Responsible for the handling, oversight and overall management of complex professional liability claims, primarily Employment Practices Liability (EPL) claims, but also some private company Directors and Officers (D&O). Recognized as a technical expert in the interpretation of complex or unusual claims-made policy coverages. Under limited management direction, will analyze, coordinate and resolve claims within assigned limits of broad authority.
- Manages complex investigations of professional liability claims including coverage issues, liability, compensability and damages. Determines if a major claim should be settled or litigated and implements an appropriate resolution strategy accordingly. Effectively manages loss costs and claim expenses.
- Manages all types of investigative activity or litigation on major claims, including the posting of appropriate reserves in a timely manner. Coordinates discovery and litigation strategy with panel attorneys and/or counsel retained by the insured.
- Negotiates complex settlement packages, and authorizes payment within scope of authority, settling claims in the most cost effective manner and ensuring timely issuance of disbursements.
- Makes recommendations on claims processes and resolution strategies to management.
- Analyzes claim activities; prepares and presents reports to management and other internal business partners and clients.
- Works with attorneys, account representatives, agents, and insureds regarding the handling and/or disposition of highly complex claims.
- Provides guidance and assistance to less experienced claims staff and other functional areas.
- Interaction and consultation with business partners including underwriting, agents and management regarding industry activity and trends.
- Coordinate payment of attorney/vendor claim expenses and fees in a timely manner.
IL, Chicago - 550 W Jackson Blvd - 4th Floor
Responsibilities include helping to prepare test plans, writing test cases and testing developed components to ensure that the software complies with product requirements. Interact with other IT members to determine if program performs according to the user request.
- Ensure quality of product - the primary function of this position is to provide both quality control techniques and quality assurance practices to help ensure the continued high level of quality in our business systems
- Plan and perform various types of testing (functional, integration, regression, smoke, etc.) in development and production environments to ensure the delivery of high quality end results
- Test all supported applications for reliability, consistency, stability, and ease of use
- Test business enhancements for quality control, by understanding business needs and requirements and testing to guarantee that enhancements are functioning as intended
- Document, prioritize, and complete detailed test cases, including scenario conditions, expected results, and actual results
- Develop, coordinate and present test results to the Business Analyst, System Analyst, and Developer
- Identify, log, and track defects discovered during testing, from entry to resolution, in ticketing system (TechExcel)
- Triage business issues and determine appropriate course of action for resolution
- Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results, and test status
- Provide reporting on defect tracking and escalate technical issues as needed
- Author and maintain required system documentation (online and print) and training documents
- Research and resolve break/fix production issues and reproduce production issues in lower level environments as necessary
- Participate in business requirements meetings to gather and record specification information
- Help define functional requirements needed for internally-developed applications
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings with BA/development teams to ensure appropriate identification and handling of defects and their timely resolution
- Help ensure system issues are investigated, addressed, and resolved quickly
- Ensure applications are developed to specifications
- Help improve processes to be more efficient and accurate through department collaboration
- Ensure defect tracking is defined, tracked, measurable, and repeatable
IL, Chicago - 550 W Jackson Blvd - 4th Floor
A Business Analyst is responsible for the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the Claims Department in support of the strategic goals of the organization. This will be accomplished by driving data analysis, efficiency and quality of work products and processes in order to meet the goals of the claims department and claims services. Works under the supervision of a direct manager and other claims management. This position will work at time with IT and/or finance insuring data and information is gathered correctly for reporting and evaluation.
IL, Chicago - 233 S Wacker Drive - Suite 3900