The Associate Underwriter, a key contributor within the Berkley Life Sciences organization, is responsible for the new business production, renewal underwriting and service of business for an assigned group of producers and underwriters. This role works closely with every department to meet all compliance, regulatory and service guidelines. Duties and responsibilities, working in strategic alliance with the LSA Supervisor, include but are not limited to:
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customers and colleagues to ensure you meet or exceed financial goals including growth, profit, retention, and new business.
- Demonstrate the ability to negotiate and strategize and make sound underwriting decisions within authority.
- Review all new line/endorsement submissions and stay within applicable binding authority
- Drive renewal process, review upcoming renewals, work with producers to obtain and evaluate all underwriting information, prepare for renewal for the Life Sciences Specialist
- Manage assigned book to achieve budgeted rate, retention and new business goals
- Execute proper pricing components and rating methodologies.
- Responsible for account solicitation, risk selection, research and analysis including the corresponding documentation and pricing, and marketing of Berkley Life Sciences products and services for new and existing customers.
- Analyze, assess and select risks in accordance with BLS for account rounding goals.
- Responds to coverage inquiries from producers.
- Stay current with all compliance, procedural and workflow changes.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with, underwriters, operations, legal, home office underwriting and claims
The Regional Sales Director is responsible for optimizing the profitable growth over the long term in an assigned geographic territory. The Regional Sales Director is responsible for the development and execution of industry leading go-to-market and sales strategies while developing and maintaining highly effective sales relationships with both external (e.g. independent agents) and internal customers (e.g. underwriters). Will partner and collaborate with underwriters to effectively communicate appetite, drive submissions, manage new business quotes, deliver proposals, and assist in renewal retentions in the overall effort to drive success with assigned independent agencies. Responsibilities also include development and execution of business development plans, market research, competitive intelligence, product intelligence, collaboration with interdisciplinary teams, and achieving both production and profitability targets.
- Serves as Regional Sales Director of the assigned territory; provides leadership in the areas of business development, agency relationships, go-to market strategy, and client service
- Takes an innovative and entrepreneurial approach to identifying and developing new business opportunities, sales strategies, customer service and engagement strategies
- In collaboration with the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer develops and executes on the annual territorial business development plan and the strategies, tactics, and resources necessary to achieve and exceed regional objectives
- Conducts market needs analyses among potential new business sectors to identify strategies for long term growth development
- Conducts regular phone calls and visits with agency principals, producers and CSRs with pre-defined agendatopics related to production, individual accounts (including pipeline development), competition and products
- Builds and maintains the highest level of collaboration with underwriting; proactively communicating with underwriting associates while partnering on all aspects of submission flow, quote management, proposals, and renewal retention.
- Supports the development and execution of our social media and brand campaigns
- Coordinates and leverages incentive-based agency ranking and monitors and recommends changes where applicable
- Delivers on the differentiated service plans for identified independent agents
- In collaboration with the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer conducts essential market research; maintaining superior knowledge of competitor products and capabilities along with market trends
- Utilizes key reporting tools and client relationship management software to track, measure and analyze performance
- Ensures all marketing communications are coordinated and supportive of the marketing plan objectives and is an effective use of company resources
- Provides input and support to the Company’s leadership in the development of programs, affiliations and partnership arrangements
- Coordinates marketing efforts of independent agents to ensure alignment with strategic plans and objectives
- Provides business development, marketing skills and expertise to the territory by leading and mentoring underwriting associates and by effectively collaborating to achieve target profit and production goals
- Actively participates in professional societies, associations and events to support the USIG brand
- Effectively articulates and embodies USIG’s vision and value
- Contributes to other projects and duties as requested by leadership
Working in a collaborative team environment, develops extract, transformation and load (ETL) processes from sources to target databases following documented specifications. Provides support and maintenance for all created processes. Able to maintain and support processes created by other developers.
- Produce ETL processes following documented specifications with minimal direction.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems in ETL processes.
- Communicate and coordinate within the team through multiple communication methods.
- Produce and execute test plans to verify output of all created processes.
The Senior Physical Damage Adjuster is responsible for the investigation, evaluation, disposition and settlement of moderate to complex claims involving commercial automobile litigation. This includes the investigation, determination and evaluation of coverage, liability and damages, risk transfer, and the timely setting of proper reserves. In addition, the Claims professional will control the insured’s exposures and losses, manage consultants, and achieve a prompt, fair and equitable settlement according to fair claims handling requirements. S/her will negotiate settlement of claims with varying complexity and perils.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and resolve truck, bus, commercial auto and/or public transportation claims, including litigation
- Select, oversee, and grade the performance of outside counsel
- Attend and monitor trials to assess attorney performance and jury verdict risk
- Set and control litigation budgets
- Conducts a prompt, thorough and fair investigation by obtaining relevant facts to determine coverage, origin, and extent of loss losses.
- Utilize critical thinking and solid judgment to solve problems, make decisions and resolve complex issues inherent in handling losses, as well as plan and organize activities throughout the claim’s management process.
- Experienced with managing, evaluating and resolving claims in litigation consistent with in-place litigation guidelines.
- Able to write concise reports and effectively communicate contractual issues, technical legal concepts and coverage application in easy to understand terms.
- Act timely upon emerging information to insure ongoing recognition of the financial exposure on losses within assigned authority as well as promptly communicate to management, if beyond the assigned level of authority.
- Interpret related claims documentation.
- Initiate and oversee serious automobile accident investigations and rapid response
- Develop strategies and effective plans that drive litigated matters / claims to better results
- Accurately assess and resolve commercial auto insurance coverage issues, analyze facts and allegations in conjunction with all policy provisions, endorsements and amendments
- Draft declination, Reservation of Rights and other coverage letters
- Negotiate outstanding settlements
- Present case statuses/summaries in a clear, concise and understandable manner
- Documents and communicates all claim activities timely and effectively and in a manner, which supports the outcome of the claim file
Conducts premium audits via electronic methods and telephone conference with insureds. Examines and evaluates insured’s records to determine appropriate classifications and exposures on policyholder reports to determine accurate premiums. Manages workload to achieve timeliness and production goals while maintaining quality results.
- Review information obtained through the admin process to ensure all records have been submitted and will request any additional information and records from insured to complete the audit.
- Schedules time with insured to review information and conduct audit via telephone/online conference.
- Complies with state regulations and company guidelines, and maintains working knowledge of all insurance manuals, premium audits manuals, and related material.
- Inputs a summary of audit information in Premium Audit Tracking System (PATS) for final Audit Transaction to determine premium adjustment.
- Refers highly complex issues and problems to Premium Audit Supervisor.
- Performs the audits on payroll based and composite exposures.
- Has a stronger understanding of ISO and NCCI rules to ensure proper classification and exposure development.
- Works across a larger span of geographical territory, understanding state specific rules and guidelines.
- Assists in the training of new Hub Audit staff and can be assigned as a mentor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Support the proper scheduling and handling of all premium audits in the group. This will involve monitoring and administering phone auditors, initiating and monitoring the mail audit process by assuring that proper letters are mailed, and received data that is attached to the audit, then, being assigned to the appropriate auditor. Compare information received from insureds to what was requested. Send out additional document letters.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
Manage the mail audit process in Premium Audit Tracking System (PATS) up to the point where requested data is received and the audit is then assigned to the appropriate auditor. Update PATS with current audit contact information
Ability to read and comprehend instructions provided for navigation and effective use of Genesys policy system, PATS, Berkley Billing system, and the BPMi records systems, Reference Connect and other external site rating bureaus and other system supported tools. Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet established deadlines. Ability to communicate and interface with other departments, insureds and agents in resolving audit related issues.
Meet established production goals while maintaining high levels of quality. Manage work to meet established company service standards.
Maintains good working relationship with lead, manager, associates, agents, and public and contributes to a cooperative work environment.
The RSS Agile Lead Project Manager plays a key role in driving the delivery of software and data solutions by collaborating with the Product Owners to identify business needs and plan the project team’s work. It can be based in Urbandale, Iowa or Irving, Texas. This role is primarily a Sr. IT Project Manager with a specific focus on Agile methodologies. This role will work closely with the development teams and empower members to embrace agile processes and methodologies. In addition to actively managing key development initiatives, the RSS Agile Lead Project Manager role will develop Agile “Best Practices” for overall RSS IT group. In turn, train/mentor application development and data engineering teams, IT resource managers, and IT project managers to effectively leverage the iterative process for IT initiatives across RSS.
- Simultaneously directs and monitors all activities for 1-3 large, and/or high risk, major technology-based projects from initiation to delivery. Projects typically cross platforms, applications, and/or business lines. Understands how and when to escalate issues to higher levels. Analyzes the risks and future impact of decisions. As needed, makes decisions and takes timely, independent action in pursuit of priorities.
- Working knowledge of and experience utilizing a variety of Project Management concepts, principles, practices, procedures, and theories. Thorough understanding of and experience with project management phases, techniques and tools. Thorough understanding and experience with common SDLCs and Project Management Lifecycles. Strong and proven project management skills, including sponsor and risk management.
- Identify scope of needs including minimum viable product (MVP) and work with team to estimate the effort.
- Work with the Product Owner to prepare for quarterly planning sessions.
- Drive the creation of the product vision, goals, and features with the Product Owner and relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Business Analyst, Product Owner and SMEs to elicit requirements and create the product backlog.
- Manage the product backlog and ensure it is in a healthy condition.
- Produce and monitor team/project metrics, and leverage them to improve team performance
- Provide monthly updates for stakeholders and leadership to provide transparency and visibility of products. For example: sprint overview, scorecard.
- Support assigned development and/or data team initiatives through servant leadership to deliver quality solutions.
- Seek out and obtain in-depth product knowledge.
- Facilitate the quarterly planning sessions with the team, and ensure the quarterly plan and roadmap are created.
- Facilitate team cadence meetings including: Refinement, Planning, Daily stand-up, Review, and Retrospective.
- Work across teams to identify and resolve dependencies, risks and impediments.
- Escalate team needs and issues as needed
- Identify and facilitate in-sprint and epic usability session cadence, maintain and prioritize feedback Log, and close the feedback loop with usability participants.
- Work with Leadership/Architecture/UX etc. to proactively develop roadmaps and plans for assigned initiatives
- Work significantly affects multiple teams and functional areas within RSS and the corporation. Project visibility is typically at a corporate company Senior Management and/or a company Senior Management level. Budget Impact: Moderate to High. Timeline: Generally larger than one year or less, and typically 12-24 months. Discrete projects; may be multi-phased effort.
- Projects are typically of high complexity, with occasional projects of moderate or low complexity. Projects involve 1-3 core systems and relevant supporting systems.
- Develop and maintain a set of “Best Practices” for RSS Agile methodologies.
- Promote and mentor RSS Agile methodologies to RSS IT Project Managers, RSS Resource Managers and other IT resources where applicable.
- Contribute towards the development and improvement of the RSS project management methodology, processes, tools and mentoring for the organization.
- Assist RSS IT Project Managers to develop and incorporate RSS Agile methodologies into their current and future projects.
- Provide consistent and comprehensive status reports, project updates, and ongoing cost analyses, significant issue management, and communication with business lines and technology management levels.
- Act as a supplementary Business Analyst resource on assigned projects as needed.
- Fulfill the role of Scrum Master on key initiatives for Agile Application Development and Data related projects as needed.
- Travel required: estimated to be 25% on an annualized basis (travel will be a factor of where the employee is located relative to the sites of RSS and the corporate operating companies engaged in a particular systems initiatives).
Its an exciting time to be joining our team as we continue to invest in our Underwriting team. You'll have strength of a financially sound foundation, opportunity to grow the business as we expand into new verticals and analyze complex exposures. You'll have a voice in shaping our strategy and will have visibility to leaders across USIC and Berkley's regional companies.
As our Senior Commercial Lines Underwriter, you'll be responsible for the management and growth of an assigned book of business and acquisition of new business. You'll evaluate acceptability of individual risks and determine terms, conditions and pricing to achieve company profit objectives. You'll work with agents/brokers to develop productive and profitable relationships and to ensure compliance with company underwriting guidelines. You'll also have the opportunity to coach and mentor less experienced underwriters in the team. You'll work with collaborative team of ten Underwriters who are located in the San Antonio and Dallas offices. We're flexible for this position to be located in Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, Austin, phoenix, Oklahoma City or Albequerque, New Mexico.
What you can expect:
- Internal mobility opportunities – be a key person in our succession plan
- Visibility to senior leaders and partnership with cross functional teams
- Culture of innovation, teamwork, supportive colleagues and leaders willing to invest in talent
- Opportunity to lead change
- Benefits – competitive salary, paid time off, comprehensive wellness benefits and programs, profit sharing, 401k, tuition assistance and education
We'll count on you to:
- Underwrite new business by reviewing the application for acceptability, requesting additional information, if necessary, and accepting or rejecting risks in conformance with company guidelines
- Underwrite within authority set forth by Commercial Lines Vice President and within confines of company's reinsurance treaties and corresponds with agency to collect additional information
- Underwrite renewal business by reviewing insured's file, producing agency's experience, nature and frequency of losses, loss control surveys, motor vehicle reports, and prior carrier loss experience
- Assist Commercial Lines Vice President in development of new products, pricing, or coverage’s needed
- Maintain an established loss ratio
- Meet established production goals and delivers timely service
- Serve as the staff liaison for the assigned line in disseminating line updates and developing staff
- Travel within the assigned territory to facilitate customer development and relationship through agency visitation and prospect calls (limited travel; once a qtr)
- Pursue a program of continuing education by participating in industry sponsored and company sponsored educational courses
- Develops productive and profitable relationships with agents/brokers
The Benefits Specialist will contribute to the organization by executing the duties and tasks required to support Berkley benefits and wellness programs including health insurance and retirement. This also includes operating unit-specific benefit programs. This role will work across the organization to ensure that benefits and programs are effectively and efficiently maintained and supported. The primary responsibilities of the Benefits Specialist include:
• Administering the organization’s benefits programs (e.g., retirement plans, leave policies, wellness programs,
insurance policies, etc.), including external vendors and their programs and services
• Managing the benefits open enrollment, renewal, new hire enrollment and distribution processes
The Benefits Specialistfulfills the primary responsibilities of the role by executing the following duties and tasks:
The Benefits Specialistfulfills the primary responsibilities of the role by executing the following duties and tasks:
•Serves as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators
•Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration
•Document and maintain administrative procedures and policies for assigned benefits processes
•Coordinate daily benefits processing and benefits billing
•Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, complete dependent verification, auditing qualifying life event changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims. Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records
•Perform plan audits. Prepare, collect and organize data for actuarial assessments
•Provide customer service support to internal and external customers using Health Advocate as the primary point of contact
•Maintain and distribute communications and materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions
•Provide basic benefits training and support to Berkley HR
•Administer leaves of absence. Review leave reports to determine any actions required (payroll log, follow up with employees, etc.) and provide support/assistance to employees through the leave process
•Answer questions that Health Advocate needs to refer back to Berkley•Collaborate on benefits-related tasks and leaves with Berkley HR as necessary
•Proactively identify areas for process improvement, innovation and opportunities for efficiency and synergy
•Filing Workers Compensation First Notice of Injury, receive ACBI reports, and coordinate payroll adjustments
•Additional duties as assigned
Berkley Fire & Marine has a great opportunity to start your career as an Inland Marine Assistant Underwriter. You will work closely with experienced local and regional underwriters and management learning all aspects of inland marine insurance underwriting and contributing to building a profitable portfolio of business while gaining a substantive understanding of the roles and responsibilities of inland marine underwriting. This is a great opportunity to grow and develop your career.
Key job functions over the next 1-5 years will include:
• Learning inland marine coverages and forms;
• Demonstration of functional knowledge of underwriting, producer relationships and market management;
• understanding our approach to managing our relationships with clients and producers;
• exhibit proficiency in our marketing/sales methodologies; and
• Developing a functional understanding of inland marine insurance.
The successful candidate will provide technical support to underwriting staff, participate in various underwriting and educational activities, and be responsible for:
• Aiding in building superior distribution partnerships with agents and brokers;
• Analyzing applications, determining acceptability of risk in accordance with Company guidelines and practices in order to assist underwriting with the appropriate underwriting decisions;
• Analyzing quality, quantity, and profitability of risks underwritten and preparing reports for underwriting and management review;
• Assisting in the management of the Inland Marine and Property business to achieve the goals and objectives established. Ensuring continued profitable growth;
• Execute special projects in pursuit of enhanced operational excellence, delivery of valuable external marketing materials, and portfolio analysis reporting;
• Self-study in pursuit of appropriate designations as defined by management;
• Assisting with product development in creation of innovative products and service to introduce to the market;
• Interact with the marketplace through frequent attendance of regional client and producer meetings.
The AVP-Business Development is expected to create and perpetuate business opportunities through the management and growth of a national distribution network of agency & broker partners with defined Agribusiness and Food practice groups. This individual must have extensive experience in the insurance marketplace in addition to exuding strong leadership and underwriting acumen to effectively vet production opportunities. Additionally, the candidate must have successfully demonstrated the acumen to network with C-suite and executive leadership to establish strategic partnerships.
- Strategically expands market access in the niche markets of Commercial Agribusiness and Food. Implements and monitors an effective agency management system that supports the company’s profit and production objectives. Facilitate profitable business growth by building strong professional working relationships with business partners in key decision-making roles.
- Analyzes competitive marketing data, market and industry research, loss ratios, mix of business, policy count, premium growth, hit ratios and business retention to identify territorial and agency needs. Develops and implements action plans that align with company growth and profitability strategies. Recognizes opportunities to penetrate new markets. Takes advantage of all critical opportunities to increase market share.
- Performs due diligence on potential new domestic and international markets including developing definition, entry strategy, identifying scope and capital costs.
- Leads and influences agencies through creation and execution of sales strategies that drive new sales, profit and retention. Identifies new distribution opportunities and recommends agency appointments, while increasing relevancy in existing agencies.
- Develops, implements and manages an agency appointment and onboarding process that results in quality representation of the company. Ensures that business partners are familiar with the company’s initiatives, products, policies, procedures and services. Develops and tracks metrics and success criteria for all sales/marketing programs and activities holding business partners accountable to profitability, production and volume commitments. Ensures the Company follows through on commitments to business partners.
- Exemplifies collaboration, teamwork and unified goals when working with peer leaders in Underwriting, Risk Services and Claims to secure resources, vetting out business opportunities, securing accounts and delivering on value proposition of service. Leverages relationships with other W. R. Berkley Corporation companies to capitalize on business opportunities and efficiencies.
The Claims Supervisor reports to the Claims Director and will have supervisory responsibility for 2 General Liability Claims Representatives while managing his/her own pending litigation claims. S/he will assist the Director in team oversight and with meeting/exceeding claims metrics, unit process improvement and innovation. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing new losses and assigning to the appropriate claim professional based on loss complexity and severity.
- Maintaining a diary on all open claims that are handled by assigned claim staff to ensure reserve accuracy and adherence to claim guidelines.
- Providing technical direction and training to assigned claim staff to elevate their knowledge and claim handling ability.
- Maintaining a portfolio of self-handled Litigation/Non-litigated claims inventory.
- Assisting with any day-to-day direction and feedback to service providers to achieve the best outcomes.
- Conducting claim file audit reviews to ensure compliance with Claim Guidelines and service goals.
- Working with MCU Claim Director on any projects and assignments focused on improving efficiency, results, quality, and customer service.
- Reviewing management reports to identify trends that may require further improvement initiatives.
- Ensuring conformance to applicable laws and regulations while maintaining a high level of service.
- Filling in for MCU Claim Director when needed.
Provides support to Berkley Aspire employees and IT environment, including maintaining and supporting all hardware and applications utilized by Aspire.
- Provides support for all hardware/applications including telephony and mobile devices.
- Provides excellent onsite and remote customer service.
- Coordinates resolution of incidents/requests from beginning to end with internal and external resources.
- Monitors and supports systems.
- Maintains and supports user access.
- Facilitates software package rollouts and maintenance.
- Collaborates with all Information Technology (IT) disciplines.
- Works to achieve first-touch resolution with all issues.
- Maintains documentation of requests per Aspire’s standards.
- Maintains and updates knowledge base documentation with most relevant information.
This administrative position supports the finance depart when it comes to monthly and quarterly timelines to meet the expectation of corporate for all financial matters associated with Berkley Select.
Maintain accounts receivable systems and sub-ledgers.
Process cash receipts, Electronic Funds Transfers and Credit Card Receipts on a daily basis.
Provide timely follow up on outstanding items to obtain payment.
Primary contact for internal/external customers.
Prepare various account reconciliations as assigned.
Process work-papers and journal entries to support month end financials as assigned.
Process account current/aging reports
Act as primary backup to the accounts payable function for vacation, sick time or as otherwise needed.
Provide assistance with filing, data entry and reporting as needed
Complete special projects as assigned.
The Senior Underwriter will work in a team setting generating, underwriting and analyzing accounts for development of new and renewal Professional Lines business.
- Compliance with underwriting documentation rules and guidelines.
- Maintain an acceptable underwriting profit.
- Adherence to Admiral underwriting guidelines and referral compliance.
- Development and maintenance of key broker/agent relationships.
- Participates in all internal company training and continuing education.
- Remains current on product releases as it pertains to professional lines of business.
- Leads strategic marketing calls to key brokers (up to 25%).
- Management and development of business and broker relationships new to the organization.
- Stay abreast and knowledgeable on market trends in terms of forms, coverage and appetite to maintain competitiveness.
- Active mentorship and training of Associate Underwriters and Underwriters.
- Act as a referral authority for Associate Underwriters and Underwriters.
Entry Level role that offers the opportunity to work within a team and provide support to adjusters and related team members while developing the skills and knowledge necessary to investigate and resolve high frequency, low severity Worker's Compensation claims in a prompt, equitable manner via investigation.
- Answers calls received from the Customer Experience Center and assists caller or directs call to appropriate claims staff. May assists agents, policyholder and claimants with questions related to claims handled by others on the line-of-business team.
- Learns and becomes adept at examining policies, contracts and claim forms to determine coverage for routine matters. Investigates loss, evaluates exposures, and establishes accurate reserves on high frequency, low severity commercial claims within established authority level. Denies or negotiates and settles claim. Correctly enters claim data into claim and related systems for reporting purposes. Re-evaluates exposures and reserves during life of the claim.
- Reviews new losses received by Claims Department to determine type and level of loss. Makes initial contact with insureds and/or claimants to obtain additional information related to the claim if necessary. May assign claims to Claims staff based on analysis of exposure.
- Reviews data and creates Excel spreadsheets to assist management with expenses, portal and goal management.
- Based on the needs of the business unit, performs administrative support functions that may include preparing routine correspondence, processing payments, completing routine forms for submission to State and National regulatory agencies and testing production system releases.
Under minimal direction, responsible for underwriting risks in a book of business. Independently works within specific limits of authority on assignments utilizing underwriting policies and guidelines, rating manual rules and insurance laws and regulations.
- Skill and knowledge of broker/agency management and relationship building.
- Track record of uncovering, researching and putting together new product line opportunities.
- Ability to work effectively and within an assigned level of underwriting authority.
- Experience planning, orchestrating, and leading highly effective broker meetings.
- Ability to meet or exceed designated LOB production metrics.
- Strong technical knowledge regarding underwriting, coverage and pricing within a particular product line.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong productive relationships with individual brokers.
- Provide timely, courteous and efficient service to all internal and external clients.
- Ability to identify and call appropriate attention to broker performance issues.
- Understanding of pricing and risk selection criteria with supporting analysis.
- Capable of responding to underwriting referral from underwriters with lesser authority as assigned.
- Execute a minimum of 7 trips per year visiting Brokers and building relationships.
- Understanding of pricing and risk selection criteria, including the ability to underwrite larger and more complex risks within assigned product line.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Contribute to the expansion of our core products into new states, the development of new products and the introduction of product changes.
Under minimum to no supervision:
- Support the product development life cycle from forms drafting, to filing and responding to objections, through implementation and post launch review.
- Utilize resources effectively to draft policy forms (i.e. coverage forms, policyholder notices, selection forms, etc.) ensuring they meet desired intent, regulatory requirements, and customer needs and expectations.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organization to ensure alignment across forms, rates, rules and the system
- Prepare form filing documents and checklists.
- Maintain documentation related to Berkley One’s products including forms lists, reference materials, legal workbooks and other documents.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for form related questions providing guidance to business analysts, developers, etc. and participating in forms testing.
- Engage colleagues in coverage review discussions, working with the team to introduce coverage form changes that result.
- Other work and projects as assigned.
The Risk Management Consultant provides loss control consultative support to our branches, agents, and policyholders. This would include providing loss control services to our policyholders.
- Provides high quality, cost effective service to our customers which consistently meets or exceeds their expectations, and assists them in minimizing their losses.
- Technical consultant to underwriters in risk selection and renewal decisions
- Provides timely, professional reports and consultative support to our underwriters and other functions, as may be needed to assist in superior risk selection, pricing and retention of profitable business.
- Assist in the development of innovative, distinctive and cost effective service methods and tools to identify and quantify risk, and reduce losses.
- Help maintain targeted loss control files as required by statutory requirements.
- Researches and compiles technical document information as needed to provide consultative services to our customers.
- Distributes loss control technical bulletins as directed by Home Office Loss Control Management.
Develops regional and local Business Strategic, Tactical and Operational plans. Executes Action Plans leading to the accomplishment of Company goals. Develops deep agency relationships and represents the Company locally, regionally and on a national basis. Partners with Sr. Management of the Company and Regional Companies as required to drive both growth and profitability. Participate in the development of Marine and Property strategic and tactical plans based on company plans, technological advances, and corporate plans. Will work within limits of authority requiring the highest degree of technical complexity and coordination. Focus will be on complex property, marine risks and programs that will drive profitable growth.
- Builds superior distribution partnerships with agents and brokers. Develops and implements sales plans to leverage profitable business growth.
- Analyzes applications, determines acceptability of risk in accordance with Company guidelines and practices in order to make the appropriate underwriting decisions.
Applies underwriting guidelines and appetite to risk selection and pricing.
Keeps current on state/territory issues and regulations, industry activity and trends and freely shares information with others.
Negotiates with agents to reach positive and profitable outcomes.
Develops a diverse book of business consisting of varied inland marine and property classes of business, risk size and complexity.
Analyzes quality, quantity, and profitability of risks underwritten and prepares reports for management review.
Assists in the management of the Inland Marine and Property business to achieve the goals and objectives established. Ensures continued profitable growth.
May provide guidance and assistance to other underwriters and to other functional areas, particularly when related to cross-sell opportunities.
Collaborates with management on risks exceeding authority level or requiring special handling. Provides assistance to underwriters requiring referrals due to the authority levels.
Evaluates underwriting performance based on financial analysis. Includes rate, reserve adequacy, operational execution, planning and product reviews.
Collaborates with Regional Companies in developing regional inland marine and property business plans.
Assists with product development in creation of innovative products and service to introduce to the market.
Collaborates with business partners in Risk Control, Actuarial, Finance and Claims to driver profitable results and develops program opportunities.
Demonstrates the WRBC Core Competencies and Innovation Behaviors while performing the Essential Duties and Responsibilities.