Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The Underwriting Assistant(UA) provides critical assistance to the underwriting team. The UA will assist in new business production and maintenance of renewal business by providing timely and efficient support to the Product Liability team.
Posiiton location is strongly preferred to be in our West Hartford, Ct office but possibly in our New York City office as well.
Key funcitons will include but not be limited to:
- Perform clearance of new business submissions and support the quoting and binding process.
- Issue all policies based on instructions provided by underwriters and/or operations manager. Review forms & endorsements for accuracy and refer any discrepancies.
- Works closely with Operations Manager to resolve problems and eliminate processing delays.
- Assist underwriting team by requesting additional information from brokers necessary for the proper processing of applications, endorsements, and cancellations, including any underwriting-related reports from external sources. And, perform routine follow-ups and referrals for same.
- Provide timely and high-quality service to all underwriting team by assisting them with tasks that are integral to the new business and renewal process.
- Demonstrate urgency, ownership and responsiveness in assisting underwriting team and operations manager with service-related requests via telephone, video and/or email.
- Provide underwriters/managers with service and process-improvement ideas, contributing to a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Compliance verification
The Senior Complex Claims Specialist serves as the subject matter expert for claims in the product protection team. As a critical member of the team, this role will be the primary claim contact for internal and external stakeholders. The role requires extensive interaction with other carriers and leaders in the product recall industry.
Key Functions will include but not limited to:
- The management of claims from FNOL to close, including analysis, reserve analysis, and strategy for optimal outcomes.
- Collaboration with the entire product protection team to inform and update about specific claims, and general claim trends.
- Partner with underwriting and leadership team to keep the team informed of claim developments.
- Comply with all local, federal and state regulations related to claims while minimizing risk/exposure to the organization.
- Proactively manages first and third-party claim files from inception to closure including coverage analysis, investigation, damages, and evaluation with some management supervision.
- Reviews and sets up new loss assignments
- Establishes appropriate initial loss and expense reserves and continually evaluates the file on diary for adequacy, accuracy and adherence to reserving guidelines
- Analyzes and interprets policy language in conjunction with specific loss facts to reach appropriate coverage decisions
- Drafts coverage correspondence, including reservations of rights and coverage disclaimers in compliance with state statutes and regulations
- Effectively and independently negotiates settlements with insureds and third parties
- Composes correspondence to insureds, claimants, attorneys, agents and regulatory agencies
- Appropriately and clearly documents all claim file activity, including current strategy, plan of action and maintain current diary according to claim handling best practices
- Works with and manage independent adjusters and experts and control costs of outside vendors
- Works directly with defense counsel and coverage counsel; oversees the legal services provided and manages the legal costs
- Effectively presents and discusses loss facts, issues, and recommendations in department discussions and meetings
- Composes Large Loss Reports and other detailed reporting documents as appropriate on a regular and timely basis and present cases to management
- Identify subrogation opportunities and work with attorneys to obtain recoveries
- Provide excellent customer service and partner with Underwriting as needed
- May participate in projects and other corporate initiatives such as audits, task forces, focus groups, etc.
The Underwriter will be responsible for marketing, producing, pricing and underwriting product recall business on a profitable basis from brokers based in the U.S. in accordance with the company’s underwriting guidelines.
The ideal location for this hire will be in either New York, Hartford, CT or Chicago, IL but other locations will also be considered and especially for candidates with deep Product Recall experience.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Market Product Recall business to existing and new brokers
- Produce same from existing and new broker base
- Price and underwrite product recall business
- Interface with claims as necessary
- Travel to industry events and broker meetings as necessary
- Conduct both self and peer audits
- Proactively review insurance offerings including wordings, proposal forms and endorsements