Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
Provides technical and authoritative support, as well as effective management, for all underwriting/administrative initiatives in the accomplishment of the corporation’s financial, strategic and business plan objectives as respects to the Equine/Cattle Program.
- On animal mortality referrals that exceed the Agent’s underwriting authority, AVP Reviews applications and required underwriting documents. Determines acceptability of risk in accordance with company guidelines and standards. Also, determines the need for additional evidence of insurability, justification of limits and the need for any health information for the coverage being requested. Places facultative reinsurance per Company reinsurance guidelines and up to approved limits of authority. Consults with Sr. VP on facultative reinsurance limits above the AVP’s limit of authority.
- Notifies Agents of adverse underwriting decisions, rate appeals, underwriting requirements, status and declinations, cancellations, non-renewals and overall experience. Recommend modifications to a program's underwriting guidelines or service standards when appropriate. Notifies Sr. VP of any potential issues or problems and recommends action on any unsatisfactory performance.
- Monitors rates, rules, and forms in Company rating and issuing systems and shared locations versus what is filed by BPS. Notifies Sr. VP of any discrepancies between issuing system and shared locations and the filed forms
- Keeps current on state/territory issues and regulations, industry activity and trends. Collaborates with other departments to support program(s) (i.e. regulatory, underwriting compliance, claims, actuarial).
- Distribute monthly premium and loss reports to all agents and all BEC staff. Notifies Sr, VP of any issues in the reports. Recommends action on any agents that have are under premium plan and/or have adverse loss experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned.