Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
Berkley Prime Transportation has a new opportunity for an Assistant Underwriter to join our team! This role will provide excellent customer service, clerical assistance, support, and assistance to the Underwriting staff, Brokers, and Managing General Agents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect data, review, analyze, and rate new and renewal business (all states, multi-line) to provide a work up for the Underwriter
- Navigate in rating and issuance systems for Truck business (all states, multi-line)
- Issue policies in policy issuance system before the end of each month
- Review policies to ensure they are issued based upon the terms and conditions outlined by the Underwriter
- Examine and evaluate documents including declarations, applications, signed forms, MVRs, and all amendments to policies to ensure compliance with established company underwriting guidelines
- Interpret and analyze underwriting manuals/guidelines, rating manuals, forms, and workflows for commercial lines business
- Maintain knowledge of technical underwriting process and/or research information if needed; participate in ongoing training as necessary
- Handle various requests and/or inquiries from General Agents, Retailers, Insureds and/or Underwriters through phone, in person, and written correspondence
- Provide routine servicing of policies as needs arise including drafting of endorsements
- Order various underwriting reports to compile data for the Underwriters
- Inform Underwriters of any underwriting issues immediately
- Perform administrative duties for the department including writing reports and business correspondence
- Meet with new agents for training; may include attending lunches or dinners off-site
- Provide back-up services for others in the department