The AVP, Sr. Claims Examiner handles all aspects of claims notices and files related to professional liability and accompanying coverages, including but not limited to claims and coverage analysis, liability and damages analysis, reserve setting, reporting, reinsurance analysis and reporting, and travel. The role manages outside defense and coverage counsel that are assigned on claim or pre-claim files, including cost containment and litigation management. The role will support and assist with marketing and loss prevention education, including development of educational materials, for assigned product lines, as requested or needed. The AVP, Sr. Claims Examiner supports and assists functional departments, including marketing, risk management, finance and actuarial, including any related travel, as needed or requested. It will actively engage in and embrace the company’s continued learning and innovation culture, including participation in innovation groups to identify solutions for enhancement and change.
Key functions include but are not limited to:
- Adjusting all aspects of claims and loss notices, including but not limited to claims and coverage analysis, liability and damages analysis, reserve setting, reporting, reinsurance analysis and reporting and coverage litigation.
- Attend mediations, settlement conferences, trials and other claims-related travel as needed or required.
- Support the marketing, risk management, finance and actuarial departments, including any related travel, as needed or requested.
- Assist with or conduct large loss and reinsurance reporting.
- Maintain adjuster’s licenses in all states requiring licenses, or as requested.
- Possible product line oversight.
- Business-related travel as require or needed.
- Assist with marketing and development of risk management materials, as needed
- Active engagement in the company’s innovation culture and group
- Continued and self-driven learning