Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full-time Underwriter for its Managed Care segment. This position will solicit, write, and retain a profitable book of Managed Care/Reinsurance business. Requiring extensive underwriting analysis and sound judgment, this role will be responsible for contributing to the achievement of Berkley Accident and Health’s financial plans by meeting established premium growth and profitability goals. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assesses risk to ensure that the risk meets established underwriting criteria
- Evaluates, price and proposes rates based on established underwriting guidelines while meeting profitability standards set by management
- Manages assigned workload to meet productivity and time service standards
- Develops and maintains successful relationships with target sources
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with management and staff to further the company’s mission
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full time Senior Stop Loss Underwriter for the EmCap Employer Group. This position is a great fit for an experienced ESL underwriter with a minimum of 10 years of experience. The selected candidate will underwrite, evaluate risk, make clinical evaluations in conjunction with clinical staff, and build and maintain profitability on an assigned block of new and renewal business in an assigned territory. The role can be based in Hamilton New Jersey, Marlborough Mass, Souderton PA or be based REMOTE.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Use knowledge of Stop Loss market to build and maintain a profitable book of business
- Review, evaluate, underwrite and quote employer stop loss risks within assigned letter of authority
- Conduct medical underwriting and claimant risk assessment
- Drive sales and underwriting for specified territory while maintaining profitability
- Mentor and train lesser experienced Underwriters
- Work collaboratively with assigned sales representatives and account managers to develop and grow territory
- Manage, maintain and handle territorial assignments
- Accurately and thoroughly document files and record underwriting thought processesanage sold case preparation and issuance of applications
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full time Underwriting Associate in our Hamilton
Square, NJ office. Essential duties and responsibilities of this entry level role in our Underwriting team include but are not limited to:
- Setting up folders in a team shared drive for all information received for new submissions
- Running census data in Excel spreadsheets for each submission
- Logging submission in David Young system including benefits, reinsurance terms, and census
- Communicating with Sales Reps and Underwriters to ensure all information is
- complete and accurate
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a Premium Accountant to join its Finance Department to administer its premium billing, collection and reporting process. S/he will report directly into the Accounting Manager. And will be directly responsible for premium administration and cash receipts application activities related to the Company’s Employer Stop Loss insurance business that is administered through its David Young system. This is an exceptionally good entry level opportunity for someone who is interested in building a career in the Accounting area of the insurance industry. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Application of cash receipts to policyholder accounts.
- Production / mailing of claim and commission checks to agents, brokers and TPAs.
- Balancing the system to the company’s cash book and bank statement, and preparing the system for month-end closing.
- Reaching out to policyholders, agents, brokers and TPAs for adjustments to premium remittance.
- Reviewing aging reports and pursuing outstanding premiums.
- Updating company’s cash book by segments by treaties.
- Recording claim refund to David Young System.
- Working with the Underwriting, Account Managers, and Finance teams in the resolution of any premium reporting, billing, commission, or payment issues.
The Claims Analyst performs a complete quality review and evaluation of all Stop Loss claim submissions received and logged in the David Young Claim System to determine whether the amount requested is eligible for reimbursement under the Stop Loss Policy in force. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process an average of 5 to 7 claims per day.
- Maintain a processing accuracy of 99% or better.
- Determine, on a timely basis, the eligibility of assigned claim by applying the appropriate contractual provisions to the medical facts and specifications of the claim.
- Review and adjudicate claims within approved authority limits.
- Maintain assigned claim block and assist other team members while meeting departmental guidelines.
- Elevates issues to next level of supervision, as appropriate.
- Exhibit good organizational, oral communication and interpersonal skills while working with internal and external customers.
- Document rationale of claim decisions based on review of the contractual provisions, plan specifications and the analysis of medical records, etc.