Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The Executive Underwriter- Contract produces and underwrites new and renewal business from assigned agents/brokers in the primary line of business. S/he is expected to consistently achieve budgeted financial results (premium volume, loss ratio, premium collections and expense management including commissions) through new business acquisition, retention of business, and effective price management as a result of executing personal and branch objectives. The position interacts and collaborates with a team of Line of Business colleagues and other critical internal/external business associates. S/he is involved in both outside and inside business development, including direct responsibility for agency development and management within a book of business. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Underwrites, assesses and manages assigned portfolio of accounts in a particular line or lines of business with little or no supervision by his/her Manager and can effectively underwrite both performance and non-performance bonds.
- Understands and executes personal and branch objectives and strategies in an effort to produce budgeted results.
- Develops and leverages productive agency/client relationships through a high level of visibility with agents, brokers and clients in support of business objectives.
- Plans and executes effective regular travel to develop and enhance new and existing producer and account relationships; Visits new and existing accounts; prepares and shares meeting agendas, obtains follow up documentation, evaluates the accounts and submits timely detailed submission memos for appropriate credit approval.
- Effectively communicates the mission and objectives of BSG in account meetings with confidence, clear communication good listening skills, professionalism, and empathy with the goal to be a trusted adviser and valued partner to all parties. Maintains and manages workflow, including effective communications, with agency representatives in assigned territory, meeting all company standards and expectations. Communicates acceptance or rejection of new and existing accounts while working towards establishing and enhancing the Company’s brand.
- Accountable for accurate underwriting documentation/information in account management systems and adherence to documentation standards and ensures accuracy and integrity of all information contained in account files, and keeps them up to date.
- Effectively evaluates bond forms and contract documents in an effort to assess risk.
- Actively keeps management apprised of issues of importance to the Branch and to the Company.
- May assist or be directly responsible in the development, mentoring/coaching or supervision of Sr. Underwriters, Underwriters, Associate Underwriters, or Underwriting Trainees, as determined by his/her Manager.