Click column header to sort
Key Risk is looking for an enthusiastic professional who will be responsible for the management of low exposure workers’ compensation claims. The Claims Associate will be responsible for learning workers compensation laws and providing outstanding service to our clients. This is an entry-level position with no experience necessary.
- Maintain good lines of communication with employers, adjusters, and providers
- Conduct investigation of workers' compensation claims assigned
- Request medical notes, proper billing format, and other written/verbal information from employers and medical providers to determine appropriateness of payment of medical bills and whether a claim is truly medical only
- Discuss with an employee, issues relative to whether a bill has been paid or whether travel or medical reimbursement has been issued
- Timely and accurately reserve for claims assigned
- Document medical notes and relevant written and oral communication received relative to claims in the log notes
- Discuss with an employer, issues relative to an injured workers’ return to work status
- Index images as needed
- Identify potential subrogation claims and notify appropriate supervisor
- Actively work with mentor and supervisor to develop skills to handle all technical aspects of claims, including coverage, disability benefit management, medical management, litigation management, file management, subrogation, reserving and settlement
- Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of the Workers' Compensation Act and Rules and Regulations in jurisdictions assigned
- Immediately notify management of large exposures
- BA/BS Degree
The successful candidate will demonstrate their passion for implementing and improving DevOps processes. Use your cloud experience to have a positive impact on our organization’s cloud journey. Collaborate with others in the organization to improve software development, agility, and automation. This team is responsible for overseeing all activities related to automating Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), automated testing development, and QA processing. Specific responsibilities include development and execution of software release functions moving system changes across the environment model. Additional responsibilities include support for SDLC tools, source code control systems, and training other teams on usage of automation tools.
- Support and enhance existing DevOps automation framework with a focus on enhancing end-user experience through self-service solutions, speed of delivery, and high-quality results.
- Use understanding of the intersection of development and operations (DevOps) to promote process maturity around DevOps and CI/CD processes.
- Ensure the DevOps processes meet or exceed compliance and security requirements.
- Collaborate with representatives of diverse disciplines from across the WRBC organization to enhance automated software delivery to both on-premises and cloud hosting solutions.
- Ensure team-supported tools (including DevOps tools) are maintained and optimally utilized.
- Participate in both project and support activities for the team.
- Build strong relationships across the organization for the purpose of understanding the needs of other teams. Build frameworks and solutions that meet the requirements of a diverse set of technologies.
- Travel for this position is approximately 10-20%
Manage all related underwriting tasks required in assigned territory to promote written premium growth and favorable loss ratio results.
- Select and write new and renewal commercial accounts to achieve production and profit goals.
- Manage assigned agency relationships and make agency visitations as needed.
- Coordinate loss control and claims services as needed.
- Negotiate facultative reinsurance on accounts where needed.
- Refer items exceeding your authority level to Director in a timely manner to provide an analysis on a referral form with your recommendations.
- Maintain a workflow for your assigned territory which meets all the standards and expectations of the department and consistency to strive to improve workflow.
- Train or assist in training of others as necessary. Help co-workers improve their skills by sharing your knowledge.
In addition to the above, Senior Underwriters will have three or more years of experience and will have the following responsibilities:
- Demonstrate enhanced product knowledge and act as a resource for team and other departments.
- Demonstrate commitment to self-development, course learning and educational opportunities.
- Demonstrate consistent commitment to department’s underwriting guidelines and best practices via formal and informal reviews and department roundtables.
- Handle larger and more complex risks and agencies.
- Provide direction to underwriters and support staff as needed
- Maintain a workflow for assigned territory that meets all department service standards and expectations and consistently strive to improve workflow.uilk
In addition to the above, Team Leader will:
- Demonstrate ability to lead, mentor and coach individuals and teams
- Provide direction to staff members
- Assist with supervision of staff in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. This may include interviewing, hiring and training employees, assigning and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints, resolving problems and tracking time and attendance.
The Product Owner - Data, is a member of a cross-functional team that builds and maintains software solutions in support of Data Management and Analytics. As a member of the team, the Product Owner will collaborate with the business units to identify trends in the corporate data that will assist with the assessment of current activities and will identify future opportunities within the insurance market.
- Facilitate the refinement and execution of the roadmap and vision for information delivery and management including the enterprise data platforms, BI & analytics and data management.
- Maintain and prioritize the product backlog while working with the Scrum team to maximize the value that can be delivered within each sprint.
- Perform detailed analysis of Commercial Property / Casualty insurance data and effectively communicate with the business community regarding the results of the analysis.
- Define data quality measurements and resolve moderate to complex data quality issues.
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements such as automating manual processes and optimizing data delivery.
- Actively participate in the review of the data architecture and documentation standards.
The Operations Manager will lead the operations team and work across all functional areas of Berkley Public Entity to achieve operational excellence through continuous improvement of process efficiency and workflow.
- Management of the operations team.
- Serve as Compliance lead for the company.
- Work with Executive, Underwriting, Actuarial, Claims, Finance and IT to determine areas of improvement and to develop process efficiencies to enhance workflow, while seeking continuous improvement.
- Work with the Executive, Underwriting, Claims, and Actuarial teams to develop process documentation, bulletins, updated appetite guidelines and marketing collateral.
- Assist with the development of new products, services, process improvements, and marketing initiatives.
- Troubleshoot system and process issues.
- Oversee the facilities management function for each of the BPE offices.
- Manage all aspects of existing vendor relationships, identify new vendors, and communicate internally regarding vendor value proposition.
- Create and maintain ad-hoc reporting tools, and work with IT to develop comprehensive IT based reporting.
Manage the organization of Client and Broker centric events.
- Manage the processing of new business/renewals and endorsements for assigned accounts and perform underwriting analysis for some routine new and renewal business applications.
- Manage the issuance of policies, endorsements and billing.
- Manage the completion of account transactions.
- Manage the claims intake process and ensure data accuracy.
- Manage ad hoc projects as required.
This position functions as a top level underwriting professional within the regional territory for the Continental Western Group. This Underwriting Specialist will insure Commercial insurance risks of significant size and technical complexity in accordance with established underwriting guidelines and within delegated authority level.
Manages book of business to achieve profitable growth objectives by properly classifying and pricing risks; building strong internal and external business relationships; analyzing competitive marketing data, and developing, implementing and monitoring action plans as appropriate. Serves as the point of contact for assigned agencies and is responsible for the agency relationship. Serves as technical underwriting resource to staff by providing knowledge and insight to underwriters.
- Assesses new commercial insurance risks and determines accurate classification of business, policy contract forms and pricing of risk. Works within broad limits and authority on commercial underwriting accounts of significant size or high technical complexity. Interprets and analyzes more complex or unusual coverage forms. Evaluates property (COPE) information, liability exposures, fleet and safety programs, loss history, financial reports, risk control reports, etc. Accepts and prices risk in accordance with established underwriting guidelines and within delegated authority level.
- Reviews renewal accounts by examining business operations, classification, contract forms and loss activity. Determines if account is an acceptable risk or if it will be non-renewed. Determines price in accordance with established underwriting guidelines and within delegated authority level. Reviews accounts and endorsement requests exceeding Senior Underwriter, Underwriter or Underwriting Assistant’s authority level and takes appropriate procedural action.
- Develops, expands and/or enhances agency relationships to promote profitability and growth of new business and the retention of existing business. Travels and meets with agents and customers to enhance business relationships. Educates agency staff on pricing, product set and risk selection philosophy. Participates in the agency management process. Assesses the strengths and weaknesses of agencies and assists them in achieving the mutual goal of sustained profitable growth.
- Identifies new business opportunities from the agency force to assess, quote, inspect and accept. Collaborates with Underwriting, Business Development, Risk Services, Claims, and Management to create strong agency partnerships and build a profitable book of business. Effectively manages book of business to achieve established profitability, growth and retention goals.
- Serves as a technical underwriting resource to underwriting staff and agents regarding products, coverages and rating procedures. Provides professional development knowledge and guidance to Senior Underwriters, Underwriters, Underwriting Assistants and other functional areas.
- Supports, coaches and motivates underwriting staff to achieve business and individual goals.
- Ensures effective underwriting discipline to achieve planned financial objectives.
- Collaborates with all Berkley Industrial Comp departments to achieve organization-wide goals.
- Maintains technical underwriting best practices and controls that support professional underwriting performance.
- Assist team members with managing external relationships to meet new and renewal business objectives.
- Manage the portfolio profitability and identify favorable and unfavorable classes of business.
- Bachelor’s degree
- CPCU and/or CIC strongly desired
The Senior Crime Production Underwriter partners with both Retailers and Wholesalers in the New England Region and is expected to promote profitable written premium growth and favorable loss ratios in accordance with Berkley Financial Specialists and Berkley Crime Best Practices, Underwriting Guidelines, Line of Business risk appetite, and personal Underwriting Authority.
While the ideal location for this position is New York City we are offering some potential work location flexibility.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development, maintenance and management of assigned agency/producer relationships through visitations and regular customer contact.
- Evaluation of the performance of assigned agency/producer relationships to ensure company and agency goals are met.
- Communication of corporate goals, programs, and underwriting policies and procedures.
- Awareness and maintenance of personal production, hit ratios, renewal retention ratios, spread of risk, and other production and quality measures.
- Evaluation, rating, and pricing of New Business and/or Renewal risks.
- Preparation of Declination correspondence to broker (when required).
- Adherence to Berkley Financial Services and Berkley Crime Best Practices, Underwriting Guidelines, Line of Business risk appetite, and personal Underwriting Authority.
- Communication with and solicitation of additional information from brokers when needed.
- Coordination of Loss Control services as needed.
- Act as a liaison with finance/accounting as needed.
- Analyzes, documents and tests application logic, process flows and specifications
- Obtain complete understanding of how the Claims Team operates to ensure their needs are considered when designing new solutions for them
- Transparency with the project team and stakeholders to ensure understanding of expected deliverables
- Ability to gather information to provide requirements/user stories
- Work with business and the development team to review and approve solutions/designs ensuring transparency across all teams
- Assists in working with the QA Team and business on Quality Assurance and User Acceptance Testing strategies and execution
- Provides business and technical knowledge to clients as needed
- Acts as a mentor for junior analysis to further their technical acumen as an analyst
- Work in partnership with EDI expert to provide support related to EDI transmissions.
Supports the achievement of company growth and profitability goals by performing a wide variety of underwriting and underwriting support tasks.
- Reviews renewal accounts for acceptability by examining business operations, classification, contract forms and loss activity. Determines price in accordance with established underwriting guidelines and provides renewal quotations to agents within authority level. Consults agent for additional information when necessary.
- Develops and maintains professional, productive working relationships with underwriters and agency force to encourage profitability, growth and good understanding of our Company’s pricing and risk selection philosophy. Assists agents with questions regarding accounts and billing.
- Maintains established department service and quality standards.
- Assists Underwriters with accounts exceeding the Account Manager’s authority level. This may include updating information, completing worksheets, contacting the agent for information, and/or performing general underwriting of the account for the Underwriter's review and approval.
- Serves as technical resource to others, may train and/or mentor Account Specialists and other Account Managers.
- Perform special projects or assignments as requested
The PEO Specialty Underwriter solicits, writes and retains profitable PEO accounts that require an in-depth underwriting analysis and sound judgment. The position markets Key Risk specialty products and services to the agents and participates in agency management process.
- Underwrites new and renewal PEO accounts
- Documents analyses and decisions with adequate detail using the Key Risk documentation tools
- Takes the initiative to recommend any improvements in underwriting principles, techniques or appetite when they become apparent
- Achieves planned premium, rate change and loss ratio goals
- Participates with Area Vice President or Director of Underwriting in agency, account visits and industry events to sell products and services and ensure flow of target submissions
- Contributes to agency evaluations, goal settings and development plans
- Assists Director of Underwriting with research and development projects as requested
- Assists other areas of the company with the acquisition and servicing of our policyholders.
The paralegal role will assist and provide a range of legal support and administration to BMMS leadership as well as the operating unit stakeholders. This role will stay abreast of workers compensation and pharmacy regulatory changes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Perform legal and factual research
Perform records search
Identify relevant statues, legal articles, codes and other pertinent material
Organize and analyze information
Prepare regulatory updates/newsletters
Build and maintain databases and files
Review and monitor new and updated laws and regulations
Draft legal documents including agreements, contracts and legal memoranda
Review, edit, redline contracts, agreements and amendments to contracts as needed.
Maintenance of medical licenses, state licenses and other necessary requirements to support the daily business needs of the company
Work directly with our corporate entity regarding regulatory, security and other assigned initiatives
Collaborate with both WR. Berkley as well as outside council as needed
Responsibility of coordination, and monitoring, and documenting Rules Committee meetings
Overall responsibility for claim process consistency and quality control. Utilizing advanced analytical tools to identify trends, establishes and communicates overall training direction for the claim department. Key areas involving the position’s purview: Audit Control, Medicare compliance, vendor management, legal billing, and Claim system integration.
- Oversee, coordinate and implement audit calibration, content, schedules and execution for all claim operating units. Maintain claim audit database and distribute results and trends to the Claim Management Team.
- Maintain and administer Claim Best Practices manual and payment/reserve authorization hierarchy and protocols.
- Track audit results against goal thresholds and work with results in Claim Audit and compliance systems.
- Help Claims coordinate with IT in Claim Work Station (Guidewire) administration and ancillary claim operating systems.
- Act as agency and policyholder liaison (along with our Claim Services Director) in operational processes and system interfaces to enhance the customer experience.
- Assist with performance to our Claim Services Department and any other assigned Corporate Services business units.
- Manage vendor lists and relationship s that primarily include legal vendors, experts, etc.
- Track and measure compliance involving Sarbanes Oxley, Medicare Reporting, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Underwriter, focusing on medical professional liability including facilities and physicians, will work in a team setting generating, underwriting and analyzing accounts for development of new and renewal Professional Lines business.
- Compliance with underwriting documentation rules and guidelines.
- Maintain an acceptable underwriting profit.
- Adherence to Admiral underwriting guidelines and referral compliance.
- Act as referral authority for Associate Underwriters.
- Development and maintenance of key broker/agent relationships.
- Management and development of new business and broker relationships.
- Coordinate strategic marketing calls to key brokers (up to 25%).
- Participates in all internal company training and continuing education.
- Remains current on product releases as it pertains to Casualty.
- Stay abreast and knowledgeable on market trends in terms of forms, coverage and appetite to maintain competitiveness.
The Commercial Product Analyst will provide dedicated support for the Berkley Agribusiness Staff and Product team to enhance our abilities to deliver support to all functions of Berkley Agribusiness. This role will assist the team in basic staff and product duties that will enhance productivity within the team, including acting as the first point of contact by all departments for product/system requests, managing product workloads and administering underwriting workflow applications.
- Provides administrative support and processing of Underwriting workflow systems. This includes, but not limited to policy data quality assurance, processing of underwriting and agency assignments, system regression testing, and submitting workflow system errors to appropriate parties
- Monitors Staff and Product General Inbox to triage requests and provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers. Manage set-up of department’s project management workflow
- Collaborates and assists department with product creation and enhancements, including competitor analysis.
- Assist Commercial Process Manager with Quality Review Assessments of processed business
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Extensive diary management, including coordination of meetings, conferences, and events
- Manage Inboxes and email correspondence
- Manage travel arrangements, including flights, trains, hotels, restaurants and other transport
- Administer all expenses
- Administrative tasks, including booking meeting rooms and lunches, filing and arranging internal/external events
- Collation and preparation of presentations and proposals using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Minute taking
- Provide cover for the other EA’s in their absence
We are seeking data professional who will be a part of a team that’s building data and analytical tools and frameworks to exploit advantages from the latest developments in technology, data engineering, and data science. As a WRBC DNA Manager you’ll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within our diverse portfolio of insurance companies in the US and internationally.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with and across business and technical teams to design, develop, test, and implement data and analytic solutions that enhance our underwriting, claims, and operational processes through the application of predictive modeling, data engineering and data management
- Facilitate the refinement and execution of the roadmap and vision for information delivery and management; including the enterprise data platforms, BI & analytics, and data management
- Lead data architects and data engineers to architect and deliver the solutions that fulfill the Business information needs and align with the information vision and strategy
- Apply business strategy while driving technology strategy, balancing short term and long term needs to ensure that the architecture can scale and evolve according
- Engage an end-to-end approach by connecting all the pieces of data to deliver the data while leveraging all available assets
- Provide advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures to ensure schedule attainment, product development process adherence, and performance and budget targets are met
- Take an active role in the performance management process by completing goal setting, interim review, and year-end review on a timely basis and soliciting ongoing feedback
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery/ dataOps.
- Work with a team of subject matter experts, data scientists and data analysts to identify ways to transform operational processes, enhance data assets, and manage organizational change as we implement solutions that leverage data and analytics in new ways
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities.
- Collaborate with insurance product managers, and deliver robust solutions that help protect millions of businesses and workers through our diverse portfolio of insurance products. Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Some travel required. (< 25%)
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with senior members to craft data engineering and analysis best practices as it relates to business goals.
- Responsible for delivering programs to support current challenges and future ambitions of the organization
- Help internal clients build out data pipelines, structures and applications consistent with best practices of the industry.
- Support the improvement of data operations including data ingestion, exports, profiling, data quality management
- Responsible for developing data roadmaps and operational plans with sequenced, prioritized initiatives laid out with dependences for the execution of data strategies, governance plans quality initiatives etc.
- Responsible for integration of solution architectures and capability maps with data platforms including MDM, ETL, API based microservices, DWH, Data Lake and CRM platforms
Processes commercial insurance - new business, renewals, endorsements, cancellations, audits, non-renewals, driver information requests and quotes within established department service and quality standards.
- Reviews documents to determine proper procedural action. Consults with underwriting staff and/or agent for missing or inaccurate information. Accesses other resources for needed information. Refers documents to Underwriting Assistant that are beyond assigned authority level. Identifies and prioritizes work according to department standards. Maintains established department service and quality standards.
- Reviews and enters new account and premium information and compares to established processing guidelines. Reviews renewal policy and premium information and compares to established processing guidelines. Accurately completes endorsements in the appropriate manner and in accordance with established department procedures. Updates workflow application, UAD, DART, or spreadsheets as needed.
- Performs quality review on the entered information to ensure consistency in meeting established department quality and quantity standards. Conducts peer quality review audits.