Union Standard Insurance Group has a great opportunity for a Claims Trainee to join our team and provide prompt, fair and effective claims service for Insureds and claimants through the use of phone and correspondence.
As a Claims Trainee, you will be responsible for the following essential duties:
- The investigation of claims made by Insureds and claimants including but not limited to proper coverage determination, 24-hour contacts, taking of recorded statements.
- Evaluating and negotiating settlements including the denial of claims either not covered or where no liability exists and obtaining proper forms and documents.
- Establishing and maintaining proper reserving throughout the life of the claim file, maintaining appropriate diary schedules of all claims in the care and custody of the adjuster, and evaluating estimates and bills for accuracy and applicability to coverage relating to the type of claims submitted.
- Completing all necessary reporting forms according to procedures on a daily basis. Entry of proper claim reserves, and claim payments. Maintaining in chronological order; appropriate file notes on the system. Initiating subrogation and disposing of salvage according to established procedures.
- Informing the proper Underwriting Department of risk hazards discovered through the investigation of the claim and advising the supervisor immediately of all claims of a severe nature or exceeding settlement authority.
- Directing defense attorneys and independent adjusters on claims in litigation or that require outside assistance and attending mediations and settlement conferences when warranted.
- Assist in training of other personnel as directed and maintain a good working relationship with supervisors, associates, agents and the public.
As a Loss Control Consultant, you will provide loss control consultative support to our branches, agents, and policyholders. Our goal is to provide high quality, cost effective service to our customers which consistently meets or exceeds their expectations, and assists them in minimizing their losses. This role will also act as Technical Consultant to Underwriters in risk selection and renewal decisions as well as assist in the development of innovative, distinctive and cost effective service methods and tools to identify and quantify risk, and reduce losses. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing timely, professional reports and consultative support to our underwriters and other functions, as may be needed to assist in superior risk selection, pricing and retention of profitable business.
- Helping in maintaining targeted loss control files as required by statutory requirements.
- Researching and compiling technical document information as needed to provide consultative services to our customers.
- Distributing loss control technical bulletins as directed by Home Office Loss Control Management.
This two year internship opportunity provides experience in underwriting support services and exposure to underwriting. As a part of the internship, you will work with our Underwriting Services team learning about our Express Rate product. The duties will include:
- Processing applications through our online rating system will be the primary duty during the course of the internship. This will include working closely with our staff to ensure a quality product is delivered to our customers.
- Orientation to underwriting preparation: This will include exposure to industry specific resources such as proprietary rating programs, ReferenceConnect, AM Best, UW Workbench, Marshall Swift & Boeckh, Agency Portal, etc.
- Exposure to development opportunities (both industry specific and personal development) to include but not limited to Insurance self-study courses, online tutorials, etc.
Your second year experience will include:
- Continued work processing applications through our online rating system and providing feedback to 1st year interns on their application processing work. A key component of your second year will be working with the incoming class to assist them in learning the skills necessary for the internship program.
- Shadowing an Underwriter and learning more about the underwriting thought process.
- An opportunity to take an additional online CIC course outside the UACIC criteria.
- Shadowing Loss Control on visits, participating in agency visits, and exposure to regular business meetings.
- Exposure to the Regional Vice President and discussions on the operations of a Property & Casualty Insurance Carrier.
Union Standard Insurance Group
TX, Irving - 222 Las Colinas Boulevard W
Join our team as a Commercial Lines Underwriter evaluating acceptability of individual risks and determining terms, conditions and pricing to achieve company profit and growth objectives. Work with agents/brokers to develop productive and profitable relationships and to ensure compliance with company underwriting guidelines.
Be a part of a high energy team with an entrepreneurial spirited company and have a meaningful impact in our organization!
Making an impact includes:
- Underwriting new business by reviewing the application for acceptability, requesting additional information, if necessary, and accepting or rejecting risks in conformance with company guidelines.
- Underwriting within authority set forth by Commercial Lines Vice President and within confines of company's reinsurance treaties and corresponds with agency to collect additional information.
- Underwriting renewal business by reviewing insured's file, producing agency's experience, nature and frequency of losses, loss control surveys, motor vehicle reports, and prior carrier loss experience.
- Assisting Commercial Lines Vice President in development of new products, pricing, or coverage's needed.
- Developing productive and profitable relationships with agents.
- Maintaining an established loss ratio.
- Meeting established production goals and delivers timely service.
- Serving as the staff liaison for the assigned line in disseminating line updates and developing staff.
- Traveling within the assigned territory to facilitate customer development and relationship through agency visitation and prospect calls.
- Pursuing a program of continuing education by participating in industry sponsored and company sponsored educational courses.
- Assisting in training of other personnel as directed.
Be a part of our Rating Team! Our Commercial Insurance Raters provide policy preparation/issuance and data processing functions in support of Commercial Lines Underwriting.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Rating and issuing various transactions including but not limited to new business, renewals, endorsements, and cancellations involving all Commercial Lines of Business for the licensed States within the Company, using available data processing equipment.
- Meeting established production goals while maintaining high levels of quality and managing work to meet established company service standards.
- Classifiying risks and rates according to current manual rules and related instructions.
- Contacting Agents, Bureaus, or Company Underwriting regarding rating matters and responding appropriately to agents' or underwriting requests for rating information.
- Participating in testing and on-line technical assistance to team members.
- Coordinating various job duties in an effective and efficient manner.
- Maintaining good working relationship with supervisor, associates, agents, and public and contributes to a cooperative work environment.
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.