Click column header to sort
The Berkley Agribusiness Marketing Specialist will exemplify an entrepreneurial spirit and creativity. If you are looking for an opportunity to Create Your Future, keep reading. This position works directly with Berkley Agribusiness leadership teams to develop and lead our Marketing and Communication strategies. Additionally, the role will manage 3rd party marketing agency relationships. They will also be responsible for leading and developing innovative ideas and concepts surrounding our brand; go-to-market strategies; agent and customer online experiences. This will consist of but not be limited to brand communication and clarity, both internal and external; market penetration strategy, digital, web, and graphic design needs.
This leader will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team and functional leaders as an internal consultant and business partner. They will use strong analytical skills to interpret data to make recommendations to optimize and maximize the company’s marketing potential to both internal and external stakeholders.
Serves as the primary point of contact with vendor marketing firms. Collaborates with marketing firms to lead, design, and execute marketing campaigns in support of marketing strategies aligned to specific business needs including the following:
- Go to market strategies (for both agent and customer segments)
- Brand awareness, effectiveness, and optimization
- Agent and customer experiences, including all digital experiences
- Customer acquisition strategies for business development
Develops, coordinates, and delivers clear effective messaging that differentiates Berkley Agribusiness in the marketplace.
Uses strategic thinking and analytics to problem solve and enhance position in the marketplace.
Researches competitive intelligence opportunities in the marketplace. Stays attuned to relevant market conditions and trends to drive effective messaging and tactics to targeted audiences. Works to create, design, and implement new ideas within Berkley Agribusiness.
Analyzes and evaluates the historic and current performance of marketing campaigns. Reviews various data sources to identify best performing campaigns and success as compared to established KPI’s. Makes recommendations to enhance, revise and automate future campaigns.
Plans and manages Berkley Agribusiness social media strategy following all internal guidelines, including but not limited to showcasing our Berkley Agribusiness internal culture to future applicants via our website, Linked In, etc. Will also play an active role in portraying a positive brand ambassador at internal and external events as requested. Supports and shapes Berkley Agribusinesses' public and community relationships and affairs.
The AVP-Business Development is expected to create and perpetuate business opportunities through the management and growth of a national distribution network of agency & broker partners with defined Agribusiness and Food practice groups. This individual must have extensive experience in the insurance marketplace in addition to exuding strong leadership and underwriting acumen to effectively vet production opportunities. Additionally, the candidate must have successfully demonstrated the acumen to network with C-suite and executive leadership to establish strategic partnerships.
- Strategically expands market access in the niche markets of Commercial Agribusiness and Food. Implements and monitors an effective agency management system that supports the company’s profit and production objectives. Facilitate profitable business growth by building strong professional working relationships with business partners in key decision-making roles.
- Analyzes competitive marketing data, market and industry research, loss ratios, mix of business, policy count, premium growth, hit ratios and business retention to identify territorial and agency needs. Develops and implements action plans that align with company growth and profitability strategies. Recognizes opportunities to penetrate new markets. Takes advantage of all critical opportunities to increase market share.
- Performs due diligence on potential new domestic and international markets including developing definition, entry strategy, identifying scope and capital costs.
- Leads and influences agencies through creation and execution of sales strategies that drive new sales, profit and retention. Identifies new distribution opportunities and recommends agency appointments, while increasing relevancy in existing agencies.
- Develops, implements and manages an agency appointment and onboarding process that results in quality representation of the company. Ensures that business partners are familiar with the company’s initiatives, products, policies, procedures and services. Develops and tracks metrics and success criteria for all sales/marketing programs and activities holding business partners accountable to profitability, production and volume commitments. Ensures the Company follows through on commitments to business partners.
- Exemplifies collaboration, teamwork and unified goals when working with peer leaders in Underwriting, Risk Services and Claims to secure resources, vetting out business opportunities, securing accounts and delivering on value proposition of service. Leverages relationships with other W. R. Berkley Corporation companies to capitalize on business opportunities and efficiencies.
Investigates and handles high severity and/or complex commercial casualty claims in a prompt, equitable manner by analyzing coverage, liability and damages, evaluating reserves, negotiating settlement or conclusion of claims. This will include handling litigated cases. Incumbent will travel within an assigned territory when necessary.
- Investigates loss, evaluates exposures, establishes accurate reserves and manages defense and settlement or conclusion of high severity and/or complex claims. Re-evaluates exposures and reserves during the life of the claim. Correctly enters claim data into claim and related systems for reporting purposes. Confers with Claims Supervisors, Claims Manager and Home Office Claims staff to inform, solicit input and strategize. Utilizes Claims staff to assist with investigation. Coordinates investigation with Subrogation and Arbitration Units.
- Selects appropriate outside legal counsel to coordinate the defense of each suit. Strategizes and evaluates, with assistance of outside defense counsel, to determine direction of defense, e.g., defend to conclusion; compromise, or negotiate a fair and equitable settlement. Assigns tasks, sets completion dates and establishes costs.
- Provides technical advice, direction and mentoring to the Claims Department staff on high severity and/or complex commercial casualty claims.
- Attends settlement conferences, depositions, preliminary hearings and trials when advisable.
- Position can be remote work if the location is outside of the state of Iowa
The Product Manager will be responsible for leading the development of new underwriting products. Will analyze competitive market intelligence and provide technical underwriting guidance to the underwriting unit in support of achieving the Company’s strategy, growth and profitability objectives. This position will have a remote work option with regular travel to our Des Moines offices.
- Responsible for the development of new underwriting products needed to meet company’s growth initiative. Responsible for providing coverage analysis and data to underwriting as assigned by individual underwriters. Required to create, monitor, and amend underwriting guidelines and supplemental applications as required.
- Analyzes competitive market intelligence to identify trends. Provides guidance regarding the unit’s performance, financial results, profitability, business mix, competition, and market trends. Recommends adjustments as they relate to financial targets. Presents at reoccurring staff meetings.
- Provides technical underwriting leadership and support to Commercial Underwriting Department to assist unit in achieving the company’s strategy, growth and profitability objectives. Provides guidance on referrals from underwriting operations including coverage design and compliance. Drafting of manuscript forms for specific clients on an as-needed basis. Monitors and communicates pricing and filing changes to underwriting in support of growth goals.
- Leads underwriting audits of individual risks for compliance with company guidelines, state regulations and reinsurance. Required to audit rating systems to verify compliance with state filings.
- Serves as a technical underwriting resource for Business Development, Risk Control, Claims, Premium Audit staffs, and Berkley Shared Services and Berkley Technology.
- Participates in development and/or delivery of training material for changes to specific systems, changes in underwriting appetite and workflow processes.
The Business Intelligence Developer supports business partners in making informed, data-driven decisions and promotes the advancement of Berkley Ag’s analytical culture and capabilities.
- Identifies and prioritizes opportunities for improving business partner decisions. Uncovers new opportunities by leveraging analytic practices to design, build new, creative, high impact analytic solutions.
- Produces analysis and communicates insights that are actionable by business partners. Researches, designs, implements and validates solutions to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Designs, develops and maintains reports and dashboards to help tell the story, whether at a book level or at an individual customer level and everything in between using Tableau
- Promotes the advancement and usage of business intelligence products and reports throughout the entire Berkley Ag organization.
- Stewards for internal and external data sources, supporting data governance and the continuous improvement of data availability and data quality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Manages the day-to-day operations within the Risk Services unit; sets priorities; and utilizes staff and resources to maximize efficient performance. Plans, organizes, coordinates, and assigns risk evaluations/services for existing and prospective insured clients to the field team. Reviews, analyzes, and routinely audits risk services associate survey reports to assure accuracy, quality, timeliness, and compliance with company standards.
- Actively represents the risk services function throughout the company, including ongoing collaboration with Underwriting, Business Development, Claims, Marketing, HR and IT departments.
- Develops, trains, and supervises personnel in planning, developing, implementing and administering programs designed to aid policyholders in the identification and control of hazards to prevent and/or reduce on the job injuries, property damage, fleet and third-party liability claims.
- Develops processes and procedures for continuous risk profile improvement; proactively and routinely interacts with policyholders and agents/brokers to optimize the impact of risk services. compliance regulators. May perform risk evaluations of insurance prospects as needed or requested.
- Position is remote with travel to customer sites.
The Actuary or Senior Actuarial Analyst may be responsible for completing Rate Reviews and Actuarial Indications, participating in company’s planning processes, and providing tools and analysis in support of pricing adequacy. These activities are to be completed with more independence, proactively, and demonstrate a working knowledge of the core principles and standard actuarial techniques.
- Lead regular LOB and segment deep dives to identify drivers of performance and develop actionable rate and non-rate recommendations to ensure the path to target returns
- Identifies, retrieves, and prepares data in support of actuarial analysis through SQL, SAS, and other data sources. Includes internal data (exposure, premium, loss, claims, price, etc.) and various forms of external data (bureau loss costs, bureau trends, macroeconomic data, market share, market pricing, etc.)
- Ensures the accuracy and suitability of data for the business need at hand. Manipulates data, performs analysis and interprets data through Excel or other analytics platforms and presents recommendations.
- Completes Rate Reviews, Ratemaking, and Actuarial Indications including support of forecasting investment rates of return, underwriting expense provisions, frequency/severity and exposure trends. Gains management support for recommended changes.
- Works with Cross functional teams to identify segments with profitable growth potential; identifies underperforming segments and proposes corrective actions to improve profitability.
- Take a leading role in the development, maintenance and implementation of various actuarial pricing models.
- Provides tools and analysis in support of Underwriting’s pricing decisions with respect to large accounts as well as different business segments in our book.