Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a Premium Accountant to join its Finance Department to administer its premium billing, collection and reporting process. S/he will report directly into the Accounting Manager. And will be directly responsible for premium administration and cash receipts application activities related to the Company’s Employer Stop Loss insurance business that is administered through its David Young system. This is an exceptionally good entry level opportunity for someone who is interested in building a career in the Accounting area of the insurance industry. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Application of cash receipts to policyholder accounts.
- Production / mailing of claim and commission checks to agents, brokers and TPAs.
- Balancing the system to the company’s cash book and bank statement, and preparing the system for month-end closing.
- Reaching out to policyholders, agents, brokers and TPAs for adjustments to premium remittance.
- Reviewing aging reports and pursuing outstanding premiums.
- Updating company’s cash book by segments by treaties.
- Recording claim refund to David Young System.
- Working with the Underwriting, Account Managers, and Finance teams in the resolution of any premium reporting, billing, commission, or payment issues.
The Clinical Cost Containment (CCC) RN position affords a seasoned Registered Nurse the ability to use his/her knowledge and experience in a unique and rewarding manner. CCC RNs provide consulting services for internal and external clients and their delegated entities. CCC RNs promote a thorough understanding of current and anticipated clinical needs and expected claims costs while facilitating the use of unique solutions to insure optimal care and claims outcomes. CCC RNs do not interact directly with patients. Our Clinical CCC RNs play in integral role in support of Berkley Accident and Health's vision to be recognized as the industry leader in risk management service. CCC RNs assure optimal clinical outcomes are obtained at a cost commensurate with the level of medical services rendered while also promoting client satisfaction and retention. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain relationships with our Clinical team members, other BAH employees and external clients to further BAH's mission.
- Be responsible for the review of claims, trigger reports, and 50% notice reports to identify catastrophic diagnoses or cases of concern to identify cost savings opportunities.
- Work in conjunction with Claims department to obtain updated/additional clinical or financial information from the client (TPA, Policyholder, Broker).
- Collaborate closely with claims team and underwriters, providing ongoing education to better understand the risk and how to manage it.
- Collaborate with Cost Containment vendors in support of Policyholder optimal outcomes.
- Understand nuances of each line of business and adjust activities and interventions based on the uniqueness of each market segment.
- Serve as subject matter reference in our company’s cost containment programs, including but not limited to our interaction with TPAs, Claims, Sales, Underwriters, Client Representatives, and Brokers.
- Serve as a subject matter reference in analysis of transplant contracts, and provide guidance to the TPA/Case Managers in the selection of the best transplant contract for their client.