Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The VP, Regulatory Compliance performs and oversees compliance research and regulatory analysis in order to monitor regulations, assess risk and mitigate concern in support of Berkley Professional Liability business operations. S/he is responsible for ensuring all policies and procedures comply with company and governmental requirements and prepares and files policies and contracts with all relevant state insurance departments and other jurisdictions. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Processes state filings in support of corporate objectives.
- Maintains and updates Business Continuity Plan.
- Performs OFAC screening procedures.
- Researches and monitors legal and regulatory environment and assesses risk impact of regulatory, statutory and case law changes on primary insurance business.
- Independently analyzes company’s regulatory compliance, filing and forms postures and makes recommendations. Including the drafting of state amendatory endorsements and state specific rating rules.
- Coordinates multiple projects to ensure state and federal compliance. Leads efforts to ensure compliance with underwriting, filing, forms and regulatory or statutory changes in assigned states. Drives revisions as needed including process changes, underwriting updates, revising forms, filing/submitting the revisions.
- Receives and responds to involuntary market data calls and assessments. Responds to insurance department surveys and compliance audits.
- Serve as resource to underwriters with respect to regulatory/compliance related questions.
- Provides specifications for system implementation and ensures integrity of implementation with respect to rating systems, policy writing systems and premium recording systems.
- Acts as liaison with WRBC corporate compliance and will participate in corporate compliance meetings and calls.
- Assists, as needed, in product development.
The Vice President, Transactional Risk Underwriter will underwrite all aspects Representations and Warranties Insurance for Global Financial and Strategic Buyers acquiring North American Targets in most industry segments. Underwriting will occur on deal time and underwriting decisions will be made in a commercial fashion while maintaining underwriting discipline. The Vice President will develop their own “personal brand” among brokers, buyer counsel and buyers in order to win business.
Berkley Transactional is a division of Berkley Professional Liability. Our Mission is to provide creative and customized insurance solutions that enable buyers and sellers in M&A transactions to execute their transactions efficiently and effectively. We provide seamless execution, professional interaction, stable capacity with fair pricing, reliable coverage and professional claims handling.
The AVP, Underwriting Manager develops and maintains relationships with key brokers in the Region that allow him/her to analyze existing and prospective accounts in the Financial Services and Real Estate Sectors who are seeking Directors and Officers, Employment Practices, Fiduciary Liability and various FI Professional liability coverages such as Investment Management, Bankers Professional and Insurance Company Professionalinsurance coverage. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Marketing to retail and wholesale national and regional brokers and to end customers both in NY and in assigned regions.
- Preparing thorough underwriting work-ups that contain a detailed financial analysis, claims/legal history, and a review of significant recent corporate events for each new business and renewal account.
- Communicating with brokers during the renewal process to ascertain the client’s renewal expectations and on new business accounts to find the best opportunity for successfully winning the business.
- Participating in client meetings designed to address each account’s risk factors and mitigation approach.
- Working with senior managers to rate and price new/renewal accounts and draft all quote/binder letters and issue the policy.
- Maintaining the underwriting files on all in-force and lost/declined accounts.
- Developing forms, coverages, and pricing models as needed to support the business.
- Coordinating with Senior Management team, Claim, Legal, Regulatory, Finance, Actuarial, and Reinsurance functions in support of the business segment.
- Accurately forecasting and managing to the business plan
- Supporting branding and awareness efforts through trade and industry association events and sponsorship
The Private Company Management Liability Senior Underwriter analyzes and underwrites existing and prospective private company accounts seeking Directors and Officers, Employment Practices, and Fiduciary Liability insurance coverage. S/he develops relationships with key brokers to increase the submission flow and quality of new business prospects. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare thorough underwriting work-ups that contain a detailed financial analysis, claims/legal history, and a review of significant recent corporate events for each new business and renewal account.
- Communicate with brokers during the renewal process to ascertain the client’s renewal expectations and on new business accounts to find the best opportunity for successfully winning the business.
- Participate in client meetings designed to address each account’s risk factors and mitigation approach.
- Work with senior managers to rate and price new/renewal accounts and draft all quote/binder letters and issue the policy.
- Responsible for maintaining the underwriting files on all in-force and lost/declined accounts.
The Transactional Risk Claims Attorney will manage all aspects of claims resolutions for Representations and Warranties, Tax and Contingent Liability claims. S/he will review claims notices, navigate purchase agreements, schedules and data rooms and draft follow-up letters responsive to the claims and manage the process through resolution. The Transactional Risk Claims Attorney reports to the Senior Vice President & Chief Claims Officer at Berkley Professional Liability and works closely with the members of Berkley Transactional team. S/he will retain outside counsel and forensic accountants as needed.