Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The Regional Underwriting Manager will serve as the strategic, operational, and motivational leader of Underwriting in support of delivering profitable growth and providing excellent community, employee, and customer relations.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Underwriting Management Leadership
- Lead underwriting contact within assigned region.
- Responsible for strategically building a territory.
- Manage profit, loss, growth, rate and retention results for assigned territory
- Create new agency relationships and maintain existing relationships.
- Lead agency distribution within assigned territory.
- Develop marketing strategies.
- Underwrite and manage assigned book of business.
- Manage and monitor overall pricing practices and targets.
- Sales and marketing efforts as needed to build assigned region to include product presentations, agency product training, etc.
- Delegate underwriting authority and monitor compliance within assigned region.
- Manage treaty reinsurance coverage placement and adequacy
- Provide leadership and direction on business opportunities, pricing, retention analysis, loss control needs, and account stewardship
- Conduct audits for quality control and conduct training where needed.
- Prepare, assign and conduct performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Establish development plans for individual team members and direct reports.
- Participate in Claim Review Meetings when applicable.
Additional Marketing-Related Functions
- Visit and develop rapport with key existing and prospective agents, as appropriate;
- 50% travel. Occasional overnight travel.
May perform other functions as assigned.