Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
Works independently handling large and/or complex commercial property claims in a prompt, equitable manner. Directs origin and cause investigation, analyzes coverage and reserves while managing all damage components of the loss; negotiates settlement and conclusion of assigned claims.
Specific Duties• Performs on-site investigations, analyzes coverage, evaluates exposures, establishes accurate reserves and manages settlement or conclusion of large and/or complex, commercial property claims• Re-evaluates exposures and reserves during the life of the claim• Confers with Claims Manager to inform, solicit input and strategize • Coordinates investigation, including subrogation, arbitration and salvage recovery • Provides technical advice, direction and mentoring to the Claims staff on commercial property and third-party property damage claims• Assists staff with subrogation and property demand reviews.• Coordinates with lead adjusters/managers on pending claim files requiring additional investigation, confirmation of coverage on our largest claims• Assists in handling claims, when necessary, during CAT execution• Correctly enters data into claim and related systems for reporting purposes.
May perform other functions as assigned.
The Vice President, Claims is responsible for the overall management and direction of the claims department. Equally as important, participation on the Executive Team, that establishes the strategic direction for the company and ensures the overall profitability and success of the company in the human services market.
Member of Executive Team
- Proactive participation on Executive Team which establishes and executes the strategic direction of the company
- Work closely with the CEO to discuss, evaluate, and implement strategic directions for the claims operation that supports the overall direction of the company
- Establish solid relationships with other members of the Executive Team in order to improve team performance
- Be able to clearly communicate strategic direction to both internal resources and outside partners and insureds
Overall Management of Claims Operation
- Manage a team of claims professionals by establishing clear performance metrics
- Implement strong policies and procedures designed to produce the desired results
- Ensure the continual professional development of claims professionals on the team by coordinating both internal and external training and development opportunities
- Develop and implement claim best practices for proper and consistent claim performance, compliance and achievement of business goals
- Establish clear reserving standards and ensure that those standards are continually met
- Identify issues and trends in the portfolio; take appropriate and/or corrective action where necessary; communicate trends to underwriters, insureds and brokers
- Identify claims with significant exposure and take a more active role coordinating a strategy for an appropriate resolution
- Coordinate with underwriting on current and proposed policy language and new markets to enter
- Cultivate a departmental culture that excels in communication and collaboration
- Drives the development, implementation and continuous planning, organizing and leading of all claim programs, metrics, processes, results and initiatives
Develop Berkley Human Services into a “Thought Leader” within the human services marketplace
- Proactively establish relationships with brokers and insureds in order to maximize the competitive advantage derived from the claims operation.
- Develop and manage the reputation of BHS’s claims handling in the market
- Attend industry conventions and events and become a sought out thought leader on developing issues
- Attend marketing, account renewal, and reinsurance meetings as appropriate in order to communicate our claims handling philosophy and leading position in this area
- Instill the above philosophies into all claims professionals at the company
- Work closely with company’s loss control function to provide value-added services to our insureds that reduce our exposure to loss
Liaison to both internal and external partners of the company
- Liaison with parent company, WR Berkley, on significant individual claims and trends identified in the overall portfolio
- Communicate portfolio trends and potential solutions to underwriting and actuarial areas
- Participate on quarterly performance calls with parent company in anticipation of earnings releases