Click column header to sort
The Marketing Communications Coordinator serves as a valued member of CWGs Marketing Team. Creates and edits content for use across all platforms, including internet, e-mail, print and social media. They will be tasked to continue to hone the voice of CWG though the creation of communications. Supports the company through the coordination of consistent branding and marketing messages. Works in collaboration with marketing team members to push a cohesive brand voice and message.
- Updates and manages marketing content calendar.
- Coordinates, creates and posts social media within established guidelines by W.R. Berkley and Continental Western Group.
- Works with internal SMEs to create/edit product and service collateral and craft through leadership materials including articles, white papers and webinars.
- Creates and Updates web content to ensure the most current and updated data is available on-line.
- Gains appropriate approval on content from the impacted functional departments.
- Integrates activities with the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform creating efficiencies and marketing automation where possible.
The Underwriting Assistant role with CWG offers the unique opportunity to learn and grow within Commercial Underwriting.
This role works directly with a dedicated underwriting team and offers contact with team members and agents allowing for the progression of commercial knowledge.
- Supports Underwriter by reviewing incoming correspondence and applications to determine proper procedural action. Examines information provided in the application and related resources to determine if risk meets established eligibility guidelines. Consults agent or obtains reports for Underwriter when additional information is necessary. Routes risk-involved matters that are beyond assigned authority level to Underwriter for evaluation. Maintains established department service and quality standards.
- Prepares quotes or accepts and prices new commercial property/casualty accounts that meet established risk selection criteria and are within the Underwriting Assistant’s assigned authority level.
- Evaluates renewal commercial property/casualty accounts and endorsements, within authority level, by reviewing updated account information, claims experience, loss control surveys, risk acceptability and pricing. Consults agent for additional information when necessary. Within authority, determines if account will be renewed or cancelled.
- Develops and maintains professional, productive working relationships with agency force to encourage profitability, growth and good understanding of our Company’s pricing and risk selection philosophy. Assists agents with questions regarding account.
The Commercial Product Manager is responsible for the company’s product portfolio. Regularly reviews and manages the product set (feature/functionality) for appropriateness of financials, marketing strategy, market competitiveness, customer experience, regulatory compliance, risk management, as well as efficiency of performance and go-to-market delivery. Synchronizes all related functional areas related to product design, pricing and management for the successful roll outs of projects and/or products.
- Assumes accountability for the oversight and progression of business projects (Underwriting and Actuarial) to achieve desired company business objectives. Owns assigned product lines in the following ways: acts as single point of contact for the end user; ensures the right features are developed; and sets strategic alignment and prioritizing. Shares a passion of collaboration and execution in conjunction with IT partners.
- Leads project prioritization and ensures roll out effectiveness. Coordinates and prioritizes all projects, technologies, and software and hardware changes. Participates in special committees to achieve desired project and/or product outcome.
- Collaborates and communicates with all business units to develop and prepare for all changes in underwriting procedures and directions to maintain compliance. Monitors timelines throughout project life. Makes recommendations to revise project and/or product plans on an on-going basis.
- Reviews all current proprietary forms (for all lines of business) to ensure compliance against ISO filings and compliance against the company’s strategic goals and vision. Initiates and managers projects for form changes and monitors and reviews circulars, law changes and market trends against the company’s legacy portfolio. Ensures that any/all coverage changes made in the past and future forward do not subject the company to any possible claim reformation situations.
- Works with Staff Underwriting to ensure underwriting guidelines align with rate plan and product changes and align with corporate strategy.
- Serves as a liaison and technical product/project resource contact for the Pricing, Underwriting, Processing, Claims, Sales and IT/BTS departments.
- Works with Berkley regional product managers to coordinate shared regional projects within the Berkley regional framework.
The Underwriting Consultant will function as the Food Specialty program lead, providing food product expertise across the organization. This position will function as a subject-matter-expert, responsible for program development and strategy. Will lead the execution of program goals including the refinement of underwriting guidelines, driving pipeline growth, the addition of new agency relationships and managing exposures in achieving the company’s strategy, growth and profitability objectives.
- Provides technical underwriting expertise and support the food specialty program in achieving the company’s strategy, growth, and profitability objectives. Analyzes competitive market intelligence to identify trends. Provides guidance regarding the unit’s performance, financial results, profitability, business mix, competitors, and market trends. Recommends adjustments as they relate to financial targets.
- Serves as a technical underwriting resource for Business Development, Risk Services, Claims and Premium Audit staffs. Includes specific subject-matter-expertise for industry fields or lines of business, where appropriate. Provides guidance on technically complex referrals from field underwriting operations including coverage design and reinsurance. Monitors facultative reinsurance placements.
- Participates in Business Development activities, including consultation with underwriters on individual renewals and new business opportunities. Includes direct interaction with agencies and review of opportunities with Business Development and Marketing teams. May include direct underwriting of individual risks, including review and acceptance of risk, quote and negotiation of terms, and issuance of policy with appropriate terms and conditions.
- May include direct interaction with key customers or prospects to manage services and to demonstrate expertise and credibility on behalf of the company. May include attendance of industry events or trade conferences to further develop expertise and enhance company presence in the industry.
- Performs periodic reviews portfolio-level review of accounts and trends to ensure sound underwriting practices. Conducts underwriting audits of individual risks for compliance with company guidelines, state regulations, and reinsurance. Develops and amends company underwriting rules and guidelines.
- Participates in development and/or delivery of training material for the regional or business unit staff. Includes customized training, provided to groups or individuals, specific to areas of defined subject-matter-expertise, or other areas as needed. May include review of candidates and participation in the hiring process for individual underwriters, including onboarding based on subject-matter-expertise.
Surveys business operations and consults with policyholders and underwriting to determine the type and level of exposures and controls needed. Determines customers’ ability to control the exposures by gathering information through physical surveys, program audits, loss history analysis, comparison to industry standards and customer interviews. Provides training, mentoring, specialized technical advice and counsel to staff and customers. Assists Underwriters with risk selection and ongoing account management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Surveys commercial properties such as buildings, industrial operations, agri-business operations, and commercial vehicles to evaluate physical conditions, safety practices, and hazardous situations according to knowledge of safety standards, established underwriting guidelines and governmental regulations. Utilizes experience and technical expertise to survey large or complex operations as requested by supervisor/manager. Observes business operations and management practices to determine safety issues and hazards. Analyzes history of accidents and claims and inspects scenes of accidents to determine causes and to consult in development of accident prevention programs. Measures insured area(s), records description of operations, and photographs or drafts scale drawings of properties, to identify factors affecting risk acceptability and insurance premiums. 30%
Consults with insured in regard to activities and programs to control losses and improve safety. Confers with employees of insured, provides informational materials, and conducts training as needed induce compliance with safety standards, codes, and regulations. 10%
Prepares timely written reports of findings to assist the Underwriter’s risk selection process and makes recommendation to help accounts reduce potential for loss. 40%
Provides training, mentoring, specialized technical advice and counsel to internal staff regarding regulations, hazards and controls associated with area(s) of expertise. 5%
Maintains knowledge of regulatory standards (OSHA, DOT) and local and national codes (NFPA, ICC) through participation in continuing education opportunities. Performs miscellaneous office duties not limited to answering phone calls, emails and completing schedules, etc. 15%
Performs other related duties as assigned by management.