As a strategic partner, the Assistant Vice President works with the Vice President of Human Resources (VP HR) and Operating Unit Leadership to align and support the VP HR with the execution of the talent strategy and operating unity strategic initiatives. This role works closely with Leadership and Group HR to consult, provide advice and guidance as it relates to talent-related activities including but not limited to: recruitment and selection, staff retention, performance management, talent development, compensation planning and employee relations.
The Assistant Vice President fulfills the primary responsibilities of the role by executing the following duties and tasks:
- Consults and counsels with leaders on performance management, talent development, salary administration, succession planning, recognition, training gaps, employee relations, employee conduct, etc.
- Guides and coaches leaders through actions related to formal disciplinary procedures, jointly determines appropriate course of actions; reviews and provides suggestions for performance improvement plans; and ensures legal compliance with aid of VP HR and/or legal counsel when necessary
- Proactively identifies areas for process improvement, innovation, and opportunities for efficiency and synergy
- Partners with management to improve employee engagement and increase productivity and retention, this includes coordination of community or company events, e.g.
- Confers with leaders to identify staffing needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, skills and competencies
- Partners with recruiting on internal and external recruitment efforts for all positions
- Partners with hiring managers to ensure proper department on-boarding tasks including: 30/60/90 day reviews, survey analysis, etc.
- Partners with the hiring manager to ensure required timely completion of new hire I-9’s; and finding alternative sources to complete new hire’s I-9 for off-site/remote/employees. Updating I-9 verifications in HireRight as required.
- Assists in the development and delivery of management and/or employee training sessions related to strategic initiatives, performance management, employee engagement, succession planning, etc.
- Actively researches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance; advising and collaborating on the development and administration of recognition programs with Group HR
- May lead or participate in special and/or cross-functional project teams related to Company and/or TCR strategic initiatives
- Identifies, evaluates and resolves employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints
- Conducts, Analyzes and reports on trends related to employee relations activities; Reviews exit interviews to analyze reasons for separation and to identify trends
- Assists employees with developing personal strategies or action plans related to the workplace, e.g., career development, performance improvement, peer/manager conflict, communication, etc.
- Administers initial and ongoing Visa and Immigration requirements
- Administers one – time – payments in Workday including: Sign On Bonus/Severance/Tuition Reimbursements
- Additional duties as assigned
Stop Loss Account Manager Job Summary:
- Provide account support to customers, brokers and program sponsors for their captive program.
- Handle and manage day to day activity with stop loss accounts in assigned captive programs.
Stop Loss Account Manager Essential duties include:
- Preparation of EmCap Illustrations on an as needed basis.
- Manage all aspects of stop loss account activity post sale (new business and renewal) for an account including collection of outstanding requirements for policy issurance
- Schedule and conduct onboarding calls, when necessary to ensure a positive initial customer experience
- Establish account files through onboarding process, including contact information, EOR and reimbursement set up, updating the EmCap database, initiating reporting with TPAs, setting up commissions and assignment of account manager in DY (Sales Administrator)
- Initiate the collection of necessary data for underwriter to perform renewal underwriting, when requested.
- Client Service contact for management and oversight on employer client stop loss activity including claims payment inquiries, premium submissions, commissions and overrides. Identify and resolve any issues that come up in these areas.
- Review A/R reporting monthly, pursue any overdue premiums and work with Premium Collection team to ensure that all shortfalls or overpayments are resolved satisfactorily. When necessary, prepare reconciliations to resolve discrepancies in premium payments.
- Upon request, prepare Schedule A – Form 5500 requests for information.
- Review commission payment summaries monthly for accuracy and take any remediation on a timely basis to ensure that incorrect payments are minimized.