What you will do:
- Claims Exposure
- Accurately evaluate WC claims for exposure and establish appropriate reserves.
- Coordinate WC claim evaluation, loss mitigation and settlement activities by partnering with MEC Medical Management Consultants and Claims Attorneys.
- Identifying and achieving claim settlement agreements, and obtaining appropriate authority to settle claims.
- Recommending, establishing and modifying case reserves timely and within proper authority levels.
- Maintaining properly documented files with an effective and current diary system on all assigned claims.
- Relationship management
- Influence TPA adjusters to utilize MEC recommended claim handling strategies.
- Plan and conduct on-sight Third Party Administrators (TPAs) visits to promote loss mitigation, vendor utilization and settlements on a portfolio of claims.
- Communicate frequently and effectively to internal and external contacts using both verbal and written communication skills.
- Identifying and obtaining appropriate MEC vendor referrals.
- Process Improvement
- Support growth and retention of business through consultation and collaboration with Regional Team colleagues.
- Analyze issues and barriers, find solutions and effectively implement solutions.
Clinical Risk Manager I Job Summary:
This position, reporting to our Director, Clinical Risk Management, affords a seasoned Registered Nurse, the ability to use his/her knowledge and experience in a unique and rewarding manner.
Clinical Risk Managers provide consulting services for internal and external clients and their delegated entities. Clinical Risk Managers promote a thorough understanding of current and anticipated clinical needs and expected claims costs while facilitating the use of unique solutions to insure optimal care and claims outcomes. Clinical Risk Managers are not Case Managers and do not interact directly with patients. Our Clinical Risk Managers play an integral role in support of Berkley's vision to be recognized as the industry leader in risk management service. Clinical Risk Managers assure optimal clinical outcomes are obtained at a cost commensurate with the level of medical services rendered while also promoting client satisfaction and retention.
Clinical Risk Manager I Essential Responsibilities/Duties include:
- Adopt BAH core competencies in personal work behaviors, decision-making, contributions and interpersonal interactions. Develop positive working relationships with our Clinical Risk Management team members, other BAH employees and external clients to further BAH's mission.
- Responsible for review of case management reports, notices and verbal communications with TPAs to identify opportunities for collaboration and cost savings.
- Research clinical conditions and provide elementary analytical review of the medical and/or pharmacy data to begin to formulate the history of events.
- Document and effectively communicate claim projections and rationale to stop loss underwriters
- Build strong relationships with internal (UWs, Claims, Account Managers) and external clients (TPAs, external CMs) through individual credibility. Acquire business acumen to communicate risk factors, identify and collaboratively resolve complex inquiries and develop recommendations for continuous improvement and alignment with overall BAH risk strategy.
- Develop the ability to accurately analyze transplant contracts, recommend best option, facilitate execution of third party transplant Center of Excellence Access Agreement(s) and assure timely referral.
- Clinical Risk and Medical cost management of high dollar claimant treatment throughout the life cycle of the policy. Work with internal as well as external stakeholders to produce an effective clinical and financial outcome.
- Develop the ability to identify and estimate financial reserve recommendations.
- Demonstrate a solid work ethic and maintain a positive attitude.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
The Clinical Risk Analyst (CRA) role is an integral part of our Clinical Risk Management team. Our CRAs provide organized, timely, and effective management of all notifications for Berkley Accident and Health's (BAH) Employer Stop Loss (Direct and Captive) and Managed Care business lines. Our CRAs support Berkley Accident and Health's vision of being recognized as an industry leader in risk management services.
Clinical Risk Analyst I Essential Responsibilities:
- Adopts BAH core competencies in personal work behaviors, decision-making, contributions, and interpersonal interactions.
- Develops relationships with our Clinical Risk Management team members, other BAH employees and external clients to further BAH's mission.
- Facilitates timely and accurate intake, screening, triaging, tracking and maintenance of all potential claim notifications and associated reports/documentation.
- Assists in maintaining accurate database tracking and reporting.
- Demonstrates a solid work ethic and maintain a positive attitude.
- Develops compliance with all company and department policies and procedures, quality assurance programs and service level agreement standards.
- Works with other team members to coordinate the management of shared e-mail box (es).
- Provides excellent customer service / communications by responding in a timely and appropriate manner to all internal and external customers.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full-time Underwriting Associate in our Hamilton Square, NJ office.
Underwriting Associate essential duties include:
- Set up folders in our shared drive for all information received for new submissions
- Run census in Excel spreadsheet for each submission
- Log submission in David Young system including benefits, reinsurance terms, and census
- Communicate between Sales Reps and Underwriters to ensure all information is complete and accurate
The Underwriting Manager is a seasoned underwriting professional who has the years of experience and knowledge to exercise independent judgment to arrive at assigned sales and profitability targets. In this role, you will collaborate with Regional Sales Managers to efficiently quote, negotiate, and sell target business with assigned producers. Berkley Underwriting Managers are expected to conduct both financial and clinical analysis and develop contingencies as require.
Stop Loss Underwriting Manager Essential duties include:
- Assess daily workflow and determine daily priorities working with a team of Regional Sales Managers to ensure deadlines are met
- Travel with Regional Sales managers to meet with producers
- Collaborate with Regional Sales Managers to achieve assigned financial targets
- Composes, prepares, and generates correspondence, proposals, and reports as needed or required
- Conduct clinical risk evaluations utilizing available resources
- Have the ability to analyze risk and make pricing recommendations
- Evaluate and propose pricing on Stop Loss business within stated authority limits
- Review Applications, Policies, Plan Documents/Amendments, and proposal contingencies ensuring that they are complete, accurate, and in accordance with the sold case terms
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full time Underwriter for its Managed Care segment. This position will solicit, write and retain a profitable book of Managed Care/Reinsurance business. Requiring extensive underwriting analysis and sound judgment, this role will be responsible for contributing to the achievement of Berkley Accident & Health’s financial plans by meeting established premium growth and profitability goals.
Managed Care Underwriter Essential duties include:
- Assess risk to ensure that the risk meets established underwriting criteria
- Evaluate, price and propose rates based on established underwriting guidelines while meeting profitability standards set by Management.
- Manage assigned workload to meet productivity and time service standards.
- Maintain quote logs and ensure that appropriate action is taken within the requested due date.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with target sources.
Conduct a review of all Managed Care claims processed by our contracted vendor. This role will require communication with that vendor as appropriate, as well as any internal Berkley staff involved in the administration of the Managed Care segment.
- Review claims payment results performed by contracted vendor on all Provider Excess and HMO Reinsurance business and provide policy documentation, disclosure, risk matrixes and DOFRS to them upon request and within approved authority limits.
- Communicate with contracted vendor as appropriate and respond to client and broker inquiries, as necessary.
- Elevates issues to next level of supervision, as appropriate.
- Manage workload to meet time service standards.
- Exhibit good organizational, oral communication and interpersonal skills while working with internal and external customers.
- Document outcome of claim reviews in the shared drive, as appropriate.
- Utilize knowledge of regulatory/statutory guidelines including but not limited to, HIPPA, privacy, Affordable Care Act, etc., as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manage the BAH Claims mailbox which includes:
- Setup and data entry of all new claim submissions
- Forwarding and filing all aggregate reports and notices to appropriate parties
- Responding to claim status requests as needed
- File set up and saving of claim submissions on internal hard drives
- Perform daily check runs for the Finance department
- Monthly retrieval of FTP claims reports for review and logging into DYS
- Respond to Claim Analyst requests and correction queries
- Handle claims received from internal David Young Exchange Center
- Handling of Managed Care claims which includes:
- Logging data on internal spreadsheet
- Uploading & Downloading to a third party for processing & handling
- Mailing completed reports and checks
- Prescreen Initial claim submissions for specific missing information and communicate to claims administrator
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full time Stop Loss Underwriter for our Group Captive division. This position will write and retain profitable accounts that require underwriting experience, with an analytic approach to spread risk. This role will contribute to the achievement of Berkley’s financial plans by meeting premium growth and profitability of assigned book of business.
Stop Loss Underwriter, Captives Segment – Essential duties include:
• Underwrites and proposes financial structure on accounts from 50 – 400 employees within delegated authorities that are specific to position.
• Responsible for constant analysis and development of underwriting and business guidelines
• Develops and maintains successful relationships with target sources and assigned programs
• Responsible for ensuring profitability at both the single employer and group captive level
• Manages an assigned volume of case and program activity for both new and renewal policies
• Works with Supervisor and Actuary to revise and develop group captive tools to improve efficiencies in underwriting process.
• Communicates effectively with various team members within Captive Division
The Underwriting Leader is a seasoned medical stop loss underwriting professional who has the years of experience and knowledge to manage a staff of underwriters, as well as exercise sound judgment to achieve appropriate risk adjusted rates of return. In this role you will be a member of the Captives Executive Team; you will collaborate with Captives SVP, Distribution, and Program teams to efficiently manage the quote, negotiation and underwriting activity for our various medical stop loss group captive programs. The role requires the ability to manage a staff of underwriters including workload assignments, personnel and performance reviews, training, and overall strategic guidance. Leader is expected to analyze both financial and clinical risk contingencies, understand the unique risk management initiatives within each programs, and develop rating strategies accordingly.
Captives Underwriting Leader Essential Duties include:
• Collaborate with Senior VP to achieve product financial targets, produce department KPIs, and participate in overall product strategic development.
• Work with Business Development team to ensure deadlines are met.
• Travel with Business Development and Program Management teams to meet with producers and program members.
• Oversee the activity assignments and workload balance of staff of UWs
• Assume an actual assigned workload as appropriate
• Support staff on challenging risk evaluations, service situations, and during periods of high activity
• Ensure staff is properly composing, preparing, and generating correspondence, proposals, and other reports as needed or required.
• Ensure staff is conducting clinical risk evaluations utilizing available resources.
• Make pricing recommendations that will lead to acceptable risk adjusted returns.
• Evaluate and propose pricing on Stop Loss business within stated authority limits.
• Oversee the review of Applications, Policies, Plan Documents/Amendments, and Proposal Contingencies ensuring that they are complete, accurate and in accordance with the sold case terms.
• Ensure that staff is digging in on all data points and analyzing all submitted data from production source.
• Prepare detailed referral recommendations beyond authority limits to SVP that include historical and proposed ESL terms, clinical diagnosis, and paid claims to properly evaluate risk with recommendations on rates, lasers and other contingencies.
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of terms and conditions relative to each EmCap program.
Support the business in the support of existing and development of new software applications, websites, databases, data warehouse and reports which align with the business goals and objectives; oversee testing and resolve software defects; investigate and reconcile system and workflow problems; assist in the design, engineering, implementation and support of information systems.
- Support and continually improve the functionality of our internally focused Business Operations System using C#, .NET and SQL Server.
- Support and continually improve the functionality to our externally focused on-line quoting platform GeminiExpress using C#, .NET and SQL Server.
- Assist in the design, engineering and implantation of a new company website.
- Develop, test, implement and maintain business software applications, websites, databases, data warehouse and reports.
- Leverage advanced front end application and back end database construction skills to ensure the end to end operation and integrity of the application
- Utilize advanced database skills (Stored Procs, triggers, inner/outer joins, Data Modeling, etc.)
- Coordinate with business users to gather requirements, identify system problems and enhancements
- Analyze existing workflow and processes for efficiency; recommend and implement needed changes
- Provide project status reports as requested
- Assist in supporting existing applications
The Vice President of Human Resources (VP HR) reports to the operating unit President(s) and has overall responsibility for developing and executing the human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the operating unit(s), including but not limited to succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, and training and development.The VP HR acts as a trusted partner to the leadership team(s) of assigned operating unit(s) and is the key liaison and partner with Group HR to contribute to operating unit strategies and initiatives as they relate to talent.
The VP HR fulfills the primary responsibilities of the role by executing the following duties and tasks:
- Develop and implement strategies including but not limited to talent acquisition and development, succession planning, workforce planning which align to current and future business and talent needs of the operating unit(s)
- Champion company culture and employee engagement, ensuring leaders and employees are demonstrating and accountable to WRBC core values and culture is integrated into all facets of employee life cycle (onboarding, performance management, recognition)
- Work closely with the company Presidents to ensure people strategies are consistent with and supporting the mission and vision of their organization
- Contribute to annual business planning and budget processes of operating unit(s)
- Act as primary resource to communicate HR strategies and initiatives. Also provide guidance on communication strategy for specific operating units
- Partner with the VP of Talent & Training to capture feedback on talent needs and business goals, ensuring fast and effective hiring to support new growth and backfill hiring and employee retention and development
- Partner collaboratively with business leaders and VP of Talent & Training to ensure alignment of key talent strategies across the enterprise including but not limited to development planning, professional skills development, creation of Employee development Toolkits
- Work with leadership team to establish compensation strategy for their units; provide guidance regarding execution of strategy, including the merit and bonus processes
- Proactively identify and address areas of need within the organization as it relates to human capital, providing recommendations regarding solutions and assisting leaders in executing
- Oversee and provide recommendations about the performance management process as it relates to employee development, employee separation and termination and employee discipline
- Manage employee relations issues, conduct investigations and make decisions and provide guidance as appropriate
- Communicate with WRBC Corporate HR and Legal as needed to get assistance in complex employee relations matters;
- Partner and collaborate with Group HR to deliver timely and world class service that meet current and future local business needs
- Collaborate with Group HR and the business units to set KPI’s. Develop and implement strategy. Measure effectiveness.
- Collaborate with other VP HR and others in the HR function to share ideas, resources, best practices, challenges
- Oversee administration and communication of ADA process as needed
- Proactively identify areas across operating units for process improvements, innovation, opportunities for efficiency and synergies
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensure organization’s compliance
- Manage organizational change to ensure that the change objectives are realized and the changes embedded in the culture as planned to increase employee satisfaction and productivity
- Leverage data and statistics to support or recommend business strategies
- Manage HR-related budgets in collaboration with CFO and HR Generalist including compensation and benefits costs
- Mentor and lead HR Generalist to effectively support business strategy, execute on various HR functions and develop HR skills and competencies
- Additional duties as assigned
Support designated underwriters and their agents with lower risk transactions including but not limited to new business, inspections, endorsements, renewals and audits.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review and Underwrite new business submissions for acceptability according to authority granted. Review and underwrite fast track and non fast track renewals as needed, based upon authority granted, achieving renewal premium retention and rate change objectives.
- Make sound risk and pricing decisions that achieve profitable loss ratios.
- Maintain underwriting quality score of 90% or greater. Document underwriting file to support acceptability and pricing in accordance with company guidelines.
- Achieve designated customer service standards.
- Provide detailed issuance instructions to ensure policy is delivered consistent with quoted terms and conditions and in accordance with established guidelines relative to policy construction.
- Review mid-term endorsement requests for acceptability up to the authority granted.
- Review inspections to confirm accounts written are consistent with preliminary underwriting information and refer to underwriter when the inspection reveals
- unacceptable risk characteristics.
- Utilize various underwriting tools to determine acceptable risk characteristics, accurate classifications, insurance to value, calculate rates, etc.
- Review audits and refer to underwriter based upon authority granted.
- Provide back up support to your assigned Territory Managers and the Underwriting team.
Director of Project Management
The W.R. Berkley Corporation (WRBC) Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) led by the Chief Project Officer (CPO) is responsible to execute operations improvement, business integration, and corporate transformation initiatives that span multiple WRBC entities. The Director of Project Management role reports to the CPO and requires working closely with teams of cross functional business partners, finance senior management and key technical teams across the organization to launch business programs and lead the teams through successful delivery.
The position will directly manage project management and execution teams, comprised of both internal and external business and IT partners in support of the delivery of large, mission critical EPMO-led initiatives. The role will also invest significant time in the continuing effort to mature the processes of solution delivery, reporting, and business relationship management that are necessary for enabling repeatable success and drive the adoption and implementation of global standards and processes. Additionally, the Director of Project Management is responsible for performing strategic business analyses, and acting as a liaison between the CPO and his reports.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for identifying, documenting, and following up on key management issues, factors blocking/delaying decisions, and driving closure or creatively finding solutions to ensure overall productivity of the project teams.
- Develop communication materials and presentations for senior level leadership, including C-Suite stakeholders, and other key stakeholders as required.
- Manage tasks and responsibilities associated with the planning, directing, coordination, and support of specific high impact projects/initiatives that support the overall strategic plan of the business (from initiation through delivery).
- Support critical relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Define and enforce broad, companywide standards for the way new initiatives are scoped, designed and put into production.
- Apply expert knowledge of core technology and/or functional areas to coordinate program design and launch within schedule, scope, budget, and quality constraints.
- Report statuses and manage communications and escalations related to all EPMO-led initiatives.
- Mature the project and program management methodologies necessary for effective solution delivery.
- Develop and empower EPMO staff with the skills and abilities necessary to lead high‐performing teams and provide thought‐leadership to the business in their issue areas within the EPMO.
- Communicate the successes of the EPMO at strategic intervals in order to win credibility and further influence the adoption of standards.
- Facilitate senior management meetings and committees, including managing agendas, and the collection, compilation and distribution of management materials as needed.
- Provide leadership, direction, and assistance in direct support of the CPO and other executive team members, as needed. Partner with various players and stakeholders across WRBC to develop recommendations to advise WRBC management on high priority, high impact decisions.
Berkley Cyber Risk Solutions (BCRS), a Berkley Company, is seeking an experienced AVP - Financial Analyst to join its team of highly experienced and successful professionals with decades of experience in designing cyber insurance solutions. This role is responsible for providing support to all functions within the operating company and works in conjunction with senior management, general counsel, underwriting, finance, claims, corporate home office, and Berkley Technology Services (BTS). The AVP –Financial Analyst will be responsible for establishing and implementing an operational framework within the organization, helping lead the implementation of new policy administration and claim management systems, working with the various areas to define and enhance operational workflows, and completing a variety of monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc deliverables.
- Provide world class operational support to the various functional areas within the BCRS organization, including but not limited to underwriting, claims, general counsel, and finance.
- Prepare, analyze, and present monthly and quarterly operational and financial analyses and internal scorecards to ensure internal stakeholders have the appropriate information at the right level of detail to support their decision making processes.
- Partner with functional areas to define, document, and continuously improve their respective operational processes and workflows.
- Identify, recommend, and implement technology-based solutions to improve productivity and controls and reduce reliance on manual workflows.
- Continuously challenge existing process and systems for relevance and opportunities to more effectively meet established business objectives.
- Serve as a lead resource in the implementation of electronic policy administration and claim management systems, including:
- Identifying, documenting, and communicating functional business requirements;
- Acting as a liaison between the functional area subject matter experts and IT;
- Providing project status updates;
- Performing a significant portion of the end user testing; and,
- Participating in the development and delivery of end user training.
- Act as the key resource for overseeing the Morristown office that is shared by a number of Berkley companies, including but not limited to:
- Working with the property managers on building-related matters;
- Jointly supervising administrative staff;
- Ensuring the office is adequately serviced and stocked with the proper inventory and quantity of supplies;
- Helping manage facility related agreements such as shredding contracts, etc.; and,
- Overseeing certain facilities lease-related matters.
- Function as the lead Producer Management resource by:
- Reviewing activity and underwriting performance by broker;
- Preparing producer production and compensation analyses and providing timely and insightful analysis thereon to underwriting, finance and senior management;
- Supporting the collection and reconciliation of outstanding premiums receivable balances; and,
- Working with the Chief Underwriting Officer and General Counsel, as needed, on producer appointment and termination related matters.
- Manage intercompany and external reinsurance agreements through:
- Preparing monthly and quarter reinsurance bordereau statements for sister companies and external reinsurers;
- Submitting accurate quarterly bordereau statements and associated payments to treaty reinsurers according to the contractually established schedules;
- Ensuring all premiums and claims are reported accurately and timely under the applicable reinsurance treaties;
- Maintaining proper documentation, work papers, and files to support reinsurance transactions;
- Ensuring the accuracy of reinsurance results reported in the PeopleSoft general ledger; and,
- Helping responding to ad-hoc information requests, reinsurance audits, data calls, and the like.
- Oversee operational support for new employees including computer, software, and telephone procurement and set up.
- Respond to ad-hoc data requests and inquiries as the need arises.
- Provide ongoing project, large scale initiative, and day to day support to all of the BCRS functional areas, as needed.
The Administrative Services Clerk performs a variety of office support functions and may specialize in one area of office services.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming mail
- Identify and distribute specialty mail on a priority basis daily
- Print and sort checks, prepare for mailing
- Data entry
- Monitor and handle incoming faxes
- Prepare and scan claim documents
- Prepare and enter claim reports
- Provide backup coverage & assistance within the department
Providing excellent product support to a range of parties involved;
Developing applications in all areas of the Software Development Life Cycle;
Reviewing current systems;
Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals;
Working closely with analysts, designers and staff;
Producing detailed specifications and writing programs;
Conducting unit testing code in controlled, real situations before going live;
Preparing training manuals for users; and
Maintaining systems once they are up and running.
Must have a Master's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field plus three (3) years of experience in the job offered or in a related occupation. In lieu of Master's Degree plus three (3) years of experience, the employer will accept a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field plus five (5) years of experience in the job offered or in a related occupation.
Experience must include:
3-5 years of experience (depending on degree) with Java/J2EE development and applications;
3-5 years of experience (depending on degree) with development frameworks including Spring, JPA;
3-5 years of experience (depending on degree) with SOAP & REST;
3-5 years of experience (depending on degree) with SQL server database;
2 years of experience with IBM Websphere;
2 years of experience with Windows batch scripting and Linux/Unix Shell scripting;
2 years of experience with DB2 relational database, including data modeling, stored procedures, functions and triggers;
2 years of experience in the insurance industry; and
2 years of experience mentoring less-experienced developers.
Drug and Background Screening required.
Devising functional design specifications that cover the full scope of the development cycle;
Understanding and contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle;
Handling Requirement gathering, collection, producing full, clear and high standard documentation of the scope of the project assigned, while coordinating with business users to ensure the completion of a clear, concise final product;
Analyzing and understanding of the business operations and system requirements for the execution of implementation and providing analytical support as needed;
Creating, executing, and maintaining accurate and detailed test plans (unit, function, integration, and regression) for all enhancement and new developments;
Supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and presenting these for business review;
Working with developers, vendors and business users to configure a system platform to meet the design specifications; and
Designing and creating analysis reports using SQL for any business needs.
Must have a Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field plus three (3) years of experience in the job offered or related occupation. In lieu of Master's Degree plus three (3) years of experience, the employer will accept a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field plus five (5) years of experience in the job offered or related occupation. In lieu of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, the employer will accept a three (3) year foreign Bachelor of Science diploma.
Experience must include:
3-5 years of experience (depending on degree) with producing business, functional and non-functional requirements, business rules, researching enterprise wide collaboration and secured repository solutions and designing and developing use cases and performing regression testing;
3-5 years of experience (depending on degree) in database queries using MS SQL Server and IBM DB2 and related tools;
3-5 years of experience (depending on degree) with requirements creation and validation of related artifacts with business users and vendors utilizing Confluence and GitHub;
3-5 years of experience (depending on degree) with project management in JIRA; and
3-5 years of experience (depending on degree) with FileZilla to connect to UNIX servers for FTP/SFTP to capture server logs for troubleshooting issues.
Drug and Background Screening required.
W.R. Berkley is seeking a well-rounded corporate attorney to join its multi-faceted corporate legal group. The successful candidate will be a business-savvy attorney with experience negotiating and structuring a variety of vendor contracts and other commercial agreements, with a particular focus on agreements for the use and supply of information technology goods and services. The candidate should be familiar with U.S. and foreign laws and regulations governing data privacy and information security (including those specifically applicable to companies in the insurance or financial services business). The ideal candidate should also be flexible and able to take on matters involving a wide range of business relationships as needed.
Some of the key points which make this opportunity attractive:
- While working directly with W. R. Berkley’s General Counsel, Chief Privacy Officer and information technology/information security team, you will be surrounded by one of the most sophisticated teams of business executives, lawyers and compliance professionals in the country.
- Work for a company whose leaders pride themselves on integrity, the culture for their employees and a reputation of relationships built on trust and respect with customers and government regulators.
- The Corporate Counsel – Information Technology and Data Privacy will be responsible for reviewing, negotiating and structuring a wide range of vendor and agency agreements and other commercial contracts, with a particular focus on agreements for the provision of information technology goods and services.
- Works closely with colleagues in the Legal Department, the Chief Privacy Officer, procurement and information technology/information security executives to craft contract structures and provisions that advance the company’s interests, effectively mitigate business and legal risk and satisfy applicable laws and regulations.
- Advises on continually changing U.S. and international legal requirements in the information security and data privacy field, and assists with constructing necessary compliance procedures with respect to such requirements.
- Conversant in basic information technology structures, platforms and developments, and understands the risks and legal considerations that they implicate.
- Oversees outside counsel as necessary to supplement internal resources effectively and efficiently.
- Provides counsel to senior leadership of U.S. and international business operating units and information technology executives regarding a varied corporate legal portfolio.
Evaluates acceptability of individual risks and determines terms, conditions and pricing to achieve company profit and growth objectives. Works with agents/brokers to develop productive and profitable relationships and to ensure compliance with company underwriting guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Underwrites new business by reviewing the application for acceptability, requesting additional information, if necessary, and accepting or rejecting risks in conformance with company guidelines.
- Underwrites within authority set forth by Commercial Lines Vice President and within confines of company's reinsurance treaties and corresponds with agency to collect additional information.
- Underwrites renewal business by reviewing insured's file, producing agency's experience, nature and frequency of losses, loss control surveys, motor vehicle reports, and prior carrier loss experience.
- Assists Commercial Lines Vice President in development of new products, pricing, or coverage's needed.
- Develops productive and profitable relationships with agents.
- Maintains an established loss ratio.
- Meets established production goals and delivers timely service.
- Serves as the staff liaison for the assigned line in disseminating line updates and developing staff.
- Travels within the assigned territory to facilitate customer development and relationship through agency visitation and prospect calls.
- Pursues a program of continuing education by participating in industry sponsored and company sponsored educational courses.
- Assists in training of other personnel as directed.
This position will be assessed based on achievement of the following elements of performance:
Attainment of goals/standards for this position; Dependability (appropriate use of time and resources, including but not limited to phone use, attendance, promptness, funds or asset use); Customer service/sensitivity (of internal and external customers); Teamwork.
Other additional elements of performance will impact this position and will be provided by the supervisor of this position.