Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The Vice President of Claims reports to the Company President and provides strategic direction and leadership for the Claims function. Proactively participates with the senior management team and functional department staff in developing and executing strategic plans to meet business objectives. Principal duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides strategic direction and leadership for the Claims operations. Develops, plans and implements strategic and tactical claims operational improvements to affect positive claims outcomes and excellent service to customers.
- Provides strategic direction and leadership for severity management and litigation management initiatives. Collaborates with Claims management to develop and implement tactical plans to manage ALAE (allocated loss adjustment expense) and indemnity.
- Oversees and participates in the management of the claims catastrophe plan (storm management) and the W.R. Berkley Corporation Catastrophe (WRBC CAT) Response Program, if triggered.
- Communicates significant claim developments/trends to President and senior management team. Provides multi-line claims expertise to the senior management team. Monitors claim developments and trends within the Property/Casualty insurance industry.
- Monitors and analyzes organizational performance. Drives change to assure continuous improvement. Collaborates with management to identify and implement strategies to improve the management of total claim cost to support organization goals of optimized profitability, managed growth and enhanced competitive advantage. Develops and analyzes key performance metrics.
- Attracts, coaches and develops talent. Provides frequent and specific constructive feedback to staff. Provides technical advice, direction and mentoring to Claims staff. Coaches and mentors staff for succession at all levels of supervision and management.
- Collaborates with management to effect positive changes in the handling of property, casualty and litigation claims. Develops and delivers Best Practices, performance standards, and strategic training.
- Collaborates to establish and manage the claim department budget and resources including explaining variances and related reporting.
- Manages the claims audit process in accordance with performance standards.
- Interacts with W.R. Berkley Corporate providing data and information (i.e. large losses, trial notice, reinsurance, catastrophe, and special request, etc.) as required.
- Develops and maintains relationships with other W.R. Berkley Regional Claims Officers to capitalize on business opportunities and efficiencies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.