At Verus, we believe in focusing on your enthusiasm to ensure we are a dynamic and growing organization. We value the insight our adjusters bring to the organization and will give you the tools to make an impact on the future of the company. Our Claims Adjusters have a passion to resolve issues, discover win/win solutions, and keep up with the fast paced environment of Verus.
Job duties include:
- Ability to manage moderate and complex Commercial Casualty and Professional Liability claims with limited supervision. Specialty in Professional Liability is a must.
- Evaluate insurance coverage based on claim report, the insurance policy, applicable statutes and case law to determine if a claim can be accepted as within coverage.
- Able to attend mediations around the country
- Experience in completing reservation of rights and coverage disclaimer letters
- Ability to assign and supervise independent adjusters
- Willingness to handle their own inventory of claims
- Working with internal and external clients, as well as with attorneys and claimants, to resolve claims
- Willingness to process work into claims system and operate without a claims support staff
- Learn the renewal underwriting process through successful completion of Training Objectives and incrementally take on the responsibilities of an acting renewal underwriter
- Input select data into rating system;
- Solicit renewal underwriting data for non-delegated authority business;
- Follow-up on outstanding quotes as proposed effective dates approach;
- Process clearance of incoming submissions, including review for completeness – as needed;
- Provide timely, courteous and efficient service to all internal and external clients;
- Perform other duties as assigned;
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.