The Senior Claims Examiner will handle all aspects of claims notices and files related to professional liability for Architects & Engineers and Owners/Contractors Professional Construction and accompanying coverages, including but not limited to claims and coverage analysis, liability and damages analysis, reserve setting, reporting, reinsurance analysis and reporting, and travel. The role will manage outside defense and coverage counsel that are assigned on claim or pre-claim files, including cost containment and litigation management and support and assist with marketing and loss prevention education, including development of educational materials, for assigned product lines, as requested or needed. The position will also support and assist functional departments, including marketing, risk management, finance and actuarial, including any related travel, as needed or requested.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Adjusting all aspects of claims and loss notices, including but not limited to claims and coverage analysis, liability and damages analysis, reserve setting, reporting, reinsurance analysis and reporting and coverage litigation.
- Attend mediations, settlement conferences, trials and other claims-related travel as needed or required.
- Support the marketing, risk management, finance and actuarial departments, including any related travel, as needed or requested.
- Assist with or conduct large loss and reinsurance reporting.
- Maintain adjuster’s licenses in all states requiring licenses, including CA.
- Business-related travel as require or needed.
- Assist with internal audits as required or needed.
In this position the Underwriting Assistant will support the Berkley Design Professional Underwriting Team with various tasks relating to underwriting support as well as serve key back-up for other Operations roles.
Overall responsibilities will include the following:
- Handle Submission clearance and set-up
- Review unidentified mail; attach to BDP Phoenix file or refer to other WRBC underwriting unit
- Monitor BDP queues to ensure info is being up uploaded correctly
- Update Insured contact information in Phoenix (policy administration system)
- Handle electronic filing of various documents into Phoenix
- Provide primary back-up for Submission clearance for BSP Technical Assistant
- Provide primary back-up of First Notice of Loss entry for Claim Assistant
- Provide primary back-up of invoice processing for Claim Assistant
- Provide primary back of agency set-ups/updates
- Create operations related Cube reports
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.