Responsible for managing the underwriting workflow and processes for assigned book of business. Work with underwriters and producers in servicing international commercial technology accounts.
- Work with International Underwriting Team and U.S. Underwriting Field Staff in developing global insurance programs.
- Prepare information for securing international local placements which include exposures, pricing, deductibles, coverage, and other service needs.
- Mentor underwriting support staff and operations staff with regard to underwriting and processing international business.
- Follow established pricing, underwriting and documentation protocol as set forth by underwriting management.
- Work with US and foreign local producers in coordinating services needs on all aspects of foreign local coverages and coordinated global programs.
- Work in collaboration with International Underwriting Team on continued enhancements including systems, workflows, efficiencies, products, pricing, etc.
- Order and analyzing modeling to properly evaluate catastrophic exposures such as flood, earthquake and wind exposures.
- Communicate with agents on matters pertaining to insurance matters.
- Provide clear instruction and guidance to support staff.
- Maintain records and prepare required reports on activity as needed.
- Document underwriting files to reflect referrals and underwriting decisions.
- Operate according to underwriting authority as delegated by manager.
- May handle a book of renewal business depending upon experience.
May perform other functions as assigned.
This position will serve as a technology underwriting specialist in an assigned region delivering profitable growth and excellent community, employee, and customer relations. Our ideal candidate will have commercial technology or commercial middle market experience.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for generating profit, growth and retention results within assigned territory
- Lead business initiatives for territory which include generating business opportunities, pricing, premium retention, coverage analysis, loss control needs, claim service needs and account stewardship
- Manage underwriting staff within territory
- Mentor underwriting support staff and operations staff
- Establish business plans on an annual basis for assigned territory
- Product training for underwriting staff
- Follow established pricing, underwriting and documentation protocol as set forth by underwriting management
- Agency management including planning and driving results
- Target new producer partner agencies within assigned territory
- Lead sales and marketing efforts within assigned territory
- Product training for producers
- Occasional overnight travel
- May perform other functions as assigned.