Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for processing payments of direct and agency bill accounts. This position reports to the AVP, Finance.
- Process payments for insureds
- Respond to insureds emails and phone calls, researching issues and responding in a timely manner
- Working up and tracking claim deductible invoices and payments
- Follow up on rejected payments and NSF’s
- Invoicing external policies and submitting invoices for payment
- Special projects as assigned by Management or supervisor
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes as needed
The person in this position will function as a member of the Finance Team supporting the mission of the Finance Department, IDI and WR Berkley. The person in this position will be part of the team responsible for the monthly, quarterly and year end accounting close processes as well as Sarbanes-Oxley controls. Outside of the closing process, the position will be exposed to the company’s accounts receivable and payable processes. The position is located in a corporate office environment in Overland Park, KS with minimal required travel and reports to the AVP, Finance.
Key player in most aspects of the day to day financial reporting functions including, but not limited to:
• Month end closings
• Account analysis/reconciliations
• Timely resolution of reconciling items
• Demonstrate appropriate understanding/working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them.
• Develop and document business/accounting processes, workflows and controls with a continuous improvement mindset that constantly looks to improve operating efficiencies while maintaining or strengthening internal controls.
• Understand and facilitate the integration of business processes, people, and relevant technology, in order to identify, configure, and communicate useful information to aid business decision making across the company.
• Prepare timely and accurate operating unit financial statements and analysis compared to budget and prior periods.
• Partner with department leaders to prepare IDI forecast and budget.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as necessary to assure the overall success of the Finance Team.
Intrepid Direct is looking for a Quality Engineer to directly contribute to our manual and automation testing initiatives. This opportunity will have direct influence on how our testing initiatives evolve into a more automated and scalable approach. You’ll primarily be working with our operations and engineering teams to review requirements, manage test cases, find more efficient ways to ensure solutions being developed meet the needs of our customers, adhere to best practices, and team standards.
You’ll like this job if…
- You wake up in the morning thinking about quality.
- You are a continuous learner.
- You take it as a challenge to try and “break” solutions.
- You are detail oriented and are comfortable wearing multiple hats to drive results.
- You enjoy trying to find defects and opportunities for improvement.
- You like to find ways to automate redundant activities
- You are excited to work with individuals across all levels and disciplines of a rapidly growing, rapidly evolving, direct to business insurance provider.
- Autonomy and an environment that encourages independent learning sounds like fun.
- Be a team player
- Maintain existing smoke and regression test scripts
- Participate in grooming and planning meetings to understand upcoming changes and impacts they may have on existing test cases
- Develop new test cases based on feature development
- Ability to investigate, isolate, and tackle technical issues across the Intrepid ecosystem using automated and manual testing methodologies
- Follow existing documented processes and look for more efficient ways to accomplish desired outcomes
- Help convert manual test cases to automated tests using Cypress
- Ability to concisely document and explain defects found
- Report and escalate blockers
- Participate in test case peer reviews
- Assumes other tasks and duties as assigned by management