Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The Surety Underwriting Administrator provides support to the Commercial and Contract Surety Department. S/he will provide technical, administrative, and underwriting support to assigned field offices. General functions include processing of new and existing business, system maintenance, agency inquiry support, document preparation, and overall bond portfolio management support. Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Sets up and amends account submissions and bond related information within the BASIS system ensuring that all relevant information is accurate and compliant with company standards.
- Prepares bid and final bond (contract or commercial) requests within BASIS for review and approval from underwriters. Updates bid status information within BASIS when received by the field underwriter.
- Processes all final bonds ensuring that all data is input correctly; that premiums and commission are accurate with respect to the account and producing agent; and that all supporting documentation is placed within the virtual bond file within the BASIS system in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Proactively works on the pre-renewal and renewal processes and works collaboratively with field underwriters to ensure that all bond renewals processed or otherwise handled (closed or canceled) in a timely manner.
- Maintains a diary system and produces other company reports relating to performance bonds to assist field underwriters with the management of their surety portfolios. Sends out Bond Status Inquires, in accordance with Company standards or at the direction of field underwriters.
- Has a solid understanding of BSG Rating Manuals and can accurately use applicable rating worksheets to support accurate premium computation and proper coding of bond activity.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that promote more effective business practices.
- Effectively researches, responds, and resolves agency billing issues and inquiries on a bond specific level or at an agency level
- Provides financial statements, work in progress and other account financial information to field underwriters.
- Orders credit reports and Dun and Bradstreet reports to support field underwriters.