Click column header to sort
The Audit Intern is responsible for administrative functions within the audit department and will gain knowledge of the premium audit function at a workers’ compensation insurance carrier. The Audit Intern will assist the audit department by performing the following duties: providing customer service support, processing incoming/outgoing mail, billing final audits per entry guidelines, assisting in-house and independent auditors as needed, reviewing and entering audit invoices, running reports to ensure proper field audit assignments and other general duties as assigned and deemed necessary.
- Handle customer service inquiries via phone and/or e-mail.
- Process incoming/outgoing
- Bill final audits per entry guidelines.
- Obtain audit statuses and assist in-house and independent auditors when
- Review and enter audit invoices for payment.
- Run and analyze reports to ensure all subject policies are field
- Assist audit analysts by providing administrative
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES - MEASUREMENT
- Accuracy - The accuracy of reports and analysis
- Timeliness - Meeting all established deadlines
- Team Player - Willingness to assist others when needed
- Reliability - Consistent attendance and meets deadlines
- Commitment - Adherence and commitment to Audit goals
The Policy Services Representative is responsible for learning company policy and procedure in relation to policy administration, as well as other general policy information. The primary role of the Policy Services Representative is to provide a high level of customer service to company clients and agents regarding their worker’s compensation policies as well as providing general administrative and clerical support to other functional units such as premium audit, premium accounting, and underwriting. The Policy Services Representative must exhibit a degree of competency in their area of responsibility. Productivity, timeliness and accuracy are key, exercising appropriate judgment is critical.
- Responds to client/agent inquiries regarding a variety of premium policy and related issues.
- Achieves a working knowledge of company policies and procedures in relation to policy administration.
- Provides clerical and administrative support for other departments.
- Completes projects as assigned.
Are you ready to lead a high-performance team of Actuarial Team? If so, we want you to join our award-winning workers’ compensation insurance company in sunny San Diego, California. Preferred Employers Insurance is looking for an undergraduate who are actively pursuing a career in the actuarial sciences. The general role of an Actuarial Intern is to assist with departmental projects that enhance internal analytic capabilities and provide business metrics to track company performance. Our summer internship program is designed to provide students with work assignments and projects that are challenging, educational and promote professional development. The candidate will work closely with the actuarial team and upper management and exposed to all aspects of P&C actuarial responsibilities including reserving, pricing, reporting, modeling and segmentation analysis.
Typical projects may include:
- lAd hoc data requests for our underwriting, marketing, and claims departments
- Segmentation analysis to evaluate loss performance
- Economic market trend reports to forecast likely growth markets
- Evaluation of pricing and profitability
- Development of templates to increase internal efficiency
- Technical training: develop SQL, Excel skills
- Learn and apply actuarial concepts
Key Accountabilities - Measurements
- Accuracy - The accuracy of reports and analysis
- Timeliness- Meeting all established deadlines
- Cooperative - Willingness to assist others when needed
- Diligent - Completing assigned tasks and goals
Senior Risk Advisor, you would be responsible for analyzing losses to identify trends at individual businesses or within industries. This role will develop service plans for insured’s to eliminate or control causes of injury frequency and severity, safety management program deficiencies, manager/supervisor training and safety/regulatory program development. Communication is key as it will work closely with internal departments issues that pertain to risk assessment and selection and provide telephone consultation to insured’s on a variety of workers’ compensation risk management issues. The selected individual must be self-motivated and disciplined to work with minimal supervision to coordinate schedule, confirm meetings, and develop safety materials to educate, inform and motivate customer management. The Senior Risk Advisor is expected to exhibit a level of expertise in their area of responsibility, consistently exercising good judgment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the underwriting process by identifying and describing risks and controls for various industries to underwriter.
- Assist with the education of underwriting and claims personnel to expand their knowledge of industry operations, loss sources and control mechanisms.
- Provide consultation to customers on a variety of workers’ compensation risk management topics.
- Analyze and interpret customer injury trends, then develop and implement service plans that improve the quality of the customer’s safety program.
- Confirm customer safety and health service visits, and follow-up on recommendations for completion.
- Create safety programs and materials for specific industries addressing actual/potential loss trends.
- Various safety and health duties as assigned.
A Business Systems Analyst is responsible for working directly with customers to provide support across multiple business systems for our business partners. This role will lead efforts to collect/translate technical business requirements, and developing solutions. They will also be responsible for understanding business process flows, and how changes in corresponding systems may impact the applications they support. Lead team as Scrum Master and help with project management and reporting. This person must be a highly motivated self starter and work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in response to user inquiries.
- Requires strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- Serve as escalation point to research and resolve production support and configuration issues which cannot be resolved by initial triage.
- Individuals in this role are considered application experts and will need to answer “how to” questions in reference to the application.
- Provide recommendations on how to improve system applications, processes and tools
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Communication of expectations and status with members of the company
- Recreate issues and document requirements for bug fixes and/or system enhancements.
- Approximately 50% of tasks are technical in nature including Java development, building and deploying applications, production support, etc.
- Some Project Management and Scrum Master responsibilities
- The other 50% is devoted to analysis, testing, and helping business prioritize initiatives.
- Some travel is required (less than 10%).
The Manager of Sales & Distribution – Central California is responsible for the Central Valley (I-99 Corridor) and Central Coast Sales Territory- Area encompasses region south of Sacramento, south on I-99 to Bakersfield and west to the Central Coast, including San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara up to Monterey/Santa Cruz. This position is all about sales solicitation and the sales management of assigned brokers/producers and generating programs sales. The role involves setting in motion sales plans and driving the necessary strategies and sales actions needed to maximize profitable growth for Preferred Employers in this territory. This is a dual-purpose/dual-role function representing both Preferred Employers Insurance Company and Preferred's captive agency, Preferred Connect Insurance Center, LLC.
Primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop, implement and drive sales plans with both current brokers and new brokers to meet company goals.
- Identify, develop, implement, and manage program sales plans with target groups of business owners to meet both Preferred’s and Preferred Connect’s sales goals.
- Monitor both new sales and retention metrics monthly to ensure premium plan goal achievement.
- Works closely with all company departments to optimize PEI’s brand offering to the marketplace.’ This is an "on-the-road" type function requiring lots of windshield time, high-level of communications skill, direct broker contact and direct selling contact with targeted prospects/clients.
- Job demands ongoing sales prospecting and finding qualifying deals originating from territory.
- Expectation is that candidate will operate out of their automobile, their home office and PEI’s Walnut Creek/San Diego office as needed from time to time.
Join our team of highly skilled Claims Examiners responsible for the analysis and management of workers’ compensation claims. Our Claims Examiners review, investigate, and make decisions regarding coverage, compensability, and appropriateness of claims; as well as process and document claims to ensure compliance with company standards, industry best practices, and legislative provisions. In this position you will act in a fiduciary role on behalf of policyholders, negotiate claim settlements and manage subrogation.
Our Claims Examiners conduct the handling of claims in the utmost of good faith in compliance with the rules, regulations and statutes of the WCAB and State of California. We function with a high degree of competency and sound judgment, coupled with consistent results!
Responsibilities for this opportunity include:
- Analyzing and processing workers’ compensation claims by investigating and gathering information to determine the exposure on the claim.
- Negotiating the settlement of claims up to designated authority level and making claims payments.
- Calculating and assigning timely and appropriate reserves to claims and continuing to manage reserve adequacy throughout the life of the claim.
- Calculating and paying benefits due; approving all claim payments; and settling claims within designated authority level.
- Developing and managing claims through well-developed action plans; continuing to work the action plan to bring the claim to an appropriate and timely resolution.
- Preparing necessary state filings within statutory limits.
- Actively managing the litigation process; ensuring timely and cost effective claims resolution.
- Coordinating vendor referrals for additional investigation and/or litigation management.
- Using appropriate cost containment techniques including strategic vendor partnerships to reduce overall cost of claims.
- Managing claim recoveries of all types, including but not limited to subrogation, Second Injury Fund recoveries, and Social Security offsets.
- Reporting claims to the excess carrier, responds to requests of directions in a professional and timely manner.
- Frequently communicating with all appropriate parties involved with the claim.
- Referring cases as appropriate to management.
- Maintaining professional client relationships.
- Actively executing appropriate claims activities to ensure consistent delivery of quality claims service.
Are you ready to lead a high-performance team of Premium Auditors? If so, we want you to join our award-winning workers’ compensation insurance company in sunny San Diego, California.
This position is responsible for the supervision of daily work in our Premium Audit Department including: quality control, productivity, and managing internal and external auditors. This role is primarily focused on motivating, encouraging and coaching team members to be the best they can be at providing quality service to our customers. The job also involves delivering and facilitating employee training and development and, ensuring that processes, procedures and workflows are as customer-friendly and employee-friendly as possible.
Preferred Employers Insurance is a member company of the W. R. Berkley Corporation, a Fortune 500 company rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company. Take your career to the next level and join us! Find out why we are the preferred workers’ compensation insurance solution for California employers.
- Professional career growth opportunities
- Benefits that include 401K and profit sharing
- A friendly, energetic and family-oriented workplace
- One of “The Best Places to Work” in San Diego per the SD Business Journal