Click column header to sort
This Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for creating and managing business intelligence (BI) and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge, ultimately helping an organization make better decisions. This is done by leveraging software tools to transform data into useful insights via reports, summaries, dashboards, graphs, charts, or maps. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assembling large, complex sets of data that meet non-functional and functional business requirements
- Building and managing the Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes and implementing solutions to do so
- Translating business requirements into sustainable and efficient visualizations and reporting
- Performing quality assurance checks on new or enhanced reports
- Performing data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues
- Documenting work, and updating technical documentation and end-user job aids
- Working with stakeholders and assisting them with data-related technical issues
- Performing root-cause analysis, identifying, and resolving data reporting issues in a timely fashion
The Stop Loss Underwriting Manager will seek profitable growth of the company’s portfolio of stop loss business by analyzing and selecting risks based on qualified underwriting criteria that adhere to the company’s established underwriting guidelines. This position will work cross-functionally with clinical, actuarial, claims and distribution to carry through new and renewal business strategies and to negotiate complex cases in a professional and thoughtful manner. This position will also strive to innovate in the areas of underwriting operational efficiency, in accordance with the company’s ongoing commitment to innovation and its core behaviors. This role combines both individual production goals with management responsibility for an assigned group of underwriters within either a geographical region, a target program or production source.
Location Flexible- Ideally near Hamilton Square, NJ or Marlborough, MA but will consider qualified candidates in other geogrpahic areas as well.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Write and retain profitable stop loss cases adhering to the company’s guidelines and within assigned letter of authority.
- Work collaboratively with clinical underwriting staff to ensure adequate risk premium is established based on known, ongoing claimants.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with target production sources within assigned programs. Foster trust and effective partnerships in order to more successfully manage the negotiation of complex cases and programs with external stakeholders, as well as internal stakeholders within Sales and Account Management.
- Oversee the activity assignments and workload balance of assigned underwriting staff.
- Support staff on challenging risk evaluations, service situations, and during periods of high case volume. Use these opportunities to promote underwriter training, with an eye towards operational efficiency and consistency in underwriting approach.
- Ensure staff is properly composing, preparing, and generating correspondence, proposals, and other reports as needed or required.
- Oversee the review of Applications, Policies, Plan Documents/Amendments, and Proposal Contingencies ensuring that they are complete, accurate and in accordance with the sold case terms.
- Accurately document underwriting thought process and authority reviews through company journal and filing system.
The Self Funded Health Consultant develops and manages trusted relationships with assigned captive programs, functioning as primary liaison, supporting the implementation of new programs and delivering reporting, analysis and making recommendations of best practices and health risk management approaches to mitigate financial exposure.
Locations Flexible but ideally working from offices in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania or Connecticut.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and managing trusted relationships with assigned captive programs, including effectively interfacing with C-Suite and executive level business relationships at the policyholder, TPA, Broker, Captive and a variety of third parties.
- Functioning as primary liaison with Captive Manager and overseeing necessary captive deliverables to ensure timely cession reporting and member/consultant support.
- Coordinating and preparing monthly, quarterly and annual loss reporting packages, quarterly conference calls, and 1:1 report introduction calls, as well as supporting and presentating at regional and annual program meetings
- Developing and managing communication of results and performance of assigned captive programs to internal and external parties, including analysis of historical performance and interpretation of loss performance.
- Developing and managing surveys and voting for assigned captive programs.
- Working with distribution channel and captive members in development and implementation of risk management strategies and education of potential health risk management solutions/vendors.
- Supporting the launch of new captive programs including establishing the cession reporting, coordinating calls and logistics with Program Sponsor/Captive Manager to ensure a smooth implementation.
- Developing documentation/recommendation of processes and procedures to support efficiency and growth targets for the captive division.
- Effectively liaising with various operating areas including premium accounting, finance, and clinical team on behalf of policyholders and consultant brokers to ensure understanding of claims handling, premium processes, policy provisions/endorsements and understanding internal health risk management services.
- Managing vendor relationships to maintain smooth coordination between the parties (TPAs, disease management, broker, captive, members, etc.)
- In collaboration with AVP, overseeing the activities of account management team assigned to programs, including training, development, and input on performance reviews to ensure appropriate coordination of information and resources to achieve customer service standards. At times providing back-up and support in interfacing with broker, policyholder and TPAs.