance of property and casualty insurance policies. As a support team, Rating acts as a trusted advisor to Underwriting to deliver on Acadia’s promise to provide superior service to our policyholders and agency stakeholders. This individual must effectively collaborate with their Rating peers and Underwriting partners to provide insurance solutions for the financial well-being of our community.
- Participates in a training program to learn the primary aspects of rating property & casualty insurance
- Rates and issues all policy transactions within written authority for all commercial lines of business: Workers’ Compensation, Automobile, Property, General Liability and Umbrella
- Follows rating and procedure manuals to perform the basic functions for all transaction types: endorsements, new business, renewals, cancellations, rapid renewals, etc.
- Interprets written and verbal instructions from Underwriting and effectively communicates the decision-making process to ensure all transaction types are handled accurately
- Adheres to service level agreements to provide stakeholders with superior customer service
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with colleagues throughout the organization
- Demonstrates a commitment to innovation by challenging the status quo and contributing to the continuous improvement of processes and procedures
- Maintains a working knowledge of all software applications that support the rating role and responsibility
- Actively participates in team discussions
- All other duties as assigned
Provides support to the underwriting process, making appropriate decisions within own underwriting assigned authority levels. Reviews insurance applications and processes accounts. Projects a professional company image through internal and external customer interaction.
• Assesses new and renewal accounts to determine acceptability based upon NIC underwriting guidelines and authority granted.
• Reviews new and renewal accounts to verify issuance is in compliance with NIC underwriting guidelines, addresses discrepancies as needed, and enters information into appropriate systems.
• Establishes types and limits of coverage to be provided.
• Creates, analyzes and interprets data from various systems and underwriting resources.
• Responsible for monitoring production, profitability, and maintaining agency relationships.
• Collaborates with underwriting team as well as other departments on underwriting philosophy.
• Effectively communicates (written/verbal) information to both internal and external customers to ensure our standards of excellence are maintained.
• Consults with agency staff to obtain additional information on existing accounts.
• Promotes consistency amongst underwriting teams by contributing knowledge and soliciting feedback relative to underwriting philosophy and company goals.
• Maintains confidentiality with discretion and integrity with both internal and external information.
• Maintain familiarity with state laws and filing requirements within assigned territory to properly transact business within a state.
• Consults with underwriting team to determine if reinsurance is needed, and negotiates terms with designated reinsurer companies.
• Identifies and recommends changes to policy verbiage when standard text is not appropriate. Seeks manager approval before implementing.
• Monitors the amount of insurance in force on a single risk or group of closely related risks. Evaluates possibility o f catastrophe losses and takes necessary action, as needed.
• Occasionally requested to assist with the development of special programs, underwriting procedures, and educational seminars.
• Composes reports and business correspondence such as travel summaries, agendas, and meeting minutes.
• Coordinates internal and/or external visits including but not limited to scheduling meetings, confirming staff availability, and arranging meals/entertainment.
• Provides guidance and support to less experienced team members within the department.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Processes applicable state forms.
• Maintains familiarity with rule and rate filings.
• Utilizes various underwriting tools to determine accurate classifications and calculates rates and premium charges by using approved rating methods.
• Reviews state laws and filing requirements within assigned territory to properly transact business within a state.
• Calculates rates and premium charges by using approved rating methods in accordance with current state filings.
• Assesses issued policies to assure that the proper policy forms have been attached in accordance with current state filings.
Monitors state laws and filing requirements within the assigned territory to properly transact business within a state.
The Territory Manager is the marketing focal point for Berkley Management Protection in a given state. Designated to coordinate resources and expertise in meeting and exceeding results in that state. All agency management and distribution strategies and tactics will be implemented by the Territory Manager. The Territory Manager will report directly to the AVP and additionally will have matrixed relationships with the underwriters and corporate Marketing. The Territory Manager position works with the AVP & RVP in managing agency expectations and executing growth, profit and relationship building. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Grow the Private Company Management Liability lines of business in assigned territory
- Work closely with the Assistant Vice President to establish and implement a sales culture
- Establish strong relationships with agents in driving mutually beneficial results through agency planning, production and growth
- Manage distribution and negotiate agency appointment agreements
- Monitor competitor’s offerings and emerging industry issues
- Influence the structure of the region to capitalize on the strengths of the individual team members
- Work with Regional and Senior Leadership team to develop and drive underwriting and business strategies within region and nationally
The Claims Superintendent will be responsible for handling a High Exposure pending for Excess and Surplus lines carrier, cases involving Products, Habitational, Contractors, (including but not limited to New York Labor Law), and Liquor Liability matters. Responsibilities will include intense coverage analysis, investigation, and management of litigated files. Role can be remote for candidates with adequate level of experience.
- Present facts of claims, with recommendations, to committee as necessary.
- Prepare large loss reports where applicable.
- Attend and participate in mediations/trials as necessary.
- Establish appropriate loss and expense reserves. Maintain valid loss and expense reserves based on current investigation and legal discovery.
- Supervise activities of Independent Adjusters, investigators and defense attorneys to ensure that all claims are appropriately handled.
- Adhere to company procedures and Best Practice guidelines as well as case and statutory law requirements when coverage is in question, and/or when paying or denying claims.
- Comply with reporting requirements of treaty and facultative reinsurers.
- Maintain current understanding of various unfair claim practices statutes.
- Incorporate all claims into company records and review for applicability of coverage.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual to join our producer relations team this summer! This entry level role is suited for a college student who would like exposure to various facets of our business, is open to learning new things, and is able to be flexible and responsive to changing business needs. Do you like planning events? Do you like working in Excel spreadsheets and using creativity for solving problems? If so, this may be a great role for you!
We are seeking a temporary summer intern to assist with meeting planning, running and distributing business reports, and running the technology for various internal and external meetings. This position reports into the AVP of Producer Relations and supports the Field Support Representative and the Sales team. This is a paid position during May – August 2022 (start and end dates are flexible).
- Assist in planning and executing Berkley Academy and any other meetings and events
- Develop meeting materials such as agendas, tent cards, name tags, etc.
- Assist with running and distributing override reports and monthly business statistics reports
- Set up and coordinate meetings for the SVP of Captives, and the producer relations team
- Assist our sales team with events, and other tasks, as needed
- Run the technology for internal and external virtual meetings and events
- Work on a wide variety of internal and external ad hoc projects as needed
We have an excellent opportunity for a Medical Claims Supervisor to join our team! This position is responsible for process improvement, team efficiencies, reporting and leadership of a team of Claim Analysts. Maintain a culture of innovation, creativity, autonomy and teamwork. Collaborate with senior leadership to implement strategies to improve claim performance and solve complex and costly medical reimbursement issues.
This position can be remote anywhere in the U.S.
We offer a welcoming culture valuing our employees – we actually trademarked the phrase Everything Counts, Everyone Matters® to describe the Berkley commitment to our people and how we do business. We believe that every person in the organization is important and every accomplishment makes a difference in our results. Come join us!
What you'll do:
- Oversee team workload, assignments, and workload balance between the team to ensure both inventory and turn around metrics are met
- Handle analyst claims questions including facilitating and directing the analysts towards a resolution of the claim issue
- Review and approve claim denial letters for analysts, review all Appeals if analyst is unable to approve the appeal on their own
- Provide feedback on current processes and assist in creating new efficiencies in the current workflow
- Utilize sensitivity tactics to address concerns or issues with distressed customers in a professional manner on an ongoing basis
- Create and maintain a relationship based culture within the team with a focus on our innovation initiatives
- Establish a collaborative team environment and provide constructive feedback, prepare performance evaluations for direct reports, identify areas of development, coach and counsel as appropriate
- Handle over authority referrals from the team members, both within your authority limit as well as conducting a preliminary review for management authority limit
- Evaluate need for future training areas based on questions and issues presented by team members
- Provide strategic direction to the Claim Analysts, using performance metrics
- Other duties as assigned
As a Senior Energy Underwriting Assistant, you'll be involved in Casualty underwriting and processing new business, renewals and endorsements for acceptability in accordance with company guidelines and standards by utilizing sound underwriting and rating techniques. You'll work closely with brokers, agents and internal casualty underwriters as well as other underwriting assistants, claims, finance and premium audit teams.
You'll be part of a high-performing 15 person team and report to the COO. You'll partner closely with one Underwriter enabling you to develop strong relationships and provide outstanding service to our clients. You'll be able to split your time during the week between the office (3 days) and working from home (2 days). The pace is fast, requiring you to pivot as priorities evolve but you'll have the support of your team who are committed to helping one another succeed.
What you can expect:
- Internal mobility opportunities - this role can be a launching pad for your career
- Visibility to senior leaders and partnership with cross functional teams
- Culture of innovation, nimble decision making, teamwork, supportive colleagues and leaders willing to invest in talent
- Opportunity to lead change
- Benefits – competitive salary, paid time off, comprehensive wellness benefits and programs, profit sharing, 401k, tuition assistance and education
We'll count on you to:
- Handle transactions in a timely and professional manner; communicate as needed with agents to obtain information needed to complete underwriting and transactions (i.e. quotes, new business, renewals, endorsements and cancellations).
- Work with Underwriters to manage a book of business, to include Workers Compensation, Commercial Auto, General Liability, and Umbrella for Energy Accounts.
- Review submissions for all required information – request more information if needed
- Accurately enter information in systems and rating tools; produce accurate and timely policies for the agents and insureds.
- Research rules, manuals, and problem solve for solutions
- Provide Underwriting support such as ordering MVR’s, processing loss runs, posting notices, cancellation notices, etc.
- Set up electronic files, update logs and systems, email policies and general electronic filing required
- Process and complete endorsement transactions, accurately and timely
The Vice President, Transactional Underwriter will generate premium with acceptable loss ratios by underwriting representations and warranties policies for global buyers of North American target companies. Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review submissions (Confidential Information Memo, Financial Statements and Acquisition Agreements) and identify heightened acquisition exposures.
- Propose R&W policy terms and conditions (limit, retention, covered indemnity with appropriate modifications, pricing, fees, exclusions, focus areas) consistent with internal underwriting guidelines.
- Coordinate and lead conference call with insured, broker, buyer experts and underwriting counsel
- Review diligence reports and documents included in virtual data rooms and ensure that known matters are sufficiently scheduled or otherwise addressed in the R&W policy
- Review acquisition agreements and disclosure schedules with the ability to identify non-commercial representations and insufficiently scheduled matters.
- Draft bespoke R&W policies with any needed exclusions and deemed acquisition agreement modifications
This position prepares, oversees and is responsible for the execution of agency contracts and maintenance of agency contractual data for Berkley Connect Insurance Solutions, LLC on behalf of Berkley Aspire. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, execution of all aspects of agency contract management and maintenance. This position requires accuracy and focused attention to detail. Prior experience working with contractual documents is preferred. This position supports Senior Management and Underwriting to foster meaningful relationships with our Agency Partners from agency appointment to termination of existing relationships.
- Responsible for sending all required documents to support new Agency appointments.
- Reviews Agency applications and supporting documentation when received for accuracy and completeness and follows up with Agency Principal as necessary.
- Identifies and resolves problems associated with incomplete or missing information.
- Prepares Agency contract templates including new agreements and addendums to existing agreements.
- Forwards new Agency agreements and or addendums to signing Officer at Berkley Connect Insurance Solutions, LLC for execution.
- Forwards executed documents to Agency Principal for signature and follows up for timely return as outlined in procedures.
- Reviews requests and initiates needed contract changes resulting from Agency sales, mergers and acquisitions.
- Maintains current library, and archived versions, of contractual templates and documents including, but not limited to, Agreements, Addendums, W9 forms, ACH forms and Producer applications.
- Responsible for system(s) set up and document storage including, but not limited to, APS, A+, Agency Site in SharePoint, BPMi and Producer Documents in Shared Drive.
- Participates in and provides recommendations for improved processes surrounding the maintenance and storage of contractual documents.
- Responsible for management and verification of current Agency Errors & Omissions coverage.
- Responsible for verification of valid Agency Licensing via SIRCON or other appropriate third-party system.
- Responsible for maintenance, storage and quarterly reporting to Senior Management on executed Agency Incentive Agreements.
- Creates and implements tracking and recognition for key Agent milestones including, but not limited to, production and agency anniversaries.
- Collaborates as needed/requested with Marketing and Underwriting teams on Agency facing communications.
- Participates in SOX compliance testing related to Agency contract administration as required.
- Maintains, updates and recommends changes to procedural documents for all aspects of contract management position including but not limited to Agency Onboarding Checklist, Producer Application, Agency Survey and Producer Manual.
- Collaborates with other teams/departments to ensure customer needs are understood and met.
- Attends and actively participates in department and inter-department meetings and maintains professional relationships with others in the Company.
May perform other functions as assigned.
The Executive Administrative Assistant provides general clerical and administrative support to the company’s executive level management team.
• Under general direction from the executive level management team prepare presentations, memoranda, word processing, spreadsheets, organization charts, etc.
• Prepare departmental meeting minutes.
• Responsible for sorting and delivering mail.
• Responsible for ordering office supplies.
• Responsible for reception and telephone duties.
• Assist with appointment and meeting scheduling.
• Coordinate and process monthly expense reports.
• Make meeting and travel arrangements for the executive level management team.
• Prepping, logging, and depositing premium payments for Accounts Receivables.
• Various special projects monthly/quarterly as directed by executive level management team.
• Perform other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying and scanning.
May perform other functions as assigned.
The Claims Supervisor directly reports to the Manager of the Claims Department and is an integral member of the Claims Leadership Team. The Claims Supervisor is responsible for the analysis and management of claim files within their unit. Supervision includes: claim assignments, coverage analysis, establishment of and adherence to action plans in claim files, reserve accuracy, effective negotiation and appropriate resolution. The Claims Supervisor is a mentor and leader not only to their specific unit, but also the entire claims department and is available for consultation/discussion with staff as the primary responsibility. The Claims Supervisor is responsible for staff training and development. The Claims Supervisor will work closely with other members of Claims Leadership to insure the efficient and effective resolution of issues. The Claims Supervisor is charged with managing pending claims, improving file quality and controlling expenses. The Claims Supervisor will conduct the management of claims in the utmost of good faith in compliance with the rules, regulations and statutes of the WCAB and State of California. The Claims Supervisor is expected to function at a high level of expertise and competency, while consistently exercising good judgment and independent discretion. The Claims Supervisor is expected to support Company goals, Department Goals and advance Company values.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead, Direct and Manage a staff of up to 6 workers’ compensation claims examiners and their claim files
- Manage Loss Costs
- Manage Loss Expenses
- Analyzes file plans
- Approve action plans in accordance with best practices
- Complete 10-day diary reviews on all new losses and maintain active diaries of all claims in the unit
- Document the claim file of all activities taken
- Work with the examiner throughout the life of the claim
- Use appropriate cost containment techniques including strategic vendor partnerships to reduce overall cost of claims
- Frequently communicate with all appropriate parties involved with the claim
- Maintain professional vendor relationships
- Actively execute appropriate claims activities to ensure consistent delivery of quality claims service
- Recommend staff payment and settlement authority for employees in unit
- Compliance with state laws and regulations regarding claim handling
- Shared responsibility for department budget, which includes planning and ongoing management of salary and expenses
- Claim Management as measured through aggressive action plans and overall supervision as measured by reduction in average paid and average age of cases at time of closing
- Other tasks assigned by the Vice President of Claims
Berkley North Pacific
Internship and Development Program
Berkley North Pacific’s internship program immerses you in a variety of insurance business fields, tests your skills, enhances your business knowledge, encourages networking and offers assignments/projects in specific areas of study including Actuarial and Claims.
The BNP internship and development program seeks high potential candidates that demonstrate creativity, curiosity, innovativeness, entrepreneurial spirit and appropriate risk taking. The program provides access to the company’s senior leaders while also introducing a broad overview of insurance operations in claims, marketing, underwriting, actuarial and data analytics.
The program was developed to provide interns with a valuable, rewarding experience and help connect the knowledge from academics with the reality of today’s insurance careers.
The first phase of a BNP internship includes an introduction to BNP and the W. R. Berkley Corporation including the historical path of our company.
General training about BNP’s product, distribution channel and company-specific business processes will lay the groundwork for an intern’s comprehensive learning experience. Technical training necessary to perform analysis and complete program projects will follow the general training. Sessions focused on developing innovation, creativity, risk taking and entrepreneurial drive will be held regularly for all program interns.
After completing the general training, interns will manage project responsibilities specific to Claims and Actuarial departments.
The BNP internship program will include social activities aimed at building strong networking relationships with fellow associates and BNP staff. Activities may include BNP key management sessions, team-building, and volunteer/community service opportunities.
So what do you want your experience to be? At BNP, we’re dedicated to making your time with us unique and rewarding! Competitive pay, exposure to the complete business operation, real responsibility, fun activities, and possible full-time employment opportunities!
Responsible for performing accounting duties for a portion of BMAG's premium accounts receivable which include, but are not limited to, billing, collecting, reviewing and reconciling. Also provides administrative support at an entry level. Enter data into accounts receivable general ledger accounts. Balance daily and month end accounts receivable to general ledger balances. Under direction, may investigate outstanding invoices, make collection calls, negotiate payment terms, and processes liens for collections when necessary.
- Perform all of the duties of an Accounts Receivable Coordinator, as necessary or as assigned, including: data entry, review of accounts, and maintenance of Electronic Fund Transfer information-
- Respond to insured, agent, and underwriting inquiries and/or complaints either in written or oral form.
- Review and process requests for premium refunds and commission adjustments.
- Recommend payment arrangements in consultation with a supervisor and/or manager.
- Refer appropriate past due accounts to a supervisor and/or manager for possible transfer to collection agencies. Assist in monitoring and reporting on collection agency activities.
- Maintain orderly, well documented files and reports for either agency or direct bill information.
- In addition to the above, be fully capable and proficient in both Direct Bill and Agency Bill customer service.
- Review and verify customer account statements, including audits, cancellations, rescinded items and final notices. Be proficient in the requirements of any and all states.
- Review and verify the accuracy of direct bill commission statements as assigned.
- Ensure timely and accurate: collections of payments, daily reconciliations of cash, daily reviews of the Lockbox file; setup requests for EFT/ACH transactions, and "Insufficient Funds" payments.
- Bill and review past due audits and earned premium on cancelled/expired policies. Monitor and report on premiums over 30 days past due.
- Perform timely research and resolution of any and all discrepancies between agency account current statements and BMAG's statements; and the monthly reconciliation of differences between agencies' and BMAG's accounts.
- Communicate discrepancies and differences to agencies on a regular basis, and perform timely follow-ups.
- Monitor and report on premiums over 90 days past due, and review past due audits.
- Ensure timely and accurate collections of payments for agency bill accounts; and setup requests for EFT/ACH transactions, if applicable.
The Claims Examiner II’s primary job function includes efficiently and effectively handling primarily basic, commercial first-party property and/or third-party general liability losses in a “paperless” environment. The assigned caseload may include up to one-half intermediate-level losses. An ability to communicate both verbally and in written form in a prompt, courteous and professional manner is essential.
• Reviews and sets up new loss assignments in a timely manner in compliance with Department guidelines and best practices.
• Establishes appropriate initial loss and expense reserves and continues to regularly evaluate the file for adequacy, accuracy and adherence to reserving guidelines.
• Analyzes and interprets policy language in conjunction with specific loss facts to reach appropriate coverage decisions.
• Drafts frequent coverage correspondence, including reservation of rights and coverage disclaimers in compliance with various state statutes and regulations.
• Composes a variety of other detailed correspondence to insureds, claimants, attorneys, agents and Regulatory agencies.
• Proactively manages claim files from inception to closure, including identification and investigation of coverage, liability and damage issues, determination and efficient execution of an appropriate plan of action, and prompt, economical file resolution, in compliance with Department guidelines and best practices.
• Appropriately and clearly documents all claim file activity, including current strategy, plan of action and exit plan in file notes.
• Consistently demonstrates coverage analysis, investigation, evaluation and negotiation skills at a basic and frequently higher level.
• Directs and controls the activities and costs of numerous outside vendors including independent adjusters, defense counsel and coverage counsel.
• Effectively presents and discusses loss facts and issues in roundtable discussions to peers and members of management.
• Composes and transmits in a regular and timely basis Large Loss Reports and other detailed reporting documents as appropriate.
• Manages and monitors file caseload through the use of various resources.
• Obtains all required state adjuster licenses and maintain them as required via compliance with mandatory continuing education requirements.
• Demonstrated experience working with business users.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Occasional participation in projects and initiatives lead by other departments and/or W. R. Berkley companies, including audits, workshops, focus groups, task forces, etc.
• Initiates appropriate communication with members of management and other Departments.
• Attends internal and external seminars and other training events and provide feedback to peers and/or members of management.
The Premium Auditor is primarily responsible for performing premium audits, reviewing disputes from agents or insureds, and determines/communicates directly with insureds and their representatives.
• Completes and finalizes internal mail audits by obtaining needed information directly from the insureds by mail and phone. Creates audit spreadsheets detailing correct exposures for all classifications by reviewing federal and state payroll reports, financial statements, and other payroll and sales reporting documents to assist in meeting unit production goals. Requests for additional documentation to insureds when necessary.
• Reviews dispute information received from general agents, insureds or producers who are contesting an audit after it has been sent out for billing. Decides if dispute information is valid to warrant a revision. Communicates directly with insured’s and their representatives to resolve audit disputes and premium due the Company.
• Process and review audits in Direct Collections
• Communicates with all Underwriting and external customers regarding exposures, classification changes or general auditing procedure questions and audit results.
• Acts as back up to associate auditors to include completing vendor and estimated audits as needed.
• Interacts with team-members to encourage and foster a positive work environment.
• Participate with team on workflow efficiencies
• Completes special projects assigned by management and perform other duties as may be assigned.
Nautilus Insurance is searching for Premium Auditor to join our team. The right person will be passionate about working for a company that is dedicated to providing exceptional customer experiences and creating a culture that values our pillars of Growth, Excel, Serve and Fun. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, organized, and has a positive outlook, along with a natural drive to learn, grow and problem solve.
A successful candidate will have a strong customer service background, excellent written and verbal communication skills, proficiency with computer programs in a Windows based environment and able to handle multiple assignments within a professional working environment. A collaborative attitude, clear communication, and an inclination to help others are all must-haves. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow your career within the organization as you will have exposure to several other departments. You will interact and communicates with underwriting, agents, vendors and insureds.
- Completes and finalizes internal mail audits by obtaining needed information directly from the insureds by mail and phone
- Reviews dispute information received from general agents, insureds or producers who are contesting an audit after it has been sent out for billing.
- Process and review audits in Direct Collections
- Communicates with all Underwriting and external customers regarding exposures, classification changes or general auditing procedure questions and audit results.
- Acts as back up to associate auditors to include completing vendor and estimated audits as needed.
- Interacts with team-members to encourage and foster a positive work environment.
- Participate with team on workflow efficiencies
- Completes special projects assigned by management and perform other duties as may be assigned.
As an Energy Loss Control Consultant, you'll be integral to ensuring the high standards of our risk services organization are promoted and maintained. You'll provide technical advice and account information to underwriting for risk assessment and analysis for the purpose of insuring oil & gas accounts. You'll conduct phone surveys and/or customer visits to include visit of oil & gas sites, inspect the sites and successfully assess the site for hazards and risks. Your efforts are critical the organization because you'll be providing complete risk assessment surveys at client locations to determine potential hazards and risk factors to be considered in underwriting/risk selection. This role is unique in that you'd not only be visiting with our multi-national accounts but also be a key point of contact for our larger accounts so you'll be essential for collaborating with colleagues, facilitating communicaton, problem solving and planning.
You'll be part of our high-performing and long-tenured Energy Risk Services team and report to the VP, Risk Management. We have adopted a hybrid office schedule - 3 days in office and 2 days are work from home but the role does require you to travel to our oil & gas sites. The assigned territory is expected to be Central and South TX with many of the account being located in the Houston area.
What you can expect:
- Internal mobility opportunities – be a key person in our succession plan
- Visibility to senior leaders and partnership with cross functional teams
- Culture of innovation, teamwork, supportive colleagues and leaders willing to invest in talent
- Opportunity to lead change
- Benefits – competitive salary, paid time off, comprehensive wellness benefits and programs, profit sharing, 401k, paternity leave, employee stock purchase plan, tuition assistance and professional continuing education
We'll count on you to:
- Write detailed risk evaluation reports that provide a technical assessment of risk, addresses the safety culture and safety controls, and to provide meaningful recommendations for improvement where needed
- Build relationships with Underwriting and Claims, senior leadership, and with other Risk Control staff
- Develop key relationships with our brokers/agents and customers to create a long term business relationship through the successful renewal of accounts
- Serve as technical resource to underwriters, claims handlers, and managers- being a subject matter expert on oil and gas operations, conducting research on emerging issues, and participating in key industry groups
- Work directly with customers on ways to control hazards in order to reduce or prevent losses
- Remain knowledgeable of the industry trends, regulations and evolving/improving safety practices
- Analyze loss trends, recognize opportunities to provide risk control products and/or services which can help reduce losses
- Maintain timely, relevant communications with the Vice President and President of Berkley Oil & Gas Specialty Services
Senior Production Underwriters are a product-specific resource within a particular Line of Business (Berkley Crime in this case) with respect to underwriting and related workflow processes. Senior Underwriters will be assigned to a particular geographic territory and/or product category and will be expected to generate and promote profitable written premium growth and favorable loss ratios in accordance with Berkley Financial Specialists and Berkley Crime Best Practices, Underwriting Guidelines, Line of Business risk appetite, and personal Underwriting Authority. Senior Underwriters may also be required to oversee the efficiency and effectiveness of Underwriters. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Generate New Business submissions.
- Evaluation, rating, and pricing of New Business and/or Renewal risks. Communication with and solicitation of additional information from brokers when needed.
- Development, maintenance, and management of assigned agency/producer relationships through visitations and regular customer contact.
- Evaluation of the performance of assigned agency/producer relationships to ensure company and agency goals are met.
- Communication of corporate goals, programs, and underwriting policies and procedures.
- Awareness and maintenance of personal production, hit ratios, renewal retention ratios, spread of risk, and other production and quality measures.
- Preparation of Declination correspondence to broker (when required).
- Completion/updating of data entry fields in BPMi Workflow Management System.
- Completion of Rating/Review Documents.
- Completion of necessary fields in BUS Underwriting System.
- Adherence to Berkley Financial Specialists and Berkley Crime Best Practices, Underwriting Guidelines, Line of Business risk appetite, and personal Underwriting Authority.
- Coordination of Loss Control services as needed.
- Act as a liaison with finance/accounting as needed.
- Management of special projects or program business as needed.
- Availability to aid in additional workflow processes when needed and subject to supervisor direction.
In this position the BAM Operations Assistant will support Berkley Alliance Manager’s Underwriting and Claim Teams with various tasks relating to operational and administrative support. At Berkley Alliance Managers, we offer innovative coverage and risk management solutions for our brokers and policyholders. We have a passion for offering fresh ideas and relevant insurance products and services. Our business consists of four target markets – Design Professionals, Construction Professionals, Accounting Professionals and Miscellaneous Service Professionals. Our focus allows us to tailor coverage and create comprehensive risk management programs that enhance profitability and reduce susceptibility to loss.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Set up First Notice of Loss (FNOL) in the Odyssey claim administration system
- Generate Insured and Broker Acknowledgment letters
- Electronically file and code First Notice of Loss (FNOL) related documents in the Odyssey system
- Process invoices for all vendor payments and serve as the key contact for questions
- Handle state-required reporting to comply with Child Support Lien laws
- Handle claim related special projects and administrative support as needed
Berkley Constructional Professional, Berkley Design Professional and Berkley Service Professional Underwriting
- Enter/clear new business and renewal submissions in the Phoenix policy administration system
- Generate/email Insured and Broker acknowledgement letters
- Generate/email loss run requests
- Completed status changes
- Execute Broker of Record protocols
- Issue cancellations and non-renewal notices as needed
- Handle underwriting related special projects and administrative support as needed
General Operations Support
- Assist with Producer/Agency Database updates and other Producer Management related assignments/special projects
- Actively participate in all company innovation meetings and activities
- Assist with various Operation’s related special projects
As our VP of Claims, you'll impact our company top to bottom; leading on best practices, outcomes, innovation, data analysis, and people will allow us to create best outcomes for our clients and offer a great customer experience. You'll have overall executive management responsibility for the claims function while being a partner to your colleagues across Underwriting, Actuary and Strategy. You'll be responsible for the overall direction of claims management and practices of the company. This includes oversight for developing, implementing, and managing policies and procedures to enhance the processing, investigation and settlement of claims. Your role will be critical to organizational profitability by driving effective claim handling strategy and managing loss costs and claim expenses. Even though we are an all-lines company, Auto Liability is Intrepid’s leading line of coverage today.
In this role, you'll report directly to Intrepid's President and lead a team of 10 high performing colleagues working in our brand new 27,000 square foot offices located in Overland Park, KS. Our 70+ person team of talented and diverse professionals is poised to grow and scale rapidly. Intrepid's created a fun and vibrant culture that has the energy of a start-up where people are encouraged to challenge the status quo, empowered to make a real impact while having the support of nimble leadership.
We'll count on you to own the:
- Vision, planning and execution to create a best in class claims organization
- Direction, leadership, development and management of all claims staff, lawyers, technical leads, loss control, and adjusters. The adjusters have varying experience levels, establishing and monitoring authority levels, making claim assignments and approving payments and reserve requests.
- Direction, leadership, and development of the department’s internal quality audit process to ensure compliance of best claim practices, processes and procedures
- Development and implementation of policies and procedures which meet the needs of the company, customers, regulatory requirement, and audit controls
- Organizational structure, environment, and accountability of the claims operations in order to deliver services to the business. The development and use of metrics and analytics to identify trends and drives the department’s success
- Relationship management of outside vendors, consultants, contractors, and other Berkley companies in line with company policies and guidelines
- Development and maintenance of claim/ legal resources to include attorneys, adjusters and expert witnesses and related responsibilities to include internal and external litigation guidelines, panel counsel and litigated claim outcomes
- Collaboration with multiple departments to ensure sound reserving practices are in place and maintained
- Round Table Discussions in accordance with department best practices
- Ensuring compliance requirements are met through Large Loss Reporting to the WRB organization and reinsurers
- Attracting Best in Class talent to the team
- Claims thought leadership and building business relationships with customers