Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
Preferred Employers Insurance is a member company of the W. R. Berkley Corporation, a Fortune 500 company rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company. Take your career to the next level and join us! Find out why we are the preferred workers’ compensation insurance solution for California employers.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Senior Workers’ Compensation Examiner to join our team! Our Senior Examiners are responsible for the analysis and management of complex workers’ compensation claims. This position will review, investigate, and make decisions regarding coverage, compensability, and appropriateness of claims. The position will process and document claims to ensure compliance with company standards, industry best practices, and legislative provisions. Acts in a fiduciary role on behalf of policyholders, negotiates claim settlements and manages subrogation. Senior Claims Examiner’s conduct the handling of claims in the utmost of good faith in compliance with the rules, regulations and statutes of the WCAB and State of California. The Senior Workers’ Compensation Examiner is expected to function with a degree of competency. The use of sound judgment coupled with consistent results is expected.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Analyzes and processes workers’ compensation claims by investigating and gathering information to determine the exposure on the claim.
- Negotiates settlement of claims up to designated authority level and makes claims payments.
- Processes complex or technically difficult claims.
- Calculates and assigns timely and appropriate reserves to claims and continues to manage reserve adequacy throughout the life of the claim.
- Calculates and pays benefits due; approves all claim payments; and settles claims within designated authority level.
- Develops and manages claims through well-developed action plans; continues to work the action plan to bring the claim to an appropriate and timely resolution.
- Prepares necessary state filings within statutory limits.
- Actively manages the litigation process; ensures timely and cost-effective claims resolution.
- Coordinates vendor referrals for additional investigation and/or litigation management.
- Uses appropriate cost containment techniques including strategic vendor partnerships to reduce overall cost of claims.
- Manages claim recoveries of all types, including but not limited to subrogation, Second Injury Fund recoveries, and Social Security offsets.
- Reports claims to the excess carrier, responds to requests of directions in a professional and timely manner.
- Frequently communicates with all appropriate parties involved with the claim.
- Refers cases as appropriate to management.
- Maintains professional client relationships.
- Actively executes appropriate claims activities to ensure consistent delivery of quality claims service.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for learning company policy and procedure in relation to policy administration and claims first notice of loss. This representative provides a high level of customer service and also provides general administrative support to other departments such as premium audit, premium accounting, and underwriting. The Customer Service Representative must exhibit a degree of competency, productivity, timeliness and accuracy, while exercising appropriate judgment and must also be a team player.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Handle phone, email and live chat requests in a professional and courteous manner
- Resolve insured, broker and claimant inquiries with exceptional customer service
- Process premium audits & payments
- Create payment histories
- Assist callers with Company website and banking site login
- Obtain necessary information to create a claim and perform data entry to setup new claims, create activity notes and search database for coverage
- Send initial claim letters and forms to employers and injured workers
- Collaborate with other team members when assistance is needed
- Complete various related tasks and projects as assigned