Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
Verus underwriters are curious, creative problem solvers who work with our agents to create appropriately priced policies to insure their customers' risks. Successful underwriters are skilled in negotiating and collaborating with our agents to ensure proper risk-selection and pricing, along with leading teams to ensure company goals and objectives are met.
Under broad supervision, the professional lines underwriter is responsible for underwriting risks in a book of business including miscellaneous professional, lawyers, insurance agents, title agents and real estate agents E&S business. The underwriter is expected to work within limited authority on assignments utilizing underwriting policies and guidelines, rating manual rules and insurance laws and regulations as well as company policies and procedures. They are also expected to maintain and develop broker relationships.
- Skill and knowledge of broker/agency management and relationship building
- Track record of uncovering, researching and putting together new product line opportunities by applying appropriate underwriting strategies and standards to qualify risk acceptability.
- Ability to work effectively and within an assigned level of underwriting authority.
- Experience planning, orchestrating, and leading highly effective broker meetings.
- Negotiates standard coverage issues, closes sale, and gauges customer satisfaction
- Ability to meet or exceed designated LOB production metrics
- Strong technical knowledge regarding underwriting, coverage and pricing within a particular product line
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong productive relationships with individual brokers
- Provide timely, courteous and efficient service to all internal and external clients
- Ability to identify and call appropriate attention to broker performance issues
- Understanding of pricing and risk selection criteria
- Perform other duties as assigned