Click column header to sort
We are seeking an experienced Senior Complex Claims Specialist to join our team at Intrepid Direct Insurance. In this role, you will be responsible for handling complex and high-value insurance claims, providing expert guidance, and ensuring timely and accurate resolution. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of insurance policies, exceptional problem-solving skills, and the ability to collaborate with various stakeholders.
Key functions include but are not limited to:
- Evaluate and assess complex insurance claims to determine coverage, liability, and potential fraud, ensuring adherence to company policies and industry regulations.
- Conduct thorough investigations, including gathering documentation, statements, and evidence, to support claims decisions and mitigate risks.
- Communicate effectively with policyholders, claimants, legal representatives, and other relevant parties to explain claim decisions, negotiate settlements, and address inquiries.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including underwriting, and actuarial departments, to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the claims process and contribute to process improvements.
- Provide quality customer service and ensure file quality, timely coverage analysis and communication with insured based on application of policy information to facts or allegations of each case.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate initial and subsequent loss and expense reserves throughout the life of the claim.
- Develop litigation plan with defense or coverage counsel, including discovery and legal expenses, to assure effective resolution and to satisfy customers.
- Attend depositions, mediations, arbitrations, pre-trials, trials and all other legal proceedings, as needed.
- Managing vendors involved with claim files, i.e. Independent Adjusters, Defense Attorneys, and Coverage Counsel.
Intrepid Direct Insurance is looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to mentor, orchestrate, implement, and monitor the flow through our organization. This opportunity will have a direct influence on how data is made available to our business units, as well as our customers. You’ll primarily be working with our operations and engineering teams to create and enhance data pipelines, conform and enrich data, and deliver information to business users. Learn the ins and outs of what we do so that you can focus on improving availability and quality of the data we use to service our customers.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with long-term strategic planning for modern data warehousing needs.
- Contribute to data modeling exercises and the buildout of our data warehouse.
- Monitor, support, and analyze existing pipelines and recommend performance and process improvements to address gaps in existing processes.
- Automate manual processes owned by data team.
- Troubleshoot and remediate ingestion and reporting related issues.
- Design and build new pipelines to ingest data from additional disparate sources.
- Responsible for the accuracy and availability of data in our data warehouse.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to develop data-driven solutions that align with our business and technical needs.
- Create and deploy reports as needed.
- Assist with cataloging and classifying existing data sets.
- Participate in peer reviews with emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Respond to regulatory requests for information.
- Assumes other tasks and duties as assigned by management.
- Mentor team members and advise on best practices.
The SVP of Marketing and Sales is responsible for the vision and execution of Intrepid Direct’s aggressive growth strategy. Innovative marketing tactics, investment, and creativeness are required to increase new business and achieve our business goals. Building upon our sales team’s success, the SVP Marketing and Sales will provide the leadership and vision to chart an exciting future. Intrepid Direct’s value proposition is second to none in the industry and our retention is over 90%! Our core focus is ‘making life better for business’. IDI challenges the traditional insurance paradigm: we have a direct-to-customer business model; we are experts in the businesses we insure; we are committed to making the insurance process simple. These are the pillars we market and sell.
This position will be an active member of the executive leadership team, contributing to the strategy and success of the entire company. This is an exciting new position, and we are looking for a leader to join an established talented team and a company with big aspirations!
Key functions include but are not limited to:
- Lead marketing and sales teams and strategize with the Intrepid leadership team to achieve annual growth goals for new business
- Effectively use and acquire data to make better decisions
- Set KPIs for marketing and sales
- Collaborate with the CRM (Salesforce) team and data engineering team to ensure our platforms enable our marketing and sales team to meet growth objectives.
- Walk in the shoes of our customers in each of our defined verticals to understand how our value proposition can have a positive impact.
- Own the Intrepid Direct brand.
- Collaborate with team members across all departments to learn their value proposition.
- Set and manage the marketing and sales budget effectively.
- Measure activity to drive positive ROI on all investment strategies.
- Set and monitor sales compensation structure.
- Lead advertising and marketing vendor selection.
Intrepid Direct is looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join our growing Engineering organization as we continue to advance our technology portfolio to support the company’s growth objectives. You will work with business subject matter experts to develop business requirements and translate these requirements into meaningful stories. You will help to develop project demos and liaise closely with the development team to both explain the requirements and provide feedback on features under development. This role will work closely with our Senior Technical Program Manager to help refine and deliver our technology portfolio roadmap.
Key functions include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the main point of contact for all questions or concerns from our internal customers.
- Works with end users and internal staff to develop and translate business and functional requirements for support and project deliverables.
- Performs light project management duties such as scheduling and facilitating meetings, taking meeting notes, and setting production delivery dates.
- Answers engineer and end user questions throughout the software development life cycle.
- Lead the development and translation of operational business requirements for workflow solutions, modifications, enhancements, etc., liaising with Engineering/other internal and external stakeholders to help achieve business outcomes.
- Facilitate user acceptance tester on assigned projects.
- Partners with leaders at all levels to determine the best solution(s) to support their day-to-day business needs.
- Develops positive, lasting relationships both internally and externally.
- Clarifies and escalates issue gaps through the change management process.
- Provides end-user training and product presentations.
- Suggests improvements in processes used for requirements gathering, design specifications, and software implementations.
The Sales Director is responsible for large account (over $150,000 premium) new business production within their assigned vertical and brands. This role requires an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Intrepid Direct’s products and services and how we differentiate ourselves from other insurance providers. This Director will have to be strategic minded to meet growth goals. Working with large account the ability to present, negotiate, and communicate with C-Suite level individuals is critical. Responsibilities also include maintaining current, and developing new, client and vendor relationships.
- Meet large account new business goals in assigned vertical and brands
- Implement strategy to meet or exceed growth, retention within assigned verticals/book of business
- Build relationships with clients, prospects, and vendors to foster great knowledge and trust with assigned clients and segments/verticals.
- Assist the CSA team in having our historical high retention of clientele in assigned verticals and brands
- Ability to have analytical communications internally and externally. Discussing loss trends, claims, and premium implications for a book of business or for individual large insureds.
- Identify opportunity in assigned markets for risk management and innovations for improving our offering
- Learn the competitive landscape and share with team Maintain and leverage data on our CRM (Salesforce)
- Prospecting activity documented with objective to meet sales goals
- Work closely with our marketing team to strategize on best approaches and investment
- Collaborate with Underwriting, CSAs, Marketing and other stakeholders to ensure knowledge sharing on market trends, brand changes and risk management developments
- Lead stewardship process for large clients during the year.
- Identify and attend conferences to assist in meeting sales goals.
- Perform other duties and/or projects as assigned by manager
- Continuous learner of coverages and risk management in assigned brand or industry
The Underwriting Manager is responsible for the company’s production underwriting team located in the Nashville office. This critical new role will have the unique and exciting opportunity to recruit and hire the underwriting team in Nashville. Intrepid writes package and worker’s compensation property and casualty policies for a variety of targeted verticals. Typical accounts range from under $100,000 to well over $1,000,000. The position requires an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Intrepid underwriting goals, guidelines, targeted verticals, processes & data as well as understanding how these items interact with other departments.
The role will lead a team of underwriters, execute on underwriting strategies, manage workflow, set and monitor KPIs, and drive account profitability. This leader will contribute to the high-level underwriting philosophy as a member of the underwriting leadership team.
- Proven leader that can effectively build and manage a team
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a profitable book of business
- Multi-line experience with all commercial lines of business including Property, General Liability, Automobile, Umbrella, and Workers Compensation
- Strong background using data analysis to guide underwriting philosophy and decision making
- Extensive experience underwriting different classes of business in various parts of the country
- Experience underwriting middle market to alternative risk/large account/loss sensitive accounts; depth of understanding loss picks and working with Actuary
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication
- Experience working in a direct agency model a plus
- Completion of, or progress towards, the CPCU or other applicable professional insurances designations
The Senior Sales Representative is responsible for new business production for accounts generating under $150,000 premium within a target defined brand or vertical. This role requires an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Intrepid Direct’s products and services and how we differentiate ourselves from other providers. The Senior Rep will assist with strategy with assigned brands and verticals with Intrepid’s sales leadership team and other Intrepid departments.
- Meet new business goals with accounts under $150,000 in assigned verticals or brands.
- Utilize CRM system in order to effectively, improves prospect data, and follows processes
- Strategically educate and develop new business opportunities to make the buying decision based upon Intrepid’s value proposition
- Stays up to date with current insurance marketplace and clients’ industries
- Assist underwriting in account and industry evaluation to drive profitability
- Sales ownership of a specific brand or target market
- Participate in data gathering and research of new possible verticals
- Collaborate with Marketing on a regular basis to develop messaging and tools needed to reach sales objectives
- Supports and collaborates with internal Client Success Advisor team and underwriting on account approach and plan for success
- Support and assist Marketing in the management of tradeshow selection, scheduling, set up and execution
- Attends and represents Intrepid at industry and brand events
- Develops and maintains high-level relationships with brand influencers owners and account decision makers to grow network in assigned brand or vertical
Our team needs a Client Success Advisor with a broad skill set who can help build on our success to date and propel us to the next level in the future. As a member of a rapidly growing company you’ll have a wide range of responsibilities, everything from working closely with new franchisee prospects to helping current clients with their renewals, as well as daily service needs. The Client Success Advisor will provide superior customer service to our clients for their Property and Casualty insurance needs. The Client Success Advisor will be a team player. As Intrepid Direct Insurance grows, it is important that all employees work together to achieve our goals.
You’ll like this job if…
- You’ve ever been told you’re a “people-person”
- Finding solutions is your version of a treasure hunt
- You’re always looking for ways to work smarter and more efficiently
- You’re a fellow insurance nerd, who enjoys learning new coverages and industries
- You love building long lasting relationships with clients
- "Service" is your middle name
- You're looking for a company who recognizes and rewards positive contributions byway of financial growth and career advancement
- Become an insurance expert in Intrepid Direct’s customer risk types
- Work directly with large insureds and prospects to provide initial quotes, renewalquotes, and ongoing daily service
- Assist in marketing and prospecting
- Work with urgency to complete customer requests
- Assist in training Client Success Advisors
- Lead strategy implementation for large accounts for both servicing and loss control
- Manage large-account specific projects including but not limited to telematicsimplementation & monitoring
- Visit large accounts and attend conventions on an as-needed basis
- Partner with Underwriting department to assist in risk selection
- Provide outstanding customer service with each customer contact point
Join the development team responsible for creating a new online platform for a company focused on delivering value to its customers through the extensive use of technology. As part of the initial launch/development team you will have the opportunity to participate and influence the system from the ground up.
At Intrepid we value innovation above all else. We have created a community where we have redefined the word “mistakes” as “learning opportunities” and encourage our employees to break out from the familiar. We foster open mindedness and intellectual humility in order to create a safe and inviting work environment for employees to think outside the box. As an integral part of the team, the role is responsible for leading and innovating new and better ways to add value for clients and then working with colleagues in other departments to make the ideas come to life.
You’ll like this job if…
• You are curious and like solving problems
• You value pragmatism and efficiency
• You value autonomy
• You prefer to see the value your work brings to others
• Participate in an agile team environment
• Participate in technical design discussions
• Participate in peer code reviews
• Participate in team retrospectives
• Provide direct feedback and constructive criticism, so the team gets better together.
• Be accountable
• Be a critical thinker
• Be a problem solver