We are looking for an experienced Data Analytics Specialist to join our Business Intelligence team. The ideal candidate has exceptional analytical skills and is adept at solving complex problems and creating elegant business solutions. The Data Analytics Specialist assesses basic information needs, designs studies, analyzes results and delivers key findings in support of business leaders.
- Supports modeling and developing data warehouse programs of low to moderate complexity ensuring business needs are met. Analyzes metrics and supports audit of source data.
- Assists in identifying short- and long-term data and analytics goals related to business objectives. Measures the effectiveness of the data and analytics strategies in driving performance improvement.
- Assists in preparing ad-hoc and recurring reports using appropriate programming languages and software tools. Analyzes financial implications of business decisions and identifies approaches to resolve business problems. Monitors and reports on progress and results as requested.
- Analyzes current landscape and trends to assist in planning. Recommends changes to business strategies and tactics as appropriate.
- Creates files that include topics related to the industry, competitors, products, service innovations and trends. Works with specialists to develop, communicate and enforce standards for proper documentation and organization of electronic files, data and deliverables.
- Acts as a key contributor to all phases of the design and development lifecycle of analytic applications utilizing various BI technology platforms
- Authors design documentation, assesses technical feasibility for proposed solutions, writes code and develops automated tests
Demonstrates a high level of engagement and actively contributes to the overall goals of the Business Intelligence Team
IL, Chicago - 233 S Wacker Drive - Suite 3900
This position is part of the D&O underwriting segment for Berkley Select and supports the achievement of established department goals related to profit, growth, customer service and producer relations. Evaluate risk characteristics to determine potential business opportunities in accordance with guidelines and philosophy. Develop and maintain assigned brokerage relationships.
- Manage key and/or target broker relationships and expectations.
- Manage the expectations of and communicate underwriting decisions, requirements, and philosophies to brokerage community.
- Maintain producer / agency contact log information in electronic databases.
- Assist in distributing business opportunities to underwriting team members to achieve efficient and effective underwriting (based on work flow, ability and priority).
- Provide final approval and guidance on risk analysis presented by members of the underwriting department in accordance with authority levels.
- Evaluate risk characteristics of submissions to determine business opportunities in accordance with guidelines and company philosophy.
- Price, design and recommend policy format for quoted submissions.
- Review underwriting documents for accuracy prior to their release to brokers and/or company clients.
- Discuss, analyze and interpret Berkley Select policy forms and coverage issues.
- Suggest and/or develop endorsements.
- Provide research assistance in analyzing competitor forms.
- Discuss, analyze and interpret industry policy form and coverage enhancements.
- Assist with training other members of the underwriting and/or support staff on underwriting procedures.
- Receive, accept and follow up for and evaluate additional information for submissions on hold status.
- Follow up with producer to collect accurate lost quotation information.
- Receive, accept and evaluate binder conditions.
- Special projects as assigned.
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.