The VP, Senior Claims Examiner will handle all aspects of claims notices and files related to professional liability and accompanying coverages (BAM products), including but not limited to claims and coverage analysis, liability and damages analysis, reserve setting, reporting, reinsurance analysis and reporting, and travel. This position will also manage outside defense and coverage counsel that are assigned on claim or pre-claim files, including cost containment and litigation management.
Other responsibilities are as follows:
- Support and assist with marketing and loss prevention education, including development of educational materials, for assigned product lines, as requested or needed.
- Support and assist functional departments, including marketing, risk management, finance and actuarial, including any related travel, as needed or requested.
- Oversee, within extended authority, the day-to-day claims and coverage issues being handled by CAMICO (third party administrator) for the accountant’s professional liability program, including meeting and/or exceeding the yearly audit requirement, handling input of large loss reports, review of coverage letters, and working with underwriting to identify trends and draft policies and endorsements. May also require handling some accountant’s professional liability claims in-house, as needed.
- Adjusting all aspects of claims and loss notices, including but not limited to claims and coverage analysis, liability and damages analysis, reserve setting, reporting, reinsurance analysis and reporting and coverage litigation.
- Attend mediations, settlement conferences, trials and other claims-related travel as needed or required.
- Support the marketing, risk management, finance and actuarial departments, including any related travel, as needed or requested.
- Assist with or conduct large loss and reinsurance reporting.
- Maintain adjuster’s licenses in all states requiring licenses, or as requested.
- Business-related travel as require or needed.
- Oversee daily operations of accountant’s professional liability claims currently being handled by TPA.