Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full-time Regional Sales Manager to develop profitable business initiatives in an assigned territory by devising detailed, focused sales plan to identify target markets needed to hit sales goals, directing distribution of Group Captive products in assigned region and any unassigned states through network of preferred producers, and creating new distribution outlets and facilitating marketing efforts to utilize alternative distribution methods; i.e. cross marketing through the Berkley family of companies, email blasts and newsletters, and attending industry events and seminars.
Regional Sales Manager essential duties include:
- Develop group captive program opportunities through credentialed broker partners
- Generate and facilitate pre-qualified submissions for all established programs through credentialed broker partrners
- Provide regular feedback to Home Office on successes and failures in the program and partner development process to allow for adjustments and improve close ratio
- Provide monthly updates on pipeline, current, and future activity
- Continue to expand product education and develop cross-selling opportunities within territory
- Be a proactive listener with customers by identifying needs and collaborating with Home Office to derive innovative solutions
Under the direction the SVP, Service Manager, the Life Sciences Renewal underwriter Responsible for the execution of the strategy that enables the long-term profitable retention of all Berkley Life Sciences products for an assigned group of producers. The Service Underwriter will grow and maintain relationships with producers and insureds.
· Manage assigned book to meet or exceed profitability, rate, retention, and product mix goals.
· Incorporate input from sales underwriters and brokers to support and shape products and strategy
· Build strong relationships with producers to effectively manage and optimize producer performance.
· Responsible for identifying cross sell opportunities and completing the analysis including all pricing and documentation for existing customers.
· Operate with an enterprise mind set to identify cross sell opportunities and create growth with other with other lines of business (International and Management Liability).
· Provide technical support to producers and insureds
· Assist in training of underwriting colleagues on technical underwriting and workflow topics.
· Stay current with all compliance, procedural and workflow changes.
· Work collaboratively and effectively with customer service, legal, home office underwriting and claims
Under the direction the Field Underwriting Territory Manager the Life Sciences Production Underwriter is responsible for the new business marketing and production, renewal underwriting and service of business for an assigned group of producers.
· Build strong relationships with brokers to ensure you meet or exceed financial goals including growth, profit, retention, and new business.
· Responsible for account solicitation, risk selection and analysis including the corresponding documentation, pricing and marketing of Berkley Life Sciences products and services for new and existing customers.
· Business development results for assigned territories
· Identify opportunities for account rounding.
· Provide technical support to producers and insureds
· Stay current with all compliance, procedural and workflow changes.
· Work collaboratively and effectively with, underwriting associate, operations, legal, home office underwriting and claims
Stop Loss Account Manager Job Summary:
- Provide account support to customers, brokers and program sponsors for their captive program.
- Handle and manage day to day activity with stop loss accounts in assigned captive programs.
Stop Loss Account Manager Essential duties include:
- Preparation of EmCap Illustrations on an as needed basis.
- Manage all aspects of stop loss account activity post sale (new business and renewal) for an account including collection of outstanding requirements for policy issuance
- Schedule and conduct onboarding calls, when necessary to ensure a positive initial customer experience
- Establish account files through onboarding process, including contact information, EOR and reimbursement set up, updating the EmCap database, initiating reporting with TPAs, setting up commissions and assignment of account manager in DY (Sales Administrator)
- Initiate the collection of necessary data for underwriter to perform renewal underwriting, when requested.
- Client Service contact for management and oversight on employer client stop loss activity including claims payment inquiries, premium submissions, commissions and overrides. Identify and resolve any issues that come up in these areas.
- Review A/R reporting monthly, pursue any overdue premiums and work with Premium Collection team to ensure that all shortfalls or overpayments are resolved satisfactorily. When necessary, prepare reconciliations to resolve discrepancies in premium payments.
- Upon request, prepare Schedule A – Form 5500 requests for information.
- Review commission payment summaries monthly for accuracy and take any remediation on a timely basis to ensure that incorrect payments are minimized.
As a Business Translator Design Lead for Berkley Small Business, you will play an integral part in changing the way commercial insurance is delivered. The role will allow you to apply cutting-edge technology and work with sophisticated vendors to help solve a variety of business problems. Your contributions could be add value immediately as you join a team committed to implementing the best technology to our customers. This creates an environment where technology will be quickly implemented and have a real impact on the business. The role will provide exposure to a wide range of commercial insurance products and platforms.
- Work side by side with our vendor partners to lead the business requirements and implementation to design a market leading and data driven agency experience to allow our agents to quickly quote, book, and issue Small Commercial policies
- Create workflows for all future portal consumers including agents, regional companies, and SBS employees
- Serve as the translator of the insurance industry to our vendor partners, to ensure the portal meets all scenarios to ensure an exceptional customer experience
- Business ownership of the platform including requirements capturing, design, testing, workflow, and implementation to the regional organizations
- Serve as the business lead in all phases of development including implementation into the Regional companies
- Drive the creation of a business testing strategy and plan with input from IT and product teams
- Establish best practices to capture requirement to support building in a fast passed environment
- Be agile and open minded in the development approach and challenge solutions to create the most innovative technology driven outcome
- Clearly communicate status and progress to senior leaders
The Data Scientist may be responsible for leading or participating in the cross departmental collaboration to define and develop predictive modeling initiatives and building, refining, and improving existing models as well as developing new techniques and applications to different areas of the company. This position leads or participates with cross-departmental collaboration and communication of complex technical models as well as leads or participates with the implementation of the models on behalf of Actuarial & Advanced Analytics including interfacing with Information Services, Underwriting, Claims, Finance, and Sales.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Adapts and develops rating methodologies for both existing and new company products using advanced techniques to incorporate new variables, etc., in pursuit of a competitive advantage and creation of economic profit opportunities. Helps shape the overall advanced analytics strategy for the organization.
Identifies, retrieves, and prepares data in support of actuarial analysis through R, SQL, Essbase, and other data sources. Includes internal data (exposure, premium, loss, claims, price, etc.) and various forms of external data (bureau loss costs, bureau trends, macroeconomic data, market share, market pricing, etc.)
Ensures the accuracy and suitability of data for the business need at hand. Manipulates data, performs preliminary analysis and interprets data through various analytics platforms. Summarizes and presents recommendations.
Supports the transformation of business intelligence tools from static reporting to dashboards, increasing data visualization and availability, supporting cross-division collaboration, and operationalizing advanced analytics.
Supports the actuarial function in identifying segments with profitable growth potential and underperforming segments. Assists in proposing corrective actions to improve profitability.
Performs advanced analytics and modeling techniques including but not limited to generalized linear modeling and other forms of multivariate analysis. This role is expected to build, refine, and improve existing models as well as develop new techniques and applications to different areas of the company.
In additional to regular modeling responsibilities, this person will use critical thinking skills and apply advanced modeling techniques, including but not limited to AI/Machine Learning, to provide insights and solve business problems including techniques such as classification and regression trees, random forests, neural networks, clustering, and other machine learning techniques.
May participate in other departmental deliverables and activities such as enterprise risk management (including support for catastrophe management), economic capital modeling, rate reviews, loss reserving, and planning. Provides innovation and leadership when applicable.
Leads the innovation and efficiency efforts related to tools and analysis in support of Underwriting’s pricing decisions with respect to large accounts as well as small commercial portfolio price adequacy analyses.
Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
The Information Security Architect is responsible for coordinating and consulting on the day to day management and execution of the Information Security program. Through effective governance routines, project and program execution tracking, this leader will support all Information Security verticals in their efforts to improve and mature the security posture of the firm.
As a Security Architect, this individual will also participate in the organization's evaluation of emerging technologies in Cyber Security space. More specifically, this role will require that the successful candidate can evaluate the potential cyber security opportunity for an emerging technology, understand the applicability to our corporate and operating units, build compelling business cases, and communicate these concepts across leadership. The Security Strategist will be responsible for working with the team and our various partners to establish and communicate points of view, while working with the business leadership to evaluate investments, staffing, target markets, and ROI expectations for areas of emerging technology that are recommended for pursuit. The successful candidate should be accomplished in building business cases, including financial projections that clearly articulate the mission and anticipated goals of any particular investment strategy.
This leader will assist the Head of Security Architecture in the continuous development and documentation of the Information Security program while keeping up to date on industry best practices, upcoming regulatory requirements, and emerging technologies to help ensure that WRBC can take a proactive approach to information security.
This position provides support for various member companies of Berkley Shared Services. The position involves rate indications across multiple lines of business and specialty business statements; gathering business requirements, development of custom spreadsheets, databases, and reports; communication and interaction with both internal and external resources; work with teams creating predictive models; rate filing support including rate indications for DOIs and support for coverage rates; competitive filing research and analysis; and special projects as assigned.
- Provide rate filing support including creating rate indications to send to the state DOIs, and development of proprietary rate support where needed.
- Perform rate indications including trend studies and predictive modeling to determine rate needs across a shared platform.
- Assist in analysis of rate and rule changes to provide member companies prospective estimates of regulatory changes in the platform.
- Conduct research and analyze competitor filings as needed to support development of new rating rules on the Shared platform.
- Assists in the development, maintenance, and oversight of various databases, software, and other technological tools in support of the overall Berkley Shared Services platform.
- Develops effective working relationships with our customers and Shared Services teams through a demonstrated degree of knowledge, professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Other duties as assigned.
As respects the Berkley Shared Services (BSS) platform:
In addition to creating and submitting state filings, this role will be a team lead for a filing staff. The role includes monitoring filing metrics, monitoring of bureau filing activity, creation of accurate rate/rule/form filings for submission to various state departments of insurance including responding to state objections, communication of approved filings, writing of business requirements for systems implementation of changes, and various testing of such system implementation.
- Supervise a small team doing filings and communications with IT on system implementation.
- Monitor reports on filing metrics to enforce standards and reduce discrepancies between filings and systems.
- Review bureau circulars and coordinate with Product Development and Actuarial staff.
- Create and submit accurate rate/rule/form filings.
- Address state concerns, with input from BSS Operating Units, Product Development, and Actuarial.
- Develop clear, concise and accurate business requirements for system implementation.
- Populate and update various data repositories i.e. Filings Database, Reference Connect, SharePoint.
- Perform Testing on Genesys system as assigned.
- Assist Product Development with LOB projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
The primary function for the Senior Facility Manager is to manage and support the business by implementation and delivery of all facilities /business management activities in an innovative, cost effective and efficient manner, within our Greenwich location. Ownership and responsibility for all Facilities Management and Health & Safety services to ensure a safe, secure, comfortable working environment that is fully compliant with and conforms to all local and state codes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage Greenwich facility operations - having responsibility for renovations, necessary projects, procurement and contract management, building and grounds maintenance; cleaning; catering and vending; health & safety; utilities and space management in addition to usage reports and analysis.
- Full understanding to the necessary maintenance and operation of HVAC including all AHUs, Chillers, Boilers, etc.
- Monitoring of BMS system including all temperature set points and controls.
- Assists in operations and maintenance issues, troubleshooting and problem solving as required.
- Recommends and implements improvements for preventive maintenance programs on an on-going basis and develop/maintain effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals.
- Oversees all building systems including fire/life safety, plumbing, HVAC and electrical issues and must remain current with latest HVAC technology trends.
- Manage and work with selected vendors to maintain building equipment, systems and furniture, including, but not limited to: HVAC, irrigation, sprinkler, fire alarm, electrician, plumbers, drywall, locksmith, landscapers and furniture installers.
- Track performance and implementation of procedures and policies ensuring that relevant legislation is complied with and all team members are trained on policies and procedures.
- Perform key holder responsibilities with 24 hour/7 days a week attitude.
- Manage all changing projects without sacrificing user satisfaction during moves and expansions.
- Purchase necessary office equipment and furniture, working with Procurement to make sure we use preferred vendors wherever possible.
- Attain full understanding of the security/photo ID program/ VCTV/ fire systems within the facility.
- Work closely with city officials and contractors as necessary to ensure the buildings proper safety code and continuous necessary building and ground improvements.
- Ensure appropriate governance, advice, monitoring, policies, processes, records and training are in place in all locations to meet and exceed where possible statutory Health and Safety requirements. Working with the relevant enforcing authorities as required.
- Management and accountability for overall business services budget.
- Anticipate future developments with the buildings, their grounds, infrastructure, décor and other features in advance, ensuring that adequate planning and budgetary provision is made for maintenance and repair works and that continuity of service is optimized.
- Identify contracts maturing / arising and plan for appropriate allocation of these contracts in advance, in line with the procurement policy.
- To lead, manage and develop direct reports to maximize team performance and output by ensuring team members receive regular feedback through one to ones, team meetings, reviews and ad hoc feedback.
- To ensure that Team members receive effective communication, training and development that is aligned to their roles and supports team progression.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Data Engineer will be providing data development and analysis at a moderately complex level involving troubleshooting data issues, data extract creation, and ETL development and support. This individual will work within a team environment that provides data resource development and support for several companies. They will be responsible for analyzing, designing and coding solutions for rapidly growing companies supporting the property & casualty insurance industry.
- Demonstrates a robust understanding of all business data processes/processing for a system, and the related data structures.
- Can produce significant new system functionality or defect resolution with minimal direction.
- Creates design specifications that demonstrate an understanding of most interfacing systems and supported business processes.
- Routinely proposes improvements to a data process and/or structure to improve supportability or usability.
- Can perform adequate peer review on any changes in the system.
- Can be consulted to provide recommendations to solve business issues based on experience and knowledge of current technology.
- Demonstrates understanding of data processes and/or structures.
- Will be required to communicate with employees primarily up to the mid-level within both company and client companies.
- May provide mentorship to others.
- May begin to develop sphere of influence with other teams.
- Will be required to communicate and coordinate within the team.
- May be responsible for on-call rotation.
- Some travel required up to 20%
The Senior Data Engineer will be providing data development at an advanced complexity level involving troubleshooting data issues, data extract creation, and ETL develoment and support. This individual will work within a team environment that provides data resource development and support for several companies. They will be responsible for analyzing, designing and coding solutions for rapidly growing companies supporting the property & casualty insurance industry.
- Requires an in depth understanding of insurance related reporting and insurance company operations. Demonstrates a robustunderstanding of all the business data processes/processing, system interfaces, and where/how that data is used, and the related data structures.
- Design and implementation of ETL process, data structure and the analytical/operational reporting environment. Can design significant new system functionality with a consideration of performance, stability, and supportability
- Thorough understanding of industry best practices. Includes but not limited to modeling, workflow and presentation. Design and implement data extracts both inbound and outbound for internal and external sources.
- Requires strong organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills that span the application, middleware, and infrastructure levels. Thorough upstream/downstream impact analysis. Assists in defining standards and design patterns/paradigms for data processes and/or structures for development within a team.
- Provides guidance on BTS development standards and quality expectations to BTS or company resources entering the job family
- Demonstrates understanding of data processes and/or structures
- Will be required to communicate directly with employees at all levels up to the senior level within both company and client companies
- Will provide mentorship to others
- Will develop sphere of influence with other teams.
- Will be required to communicate and coordinate within the team.
- May be responsible for on-call rotation.
- Some travel required up to 20%
In this role you will report to the Chief Actuary and perform as the analytical leader for the team. Under general supervision, you will present quarterly profitability/reserve analyses to the management team, assist in the pricing of large accounts, design and maintain book management tools as well other duties as required.
Other responsibilities include:
- Developing loss reserving diagnostics and reserve analysis tools
- Completing line of business trend and pricing studies
- Building and maintaining pricing models
- Supporting countrywide rate proposals/filings and developing new rating programs
- Assisting in rate analysis and reporting
The primary responsibility of the Third Party Risk Management Analyst position will be to conduct formalized Information Security risk assessments of Third Parties, focusing on Information Security and Data Privacy controls. The position will participate as needed in all aspects of TPRM lifecycle starting with information gathering process, due diligence/documentation review, assessing risk including formalized risk analysis and identifying potential gaps and providing security solutions to mitigate risks. This position will interact with individuals all throughout the company as well as third parties.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review services and data in scope of the assessment and analyze engagement risk ratings
- Conduct formal end to end Information Security Risk Assessments (review of questionnaires, third party security audit reports and evidence, onsite assessments, etc.)
- Document risk assessment in a formal report, including any identified deficiencies in third party’s Information Security program.
- Work together with the TPRM team and stakeholders to review the assessment and escalate any issues. Work with operating units and partners to get additional information and to properly vet any issues prior to finalizing the report.
- Review and analyze evidence supporting deficiency remediation efforts prior to closure.
- Assess remediation plans and non-compliance acceptances where Information Security standards compliance cannot be achieved.
- Keep assigned review inventory in the system of record up-to-date
- Partner with other Information Security teams, operating units and IT, to ensure that risks are clearly articulated in a manner that is understood by business and technology audiences
- Participate in and influence Third Party Risk assessment process improvement, including procedures, processes, project deliverables and reporting initiatives
- Build and maintain positive relationships with management, team members, and stakeholders across the company using effective written and oral communication practices.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and process ambassador as it relates to TPRM related processes, procedures, and workflows
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Travel expected -10%
The Clinical Risk Analyst (CRA) role is an integral part of our Clinical Risk Management team. Our CRAs provide organized, timely, and effective management of all notifications for Berkley Accident and Health's (BAH) Employer Stop Loss (Direct and Captive) and Managed Care business lines. Our CRAs support Berkley Accident and Health's vision of being recognized as an industry leader in risk management services.
Clinical Risk Analyst I Essential Responsibilities:
- Adopts BAH core competencies in personal work behaviors, decision-making, contributions, and interpersonal interactions.
- Develops relationships with our Clinical Risk Management team members, other BAH employees and external clients to further BAH's mission.
- Facilitates timely and accurate intake, screening, triaging, tracking and maintenance of all potential claim notifications and associated reports/documentation.
- Assists in maintaining accurate database tracking and reporting.
- Demonstrates a solid work ethic and maintain a positive attitude.
- Develops compliance with all company and department policies and procedures, quality assurance programs and service level agreement standards.
- Works with other team members to coordinate the management of shared e-mail box (es).
- Provides excellent customer service / communications by responding in a timely and appropriate manner to all internal and external customers.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full time Underwriter for its Managed Care segment. This position will solicit, write and retain a profitable book of Managed Care/Reinsurance business. Requiring extensive underwriting analysis and sound judgment, this role will be responsible for contributing to the achievement of Berkley Accident & Health’s financial plans by meeting established premium growth and profitability goals.
Managed Care Underwriter Essential duties include:
- Assess risk to ensure that the risk meets established underwriting criteria
- Evaluate, price and propose rates based on established underwriting guidelines while meeting profitability standards set by Management.
- Manage assigned workload to meet productivity and time service standards.
- Maintain quote logs and ensure that appropriate action is taken within the requested due date.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with target sources.
Conduct a review of all Managed Care claims processed by our contracted vendor. This role will require communication with that vendor as appropriate, as well as any internal Berkley staff involved in the administration of the Managed Care segment.
- Review claims payment results performed by contracted vendor on all Provider Excess and HMO Reinsurance business and provide policy documentation, disclosure, risk matrixes and DOFRS to them upon request and within approved authority limits.
- Communicate with contracted vendor as appropriate and respond to client and broker inquiries, as necessary.
- Elevates issues to next level of supervision, as appropriate.
- Manage workload to meet time service standards.
- Exhibit good organizational, oral communication and interpersonal skills while working with internal and external customers.
- Document outcome of claim reviews in the shared drive, as appropriate.
- Utilize knowledge of regulatory/statutory guidelines including but not limited to, HIPPA, privacy, Affordable Care Act, etc., as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full time Stop Loss Underwriter for our Group Captive division. This position will write and retain profitable accounts that require underwriting experience, with an analytic approach to spread risk. This role will contribute to the achievement of Berkley’s financial plans by meeting premium growth and profitability of assigned book of business.
Stop Loss Underwriter, Captives Segment – Essential duties include:
• Underwrites and proposes financial structure on accounts from 50 – 400 employees within delegated authorities that are specific to position.
• Responsible for constant analysis and development of underwriting and business guidelines
• Develops and maintains successful relationships with target sources and assigned programs
• Responsible for ensuring profitability at both the single employer and group captive level
• Manages an assigned volume of case and program activity for both new and renewal policies
• Works with Supervisor and Actuary to revise and develop group captive tools to improve efficiencies in underwriting process.
• Communicates effectively with various team members within Captive Division
This role requires relocation to either Hamilton Square, NJ or Marlboro, MA
The Underwriting Leader is a seasoned medical stop loss underwriting professional who has the years of experience and knowledge to manage a staff of underwriters, as well as exercise sound judgment to achieve appropriate risk adjusted rates of return. In this role you will be a member of the Captives Executive Team; you will collaborate with Captives SVP, Distribution, and Program teams to efficiently manage the quote, negotiation and underwriting activity for our various medical stop loss group captive programs. The role requires the ability to manage a staff of underwriters including workload assignments, personnel and performance reviews, training, and overall strategic guidance. Leader is expected to analyze both financial and clinical risk contingencies, understand the unique risk management initiatives within each programs, and develop rating strategies accordingly.
Captives Underwriting Leader Essential Duties include:
• Collaborate with Senior VP to achieve product financial targets, produce department KPIs, and participate in overall product strategic development.
• Work with Business Development team to ensure deadlines are met.
• Travel with Business Development and Program Management teams to meet with producers and program members.
• Oversee the activity assignments and workload balance of staff of UWs
• Assume an actual assigned workload as appropriate
• Support staff on challenging risk evaluations, service situations, and during periods of high activity
• Ensure staff is properly composing, preparing, and generating correspondence, proposals, and other reports as needed or required.
• Ensure staff is conducting clinical risk evaluations utilizing available resources.
• Make pricing recommendations that will lead to acceptable risk adjusted returns.
• Evaluate and propose pricing on Stop Loss business within stated authority limits.
• Oversee the review of Applications, Policies, Plan Documents/Amendments, and Proposal Contingencies ensuring that they are complete, accurate and in accordance with the sold case terms.
• Ensure that staff is digging in on all data points and analyzing all submitted data from production source.
• Prepare detailed referral recommendations beyond authority limits to SVP that include historical and proposed ESL terms, clinical diagnosis, and paid claims to properly evaluate risk with recommendations on rates, lasers and other contingencies.
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of terms and conditions relative to each EmCap program.
Gemini Transportation Underwriters is looking for a Software Developer to support the business in the support of existing and development of new software applications, websites, databases, data warehouse and reports which align with the business goals and objectives; oversee testing and resolve software defects; investigate and reconcile system and workflow problems; assist in the design, engineering, implementation and support of information systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and continually improve the functionality of our custom internally focused Business Operations System using C#, .NET and SQL Server.
- Support and continually improve the functionality to our custom externally focused on-line quoting platform GeminiExpress using C#, .NET and SQL Server.
- Assist in the design, engineering and implantation of a new company website.
- Develop, test, implement and maintain business software applications, websites, databases, data warehouse and reports.
- Leverage advanced front end application and back end database construction skills to ensure the end to end operation and integrity of the application
- Utilize advanced database skills (Stored Procs, triggers, inner/outer joins, Data Modeling, etc.)
- Coordinate with business users to gather requirements, identify system problems and enhancements
- Analyze existing workflow and processes for efficiency; recommend and implement needed changes
- Provide project status reports as requested
- Assist in supporting existing applications
- Perform other duties and/or projects as assigned