Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The Vice President of Ocean Cargo provides leadership and direction over the new ocean cargo underwriting function within Berkley Offshore marine division. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Create product offerings, support the development and execution of underwriting strategy within ocean cargo line of business within the Berkley Offshore marine division.
- Underwrite new and renewal accounts to meet the top and bottom line targets, in accordance with established underwriting guidelines and authorities.
- Ensure accurate policy documentation is issued to producers in accordance with established service standards.
- Proactively support the acquisition of new business and retention of existing business (including client and producer negotiations where necessary) for profitable production of ocean cargo business.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key producers, clients and other relevant stakeholders.
- Help build and develop underwriting team as ocean cargo line of business expands.
The Senior Accountant will be involved in all accounting and reporting functions as well as any financial projects. The incumbent will be integral to the Finance Department and will be responsible for the accurate processing and preparation of the monthly/quarterly financial data. This position will require satisfactory completion of daily, weekly, and monthly accounting tasks and activities, which include cash applications, accounts payable, account reconciliations, intercompany transactions and settlements, and maintaining the general ledger. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly journal entries
- Apply cash collections and resolve outstanding AR balances
- Develop, implement, and document efficiencies in accounting processes
- Work with the CFO and AVP in month/quarter end processes including preparation of account reconciliations and other closing analyses and reports
- Assist in the completion of the Quarterly CFO package
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with parent company and affiliate personnel
- Assist in the Annual Planning Process
- Assist in quarterly Schedule F submissions
- Assist in the non-IT Sarbanes – Oxley Compliance
- Monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
- Participate in audit processes, including audits conducted by external public accountants, state regulatory examiners and parent company auditors
- Have an understanding of reinsurance contracts and accounting
- Complete Excess of Loss and Quota Share reinsurance calculations
- Complete balance sheet and income statement reconciliations
- Keep CFO and AVP apprised of any issues that may impact timely and accurate financial reporting
- Review monthly T&E reports for accurate account coding and adequate support documentation