Click column header to sort
EmCap Account Manager Job Summary:
Provide account support to customers, brokers and program sponsors for their captive program. Handle and manage day to day activity with stop loss accounts in assigned captive programs.
EmCap Account Manager Essential duties include:
- Preparation of EmCap Illustrations on an as needed basis
- Manage all aspects of stop loss account activity post sale (new business and renewal) for an account including collection of outstanding requirements for policy issuance
- Schedule and conduct onboarding calls, when necessary to ensure a positive initial customer experience
- Establish account files through onboarding process, including contact information, EOR and reimbursement set up, updating the EmCap database, initiating reporting with TPAs, setting up commissions and assignment of account manager in DY (Sales Administrator)
- Initiate the collection of necessary data for underwriter to perform renewal underwriting, when requested.
- Client Service contact for management and oversight on employer client stop loss activity including claims payment inquiries, premium submissions, commissions and overrides. Identify and resolve any issues that come up in these areas.
- Review A/R reporting monthly, pursue any overdue premiums and work with Premium Collection team to ensure that all shortfalls or overpayments are resolved satisfactorily. When necessary, prepare reconciliations to resolve discrepancies in premium payments.
- Upon request, prepare Schedule A – Form 5500 requests for information.
- Review commission payment summaries monthly for accuracy and take any remediation on a timely basis to ensure that incorrect payments are minimized.
- Support communication with the broker, TPA and policyholder as needed to ensure appropriate administration of the policy.
- Manage on time and accurate deliverables from proposal acceptance through policy issuance, including review and quality assurance with materials released.
- Review and distribution of implementation materials to brokers for transmittal to policyholder.
- Develop relationships with appropriate day to day key contacts at broker, TPA and policyholder.
- Review override payments and initiate check and distribution process.
- Provide account support to BAH Sales Representative, when necessary to ensure that customer needs are met.
- Effectively team with all functional areas within the company including but not limited to BAH Sales, and Underwriting, and policy issuance teams.
- Manage all incoming voice mail and e-mail within acceptable service delivery timeframes.
- Special projects as assigned.
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full time Senior Stop Loss Underwriter for the EmCap Employer Group. This position is a great fit for an experienced ESL underwriter with a minimum of 10 years of experience. The selected candidate will underwrite, evaluate risk, make clinical evaluations in conjunction with clinical staff, and build and maintain profitability on an assigned block of new and renewal business in an assigned territory. The role can be based in Hamilton New Jersey, Marlborough Mass, Souderton PA or be based REMOTE.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Use knowledge of Stop Loss market to build and maintain a profitable book of business
- Review, evaluate, underwrite and quote employer stop loss risks within assigned letter of authority
- Conduct medical underwriting and claimant risk assessment
- Drive sales and underwriting for specified territory while maintaining profitability
- Mentor and train lesser experienced Underwriters
- Work collaboratively with assigned sales representatives and account managers to develop and grow territory
- Manage, maintain and handle territorial assignments
- Accurately and thoroughly document files and record underwriting thought processesanage sold case preparation and issuance of applications
The Emcap Program Manager develops and manages trusted relationships with assigned captive programs, functioning as primary liaison, supporting the implementation of new programs and delivering reporting, analysis and making recommendations of best practices and health risk management approaches to mitigate financial exposure. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and managing trusted relationships with assigned captive programs, including effectively interfacing with C-Suite and executive level business relationships at the policyholder, TPA, Broker, Captive and a variety of third parties.
- Functioning as primary liaison with Captive Manager and overseeing necessary captive deliverables to ensure timely cession reporting and member/consultant support.
- Coordinating and preparing monthly, quarterly and annual loss reporting packages, quarterly conference calls, and 1:1 report introduction calls, as well as supporting and presentating at regional and annual program meetings
- Developing and managing communication of results and performance of assigned captive programs to internal and external parties, including analysis of historical performance and interpretation of loss performance.
- Developing and managing surveys and voting for assigned captive programs.
- Working with distribution channel and captive members in development and implementation of risk management strategies and education of potential health risk management solutions/vendors.
- Supporting the launch of new captive programs including establishing the cession reporting, coordinating calls and logistics with Program Sponsor/Captive Manager to ensure a smooth implementation.
- Developing documentation/recommendation of processes and procedures to support efficiency and growth targets for the captive division.
- Effectively liaising with various operating areas including premium accounting, finance, and clinical team on behalf of policyholders and consultant brokers to ensure understanding of claims handling, premium processes, policy provisions/endorsements and understanding internal health risk management services.
- Managing vendor relationships to maintain smooth coordination between the parties (TPAs, disease management, broker, captive, members, etc.)
- In collaboration with AVP, overseeing the activities of account management team assigned to programs, including training, development, and input on performance reviews to ensure appropriate coordination of information and resources to achieve customer service standards. At times providing back-up and support in interfacing with broker, policyholder and TPAs.
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full time Underwriter for its Managed Care segment. This position will solicit, write and retain a profitable book of Managed Care/Reinsurance business. Requiring extensive underwriting analysis and sound judgment, this role will be responsible for contributing to the achievement of Berkley Accident & Health’s financial plans by meeting established premium growth and profitability goals.
Managed Care Underwriter Essential duties include:
- Assess risk to ensure that the risk meets established underwriting criteria
- Evaluate, price and propose rates based on established underwriting guidelines while meeting profitability standards set by Management.
- Manage assigned workload to meet productivity and time service standards.
- Maintain quote logs and ensure that appropriate action is taken within the requested due date.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with target sources.
Berkley Accident and Health is seeking a full time Stop Loss Underwriter for our Group Captive division. This position will write and retain profitable accounts that require underwriting experience, with an analytic approach to spread risk. This role will contribute to the achievement of Berkley’s financial plans by meeting premium growth and profitability of assigned book of business.
Stop Loss Underwriter, Captives Segment – Essential duties include:
• Underwrites and proposes financial structure on accounts from 50 – 400 employees within delegated authorities that are specific to position.
• Responsible for constant analysis and development of underwriting and business guidelines
• Develops and maintains successful relationships with target sources and assigned programs
• Responsible for ensuring profitability at both the single employer and group captive level
• Manages an assigned volume of case and program activity for both new and renewal policies
• Works with Supervisor and Actuary to revise and develop group captive tools to improve efficiencies in underwriting process.
• Communicates effectively with various team members within Captive Division