Click column header to sort
Are you passionate about understanding client needs, telling stories with data, and using technology to improve marketing effectiveness? If so, we can put you to work as our Marketing Strategist working on challenging projects that will let you make your mark. In this newly created position, you’ll develop and implement research and marketing automation strategies. You’ll serve in a highly visible role, working with others across the organization to improve customer insights, thought leadership, and marketing measurement. You can drive projects that matter to our continued growth. This is a great opportunity to help build the marketing infrastructure for a rapidly growing business. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Research and consulting
- Develop and execute a strategy to gather customer feedback
- Lead research efforts to collect broker and marketplace insights
- Analyze research and share insights with the leadership team to inform our long-term business strategy
- Collaborate with corporate marketing on joint strategic marketing programs
- Work on other quantitative and qualitative research projects and manage external vendors
- Help us become a thought leader in the marketplace through internal and external research
- Help translate research into stories through white papers, videos, and other content
- Develop and execute a strategy to gather and document customer testimonials and case studies
Technology and content delivery
- Identify ways to make our marketing content scalable to accommodate business growth
- Develop and execute strategies for automated content delivery, such as: content management systems, slide repositories, webinars, podcasts, videos, Salesforce campaigns, and other martech tools
- Act as owner of our content management technology and provide reporting to track and assess the success of content and campaigns
- Stay informed on solutions to improve our marketing processes through the use of technology and results tracking and recommend ideas for improvement
- Set annual project plans and research, recommend, and manage vendors
About the job
Our culture is one of innovation, collaboration, creativity, and teamwork. Our team is highly motivated, passionate about our business, entrepreneurial, and deeply experienced in developing and delivering product, service, and risk management solutions in the stop loss, group captive, and managed care business.
This individual will provide administrative support to the President/CEO and other members of the executive team. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative activities.
What you will do
- Handle a broad range of administrative duties as well as ad-hoc projects across the team (order business cards, update org charts, etc.)
- Perform calendar management, including the complex coordination of meetings and video conferences with multiple participants across various time zones
- Organize and handle logistics for internal and external meetings, our team events, Town Halls and team off-sites
- Handle a broad range of administrative duties as well as ad-hoc projects across the team (e.g., order business cards, update org charts)
- Arrange and oversee domestic and international travel (flights, hotels, cars, visas if required)
- Process expense reports using the internal expense system
- Aid visitors from other Berkley offices and provide back-up telephone coverage as needed
- Preparing documents of a highly confidential and sensitive nature such as presentations, memos and correspondence, expense reports
- Closely partnering with internal teams to create and distribute pre-reads and training materials
- Developing periodic reporting
- Fostering positive relationships while interacting with staff and various levels of management from within and outside of Berkley Accident and Health
- Maintaining strict confidentiality and exercising independent discretion and judgment to solve complex problems.
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full time IT & Data Infrastructure Lead located in either Hamilton Square, NJ or remotely. This position is predominately responsible for driving all aspects and components of data management and analytics, creating the strategy for use of external systems, and ongoing systems build and maintenance. S/he is responsible for developing and executing the overall vision, mission, goals and strategies for the IT department of Berkley Accident and Health. Supervises 4 colleagues both on and off shore. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and handling comprehensive project portfolios, budgets, resource allocations, and costs for all IT related projects.
- Managing technology infrastructure
- Monitoring adherence to IT best practices and taking corrective action as required
- Assisting in the day-to-day administration and support of IT
- Collaborating with Berkley Technology Solutions (BTS) team as needed
- Assembling large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
- Building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources into an appropriate platform
- Developing sessions for data cleansing, manipulation and loading
- Working independently to implement programming methodologies, standards, and procedures
- Delivering quality code within scope and on time
- Analyzing technical needs, requirements, and state of the server, storage and virtualization infrastructure design, integration, and operations
- Recommending, developing, implementing and maintaining new and existing data technology infrastructures
- Managing Information Technology operations staff
- Leading efforts to research and test new technology to improve services
- Developing processes to streamline and automate routine tasks
- Evaluating workload of staff to ensure projects are on time; affecting change when necessary
- Proactively engaging with internal customers, product development team, and management to determine customer needs leading to the development and execution of business strategy
- Analyzing problems and communicating with end users and department managers to assess needs and determine optimum solutions, changes or concerns.
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full time Senior Stop Loss Underwriter for the EmCap Employer Group. This position is a great fit for an experienced ESL underwriter with a minimum of 10 years of experience. The selected candidate will underwrite, evaluate risk, make clinical evaluations in conjunction with clinical staff, and build and maintain profitability on an assigned block of new and renewal business in an assigned territory. The role can be based in Hamilton New Jersey, Marlborough Mass, Souderton PA or be based REMOTE.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Use knowledge of Stop Loss market to build and maintain a profitable book of business
- Review, evaluate, underwrite and quote employer stop loss risks within assigned letter of authority
- Conduct medical underwriting and claimant risk assessment
- Drive sales and underwriting for specified territory while maintaining profitability
- Mentor and train lesser experienced Underwriters
- Work collaboratively with assigned sales representatives and account managers to develop and grow territory
- Manage, maintain and handle territorial assignments
- Accurately and thoroughly document files and record underwriting thought processesanage sold case preparation and issuance of applications
The Special Risk Division of Berkley Accident and Health offers customizable accident insurance solutions that may help groups, individuals and families minimize the financial impact that can result from a covered accident. We are seeking a Products & Compliance Analyst to join our team and offer flexibility with regard to work/office location. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with Product Development of a vast array of group, blanket and individual accident products, supplemental health products, specified disease products and other Accident & Health products
- Prepare and submit form and rate filings via SERFF and I-File after thorough compliance review of relevant legislation and regulatory updates
- Work collaboratively with Underwriting and Actuarial, as applicable, to promptly address Insurance Department inquiries, negotiate regulatory approval in the required jurisdictions and prepare detailed instructions for products’ use upon approval
- Develop and maintain successful and productive relationships with state insurance department personnel to effectively resolve filing issues while furthering company interests
- Manage filing status for all products and update all applicable status charts and other internal documents
- Maintain a database of product filings including the due dates and status of the filings, prepare reports on the status of filing projects for management and maintain form, rate and rule manuals for implementation
- Prepare thorough and clear communication to IT Department regarding any changes to currently automated forms and/or additions to automated system necessitated by each new approval. Must provide proper print rules, work with programmers, testing of output and sign-off prior to release to the business unit
- Assist with efforts to automate all Accident & Health policy forms including reviewing and commenting on policy specifications, inventory of approved state-specific text and rules, clarification of issue instructions, creation of test cases, participation in policy fulfillment testing, creation and maintenance of tracking logs, quality assurance, and other related tasks
- Perform compliance research and other projects as requested
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full time Underwriter for its Managed Care segment. This position will solicit, write and retain a profitable book of Managed Care/Reinsurance business. Requiring extensive underwriting analysis and sound judgment, this role will be responsible for contributing to the achievement of Berkley Accident & Health’s financial plans by meeting established premium growth and profitability goals.
Managed Care Underwriter Essential duties include:
- Assess risk to ensure that the risk meets established underwriting criteria
- Evaluate, price and propose rates based on established underwriting guidelines while meeting profitability standards set by Management.
- Manage assigned workload to meet productivity and time service standards.
- Maintain quote logs and ensure that appropriate action is taken within the requested due date.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with target sources.
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full time Stop Loss Underwriter for our Group Captive division. This position will write and retain profitable accounts that require underwriting experience, with an analytic approach to spread risk. This role will contribute to the achievement of Berkley’s financial plans by meeting premium growth and profitability of assigned book of business.
Stop Loss Underwriter, Captives Segment – Essential duties include:
• Underwrites and proposes financial structure on accounts from 50 – 400 employees within delegated authorities that are specific to position.
• Responsible for constant analysis and development of underwriting and business guidelines
• Develops and maintains successful relationships with target sources and assigned programs
• Responsible for ensuring profitability at both the single employer and group captive level
• Manages an assigned volume of case and program activity for both new and renewal policies
• Works with Supervisor and Actuary to revise and develop group captive tools to improve efficiencies in underwriting process.
• Communicates effectively with various team members within Captive Division