The VP, Marketing & Business Development will be responsible for implementing a dynamic marketing and producer management strategy for a growing excess and surplus lines company with an emphasis on enhancing the value of our client and producer relationships and developing additional profitable business. The VP, Marketing & Business Development will work with internal stakeholders to oversee product-related messaging, communications, and campaigns that specifically drive the uptake and expansion of our extensive product suite.
A key focus for the role will be to ideate, develop, and project manage marketing content and sales support materials, ensuring our product messages resonate with customers, grab their attention, inform/educate effectively, and reflect a consistent and evolving story about Verus. We are looking for someone who can understand complex concepts and communicate them authentically to various audiences via an array of messaging channels.
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate consumer behavior, producer and competitor activity, product performance and customer and producer feedback to identify market opportunities for products/services, new product ideas, identify product/service features needing to be changed to meet customer needs.
- Identify, design and implement marketing strategies for the various product lines, encompassing new products and services, identification and selection of target markets, agency appointment management and tailored / unique coverages.
- Review marketing results continuously and measure progress in achieving agency/carrier objectives.
- Responsible for overall relationship management with excess and surplus lines agency community including development of new appointments and management of terminations, new business unit expansions and contractions, enhancement of distribution platform and providing training and support to underwriters in conducting agency visitation and overall agency management.
- Communicate our risk appetites / product information and target classes of business with producers.
- Provide direction, support and marketing guidance to Product Line Leaders (Underwriting).
- Provide leadership by example by maintaining personal accessibility to the producers.
- Manage implementation of CRM, training and onboarding of new producers and supporting the company processes to result in improved quality and quantity of new business appointments, improved pipeline, new business growth and retention.
- Deliver innovative strategies that build compelling user experiences to drive customer acquisition and engagement.
- Oversee the Marketing Communications Specialist to design marketing campaigns and sales collateral for the products/services that are consistent, effective and appropriate for the target audience.
- Serve as liaison for key internal departments; manage their day-to-day marketing and agency management activities and needs.
- Will work with internal clients to synthesize complex subject matter into clear messaging points.
- Manage ongoing analysis of producer tiers and drill down to perform strategic and financial analysis to identify producer opportunity areas, determine relevant company positioning to capture those opportunities, prioritize producer relationship, identify appropriate areas for investment (events, sponsorships, incentives, relationship management), and define action plans, to drive growth and retention.
- Lead strategic projects as required, working with cross-functional stakeholders to drive improvements to the experience of our producer partners.
- Support producer communication by scheduling and implementing; Seminars, Webinars, Virtual meetings to include: one on one virtual appointments, virtual social engagements and other creative social interactions to drive new business.
The Product Development Analyst will work directly with the Chief Underwriting Officer and Product Line Leaders in a technical development capacity for new and revised insurance products in response to the changing business environment for various lines of business, including general liability, excess/umbrella, professional lines (MPL, E&O, Public Entity) and garage.
The Product Development Analyst manages the development of new products and the enhancement of existing products. As an Excess & Surplus Lines company, we use a variety of ISO products as well as proprietary forms. The Product Development Analyst provides marketing direction to new products and target markets. May manage product development/enhancement processes in conjunction with all functional areas.
- Drafting policy and endorsement language, and assisting with the development of underwriting rules that guide underwriters in issuing and rating policies
- Maintain policy forms, product user guides and other supporting documentation
- Review insurance products to support underwriting consistency and compliance
- Draft manuscript and standard-use endorsements
- Review laws, regulations and case law for impact on products and insurer procedures
- Develop policy language and rules for major program updates that provide valuable insurance enhancements to products
- Work in conjunction with the Product Line Leaders to research and review new products, consider impact on other products, and collaborate with others in bringing products to market
- Participate in strategy meetings involving product enhancements and/or new products
- Contribute ideas and feedback with the idea of representing Product Line Leaders’ interests
- Work with Compliance to review state laws and requirements and make revisions to ensure product updates are compliant and relevant in each state
- Monitor regulatory release circulars and ISO circulars for relevant product update information
- Assist CUO with managing emerging hazards by using researching skills to provide thoughtful responses to underwriting inquires over a broad range of insurance topics
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders including Legal, Actuarial, Underwriting, Compliance and Marketing to ensure product meets internal and state requirements
- Work with Marketing to ensure that customer facing collateral and messaging are up to date and relevant
- Working with product and IT staff to ensure that product is accurately reflected in forms library and policy issuance system
- As an E&S carrier, Verus Underwriting Managers may have smaller products on an admitted basis. For those products, the Product Development Analyst will need to assist Product Line Leaders with product filings, managing filing objections in a timely manner and overall product strategy.