Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
Provides technical and authoritative support, as well as effective management, for all underwriting/administrative initiatives in the accomplishment of the corporation’s financial, strategic and business plan objectives as respects to the Equine/Cattle Program.
- On animal mortality referrals that exceed the Agent’s underwriting authority, AVP Reviews applications and required underwriting documents. Determines acceptability of risk in accordance with company guidelines and standards. Also, determines the need for additional evidence of insurability, justification of limits and the need for any health information for the coverage being requested. Places facultative reinsurance per Company reinsurance guidelines and up to approved limits of authority. Consults with Sr. VP on facultative reinsurance limits above the AVP’s limit of authority.
- Notifies Agents of adverse underwriting decisions, rate appeals, underwriting requirements, status and declinations, cancellations, non-renewals and overall experience. Recommend modifications to a program's underwriting guidelines or service standards when appropriate. Notifies Sr. VP of any potential issues or problems and recommends action on any unsatisfactory performance.
- Monitors rates, rules, and forms in Company rating and issuing systems and shared locations versus what is filed by BPS. Notifies Sr. VP of any discrepancies between issuing system and shared locations and the filed forms
- Keeps current on state/territory issues and regulations, industry activity and trends. Collaborates with other departments to support program(s) (i.e. regulatory, underwriting compliance, claims, actuarial).
- Distribute monthly premium and loss reports to all agents and all BEC staff. Notifies Sr, VP of any issues in the reports. Recommends action on any agents that have are under premium plan and/or have adverse loss experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Participate in execution of the audit process including audit planning, control evaluation, issue resolution, due diligence and special projects. Performs the assessment of internal controls over financial reporting and information systems to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act ('SOX').
- Perform the SOX assessment of internal controls over financial reporting and IT processes within the business unit at various intervals throughout the year.
- Participate in execution of audits including definition of scope, control evaluation, test activities, audit reporting, and issue resolution of current business partners and prospective business partners.
- Assist the organization by identifying and evaluating significant exposures to risk and contributing to the improvement of risk management and control systems.
- Analyze and evaluate opportunities to strengthen internal controls and improve business processes (financial and operational).
- Identify issues and work in partnership with business partners to resolve issues satisfactorily and communicate audit results with timely follow-up to ensure identified issues are resolved.
- Complete various ad hoc analysis as needed.