Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The Marine Underwriter is responsible for underwriting profitable new and renewal business to meet marine targets in accordance with underwriting guidelines and authority. S/he negotiates prices, terms and conditions and assumes ownership of key accounts and while maintaining strong relationships with Producers. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the development and execution of marine underwriting strategy for the company.
- Underwriting new and renewal accounts to meet the top and bottom line targets, in accordance with established underwriting guidelines and authorities.
- Ensuring accurate policy documentation is issued to producers in accordance with established service standards.
- Proactively supporting the acquisition of new business and retention of existing business (including client and producer negotiations where necessary)
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key producers, clients and other relevant stakeholders.
- Supervising and developing junior staff
The Marine Underwriting Associate will provide support on new and existing business and will learn all aspects of the underwriting process. This is an excellent opportunity for a professional and motivated individual to build his/her career in underwriting. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing new and renewal submissions to be reviewed by underwriters and assisting in the rating process.
- Correspond with brokers to gather information needed to evaluate risk characteristics, financials, loss experience, etc.
- Creating and issuing timely, accurate documentation consisting of quotes, binders, policies, endorsements, and invoices.
- Handling premium booking and working closely with the Accounting Department to resolve any payment questions or discrepancies.
- Maintaining various databases used to track and analyze the profile and performance of the overall book of business, with specific focus on certain classes of business and geographic regions.
- Enhancing technical knowledge through courses provided by the American Institute of Marine Underwriters, The School of Risk Management, Insurance and Actuarial Science, etc
The Underwriting Assistant provides administrative support to a team of Underwriters and Underwriting Leaders. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepares accounts for renewal by conducting claims checks, preparing a brief financial analysis, and researching recent corporate events.
- Assists underwriters in the quoting, binding, and issuance process by using proprietary systems to generate the necessary letters and documents.
- Handles all premium entry using proprietary systems for all new and renewal accounts and endorsements.
- Works with the finance department to reconcile any accounting discrepancies.
- Compiles client meeting preparation documents for Management use.
- Maintains other spreadsheets / databases as required.
- Maintains accurate policy files on bound and lost business accounts by scanning and uploading necessary documents on a weekly basis.
- Prepares for and participates on group underwriting conference calls conducted in advance of quoting.