In this position the BAM Operations Assistant will support Berkley Alliance Managers Underwriting and Claim Team with various tasks relating to operations tasks and account management as well as ensuring file data quality.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Set up First Notice of Loss (FNOL) in the Odyssey claim administration system
- Generate Insured and Broker Acknowledgment letters
- Electronically file and code First Notice of Loss (FNOL) related documents in the Odyssey system
- Process invoices for all vendor payments and serve as the key contact for questions
- Handle state-required reporting to comply with Child Support Lien laws
- Handle claim related special projects and administrative support as needed
BCP, BDP & BSP Underwriting
- Enter/clear new business and renewal submissions in the Phoenix policy administration system
- Generate/email Insured and Broker acknowledgement letters
- Generate/email loss run requests
- Completed status changes
- Execute BOR protocols
- Issue cancellations and non-renewal notices as needed
- Handle underwriting related special projects and administrative support as needed
General Operations Support
- Assist with Producer Database updates and other Producer Management related assignments/special projects
- Assist with various Operation’s related special projects
The AVP, Senior Claims Examiner will handle all aspects of claims notices and files related to professional liability and accompanying coverages, including but not limited to claims and coverage analysis, liability and damages analysis, reserve setting, reporting, reinsurance analysis and reporting, and travel. Manage outside defense and coverage counsel that are assigned on claim or pre-claim files, including cost containment and litigation management. Support and assist with marketing and loss prevention education, including development of educational materials, for assigned product lines, as requested or needed. Support and assist functional departments, including marketing, risk management, finance and actuarial, including any related travel, as needed or requested. Actively engage in and embrace the company’s continued learning and innovation culture, including participation in innovation groups to identify solutions for enhancement and change.
Overall responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Adjusting all aspects of claims and loss notices, including but not limited to claims and coverage analysis, liability and damages analysis, reserve setting, reporting, reinsurance analysis and reporting and coverage litigation.
- Attend mediations, settlement conferences, trials and other claims-related travel as needed or required.
- Support the marketing, risk management, finance and actuarial departments, including any related travel, as needed or requested.
- Assist with or conduct large loss and reinsurance reporting.
- Maintain adjuster’s licenses in all states requiring licenses, or as requested.
- Possible product line oversight.
- Business-related travel as require or needed.
- Assist with marketing and development of risk management materials, as needed
- Active engagement in the company’s innovation culture and group
- Continued and self-driven learning