Click column header to sort
Key Risk is seeking an enthusiastic Marketing Intern with excellent time management skills and writing ability to coordinate and implement marketing communication projects and assist the Vice President of Client Experience and Innovation with corporate communications (internal & external), account management and support, market research and event planning.
As a Key Risk Intern, you will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in real work every day in the client experience department including: client services, risk management, marketing, and corporate communications;
- Work on specific projects where they have defined tasks and learn from each one;
- Become familiar with the worker’s compensation industry, systems, processes and procedures;
- Build business and professional skills; and
- Gather experience that could convert to a full-time position upon graduation.
The successful candidate will work closely with other ERM team members, other functions and senior management within corporate. The business focus of our ERM team also requires collaboration with colleagues across a range of disciplines in our operating companies. Key responsibilities include:
- WRBC Group risk assessment and modeling:
- Responsible for the Group catastrophe “roll-up” ReMetrica simulation model, including:
- Updating gross catastrophe exposures in the “roll-up” model for all of the Group’s operating units
- Updating catastrophe reinsurance in the ”roll-up” model
- Ensuring new catastrophe reinsurance structures are appropriately modeled
- Assessment of the Group’s catastrophe reinsurance needs, provide insights into the effectiveness of a range of different possible structures in fulfilling these needs in a cost effective manner, and allocation of Group cat reinsurance technical costs to operating companies
- Discussion of analysis and results with senior management in corporate including corporate segment EVPs (senior executives each with responsibility for multiple operating companies), and SVP – ceded reinsurance
- Assisting in the assessment of cyber risk in the Group’s insurance products, including assessment of exposures, scenario modeling and “cyber catastrophe” modeling
- Assisting in the assessment of climate risk in the Group’s insurance products, investment portfolio, and from an operational risk perspective
- Collating and analyzing data and industry information to monitor risk
- WRBC Group capital assessment and management
- Peer review/update and enhance the Group required capital projection model, including the integration of appropriate stress scenarios
- Peer review/update the Group capital allocation model and required capital model. This includes discussion of approach and results with Group CFO and Group Corporate Controller
- Undertake ad hoc risk/reward reviews to support specific strategic decisions
- Improve existing and develop new capital stress scenarios; develop processes to allow these scenarios to be assessed in a more efficient and timely manner
- Risk reporting
- Creating and presenting analyses and reports on specific key risk areas for the Group’s senior management
- Produce ERM reports for rating agencies, and review terrorism and catastrophe reports
- Support our international companies in their ERM reporting
- Assist with/produce internal ERM reports and presentations for the WRBC ERM committee, Presidents’ meetings and Board meetings
- Assist with the production of, and improvements, to the Group ORSA report
- Work closely with individual operating companies on specific risk related projects
Berkley A & H Special Risk, a W. R. Berkley company, will be adding a talented Underwriter to the team. The position reports to the President and will ideally be located in the Chicago office. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Directly accountable for the Special Risk underwriting results for a region, most likely the Mid-West, including new business production, account retention, underwriting margin and book profitability targets
- Exhibit and maintain high standards for underwriting including risk selection, pricing performance, and account documentation.
- Ensure compliance with underwriting best practices and guidelines, ensuring they are implemented appropriately and consistently across the book of business
- Partner with Sales to:
- Develop new distribution relationships in the assigned region
- Develop and execute regional territory plan in order to establish and meet sales and underwriting goals
- Manage workflow between underwriting and distribution to meet service level expectations, market expectations and brand promise
- Deliver best-in-market service to our distribution partners without sacrificing profitability
- Partner with operations/systems to develop and implement process and service improvement plans
- Develop knowledge of and comfort with the full suite of A&H products, able to represent them all in your marketplace
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the technical implementation of the ecosystem – the tools to develop applications that work with Guidewire’s ClaimCenter, and how it fits in with our organizational strategy. In addition to being highly technical, you should be able to play a key role in code delivery and provide hands-on delivery guidance.
- Experience developing large, complex projects on the Guidewire ClaimCenter platform
- Experience developing project components from ideation to execution
- Must develop and execute unit test cases and conduct peer code reviews in the Guidewire platform
- Ability to estimate effort needed to integrate new solutions/applications with other systems
- Ability to propose creative technical solution to business problems
This position will work and consult with various teams and key business stakeholders to gather business requirements to bridge the needs of the business with the use of a web-based claim application. This includes determining client and organizational needs, system and operational requirements, downstream system impacts and legal compliance obligations.
- Works with end users and internal staff to develop and translate business requirements for project deliverables Guidewire Suite
- Answers developer and end user questions through the development life cycle
- Completes functional testing on assigned projects and defects
- Establish and maintain positive customer relationships to manage priority and expectations of their overall issues and deliverables
- Clarifies and escalates issue gaps through the change control process
- Provides end-user training, product presentations and feature demo’s
- Suggests improvements in processes used for requirements gathering, design specifications, and software implementations
- Assume responsibility for identifying, documenting and maintaining functional requirements and perform testing activities within the construct of Agile development methodology
- Manage project scope definition and drive requirements gathering by conducting meetings and teleconferences with key stakeholders.
- Provide recommendations to improve the business processes/workflows through system efficiencies
- Creates and maintains System Documentation such as upgrade guides and other release documentation
- Manage post implementation business requirements for maintenance and enhancement requests
- Willingness to travel – 10%
The Digital Engineering team focuses highly on delivery; bringing simple solutions to complex user interactions. You will contribute to the creation and maintenance of a multitenant insurance portal, from the framework to the reusable components, which serves as a delivery conduit for digital engagement. From understanding user journeys to implementing interfaces and services, the Digital team creates and maintains highly satisfying experiences that can be reused across insurance brands
- Work with various teams and stakeholders to create and maintain digital experiences for multiple insurance brands.
- Evaluate new technology and form data-based opinions to ensure continued high level product offerings.
- Use an understanding of digital customers’ needs to drive digital product decisions and technical strategy.
- Build and maintain digital interfaces to core systems, providing technical leadership to other team members.
- Estimates projects, identifies non-functional requirements, leads design discussion and code review.
- Looks critically at process in department and contributes to continuous process improvement.
- Responsible for managing policy functions and the timely issuance of new business and renewal policies, cancellations, and endorsements.
- Maintain department workflows and procedural issues to manage the effective flow of business (new and renewal) through the company while upholding service standards.
- Create and maintain policies and procedures associated with above responsibilities.
- Identify and communicate trends, resolve issues and implementing process improvements.
- Present information and respond to questions from employees, co-workers and management.
- Establish SLA’s and staffing levels to meet business requirements.
- Responsible for overseeing policy related system enhancements and procedures, including new system implementations.
- Delegate and monitor work assignments, set expectations, inspire and motivate others to perform well and accept feedback from others.
- Management of team (hiring, establishing goals and objectives for team members, performance management, etc.) and associated Human Resources functions.
- Responsible for supervising the team that handles new and existing accounts via the call center.
- Responsible for employee development including but not limited to systems, procedural, customer service and general working knowledge of insurance.
- Provide regular performance feedback; complete written performance reviews.
- Act as a liason and work with various departments within the organization on resolving policy issues.
- Direct relationships with other departments to resolve issues and develop standards of doing business.
- Work with other departments in order to collect data, map critical processes and participate in forming recommendations for improvements in work product and services.
- Embrace a culture of Innovation by exhibiting Key Risk’s Innovation Behaviors, and by actively participating in idea submission, experimentation and implementation.
- Professional Development – Develop job skills through Company training and the pursuit of industry designations
- Professional Relationships – Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders, including insureds, agency partners, NCCI/State Bureau personnel and Key Risk/WRB associates (underwriters, Regional Vice Presidents, auditors, information technology, claims and other WRB companies)
- Client Service Infusion – support CSI program by promoting and upholding 4 key behaviors
- Innovation – embrace and demonstrate Innovative behaviors
The main role and responsibilities of the Information Security Analyst – Data Protection will be to monitor, investigate and help tune incoming alerts from various data protection tools. This may include triaging events as well as working with business and technology partners to further understand and validate the event as well as work to enhance, change or clean-up process or data to remediate the event causing the violation. In this position you will also be expected to help tune and customize various platform policies to be more accurate as well as more targeted to the Berkley environment and data. The position will be part of the data protection team working with to enhance the Berkley Data Protection program.
This role will have a global remit and will be working with security, technology and business stakeholders around the globe to ensure the appropriate protection of Berkley data. Expectations are that the analyst has an intellectual curiosity around data and the protection of that data from accidental or malicious exfiltration from the Berkley environment. Remediating alerts will be an integral part of this role; but we are also looking for someone who is willing to embrace data protection and help continue to build a solid and secure program.
- Manage/evaluate DLP events, eliminate ‘white noise’ events (no action), and determine if a violation of corporate or client data policies has occurred.
- Work with the data protection team to help continue to grow a secure process for data transfer and storage.
- Confirm actions and next steps to handle new Incident in accordance with documented standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Identify all events to be relabeled as an Incident and escalate to the incident management team for handling and/or investigation
- Build partnerships with business and technology partners
- Work closely with security and technology analysts in other regions including LATAM, EMEA and APAC to share technical information to strengthen the global Data Protection Program
- Work closely with data protection architects and engineers and security operations team members
- Identify opportunities to tune and configure data protection tools to enhance accuracy and capabilities as well as improve targeted nature to Berkley specific data
- Participate or lead the clean-up of processes or broken file shares to enhance the security of Berkley based on any violations identified with data protection toolset
Travel expected - minimal
Serve as the strategic, operational, and motivational leader of the assigned Underwriting unit in support of delivering profitable growth and excellent community, employee and customer relations.
- Responsible for leading a production underwriting team to write Human Service business in accordance with underwriting guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for retention, profit & loss for the company’s renewal book of business.
- Hire, train and direct underwriting staff.
- Manage and monitor overall pricing practices and targets for assigned underwriting team.
- Work professionally, effectively and strategically with the whole of the underwriting staff to achieve corporate and individual goals.
- Work with Operations staff to coordinate and create workflow efficiencies and standards.
- Work with CUO and other underwriting staff on creating, enhancing and implementing underwriting guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Lead, provide strategic input and implement underwriting initiatives.
- Develop and review management reports such as loss ratio, quality control, production and workload management.
- Referral underwriter for risks outside underwriter’s authority, guidelines, large risks, etc.
- Establish development plans for individual team members; monitor and provide feedback as warranted.
- Ensure special acceptances are obtained from reinsurers for risks and exposures outside reinsurance guidelines and agreements.
- Coordinate facultative reinsurance placements, standards, etc. for assigned underwriting team.
- Perform underwriting audits for new and renewal business.
- Identify and conduct training for underwriting team/staff as warranted.
- Work professionally, effectively and strategically with Operations, Risk Control, Finance, Actuary, Claims and IT staff.
May perform other functions as assigned.
Berkley Asset Protection, a Berkley company, is hiring for the position of Underwriting Analyst in its New York City office. The job location is New York City and reports to the Assistant Vice President of Underwriting.
About the job
Our culture is one of innovation, creativity and teamwork. Our team is highly motivated, passionate about our business, and deeply experienced in developing and delivering product and service solutions to personal and commercial customers.
This role will be responsible for providing support to Underwriting.
What you will do
- Conduct deep dive research into customers and their risk characteristics
- Prepare underwriting transactions, including renewals, new lines and endorsements
- Review and follow up for required documentation and signatures
- Process administrative changes including broker of record, non-renewals, cancelations, reinstatements and other changes
- Complete quotes on business submitted by agents and brokers
- Complete data entry and/or upload of large schedules and other data
- Resolve discrepancies from third party data reports
- Projects and other work as assigned
Berkley Prime Transportation has a new opportunity for an Assistant Underwriter to join our team! This role will provide excellent customer service, clerical assistance, support, and assistance to the Underwriting staff, Brokers, and Managing General Agents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect data, review, analyze, and rate new and renewal business (all states, multi-line) to provide a work up for the Underwriter
- Navigate in rating and issuance systems for Truck business (all states, multi-line)
- Issue policies in policy issuance system before the end of each month
- Review policies to ensure they are issued based upon the terms and conditions outlined by the Underwriter
- Examine and evaluate documents including declarations, applications, signed forms, MVRs, and all amendments to policies to ensure compliance with established company underwriting guidelines
- Interpret and analyze underwriting manuals/guidelines, rating manuals, forms, and workflows for commercial lines business
- Maintain knowledge of technical underwriting process and/or research information if needed; participate in ongoing training as necessary
- Handle various requests and/or inquiries from General Agents, Retailers, Insureds and/or Underwriters through phone, in person, and written correspondence
- Provide routine servicing of policies as needs arise including drafting of endorsements
- Order various underwriting reports to compile data for the Underwriters
- Inform Underwriters of any underwriting issues immediately
- Perform administrative duties for the department including writing reports and business correspondence
- Meet with new agents for training; may include attending lunches or dinners off-site
- Provide back-up services for others in the department
The VP, Underwriting Manager will oversee the production and underwriting of Accountants Professional Liability business written by our partner, CAMICO Mutual insurance Co. A successful Underwriting Manager will have the ability to positively influence underwriting behavior at CAMICO and steer our business to consistent profitability. The role will maintain primary responsibility for the Camico program underwriting function on behalf of Berkley Alliance Managers.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Ensure Camico operates within established underwriting guidelines and authorities
- Ensure Camico operates within Berkley DP’s filed rating plan
- Handle all account Camico program referrals that fall outside the established underwriting guidelines, authorities and filed rating plan
- Oversee and facilitate the placement of all facultative reinsurance on the Camico program
- Conduct UW audits at Camico four times per year and report findings to Camico and BAM President
- Work with Chief Actuary to produce monthly reports showing all Camico production, pricing and referral activity on the Camico program
The Policy Services Support Technician is responsible for multiple operations, underwriting and claims support administrative tasks which include but are not limited to.
- Processes and distributes incoming paper and electronic mail as well as hard copy outgoing mail
- Prepares, scans and quality checks documents for electronic image conversion for both underwriting and claims
- Clears internal and external new business application submissions
- Accurately identifies and indexes documents to ensure efficient downstream processing
- Monitors central e-mail box and import documents via email extraction
- Monitors imaging help desk (e.g. analyze and resolve ‘end-user’ issues)
- Processes cancellations and non-renewals
- Orders various underwriting reports via on-line vendors (e.g. Motor Vehicle Reports)
- Processes on-line Federal and State Motor Carrier Filings
- Appropriately handles a variety of ‘non-service’ processes based on established guidelines
- Rotates switchboard console coverage and front desk duties
- Maintains inventory of supplies
- Arranges office machinery maintenance calls (e.g. copy and postage machines, scanner)
- Maintains shred bins
- Performs packing and shipping tasks as needed (e.g. FedEX, UPS)
- Delivers mail to Post Office
Solve and troubleshoot problems related to desktop computers, laptops, and different systems. Install hardware and software systems on desktops and laptops. Reviews service tickets and identify opportunities for improvement. Work with and assist customers with installations, moves, adds, changes, refresh, testing and implementation of personal computer hardware/software systems for small projects. Assists with problem determination and isolation of PC hardware/software networks. Utilizes help desk call tracking and problem resolution software and thoroughly documents problem resolution. Resolves issues utilizing excellent customer service skills, problem solving skills, technical thinking/reasoning skills, and a high level of individual judgment to ensure outcomes of customer satisfaction.
Carolina Casualty has an opening for a Software Developer to join our team! Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Develop, test, implement and maintain business software applications and databases
- Generate code conforming to the design specification provided for new project development
- Modify existing source in order to realize change requests, R&D and/or bug fixes
- Execute unit tests on new code and code changes in accordance with specified test plans
- Analyze, manage and manipulate robust data models
- Leverage advanced front end application and back end database construction skills to ensure the end to end operation and integrity of the application
- Identify opportunities to improve both the development approach and the integrity and quality of the final product
- Coordinate with business departments to define system problems and enhancements
- Perform periodic systems analyst duties to support the development of required specifications and/or testing to meet end user requests
- Analyze existing workflow for efficiency; recommend and implement needed changes; balance procedures for current and future systems as assigned
- Provide in-house education for end user systems as needed
- Provide counsel and assist team members and business partners as needed
- Collaborate with Project Managers, users, and Information Technology team in defining project deliverables including definition, database programming, issue resolution, testing and implementation
Join us as an Inland Marine Territory Underwriting Manager who will develop regional and local Business Strategic, Tactical and Operational plans. Execute Action Plans, develop deep agency relationships, and represents the Company locally, regionally and on a national basis. Partner with Sr. Management of the Company and Regional Companies to drive both growth and profitability. Place your mark in the development of Marine and Property strategic and tactical plans based on company plans, technological advances, and corporate plans and work within limits of authority requiring the highest degree of technical complexity and coordination. Our focus will be on complex property, marine risks and programs that will drive profitable growth.
Making an impact includes:
- Building superior distribution partnerships with agents and brokers. Developing and implements sales plans to leverage profitable business growth.
- Analyzing applications, determining acceptability of risk in accordance with Company guidelines and practices in order to make the appropriate underwriting decisions. Applying underwriting guidelines and appetite to risk selection and pricing.
- Keeping current on state/territory issues and regulations, industry activity and trends and freely shares information with others. Negotiating with agents to reach positive and profitable outcomes.
- Developing a diverse book of business consisting of varied inland marine and property classes of business, risk size and complexity. Analyzing quality, quantity, and profitability of risks underwritten and preparing reports for management review.
- Assisting in the management of the Inland Marine and Property business to achieve the goals and objectives established. Ensuring continued profitable growth.
- You may provide guidance and assistance to other underwriters and to other functional areas, particularly when related to cross-sell opportunities and providing assistance to underwriters requiring referrals due to the authority levels.
- Collaborating with management on risks exceeding authority level or requiring special handling. Evaluating underwriting performance based on financial analysis including rate, reserve adequacy, operational execution, planning and product reviews.
- Collaborating with Regional Companies in developing regional inland marine and property business plans.
- Assisting with product development in creation of innovative products and service to introduce to the market.
- Collaborating with business partners in Risk Control, Actuarial, Finance and Claims to driver profitable results and developing program opportunities.
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full-time Underwriter for its Managed Care segment. This position will solicit, write, and retain a profitable book of Managed Care/Reinsurance business. Requiring extensive underwriting analysis and sound judgment, this role will be responsible for contributing to the achievement of Berkley Accident and Health’s financial plans by meeting established premium growth and profitability goals. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assesses risk to ensure that the risk meets established underwriting criteria
- Evaluates, price and proposes rates based on established underwriting guidelines while meeting profitability standards set by management
- Manages assigned workload to meet productivity and time service standards
- Develops and maintains successful relationships with target sources
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with management and staff to further the company’s mission