Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
- Prepare, complete and assign new claims in claim system per department requirements.
- Manage receipts and acknowledgement of Workers Compensation claims and responding to inquiries from involved parties.
- Answer customer’s questions by phone and email including inquiries from insureds, brokers, injured workers and medical providers.
- Interact positively, professionally and collaboratively with all levels of employees in various departments.
- Use document capture software to drop documents into the claim files.
- Assist examiners with state form filings, copy work and payment requests as directed by examiners and management.
- Must be able to work alongside claims examiner as a partner.
- Be open to learning necessary protocols, guidelines and state nuances
- Perform other duties as assigned
All trainees will:
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the insurance industry
- Learn the property, casualty and environmental products underwritten by Berkley Environmental
- Learn the workflows, guidelines and processing steps within the business units
- Learn to interact and collaborate with colleagues within the business units
- Gain an understanding of key business unit strategies and how the strategies are incorporated in the overall corporate strategies
- Develop relationships with Home Office employees and leadership within the organization
- Learn insurance, medical, construction, environmental, and legal terminologies and concepts.
- Develop strong customer service skills
Our Underwriting Associates will:
- Learn to underwrite Berkley Environmental products (risk assessment, regulatory compliance, financial analysis and develop decision making skills)
- Assist in underwriting and pricing accounts in accordance with business strategies. Formulate and communicate recommendations based on learned underwriting skills
- Learn how to perform a financial analysis on the audited/reviewed financials or other financial information of insures using appropriate tools
- Create and solicit renewal applications from the broker after reviewing the expiring policy and loss information. Communicate with the broker what is needed for the renewal and any changes to the terms and conditions of the policy
- Underwrite endorsement requests from brokers and forward to the underwriting assistant to issue
- Develop marketing skills with our agents, brokers and clients
- Complete INS21, INS 22, & INS 23 courses
Our Claim Associates will:
- Develop claims handling skills including customer service and interpersonal business skills
- Develop claim negotiation strategies and reserving techniques
- Learn to conduct accurate and timely loss and coverage investigations on claims involving worker’s compensation, business auto, commercial liability and pollution/ professional liability policies
- Recognize and properly address coverage issues, potential fraud, and subrogation
- Attend mediations
- Obtain Texas adjuster license
Berkley Environmental is looking for an enthusiastic Business Analyst to partner between operations, IT and our business units to provide support. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves as a conduit between the business community and IT
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Assist in the collection and consolidation of information to document the business requirements on project initiatives
- Effective communication with internal teams and external vendors to deliver functional requirements like user screen and interface designs
- Provides backup for other Business/Operations Analyst team members
- Review, recommend and update policies and procedures to improve performance, company policies and business processes.
- Strive to consistently improve the overall efficiency, value, and internal support of the operations.
- Enhance workflow and cross-departmental engagements
- Develop working relationships with internal working counterparts (IT, accounting, claims, underwriting and others) to facilitate productive exchanges of information to improve efficiency and promote compliance.
The Underwriting Assistant is responsible to assist and support underwriters with the administration of quoting, rating and issuance of new business, quotes, renewals and endorsements. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Policy rating (all states, multi-line).
- Obtain necessary information from Underwriters to complete tasks as needed.
- Work within established guidelines for processing quotes and issuing policies in our policy issuance system.
- Miscellaneous administrative duties such as scanning documents, pulling posting notices and Proof of Coverage (POC) entry.
- Responsible for the administration of policy issuance from quote through issuance.
- Ensure that endorsements and policies are processed accurately and remitted back to the broker timely.
- Clear accounts in Underwriting System.
- Ensure electronic files are organized and setup for reviewing.
- Solicit renewal applications from the broker.
- Respond to Bureau Crits as necessary.
- Pull from the system or from other sources Loss runs and MVR’s as necessary.
- Process Audits
- Other Underwriting Assistant duties as deemed by the Environmental Regional VP.