Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
In this position, the Senior Assistant Underwriter will support the Berkley Construction Professional Underwriting Team by collaborating with Underwriters to manage all operational aspects of the underwriting process. In addition, the Senior Assistant Underwriter will be responsible for creating and conducting training for new and existing assistant underwriters, workflow analysis and oversight of process/procedural improvement changes. The Senior AU will serve as a key contact for BCP related policy administration system changes, updates and issues.
The successful candidate will provide technical and operational support to underwriting staff through execution of the following core responsibilities:
- Prepare, quality review and issue new business and renewal binders and policies
- Prepare, quality review and issue endorsements
- Oversee the notice of cancellation process and provide processing direction to the team’s underwriting assistants
- Provide customer service support to brokers
- Responsible for assessing areas for improvement within routine underwriting support procedures and workflows
- Assist Senior Ops Specialist in analyzing BCP underwriting support processes for quality/service improvements, workflow streamlining and automation; make recommendations to Senior VP of Operations for improvement opportunity changes and independently facilitate implementation plans
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for all BCP related processes, procedures and operational functionality within Phoenix, the policy administration system
- Create and administer BCP Assistant Underwriter training curriculum for both new and existing team members
- Provide back-up to other AU’s when needed
- Actively participate in BAM’s Innovation activities
- Handle special projects/assignments as needed